So Done with Disney- a tip to newbies

Very well put!!! People really complain about the silliest things sometimes!I absolutely hate when people have that"air of entitlement"about themselves-they are no better than the rest of us!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

So happy you put up this post. ITA :thumbsup2

I have never even paid attention to line cutters, or parade spot usurpers (is that a word :confused3) and the only time I see scooter riders is when I'm waiting in line for the bus. None of that ever bothers me and usually when I see the complaints on the board I wonder "what's the big deal?"

I don't notice pool hoppers or mug muggers. Maybe I don't pay attention to people enough. I'm too interested in having my own fun to give the mean eye to people for stealing a couple of cents worth of Disney soda. I'm not the Disney police (and from some of the complaints I've read here, they don't enforce rules as sternly as others think they should anyway).

Another thing, I don't see nearly enough "people of color" at Disney when I'm there. :rolleyes1

:lmao: Love it... my favorite

some guy air painted "jesus loves you" over the MK

We were with our best friends and have a terrific picture of the four of us in front of the castle with Jesu.......... in the sky. Maybe we should have waited for the entire sentence????? :rotfl: Makes the picture more interesting.
I'm not exceptionally religious(I believe in a higher power but don't go with any particular religion) but the skywriter really doesn't bother me. I figure, we're in the south, lot of evangelicals there.

And hey, if it really bugs ya, just think of it as "Jesus" is a Hispanic guy- (pronounce it as hey-zeus). :rotfl2:;)

I worked with a surgeon whose first name was Jesus- the joke was "what, do you think you're God?"

:rotfl: LOVE IT!!!

My sister-in-laws sister in law is always talking about how much she hates Disney. Her family went 5 yrs ago over Spring Break/Easter with literally ZERO planning whatsover and came back complaining about everything and most of it was so ridiculous that a little planning would have completely fixed. Whenever I'm around her and she starts ranting I just secretly roll my eyes and tune her out.

:lmao: Love it... my favorite

some guy air painted "jesus loves you" over the MK

We were with our best friends and have a terrific picture of the four of us in front of the castle with Jesu.......... in the sky. Maybe we should have waited for the entire sentence????? :rotfl: Makes the picture more interesting.

LOL!! On our first trip, we saw this, just as the guy (gal?) was starting. DD (Jessi) had just turned 3 and for the first 3 letters she was CONVINCED they were spelling her name, LOL!! So cute!

5th, you will NOT get dirty looks if you use your refillable mug somewhere else, and you will not get kicked out of the pool area if you dont stay there. its impossible for security to know you dont belong. BOY i could go on and on and on and on about how ridiculous people are. but i wont. but if you really want me to just say so.:laughing:

I'm sure you're right about the mugs...but it does depend on the pool. At the Poly, they have begun checking room cards and issuing wristbands. Someone posted on the Poly thread today that they saw a group asked to leave.

To the OP - LOVE the post!!

Love this thread.
I'm taking my first trip in January and I've been planning for weeks already.
I want to know as much as possible about everything, especially since my DD uses a wheelchair and that will affect our visit. We're going to be so happy to be there that, except for a hurricane, I don't think much of anything could ruin our trip. It is annoying, though, to have people cut around the wheelchair, then get hit by it and act like it's my DD's fault - when they're the ones who weren't watching where they were going. She plans on just running over people who get in her way.

It is this type of statement that really infuriates me. You are encouraging people to resent people who use scooters. There is no way to tell if a person needs a scooter from looking at them! Isn't it best to just assume that people who spend money renting or owning scooters actually need them?:confused3

I think you are missing the point. This isn't about people that need scooters, it's about the ones that don't. We got a scooter for my MIL because of a bad knee and then my FIL found using one really made it better for him. Both of them were 70 and one can understand how hard it is on them walking so much. Please...if you need one get it. :worship:

It is this type of statement that really infuriates me. You are encouraging people to resent people who use scooters. There is no way to tell if a person needs a scooter from looking at them! Isn't it best to just assume that people who spend money renting or owning scooters actually need them?:confused3

We have been to Disney five times and I have witnessed many situations that makes me say that a different approach needs to be taken to this handicap issue.......first, if someone needs a wheelchair and/or scooter, fine, I have no problem with that, but why should that give them a front of the line pass at rides and buses? This is what I think.....they should get in the handicap line. Their families should get in the regular line with everyone else. When their family reaches the front of the line, then they can board that same bus. You may think that sounds harsh, but think about it....everyone is tired and everyone just wants to get back to their room. At least the guy in the wheelchair has a seat to sit in while he waits. Besides, you can't just assume EVERY person who is willing to spend that money really needs it. We were leaving AK just a few weeks ago when a family entered the line pushing a wheelchair. There was a boy about nine years old sitting in it. For some reason we waited longer than usually for a bus that day and after a few minutes he became restless and finally stood up and started swinging on the railing. One of the women said, "Sit down!" He said I don't want to you sit in it. She grabbed him by the arm and forced him down. Of course when the bus arrived their entire group of about ten got to get on first before all the rest of us who had been waiting longer. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter