So i just got pulled over...[Update: Post 58]

Albort

ODV Crew
by 4 cop cars blocking all 4 lanes behind me and 2 cop cars blocking ahead of me. Also have an helicopter hovering above looking down with its spotlight... had 2 rifles and 4 pistols pointed at me. Treated me like a convict!!! Had me get on the ground(kneeing) and handcuffed me.

Probably the scariest thing ive ever experiences with the cops.

Anyone else gone through this before? I was cool about it. Its funny how their attitude changes from getting you out of the car to when u talk to them face to face...

Clearly this wasn't a normal traffic stop, what was going on? Since you're posting on the DIS I'm guessing you weren't the guy they were looking for, did you get the inside scoop? I'm sorry that happened to you and glad you're ok. I would have been terrified.
I've never had the police point guns at me but two ex-cons held double barreled shotguns on me during a robbery once. That was incredibly scary.

What a way to start the day! Glad we won't see you on the national news tonight though. :thumbsup2

Hopefully they caught the real suspect, seems they must have done somethig not so nice.

Nowhere near that extreme, but I was pulled over by two cops once as I must have somewhat matched the description of someone they were looking for. I could easily explain where I had just been and they sent me on my way. No handcuffs, rifles or helicopters though. Didn't even have to get out of the car.

by 4 cop cars blocking all 4 lanes behind me and 2 cop cars blocking ahead of me. Also have an helicopter hovering above looking down with its spotlight... had 2 rifles and 4 pistols pointed at me. Treated me like a convict!!! Had me get on the ground(kneeing) and handcuffed me.

Anyone else gone through this before? I was cool about it. Its funny how their attitude changes from getting you out of the car to when u talk to them face to face...

Posting from jail?

Not exactly the same situation, but Border Patrol had set up a roadblock in a desolate stretch of 89 between Burlington VT and the Canadian Border a few years ago I got caught in. It was super awkward. We didn't have to get get out or anything but they visually inspected in the windows, us, etc as well as our ids.

When this happens im assuming a dangerous criminal has escaped or is on the loose and they're trying to catch them as quickly as possibly. Does this mean this was the right way to go about it? No. But they did it because it seemed like the best idea at the time.

I am sorry you got stuck in the middle of it, i would've been terrified.

I was going to make a joke about Arizona's law having gone into effect, but I'll pass. It's too easy.

That sounds like something out of a movie. I would have freaked out!! My guess is they were looking for a very dangerous criminal, and they thought you were that person. You have got to tell us the rest of the story. :rotfl2:

Then again looking at your tag, maybe your time is up!:lmao:

A felony stop. Someone driving a vehicle matching your vehicle's description must have just done something really bad.

Not exactly the same situation, but Border Patrol had set up a roadblock in a desolate stretch of 89 between Burlington VT and the Canadian Border a few years ago I got caught in. It was super awkward. We didn't have to get get out or anything but they visually inspected in the windows, us, etc as well as our ids.

When this happens im assuming a dangerous criminal has escaped or is on the loose and they're trying to catch them as quickly as possibly. Does this mean this was the right way to go about it? No. But they did it because it seemed like the best idea at the time.

I am sorry you got stuck in the middle of it, i would've been terrified.

Having spent most of my life living in the area between Burlington and the Canadian border and using I-89 everyday for nearly 40 years, I can assure you that this is not a common happening there. There was more than likely, since the Border Patrol was involved, that they had some reason to be looking for possible "bad guys" that had come across the border and you were in a verifiable Road Block. I don't understand how that can be embarrassing. It hasn't quite reached the proportion of a police state, yet!

The chances are that your vehicle matched or resembled a vehicle they were looking for, if they were randomly stopping cars. If you weren't even asked to get out of your car...then you were immediately recognized as free to go. Nothing even remotely scary about that.

Having spent most of my life living in the area between Burlington and the Canadian border and using I-89 everyday for nearly 40 years, I can assure you that this is not a common happening there. There was more than likely a crime that had recently happened and they were in a verifiable Road Block. I don't understand how that can be embarrassing or even how you never were in one before, especially from Mass.

The chances are that your vehicle matched or resembled a vehicle they were looking for, if they were randomly stopping cars. If you weren't even asked to get out of your car...then you were immediately recognized as free to go. Nothing even remotely scary about that.

Never said embarrassing, just said it was awkward. And they were stopping every car around us, not just me and my friend. I've been stopped before in MA, just never like this

I went to school up there. I miss it, it was pretty :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter