So about this Hurricane - 10/7 Dream cancelled, 10/7 Magic Canadian, 10/8 now 10/9 Fantasy 6-night

delo4

Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>I am not a fancy f
So, we are supposed to leave on Monday, the 4 day Dream. Any ideas on what Disney may do? Doesn't look like there are many choices to go and wait out the storm on a 4 day. Should be interesting.

We are on the same trip, as well as the 3-day that leaves tomorrow (B2B). We are getting increasingly curious, nervous, anxious about what is going to happen. I would be very grateful for any insight.

it is not expected to reach the Bahamas until Tuesday on the current track, so it would likely effect the middle portion of the 4-night - if it takes that track. Hope that the models hold true and it continues to take the eastward track. DCL will figure out the best way to avoid it and still make the cruise special. You can follow the "we're not doing this for TV ratings" meteorologists at www.flhurricane.com for good info.

Either south past Miami and into the Gulf or East for a cruise at Sea. They'll let you know and this is a good reason to check your travel insurance for possible solutions as well.

Either south past Miami and into the Gulf or East for a cruise at Sea. They'll let you know and this is a good reason to check your travel insurance for possible solutions as well.

That's what I thought, maybe go around Florida into the gulf and hang out. This will be my 29th cruise and sailed through a cold front once, but never a tropical system. Yikes.

More than likely they will skip the day at Castaway Cay. The thing to worry about is how rough it will be and when its rough they have a hard time docking at the port.

If the ship can leave port, it will, but you might miss or rearrange some port calls.

We were on board for Hurricane Michelle years ago, a 4 day that was scheduled to dock in Nassau, Freeport and Castaway Cay. We ended up in Charleston, SC and then were able make it to Castaway Cay. Not sure if that would work here.

LeAving Monday on the Disney Dream. Wondering what will happen since we are supposed to be going to Nassau on Tuesday. Anyone ever been on a cruise that this has happened to??

So, we are supposed to leave on Monday, the 4 day Dream. Any ideas on what Disney may do? Doesn't look like there are many choices to go and wait out the storm on a 4 day. Should be interesting.
We are on the same cruise and getting anxious about what's going to happen!

We are on the same cruise and anxious about what is going to happen. I don't think the Bahamas will be in the plan which doesn't hurt my feelings but we do love cc!

The Captain will do whatever he can to avoid sailing in a storm. I have cruised twice with hurricanes in the area and things seem to work out. On the Dream in 2011, Irene caused us to swap our sea day and CC day. On the Fantasy in 2014 Cristobal caused us to go to San Juan instead of St Maareten.

Good luck to all sailing next week!

We are on this cruise too. I have been waiting 7 years to step foot on Castaway Cay again, I will cry if we don't make it there. Plus I have 2 kids prone to seasickness, not looking forward to rough seas with them, have stocked up on the Dramamine. Fingers crossed it will all be ok, but I have had a bad feeling about this trip for the last month, just a feeling like it wouldn't happen. We fly to Florida tomorrow, nothing we can do but wait.

Think they will change first stop to Key West ? Did I see Disney sometimes stops there or was that another cruise line ?

DCL has regularly scheduled stops in Key West. Fun town - and I am not a drinker / pub crawl person, nor a fantasy fest person either.

Magic and Wonder can dock "downtown"

Dream and Fantasy have to dock elsewhere I believe (Navy Shipyards??)

RE Hurricanes: They try to avoid them as much as possible. Sometimes they can't - they have had to go to CC to "rescue" the islanders in the past.

And a few years ago, East bound PC cruise - Hurricane Polo off of Los Cabos Mexico, followed closely by Tropical Storm Odile. Those folks got a two for one deal in the really bad weather category!! But they had an appointment with the Panama Canal and had to press onward.

Last edited:
If we sail, but don't make any ports, it's too bad, so sad right? Nothing they will do?
Correct. If you read the Terms & Conditions that you agreed to when you booked, you'll find that DCL doesn't even guarantee that you'll leave port to start the cruise. And they have to power to change the itinerary at any time.

Magic and Wonder can dock "downtown"

Dream and Fantasy have to dock elsewhere I believe (Navy Shipyards??)
I believe the Magic class ships are the largest that can dock there (at the Navy dock). And DCL has docked at the Mole dock (on the Truman Waterfront. The Navy base - Access is restricted and requires passage through a security check point for all cruise passengers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter