So about this Hurricane - 10/7 Dream cancelled, 10/7 Magic Canadian, 10/8 now 10/9 Fantasy 6-night

One thing that other posters have not mentioned is that they created a new show for us the "floating hotel" night at PC. They allowed the theater team to showcase their talents by performing Disney musical numbers. Oh my! What a treat! The songs they chose were really diverse..."God Help the Outcasts" from Hunchback sang while accompanied by piano and a contemporary dancer. ::tears:
I would have loved to see that show!

Oooooh I'd love to hear that! Did anyone get a video or recording and if so is it posted anywhere?

It's on that Great Big Social Network we're not allowed to talk about, in that Great Big Social Network Group we're not allowed to talk about. It's not appeared on YouTube yet that I can find.

I found this on that GBSM site by a guy named Andre Carvalho, who posted it to the Aircooled 321 group.

We were at Kennedy Space Center on Sunday and decided to end the day at Port Canaveral to watch the Fantasy sail out. We were delighted to see the Dream moored at the end of the channel and to hear the horn battle between the two ships as the Fantasy went out to sea. It was a nice way to end our short vacation to Florida. It was an interesting trip. We arrived on Tuesday, did Epcot on Wednesday, pretty much stayed in our resort on Thursday and Friday and had a great day aybTyphoon a Lagoon on Saturday. Since our only plans for a park visit this trip were the day at Epcot we weren't too disappointed.

Someone had mentioned that the Carnival ships were not sailing out at night. This wasn't the case at all. I believe this is the Carnival magic setting sail, late, but moving.

Attachments

• SHIPS ON THE MOVE.JPG
    SHIPS ON THE MOVE.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 13

Yup. There's one dinner seating and one show.
Well that can't be good for those who rely on tips from dinner. And it's gonna leave the room host paycheck a little light too I suppose.

Someone had mentioned that the Carnival ships were not sailing out at night. This wasn't the case at all. I believe this is the Carnival magic setting sail, late, but moving.
It was true. But the restrictions were eventually lifted and they were able to leave.

We were on the "8" night Fantasy cruise. I was actually surprised that they didn't include the 8th night tips in the final bill as those CM's actually had to work. I hope people added a little extra at the end to make up for it...especially to those that rely solely on tips.

We were on the "8" night Fantasy cruise. I was actually surprised that they didn't include the 8th night tips in the final bill as those CM's actually had to work. I hope people added a little extra at the end to make up for it...especially to those that rely solely on tips.
I believe that Disney "picked up the tab" for the extra night, as people may not have budgeted for the extra days worth of tips, so Disney being good at customer service went ahead and covered the amount beyond what people had signed up for when they booked the cruise.

I believe that Disney "picked up the tab" for the extra night, as people may not have budgeted for the extra days worth of tips, so Disney being good at customer service went ahead and covered the amount beyond what people had signed up for when they booked the cruise.

ah ok...that makes sense

We are on the Magic in Halifax right now. While we haven't gone where we expected, the service is incomparable as there are more crew than guests? We could go to Palo every night if we wanted! We have two brunches planned and had one dinner, unfortunately it ended abruptly for me as that was the night in Sydney and I got really sick with the storm. But overall, everyone has been wonderful. We were disappointed that pot upgrades were only offered at the standard price!! No good deals were had there... So we stayed in our SP room and didn't get a verandah for over $500!

The horn exchange by the Dream and Fantasy were awesome this morning!

In 2004, when we were stuck out at sea for three extra days (our 7-day turned into a 10-day) because of Hurricane Frances, we had to dock in Port Everglade in the end and the Wonder pulled in behind us. They did a horn exchange and it was incredible. So weird to stay overnight on the Magic in port with the Wonder. And yes, we did not pay any extra fees or tips for those extra three days since we had no choice.

If it's cancelled completely, chances are there will be some sort of refunding. Whether it's a future cruise credit, actual repayment of the cancelled cruise, or some other combination of things can vary from incident to incident.

Oh, good. :thanks:

Has anyone out there from the 10/7 Dream received their refund?
We have rebooked a future cruise (May) and had to pay the deposit on it, but we still have not seen a credit on our VISA for the original cruise. Just keep wondering if anyone had gotten a timeframe for these to process?

We had park tickets that had to be processed via email, but they have called me to confirm the refund and are having to send via Disney gift card - which can take 4-6 weeks if I heard her correctly! I don't mind, given the situation and understand as we paid via the Disney Vacation Account and that cannot easily be credited like a credit card can. However, the cruise was on a Chase Disney VISA - which I would think could easily be reversed or credited.
We are going to have to request a check from VISA once it's got the credit to use the money elsewhere...and so we have more time to consider before paying the new cruise in-full. We opted to use a CHASE FREEDOM VISA this round because it gives you FREE trip insurance! Chase Disney does not! In case anyone else is wondering...

Just wanted to hear if anyone had seen a credit or was told a timeframe to expect such.

Has anyone out there from the 10/7 Dream received their refund?
We have rebooked a future cruise (May) and had to pay the deposit on it, but we still have not seen a credit on our VISA for the original cruise. Just keep wondering if anyone had gotten a timeframe for these to process?

We had park tickets that had to be processed via email, but they have called me to confirm the refund and are having to send via Disney gift card - which can take 4-6 weeks if I heard her correctly! I don't mind, given the situation and understand as we paid via the Disney Vacation Account and that cannot easily be credited like a credit card can. However, the cruise was on a Chase Disney VISA - which I would think could easily be reversed or credited.
We are going to have to request a check from VISA once it's got the credit to use the money elsewhere...and so we have more time to consider before paying the new cruise in-full. We opted to use a CHASE FREEDOM VISA this round because it gives you FREE trip insurance! Chase Disney does not! In case anyone else is wondering...

Just wanted to hear if anyone had seen a credit or was told a timeframe to expect such.

I have not seen the refund. And I had a refund processed at WDW on Monday and it has already posted. I'm wondering if it hasn't yet been pushed out.

I'm sure we are going to get it - and I know that they have been busy, but we were the first cruise cancelled for weather in 11 years. I would have hoped that they could have expedited refunds.

hmmm. thanks for your input! It does help to know that we are all just waiting. Our WDW credit will likely be WEEKS away, which it's ok. I can be patient. But I kind of thought the cruise would be sooner, since it's an easy credit card reversal and they were working on them since last Thursday.
and they took the deposit on the new one within hours! of course that's faster...although I don't know what in this day and age it should be any different to credit and charge -- it's the same process in reverse. oh well.:P

I'll try to sit patiently and wait :0)
At least we are getting the refund --

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter