So about this Hurricane - 10/7 Dream cancelled, 10/7 Magic Canadian, 10/8 now 10/9 Fantasy 6-night

So glad everyone made it back safe and there seems to be minimal damage. I was super bummed about missing our cruise, but I found this board and have learned so much these past few days. I can't wait to rebook and get out there.

I am live from the Dream right now! Feeling for those of you who were supposed to be on the 10/7 sailing and have had your cruise canceled, but from this end Disney has handled everything wonderfully.

Every night the captain was on stage with weather maps and giving us updates with the best information they had at the time. Letting us all stay this extra night is just one example of Disney going above and beyond. The food, entertainment and staff have been amazing. The characters were all over the ship today and tonight and they managed to put on a great day of entertainment with no notice and constantly changing info. Even with the ship at less than half full there has been zero reduction in service or entertainment. My in laws were on the ship with us and left today, they were able to stay in their rooms right up until disembarkation.

DCL managed to get the whole ship unloaded and us back on in about 3 hours time, going through the terminal went really well though we did have to wait about an hour to reboard. By the time we got back on dinner was ready and the aqua duck was up and running. The port authorities are only allowing ships to sail in the daylight so both carnival ships are here for the night. It's a surreal sight and I got some great shots of the ships and the terminal lit up at night. What a great experience to be on such an empty ship. A cruise to remember.

Every single company I have had to interact with through this experience has been wonderful. Shout outs to DCL, DVC, southwest and Alamo. Sad we have to get off the ship tomorrow. Time for me to turn in, it will be an early morning.

I am live from the Dream right now! Feeling for those of you who were supposed to be on the 10/7 sailing and have had your cruise canceled, but from this end Disney has handled everything wonderfully.

Every night the captain was on stage with weather maps and giving us updates with the best information they had at the time. Letting us all stay this extra night is just one example of Disney going above and beyond. The food, entertainment and staff have been amazing. The characters were all over the ship today and tonight and they managed to put on a great day of entertainment with no notice and constantly changing info. Even with the ship at less than half full there has been zero reduction in service or entertainment. My in laws were on the ship with us and left today, they were able to stay in their rooms right up until disembarkation.

DCL managed to get the whole ship unloaded and us back on in about 3 hours time, going through the terminal went really well though we did have to wait about an hour to reboard. By the time we got back on dinner was ready and the aqua duck was up and running. The port authorities are only allowing ships to sail in the daylight so both carnival ships are here for the night. It's a surreal sight and I got some great shots of the ships and the terminal lit up at night. What a great experience to be on such an empty ship. A cruise to remember.

Every single company I have had to interact with through this experience has been wonderful. Shout outs to DCL, DVC, southwest and Alamo. Sad we have to get off the ship tomorrow. Time for me to turn in, it will be an early morning.

Thats great to hear that disney stepped up to the plate and their service is amazing as always! Go disney!
The port authority did allow the 2 carnival ships to leave, step outside and admire that you are the only ship in port!

So glad everyone made it back safe and there seems to be minimal damage. I was super bummed about missing our cruise, but I found this board and have learned so much these past few days. I can't wait to rebook and get out there.

:welcome: to the DIS! Hope the rebooked cruise will be fantastic and make up for all the hassle you had!

They were still there as of 11 last night and at least one was still there this morning. Just couldn't see the other due to the angle when we got off.

7:20AM on Sunday and the Dream (at least I think it was the Dream) just left. I'm assuming it's headed for Castaway Cay to help with clean-up and will be back for tomorrow's cruise.

7:20AM on Sunday and the Dream (at least I think it was the Dream) just left. I'm assuming it's headed for Castaway Cay to help with clean-up and will be back for tomorrow's cruise.

the disney dream is still there, just not at the disney terminal....it's now docked near jetty park....

thd disney fantasy is approaching PC now...

and it's a different carnival ship there now...the carnival magic and valor left a short while ago..
the carnival victory is there now..

Last edited:
It sounded like they did standard horn blasts in lieu of When You Wish Upon A Star or the other songs.

right before the standard horn blast, just as they were passing the docked disney dream, it sounded as if they played one of the other songs, but it was hard to hear as they were out of range there...right by jetty park...maybe it was the dream, or maybe i was imagining it..

It would be nice if the camera would swing around. (Miami's is stuck in boring position also - I was trying to watch the Adonia come in earlier)

It would be nice if the camera would swing around. (Miami's is stuck in boring position also - I was trying to watch the Adonia come in earlier)

i wish it would move too...
i guess as it's early on a sunday morning, there's no one there to swing it around.....oh well...

Welcome home Disney Fantasy!
We miss you!
Welcome home captain, crew, and passengers!

Watched the dream pull out this morning and move to make room for the fantasy. Guess the dream is staying in port for tomorrow's cruise. We leave on October 17th.

It was certainly on a timed rotation during the storm. The rotation was too regular and steady to be the wind.

but yesterday, when the dream came in, there was someone operating it...but that was in the afternoon...
this is too early on a sunday for humans i guess.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter