So this is Love: Disneymoon pre-Trippie April 2008: Updated 2/9/08

I know it's no super wow...but maybe you'll like it:confused3

MagicalHoneymoon.jpg

I love it! I am going to find a way to put it on our t shirts!!!!!!! You are so amazing. How did you do it? I am such a goof. I only know how to use paint. Photo Shop is way hard. I tried to get over to the Crafting part of the borad and dear me... those people are talented.

Thank you!!!!

Hi!

I'm glad I found your pre-trip report. I'm also going on a Disneymoon (well, in my case it's more like a Orlandomoon ;) ) in april.

We're getting married on april 22 and will leave for Orlando on april 26. Besides Disney we're also planning on visiting Universal, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove and hopefully Aquatica. We're there for 12 whole days.

I'm really looking forward to this trip and by reading your pre-trippie I'm really getting anxious to go! Keep up the good work. I'll probably start my own pre-trippie somewhere in december or january.

Yay another April Wedding. Yeah this trip we are only staying on property as we dont want to rent a car or deal with the taxi/system. Hopefully after I turn 25 I will be able to rent a car and not have to pay the awful extra fees that make me think that turning 21 is not all its cut out to be... sigh another birthday countdown. You will have to make pre-trippie and then a TP so that I can pretend I went to all those places. Gald to see you on board.

Sorry folks for not updating... the move went well and my apartment is so much bigger. Currently I am at my parents house. Tomorrow us the PArent and future in law meeting. I hope all goes well. We are going to eat at a Mexican restaurant.

Last Friday we met with our planner. :cool1: Df likes her. We went to Olive Garden... YUMMO. My Planner paid for us. Yikes... I owe her one. She made us answer a few questions and stuff.

Okay I have to go DF is sitting here with me and is getting impatient. he does not like to be ignored. I will post again soo.

I owe you: pics from the labor day weekend vacation, and updates from the wedding meeting. TTYL

Sorry folks for not updating... the move went well and my apartment is so much bigger. Currently I am at my parents house. Tomorrow us the PArent and future in law meeting. I hope all goes well. We are going to eat at a Mexican restaurant.

Last Friday we met with our planner. :cool1: Df likes her. We went to Olive Garden... YUMMO. My Planner paid for us. Yikes... I owe her one. She made us answer a few questions and stuff.

Okay I have to go DF is sitting here with me and is getting impatient. he does not like to be ignored. I will post again soo.

I owe you: pics from the labor day weekend vacation, and updates from the wedding meeting. TTYL

glad to hear you are in your appartment and the move went well. I hope your parents meeting (your parents and DF's parents) goes well! :thumbsup2 I know that can be nerve racking.

I'm jealous you got to go to the OG (Olive Garden) :goodvibes That's my most favoritist resturant! :love:

can't wait to see the pictures!

I love it! I am going to find a way to put it on our t shirts!!!!!!! You are so amazing. How did you do it? I am such a goof. I only know how to use paint. Photo Shop is way hard. I tried to get over to the Crafting part of the borad and dear me... those people are talented.

Thank you!!!!

YAY!!! :yay: :cheer2: Now I'm inspired...since I don't have a trip soon I'm gonna do designs for your trip. You don't have to use them just tell me if you like them. Don't expect much, I'm not that talented :sad2: but I'll try...

I hope the meeting with the parents goes well!

Can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories about you weekend away.

hey ya'll a quick post to let you all know I am alive and well... I get too busy here at my parents.

alltvseries: O my goodness.... WOW... I am so happy! One way or another I will use your designs... hmmm I am already thinking about t-shirts, mugs, itineraries, binder cover... you are a doll. :hug: You are way talented! :thumbsup2

Okay here goes again IOU: Pics from Labor Day. Meeting with parents and future in laws and pics of why I am so busy... hint hint: her name is Baby Luna and she was born Aug 1, has 4 legs and goes neigh... that is it for now necause typing in the dark is hard for us two finger peckers...:surfweb:

Hey Guys,

I have to apologize for not updating sooner. I went back home for two weeks and was so busywith wedding stuff and family affairs that I had no time to post. When I got back, school had started and boy, is it a difficult quarter. I have to place my priorities straight. My DF wants me to finish strong. I am however still going to post at least once a week.

On the good side, I have a lot of good stuff for you guys! I will post tomorrow once i get the pics uploaded.

I will however provide for you guys an updated itinerary for the Honeymoon... I also have made my ADRs. Let me tell you about that...

I live in WA we are three hours behind Florida. I thought for some reason that the Dining lines opened at 6am. I stayed up until 2:59am and when I call... they don't open until 7am/ :scared1: I now have to be up at 7 am WA time to get to school. I turn off the light and get a few seconds of sleep. I wake up at 4:35am... O No the lines are going to be busy and I am never going to get my ADRs... I finally make it through at 5am WA time.

My first ADR...CRT:cool1: for a romantic dinner for two!

My next ADR... Hoop Dee Doo Review!!!!

I then finished off with Le Chef de France, Coral Reef and Ohana's!

I also made FDP for Mama Melrose... DF likes Italian and I was not so crazy about the other two. I have heard mixed reviews but we are not picky eaters.

I do have to mention that at first the CM was a bit harsh. I was cheery and happy (it was my 180 day mark!)

I said, "i would like to make reservations for CRT"
He said, "No..." pause:mad: i got a bit mad at the remark
I then made a noise and then he said "O wait when are you checking in..."

You would think he would have asked that first before trying to make a very sleep deprived Disney Bride upset...

I said "April 7"

He said "O Okay..."

We went through the spiel. I did not feel that he deserved to knwo it was my hoenymoon until the end. I will call at another time and have them add that note later. He would not have appreciated it. I did mention that I made the Chef de France as a way to end our honeymoon in a good way. :cloud9:

As we were saying good bye, he said, "I hope you have a good life." He said it weird, but I did not think anything of it.

I said, "O Okay thank you."

He then in a hurry added, "I meant that in a good have a good life. I mean you are going to be on your honeymoon and starting a chapter in your life... " and so on... he may have thought he had offended me...

I then let him know that I had not thought anything bad of his comment and in fact appreciated all the pleasant experiences I have had with Walt Disneyworld...

After hangin up, I looked back on the conversation and realized he probably did not have a good day. I did not do anything wrong (that I was aware of). I even kept my ADRs to a minimum. O well. I have my ADRs!!!!

Day 0: Leave WA... a married woman:bride: !

Day 1: Arrival in FL Check in... Ohanas at 8pm! I wanted to watch Wishes from here. We are going to arrive early enough to ask for a window seat and let them know we are willing to wait. While we wait... explore the Poly... Watch wishes and then somehow go back to the POP... maybe catch a bus or the monorail back to Magic Kingdom or just call a Taxi and pray for the best.

Day 2: We had said EP then MK and know... Animal Kingdom! :woohoo: We are going to be there nice and early.

Day 3: Epcot (Coral Reef)

Day 4: Typhoon Lagoon and HDDR at 7pm

Day 5: Disney Studios!!!

Dy 6:Animal Kingdom

Day 7: Disney Studios!!! FDP

Day 8: EP

Day 9: MK CRT Dinner!!!

Day 10: Blizzard Beach and the Pirate Princess Party

Day 11: Epcot Dinner Chef de France

Day 12: Check Out

I am glad that I have these days figured out. I like the variety and the fact that we get three days at Epcot and 2 and a half at MK.

On the wedding news... I have found the patterns to my dress. The patterns were usually 20 dollars each... JoAnns had a sale and I got them for 2 bucks each!. My grandma said she would be able to mix the two designs. I will mix and create my dream dress. Okay I am super tired and I have a staff retreat tomorrow. Then I volunteer...

Alltvseries: I showed my DF the Designs, he loved the donald and daisy silhouttes with the castle in the background. Thank you so much!

Hey there, it's been a while!

That is too bad that you got mr. grumpy CM when making your ADR's. He does sounds a bit weird. Perhaps you are right and he was just having an off day.

I hope that school is going well for you. Try not to work yourself too hard!

yay, you're still here!! :goodvibes thats awesome that you made your ADR's. sounds like you've got some great ones.

and :cool1: on the pattern sale. I love it when joanne's has sales like that. I can't wait to start seeing pictures of the dress in the works.

i also can't wait to see the pictures you said you will be posting soon. I've missed hearing about your wedding plans girl.

hope you have a great weekend :hug:

Hey Guys
As promised I am updating. I know I have not been attentive to the thread but I am still around. I hate to say that at times I feel like a lurker on my own thread.

Okay I have no idea where my pics from Labor Day are stored on my computer. So I don’t know when I will get them up, but to give you your fix for wedding planning stuff I have pics from the venues.

Let me tell you the background behind the church…
My church is a lovely and intimate church and I love it do death, but with the amount of people we are inviting, our small church would be way too crowded. I asked DF where would we get married and said he has always dreamed of getting married at our sister church. I was not thrilled. I had seen the church from the outside and well… not exactly what I had wanted, but he just ask me to trust him.
We made an appointment to see the church and fill out the paperwork. I was scared to be honest. I had no other alternative. The morning of the appointment I felt sick. Not a little sick but a lot sick. (This will plague me for about 1 week. It turned out to be I had a throat infection. My throat was super swollen and I could not swallow anything…I had to take a hard dosage of pain killers and antibiotics) we went into the office and met with the pastor. He was super nice. We ran some dates by him and decided on March 29th. I then asked to peek into the sanctuary. DF held my hand as we walked into the lobby. The doors opened and I saw… the church I knew I could get married in! The church was long and had tall ceilings. The colors were cool and I could see many possibilities to decorate the church.

Score one for DF! (he actually had a family friend get married here and had so much fun at the wedding that he wants to do everything like that one… including the garter toss… I am super blushing now!)
Here are the pictures from when I took my mother to visit the Church…
Okay before the pics… more background story:
My family is Catholic and I love them to death. I was scared how she would take it when we were getting married at a Baptist Church. She took it pretty well! The only hic up was when it came down to asking about the ceremony. A Catholic Wedding is structured the same as a Catholic mass. Our wedding is going to be about 30 minutes. She was super surprised at that. My dad was excited… my parents got married at an Old Catholic Cathedral in Peru. The wedding was planned by my grandma and she invited everyone. The Church was packed. There were people standing on the sides and tourists/locals that came in off the streets to see what the big deal was. There were rumors that royalty was getting married… royalty not quite but my family is well known in Peru. The reception was at my grandma’s house and was by invitation only. The house was packed. Their reception line took forever… my dad said his cheeks hurt a lot.
We are also having a reception line after the ceremony and we are going to have it at the front of the sanctuary. That may change…
After deciding the date, I called my mother and she asked me if we could move it to the following weekend… she and her coworkers work every other weekend. She could get it off but not her friends. These ladies are like sisters and have been super nice to me so I accommodated and well within 24 hours we had our first change… the wedding was now April 5th 2008. It is okay I like this date better. April is a pretty month. Okay now to the pictures… no more side stories for now.
IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

Okay not the best pics. They don’t do it justice.
Okay well now that I have a date and a Church… I need a reception venue.
First stop I need to know what is the most expensive place so that I know what to compare it to…
The hotel ballrooms… o my goodness.. Let me say that it was way expensive!
Next stop.. The phone book. I could not find anything that caught my eyes. Most locations in Wenatchee are outside places… I need it indoors.
My mom then suggested… the Community Center in Cashmere… I called… the price is good… the date was available… I drove by to see it and O my gosh… I loved it!
The center was lovely and we could use both inside and outside. The man in charge was also a caterer and is willing to give us a good deal on food.
Score one for the Bride!
Here are the pics…
IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

The outside looks like a lodge of sorts and it is really big.
The girl’s bathroom was also very pretty!
Okay so these were all taken in September. I am now going to show you why I was not online as much as I wanted to .
Meet Luna!
IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

This little lady is a big brat… while we rode horse she would just run around and try to get in our way, but she had to learn to not do that. When she got in our way, we rode faster and made scary noises and she would be like… “O… I better move so that I don’t get runner over.”
She was a gem. She would move her cute butt to us because she wanted us to pet her. When you rub her neck or the top of her hind she moves her head up and down as if she was saying “O yes that’s the spot, keep rubbing, if you stop I will kick you… hard”
The last weekend before I came back to Seattle we went to a cross country event. We had a friend of ours jumping Training level. So all the wooden things we are sitting on are things horses jump. I went with my mom, sister, Kaylie, and Kylie (She just had a baby and was spending the weekend as a small vacation) Kaylie is our neighbor and is friends with my younger brother. Anyway on to the pics:
IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

Pics of horsey jumping…
IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

On some wedding news:

I have the patterns to my dress. I like both so much my grandma is going to mix them. I like the criss cross of the one dress and the skirt and neckline of the other. We are going to make it a two piece corset top and I don’t think I want the long sleeves. Anyway let me know what you think.
B4453.jpg

B4452.jpg

Moving on with wedding news:
My bridesmaids all got their dresses!
We went to Davids Bridal and I had said I wanted it in apple red or pink. I would have loved them to buy short dresses so that they could where it again but somehow they all bought long dresses… Here is what they bought. (The furthest one on the left is going to be in Ballet pink. The color is discontinued but the dress was on clearance and who am I to complain about clearance! The junior bridesmaid is in their for color contrast. I needed to see pink with the red. My one pink BM was scarred she would be the only one in pink and I said no… my flower girls would be in pink. Not to worry. Anyway here they are… My sister is the farthest one on the right… her dress has a little bit of bling on the side and then she also got pointed flats that have more bling. She has big feet so it is difficult to shop for shoes for her… I am glad we got that out of the way.

Weddingparty.jpg

Besides that ladies nothing else to add. I hope this will not be the last time in a long time to update. Coming soon: I have to choose my invitations and finalize my cousin to be my DJ

So this is a quick update. I reserved the first night suite and the suite for my girls and for the thursday and friday! :cool1:

DF has made his half of the honeymoon payment, so we discussed it and we are going to pay off the WDW resort part of the trip... we are also going to get the insurance in case we have a family emergency... we nothing happen.

Ii called my sister this morning to see how she did on her midterm and I caught her with my other BM. I heard her tell the others to keep it down or I would hear them. Hmmmm, they are planning my shower! I am excited... the date is Nov 30th and I will take lots of pics and post them. i ahve a great group of friends.

Okay I have got to go. I am in class.

Okay because I have nothing better to do (or that I want to).

I am giving you guys breakdowns of all my days... so I will give you the first two days.

Day 0: Monday, April 7th 2008: Airport /POP /DTD/Ohana

Vacation Arrival Info / Transportation Plans:

Arriving to MCO: 10 am
Arrive WDW: 12p – 1pm
Check In: If room is not ready, we will drop off our carry on to be delivered later. We will be travelling with my small Jansport Park bag with wallets and stuff.

Dining:
Quick BF: Airport/POP
Lunch/Snack - Snack at DTD… ice cream!
Dinner – Ohana 8pm
Event or Activity - DTD, Quick browse through Disney Quest!
Entertainment – Wishes from Ohana’s or the beach 10 pm
Comments: I am somewhat worried about transportation…
Poly bus to Epcot bus to POP?
Or should I just get a taxi… about 15 – 20 dollars.

Day 1: Tuesday, April 8th 2008: AK/ Break in park/ AK

Park Hours: 8am -5pm (Short Day)

This will be an early morning. I hope that we would be in bed by midnight so we could get some sleep… I would love to be there at opening but I am traveling with a not-morning person.

Dining:
Quick BF: Room Goods
Lunch/Snack - Pizzafari…
Dinner - POP

Event or Activity -
Entertainment – The AK Parade
Comments: I will ride EE… I will ride EE… I will ride EE…

I am not allowed to plan the in park things. DF really wants to handle what rides to ride and stuff like that.

Sigh... I cant wait anymore for this trip!

Okay because I have nothing better to do (or that I want to).

I am giving you guys breakdowns of all my days... so I will give you the first two days.

Day 0: Monday, April 7th 2008: Airport /POP /DTD/Ohana

Vacation Arrival Info / Transportation Plans:

Arriving to MCO: 10 am
Arrive WDW: 12p – 1pm
Check In: If room is not ready, we will drop off our carry on to be delivered later. We will be travelling with my small Jansport Park bag with wallets and stuff.

Dining:
Quick BF: Airport/POP
Lunch/Snack - Snack at DTD… ice cream!
Dinner – Ohana 8pm
Event or Activity - DTD, Quick browse through Disney Quest!
Entertainment – Wishes from Ohana’s or the beach 10 pm

Day 1: Tuesday, April 8th 2008: AK/ Break in park/ AK

Park Hours: 8am -5pm (Short Day)

This will be an early morning. I hope that we would be in bed by midnight so we could get some sleep… I would love to be there at opening but I am traveling with a not-morning person.

Dining:
Quick BF: Room Goods
Lunch/Snack - Pizzafari…
Dinner - POP

Event or Activity -
Entertainment – The AK Parade
Comments: I will ride EE… I will ride EE… I will ride EE…

I am not allowed to plan the in park things. DF really wants to handle what rides to ride and stuff like that.

Sigh... I cant wait anymore for this trip!

Hi! All of your plans look great so far! :thumbsup2
I just wanted to give a suggestion for your transportation concern from the Poly to the POP: why not take the monorail to the MK and then jump on the bus from the MK to the POP? It would be quicker than the Epcot thing you were mentioning - and cheaper than the taxi:goodvibes
Hope this helps some!

Wow, your plans are really coming together aren't they! You must be soooo excited :cool1:

I'm assuming you're worried about transport from the Poly back to Pop after Wishes? If so, you might be quicker to take the monorail from the Poly to Magic Kingdom and then catch the bus to Pop from there. I'm not sure whether there is a bus from Poly to Epcot since the Epcot monorail is within walking distance of that hotel?

Anyway, I'm enjoying reading your PJ, keep it coming !!!!

Hi! All of your plans look great so far! :thumbsup2
I just wanted to give a suggestion for your transportation concern from the Poly to the POP: why not take the monorail to the MK and then jump on the bus from the MK to the POP? It would be quicker than the Epcot thing you were mentioning - and cheaper than the taxi:goodvibes
Hope this helps some!

This is great! I was thinking about this but would we have to go inside the park to get off? I am not familiar with the monorail. Does it leave you outside or inside? I have been thinking it is like Disneyland where the monorail drops you off in Tomorrowland. This sounds like fun... it would be our first official WDW ride! :cool1:

Wow, your plans are really coming together aren't they! You must be soooo excited :cool1:

I'm assuming you're worried about transport from the Poly back to Pop after Wishes? If so, you might be quicker to take the monorail from the Poly to Magic Kingdom and then catch the bus to Pop from there. I'm not sure whether there is a bus from Poly to Epcot since the Epcot monorail is within walking distance of that hotel?

Anyway, I'm enjoying reading your PJ, keep it coming !!!!

Wow... Great Disney minds think alike!!! I may do this... I was just scarred where it would drop me off in comparison to the buses. I may be hitting the WDWinfo website as soon I as I send this and check out the maps.

Thanks guys for the help... :hug:

So I have super good news... get ready... I am jumping up and down the news is soooo good...

DF is coming for the three day weekend in two weeks. :woohoo:

I am excited. he is going to come and watch my tour... I give tours for the University of Washington and he promised he would come at least once... he is running out of time as this may be my last quarter being a tour guide. So anyway... yeah. Ok, That is all for now.

Just popping in to check-in. Your plans look great and to answer your monorail question it drops you off outside the park.

Just popping in to check-in. Your plans look great and to answer your monorail question it drops you off outside the park.

Thanks, Lessa! I did visit a map and saw where the two areas are. My other concern was with how late the busses run. I saw though that MK has EMH in the evening so the buses are going to run late into the night. I would like to plan it so that we are missing the mass exodus after wishes ends.

Okay guys how do we get back from HDDR to the Pop? Which Park should I go to to catch a bus to the Pop...?

As this is my first trip to the world, I am trying to keep things simple and avoid to much hopping from park to resort to park. There are many restaurants I want to try... I am saving some for next time. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter