Snow White vs Frozen/Pirates?

Hey everyone. Just curious if anyone could tell me the comparison of drops between PoC, FEA, and Snow White Mine Train? I’ve been on FEA and PoC but I’m wondering how SW will be in terms of the drop when you exit the cave, is it bad? I won’t ride splash mountain, so that kind of will tell you how much of a thrill seeker I am. Thank you!

Hey everyone. Just curious if anyone could tell me the comparison of drops between PoC, FEA, and Snow White Mine Train? I’ve been on FEA and PoC but I’m wondering how SW will be in terms of the drop when you exit the cave, is it bad? I won’t ride splash mountain, so that kind of will tell you how much of a thrill seeker I am. Thank you!

The drops on SDMT are mostly curved. IMHO, you don't really feel much. The drop on Splash Mountain is worse than any part of SDMT. It's (relatively) slow too. Space Mountain feels faster than SDMT even though the latter is actually faster.

Last edited:
The drop on 7DMT IMO feels faster than PoC or FEA but it is also a curve so it doesn’t feel as bad as some of the drops on SM. Plus when you go up the hill you will be so busy singing heigh-ho that you don’t notice! We did it twice and my mom who is not a big drop ride person went on it just fine. 🙃

Seven Dwarves Mine Train is still a coaster though! I’m not sure poster will like it at all, it’s nothing like Pirates or Frozen.

7DMT is a roller coaster. It is a relatively mild roller coaster, but FEA and Pirates are NOT roller coasters and so therefore are not comparable. 7DMT is much closer to Big Thunder Mountain in that regard. Pirates and Frozen are gentle, slow moving dark rides with very small drops. OP, will you go on Thunder Mtn? If you don't like Thunder at all, I would avoid 7DMT, which is milder but still in the same ride category: a fast moving roller coaster.

7DMT is a roller coaster. It is a relatively mild roller coaster, but FEA and Pirates are NOT roller coasters and so therefore are not comparable. 7DMT is much closer to Big Thunder Mountain in that regard. Pirates and Frozen are gentle, slow moving dark rides with very small drops. OP, will you go on Thunder Mtn? If you don't like Thunder at all, I would avoid 7DMT, which is milder but still in the same ride category: a fast moving roller coaster.
Yeah I was talking more in terms of just the drops. I haven’t done Thunder but I am definitely going to do that on my upcoming trip. The wait times have always just been so long when I go that I never got around to it. I’ll try that first and if it’s good then I’ll do 7D. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter