So Done with Disney- a tip to newbies

Really amazed at the number of people who go without any planning at all.

Now I must admit that the 1st trip we took we weren't experts or anything. :rotfl: I did know enough that I went to the Disney Store well in advance and purchased the Unofficial Guide so we knew all about parking, meals, fast passes, etc. Knew there were 4 parks, what order we wanted to do them in, etc. We also purchased our tickets in advance at the Disney Store so that was the biggest expense out of the way up front. We had a great time! But it also started my Disney addiction. We had gone with the intent to take DS who was 5, almost 6 while he was small enough for it to be magical - didn't figure DD would remember much, she was 1. Then we would go back when she was about 5 or 6 and that would be that. :rotfl: Didn't realize it would be magical for all of us.....we've been back every year and looking forward to many more.

After that first trip I came home and decided I had to figure out when we could go again and then I found the DIS . . . . :love: life has never been the same.

I can say that there are so many who just go though.....thinking it's just like driving to Six Flags Over Georgia for the day. Have some friends there right now who had asked for info months ago and for tips, planning advice, etc. I sent her everything I had. Went on facebook Saturday and she had posted on my wall that they were in Orlando and needed to know which park should they go to, where should they eat, best place to purchase tickets. :scared:
So even though I'd sent them all this info in advance, they went with no idea the cost, a plan, etc. She posted yesterday that she thought they would just go try the Disney water park.......I told her there were two :rotfl:

Hey there Mickey's Apprentice!

Just a few things :-)

First of all, I'm not a "She" :-) Women are fantastic, but I'm not one of them. I'm a guy. I know I'm a nurse, but let's not try to make gender biased judgements, oK? Surely you didn't see "nurse: and assume I was female, right? :goodvibes

Secondly, as previously noted, I wasn't really "complaining" as much as I was trying to point out that people seem to have a ridiculous sense of self entitlement--I'm SOOOO glad you got that, thanks! :thumbsup2

Being a nurse, here are my thoughts:

If you can walk, then freaking walk.
If you can't, then there is no need to be so defensive.

Just sayin'. Much love! :love:

Hope all is well down your way!

My brother is a nurse. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I am cracking up at "Pluto hit my kid/" :rotfl2: Also, the idea that someone would make their own towel animals because they never received one is simultaneously hysterical and sad. :rotfl:

My grandma is a complainer and I remember being so embarrassed by her. Sadly as I get older I find myself in the complainer spot and then it hits me, or someone yells at me and says I'm being just like grandma Carol :scared:

I am working on it!

Love the thread by the way!:love:

Really amazed at the number of people who go without any planning at all.

Sometimes I'm amazed by the number of people who're amazed by it. ;) I'm a planner, myself, but I suspect most travelers aren't. I've read dozens of reviews of resorts in the middle of nowhere complaining about the fact that the resort is in the middle of nowhere. :rolleyes: People going to Disney who haven't planned have a better grasp of reality than all those guys (although I'm sure the two groups overlap).

And there are plenty of people who go to one of the Disney parks with no planning their first time and have a terrific time. What little they do is fun, and they don't know what they're missing. :rotfl:

Planning a WDW stay is my crack...It's really bad. It takes some serious will power to step away from my computer, disney books, the dis. So, when I come across someone not planning I wanna smack them. And plan their vacation:rotfl:

We need to start a new forum called "Disney Complaint Dept." In the forum will be threads where you can post your specific complaints. I have added some to OP's List, which was hilarious.

Sample threads will include:
Catching Up to Family is Not Line-Cutting, Is It?
Re-Using 2010 Mugs - Everybody Does It
Long Wait for the Bus - At Least 2-3 Hours!
People at Next Table Didn't Return Their Tray
I Was Rude to CM, But They Deserved It
My Kid is 5 But He Passes for 2-3/4
My Parade Viewing Spot Was Stolen
Designated Smoking Areas Make Me Sick
I Didn't Get a Towel Animal
How To Beat Parking Fees
I Stepped In Front of a Scooter and They Had the Nerve to Run Over My Foot
I Refuse to Move All the Way to the End of the Row
I Know Darn Well Their FP Expired Hours Ago
Adults Shouldn't Get in Line for Character Photos
My Kid Had to Go, and There Was No Bathroom Around, So He Went in the Bushes
I had a Disney Complaint, and They Didn't Give Me Enough Free Stuff
If I'm Traveling Solo, But Registering Spouse, Why Can't I Use 2 People's Free Dining Credits?
Somebody Complained Because I was Walking Around and Eating a Turkey Leg at the Same Time

:littleangel:

Add those to OP and I'm ROFL!!!:rotfl:

...Would you buy a car you had not taken on a test drive?...

actually, i have, on more than one occasion. we lease our cars and i check out all makes and models at the annual auto show. then when it is time to get a new car, i negotiate online and go in to pick it up. never been dissapointed but then again we're talking avg cars, camry/accord type vehicles. i suppose if i were shopping for a sports, luxury, exotic or collectible then by all means i would insist on a spin.

Planning a WDW stay is my crack...It's really bad. It takes some serious will power to step away from my computer, disney books, the dis. So, when I come across someone not planning I wanna smack them. And plan their vacation:rotfl:

Are we the same person?:lmao: I think I might do more harm than good when someone asks me for info bc I probably overwhelm them with info. I remember in 2009 we went on our first trip and took my Dh,mom, aunt, uncle and their 4 boys. They all made fun of me for planning so much until we got there. Then they were all singing my praises the rest of the trip bc we got to do so much with little waits, everyone knew were everyone was supposed to be at what time, etc.

Before our trip, my mom made the comment one day as we were leaving Kings Island (our local amusement park), "oh well if I need something at Disney I will just run into Walmart or the grocery store next to it" comparing it to what we have here. I always try to tell people...WDW is twice as big as Manhattan...you need to plan bc it is huge and requires some sort of strategy.

Are we the same person?:lmao: I think I might do more harm than good when someone asks me for info bc I probably overwhelm them with info. I remember in 2009 we went on our first trip and took my Dh,mom, aunt, uncle and their 4 boys. They all made fun of me for planning so much until we got there. Then they were all singing my praises the rest of the trip bc we got to do so much with little waits, everyone knew were everyone was supposed to be at what time, etc.

Before our trip, my mom made the comment one day as we were leaving Kings Island (our local amusement park), "oh well if I need something at Disney I will just run into Walmart or the grocery store next to it" comparing it to what we have here. I always try to tell people...WDW is twice as big as Manhattan...you need to plan bc it is huge and requires some sort of strategy.

YES! You need a strategy! There is just so much to do and see, and fun and memories an an an....yeah!I love it.

I'd never say, "I so sick"

You missed the verb...am..are, etc; I used proper grammar in my original post, please feel free to do the same!

Conjugate the verb as you wish, but please be so kind as to use one; if you intend to misquote me please do so with proper grammar, and not portray me as an illiterate southerner :)

love and hugs :hippie:

You really know how to get under people's skin don't you. You shouldn't generalize people of the north into one category as I wouldn't general you as being a redneck southerner.;)

BarleyJack, your grammar was way off in just about all of your posts, so you can put your red pen down now.

Let me ask you something. Why did you bring up New York's recent vote? What does gay marriage have to do with Disney complainers?
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter