~Snowbird Chat 2~

So we finally got Logan's schedule, and now it looks like we're considering December 12thish to 20ish. I haven't booked a reservation yet, because I can't decide what I want, and the military discounts haven't been released for the end of the year yet. We're probably going to do half at Shades of Green and half at the Wilderness Lodge. I'm not excited about the split stay, but it's either that or go for less time, or do military tickets and only 4 days in the parks. I'm still having trouble with the sticker shock, but Logan's likely to deploy immediately after he finishes his masters in March. I am toying with the idea of doing 4 day tickets and the Christmas Party, but I don't think the kids would do great staying up that late.

Free dining does start up on December 12th, so that's an option. I know the kids couldn't stay up too late for MVMCP, but you are able to enter the MK at 4pm with your party tickets. Those extra 3 pre-party hours are awesome.

Free dining does start up on December 12th, so that's an option. I know the kids couldn't stay up too late for MVMCP, but you are able to enter the MK at 4pm with your party tickets. Those extra 3 pre-party hours are awesome.

If the military discount stays at 40% off deluxes, then it will be a better deal than free dining for us, especially with the inflated rack rate that week.

I am considering the Christmas party. If we plan it right, then it could work fine. We could also take a trip to a water park or something, but December isn't the best time for that.
I just wish the military tickets were 5 days. I could easily make 5 days work. Four is just so limited. I know I should be happy that we even have the option of lower priced tickets, but if you give a mouse a cookie....

Back from our May trip and just booked a Sept 30-Oct 5th trip for the girls... May was amazing... we were upgraded at CSR... paid about $140 a night with the military discount and were upgraded to a 3 room suite... bedroom, living room, kitchen... 2 full baths... it was amazing... looked on Mousesavers and the room is about $950 a night.... we were sure spoiled...

Maggie and Mikes engagement photos are amazing.... I will add some... anyone looking to get private photos done in Disney I would highly recommend Randy Chapman of Chapman Photography... he was amazing!!!

Back from our May trip and just booked a Sept 30-Oct 5th trip for the girls... May was amazing... we were upgraded at CSR... paid about $140 a night with the military discount and were upgraded to a 3 room suite... bedroom, living room, kitchen... 2 full baths... it was amazing... looked on Mousesavers and the room is about $950 a night.... we were sure spoiled...

Maggie and Mikes engagement photos are amazing.... I will add some... anyone looking to get private photos done in Disney I would highly recommend Randy Chapman of Chapman Photography... he was amazing!!!

That sounds fabulous!! Lucky!!

I would love to see some engagement photos!! Please share!

MM01245-18-14.jpg

MM01295-18-14.jpg

MM01985-18-14.jpg

Awwwww I LOVE the engagement pics!!!! Such a cute couple! Love the dress she has on at Epcot.

I'm officially on summer break! :cool1: No daycare kids until August!!!! So far I have painted the playroom, gone camping at the beach, and squeezed in a couple doctor appointments. It feels so good to have this break- didn't realize just how much I needed it til it got here! :cloud9: It's 7am and I'm relaxing in my pj's with a cup of tea and my laptop. :coffee: On a normal day I'd have 4 kids under 3yrs by now and a full house of 8 kids under 5yrs by 8:30am. :eek:

It's looking like January 2015 might be happening for us! It's going to be tight but we just might be able to make it work. I have to make sure everyone returns for me in August before we decide for sure. I don't want to start planning and looking into things yet and get my hopes up though. :rolleyes:

That's such a great idea for Engagement photos!! I love them!!!!! How special is that??!!

Kim~glad you are 'extra kid' free right now! LOL!! hope you get to go in Jan...:wizard: Things are gonna be so different to you in Fantasyland!! Kids are gonna love it!!!

Love the engagement photos!! So cute with the mickey ears and t-shirts too!

Kim - glad you are enjoying some "no daycare" time! It is hard to see that you need a break when you never have one! I bet your family can see how relaxed you are now. Enjoy your summer!

Well, we have made all our ADRs (I think) for our NYs trip. We will be enjoying dinners at Be Our Guest (on NYE!!), Trail's End, Via Napoli (Candlelight Processional package), Olivia's, 50's Prime Time Cafe and Lunch at Beaches and Cream, Breakfasts at Crystal Palace and Cape May Cafe. Probably enough to keep us happy!
I knew it was going to be super crowded and wanted at least one meal each day where I didn't have to wait in long lines for a cheeseburger. I'm sure we will at some point. Probably going to have some breakfast stuff in the room for some of the days as well.
Toying with the idea of adding Tusker House breakfast for our AK day if I can get an early ADR. Then maybe I won't need a FP for Safari.

I also purchased the first of our APs. I'm so excited to be an AP holder! Hopefully we'll get on two more trips during 2015. That's my hope! We'd really only need one to get our "money's worth" out of them compared to park hoppers. That DVC discount came in handy.

Hope you're all enjoying summer and not suffering the bad storms!

Aww, Maggie's engagement photos turned out great!

I'm still on the fence about our trip. I did halfway convince myself to just do the military tickets along with the Christmas party to cut costs.
We still don't know where the next year will take us. We're supposed to find out in August, so I think I'll be able to commit to something then.

My Mom came and got G to take back to her house for a few days. I'm supposed to be getting stuff done around my house, then going to retrieve him tomorrow. I've managed to accomplish a bit more than usual, but G, of course, isn't the child who wants to be held all day long. At least I've been able to put L down and not worry about her brother suddenly screeching for one reason or another and startling her awake.

Hi snowbirds. Just popping in to say hello. I haven't been on the dis in forever!! But I have a quick trip coming up in Sept/Oct with hubby (our 15th anniversary) so now I am checking in to some things on here:) We are doing 4 days at Bay Lake Tower and will do the deluxe dining since its just us.

We had 2 trips with the girls this year. Did a long weekend at the new GF DVC which was amazing..then we did spring break at Bonnet Creek. That place is phenominal. I highly recommend for staying off site.

I am so excited to ride the mine train!!!!!

Those engagement pics are amazing!! I am hoping that maybe in 10 years we can do a vow renewal in disney...that's my dream.

Hope everyone is well.

Andrea

Hey Peanut!!! congrats on the Anniv trip!! Mike & I did our 20th in April at the WL club level. It was awesome!! Yes, a 25th vow renewal would be amazing!!!!

Well…we are in our new house in our new town!!! Not sure if I posted on here or not~~ y'all are all aware of how bad I hate the weather where we are from.Well, we moved north of Dallas..5 hours away and the diff in humidity is startling!! It's still hot~ it's TEXAS!! LOL! But, you don't feel like you are wearing a wet hot blanket. The kids are enjoying it and we haven't even went anywhere or done anything yet! LOL.

Moved in on Thursday and are about 40% finished unpacking. Kitchen is almost complete~~ I had loooooots more cleaning to do when we got here than we anticipated. They had said it was going to be pro cleaned when we moved in…NOT. So, I spent aaaaallll day Friday scrubbing out cabinets and appliances..not the 'just move your stuff in' ready that I was planning on. Anyhoo…we are super excited and just about the time I get settled and we know where everything is, it will be time for the kids to start school! I have to get DS15 enrolled up here and DS18 moved into his dorm. LOOOOOOTS of moving and extras going on this summer!!!

Love the engagement pictures!

Hey Andrea! So glad to see you again! :goodvibes

Shawna... Oh my goodness with moving in this heat! Bless you, sister! We need to catch up as soon as everything settles down.

Love the engagement pictures!

Hey Andrea! So glad to see you again! :goodvibes

Shawna... Oh my goodness with moving in this heat! Bless you, sister! We need to catch up as soon as everything settles down.

Girl I know! LOL!! But, really it's better here than where I came from! Thursday when we got here, it was 85* w a real feel of 87*. Back at our old house it was 83* with a real feel of 105*…w about 80% humidity. But, yes, when it settles down I will call you next week!

Maggie and I have our trip all booked for the food and wine festival... Sept 30th to October 5th.... used some free miles for one leg... was able to get the rest of her flight and mine for $315 total... staying at the Shades of Green as the rate is only $109 at that time.... looks like her friend and her mom might be coming with us so that will help defray some of the hotel cost.... very excited to do a girls trip!!!!

I keep wanting to hit "like" on these posts. Guess I spend too much time on FB!

I am going to WDW with my BFF at the end of September for a conference! I'm SOOOO excited! We will be there from 9/26 - 9/30. I was going to go by myself, (that would have been fun too), but my friend is going through a tough time, and needed this trip! We are so thrilled!! Staying at AKL, going to Food and Wine and maybe MNSSHP.

Hi Andrea! I'd love to stay at GF DVC - I might only be able to stay one or two nights with our points! I've also heard good things about Bonnet Creek before.

Stay cool Shawna! Hope you're loving the new house!!

Sheree~~ you dirty dog! :rotfl: I hope you and your friend have a wonderful time!!!
We are loving it! Still working on changing out some lights/fans stuff like that…had the office room painted Wed/Thurs, so that is one big chore taken care of! And we didn't have to do it!! so that was even better!! Hired some college kids and they did a fantastic job!

I know! I'm really psyched! I'm starting a new PT job and this is related to it. I was going to go solo, and I had invited DH, but he said no, you go I'll stay with the girls. Then I was with my BFF yesterday and it all came together!! We are both really excited!

How far away from your old place did you move Shawna? From what I remember you saying, either here or FB, you were closer to Houston and now closer to Dallas? Big move!!! I'm scared just considering a move to the next town 3 miles over!! Mostly because we love most of our neighbors so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter