So, I had a thought...imagine if when you booked an ADR

If - and I do mean a very large if - Disney accurately published everything at 180 days and allowed fast passes then - I might be okay with some form of limits. But that isn't going to happen.

Here is one situation that I am currently dealing with over a dining reservation:

We will be in the MK on New Year's Eve. We want to do a dessert show for the fireworks. At 180 days, none were released. A few days (maybe a week or so later), they were released. There are two times for fireworks and for dessert parties that night. One around 5, and one around 11. So - I should just pick the one that I want. Right? Well.... When the reservations were released, there was no information as to which fireworks show would be performed at each time. In the weeks since then a few modifications to their schedule have occurred. First, both shows appeared as Happily Ever After. Some time after that, the later show switched to Fantasy in the Sky, and the earlier show remained Happily Ever After. Then the earlier time was then listed as doing both shows - Happily Ever After and Fantasy in the Sky. Now it has switched again. Both shows are Fantasy in the Sky. Supposedly.

So, if I had only booked one (and I booked both and apologize to no one about it), I would not have known which show I would see (and I still don't know). If I waited for Disney to actually communicate accurately information that they certainly know, all of the shows would be booked, so I would not get either. My plan now is to wait until it gets closer and see if it stabilizes anywhere. Which still is not a guarantee that the show that I want to see and am paying a premium for will be the one that I see. Now, at almost $100 per person, I expect better information. Until then, I am covering my bet.

It is a mess of their own creation.

Last edited:
If - and I do mean a very large if - Disney accurately published everything at 180 days and allowed fast passes then - I might be okay with some form of limits. But that isn't going to happen.

Here is one situation that I am currently dealing with over a dining reservation:

We will be in the MK on New Year's Eve. We want to do a dessert show for the fireworks. At 180 days, none were released. A few days (maybe a week or so later), they were released. There are two times for fireworks and for dessert parties that night. One around 5, and one around 11. So - I should just pick the one that I want. Right? Well.... When the reservations were released, there was no information as to which fireworks show would be performed at each time. In the weeks since then a few modifications to their schedule have occurred. First, both shows appeared as Happily Ever After. Some time after that, the later show switched to Fantasy in the Sky, and the earlier show remained Happily Ever After. Then the earlier time was then listed as doing both shows - Happily Ever After and Fantasy in the Sky. Now it has switched again. Both shows are Fantasy in the Sky. Supposedly.

So, if I had only booked one (and I booked both and apologize to no one about it), I would not have known which show I would see (and I still don't know). If I waited for Disney to actually communicate accurately information that they certainly know, all of the shows would be booked, so I would not get either. My plan now is to wait until it gets closer and see if it stabilizes anywhere. Which still is not a guarantee that the show that I want to see and am paying a premium for will be the one that I see. Now, at almost $100 per person, I expect better information. Until then, I am covering my bet.

It is a mess of their own creation.

If you don't look out for yourself-no one else will.
I believe your preparations are fine & dandy -but as you say; ought not to be necessary.
I hope you have a wonderful NYE.

Oh my!

A pirates life will be your small world tune :rainbow:
From your post to Disney World's ear: I'm now on hold with DW(again) and and they are playing...are you ready?! "It's a Small World"?!
You have extra magical pixie dust to spare .....:badpc::tongue:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter