So this is what mid-life crisis feels like? Dec 2011 PTR

Your ADR desires look great. I keep hearing about 1900 Park Faire. I did not know this place even existed. I wonder if I might want to take a serious look at it.

Since I didn't mention it before, you have a beautiful family. I found it neat to look at your kids...it reminds me of my three oldest., spaced just like yours, with the girl being the oldest. It wasn't long ago that we traveled with all three of them. Now they are older.. :sad2:

Thank you for the compliment of my family. They are great and we love to spend time together - while they are young! :lmao: I know the time will come when the kids will have different thoughts about that.

We went to 1900 Park Fare on our 2nd trip - I'd got the thought from another dis'er who said they liked to do that on their first night there - dinner - said it seemed to kick off the trip for them. Cinderella, Prince Charming, Stepmom and stepsisters are the characters.... we really enjoyed it. We were taking two other families with us who had allowed me to plan our trip for all of us (boy that was nerve wrecking :eek:) but I thought that would be a good 'intro' for them and it was great! We are arriving too late in the evening for any ADR's on our first day so I'm saving that for later in the trip - on a 'downtime' day but it was one ADR that DH actually requested a repeat of which I thought was funny. :rotfl: But since he puts up with my love for Disney, I try to make sure we are definitely doing things he enjoys! And secretly, I know he loves it all just as much as I do! ;)

Happy Bday to your DD!!! I'm sorry to her about your foot! That sounds painful. I'm glad you have some answers,, though. I know they said surgery won't be necessary, but do you need to do anything to help it heal? I'm impressed by anyone who runs. I think I would enjoy running. My neighborhood isn't the best running choice. It's not a BAD neighborhood, but it's Chicago. And it's not chicago gold coast or lake front! :lmao: I have my elliptical and DVD/Wii. Totally not the same as running!

I would so take an elliptical right now! We have a Wii but I don't have any of the exercise games - do you love them?

I do have a treadmill so I'm not running outside right now. OH - I haven't put on here yet that I made it through my first run two nights ago. :banana::banana:

Just wanted to try it, didn't want to overdo it, and I did a lot of icing and stretching after but woke up the next morning no worse and actually felt better with the whole foot ordeal. So I'm excited about that!! :banana:

I thought I would start out with a 10 minute run 'just to see' and 10 turned to 20 and I did make myself stop at that point. I didn't do anything yesterday but plan to run again tonight - and aside from some sore quads, my foot seems to really still be improving so :worship: to my new Dr!!! He doesn't know that I did this and he probably would tell me to wait... :rolleyes:

You asked me if I had to do anything to help it heal - yes - I have a horrible splint I wear at night that keeps it in a certain position to keep it stretched out - another picture I need to post - and then I have a shoe insert that keeps my arch and foot in a certain position during the day. This is what we hope will do it (and I really think it is) as opposed to going into a full ROBO COP boot that I wear all the time. :rotfl2: NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. :rolleyes1

Latest trip update.... We were initially booked garden view club level at the Polynesian (thanks to the 40% PIN we received). And THEN I came across a trip report from another dis'er who had stayed club level, theme park view, so I upgraded today. I had talked myself out of this initially thinking it was completely unnecessary... then DH asked me if we would be able to watch Wishes from our room some... or just walk right out on to the beach if we wanted... so I had been contemplating this thought and the trip report and pictures that were posted were amazing. I want that serenity... :cloud9: I actually want it right this very second, but I can wait until December! :rolleyes1 And it's times such as this that I am glad we are BUSY. Still enjoying day to day life but so happy to have this to look forward to at the end of a busy year! :beach:

Thank you for the compliment of my family. They are great and we love to spend time together - while they are young! :lmao: I know the time will come when the kids will have different thoughts about that.

And they don't stay young for long. :sad2: We have been trying to convince dh's siblings for years that they should really do a Disney trip with their kids. They always say..."yes, someday". Well, officially of the 5 nieces/nephews...only one would be considered a kid (under 9) That over 9 age group starts to lose interest in magic pretty quick. Now my oldest, who is over 20...she STILL adores Disney. She always has, even through her teens. So it is possible that some of that "over 9 age group" would still be mesmerized, but.... I think the chance of my teenage nieces/nephews lighting up if/when they ever go...is slim. It makes me sad for them...

but it was one ADR that DH actually requested a repeat of which I thought was funny. :rotfl: But since he puts up with my love for Disney, I try to make sure we are definitely doing things he enjoys! And secretly, I know he loves it all just as much as I do! ;)

This is just like my dh and I! He requests only a few things when it comes to Disney...so I try and accommodate. Mostly he also just puts up with my "Disney Crazy"...but just like you.... I secretly know he loves it too!!! :goodvibes

Quick update...

I found some fun PJ's for each of us this weekend for our trip. I know it's not for another 9.5 months still... but it was fun to 'do something' to continue the planning process.

My goal was to find PJ's but I also found a couple of t-shirts for the boys and two t-shirts for DD. I'm finding some fun in planning some clothes for them that they have no idea about since this trip is a surprise... :laughing: AND since I'm turning 40 with the Magic Kingdom this year, I purchased the 40th anniversary Mickey ears. DH will NOT understand that one for a while but we do have a room of collectibles, including Disney, and these will be great in there to commemorate that glorious year of 1971. ;)

Pictures to post... birthday cakes, robocop splint for foot, and now I'm adding PJ's, t-shirts and ears to that list... I promise if it weren't for grad school, this stuff would be on here quickly! Just finished a paper by the skin of my teeth so right now the DIS has to come second to that. 3 more weeks of this class and then I will have a 3 week break! :teacher: It's time... I'm not motivated at all right now... :crazy2:

Signing on to another December 2011 PTR. I am interested to watch your planning along with my own!

So hopefully, the airlines won't change their flight schedule too much between now and then. :rolleyes1
Gee, did you book AirTran?? They're the WORST at changing the schedule!

We also have our dining desires picked out... for now... no doubt this could change by June when we can actually make our ADR's :lmao: but here are the tentative ones we would like to hit:
Do you have the trip calculator link? It'll give you the 180 day mark...

Chef Mickey's
O'hana's
Boma's - want to tour AKL, as well
Fantasmic Dinner Package - looking at Hollywood and Vine for the quick service aspect of a buffet
Tusker House breakfast
Coral Reef - not super excited about this one, have never been, but kids will love the aquarium and DH wants some seafood while we are there and this seems to work into our 'tentative plans.'
1900 Park Fare - my kids love this dinner buffet
CRT breakfast (tradition)
Whispering Canyon for breakfast and the opportunity to tour the WL
Good luck with Chef Mickey's. We did dinner there in September and it wasn't the best. Actually, it was ranked #5 out of the 5 TS meals we had. O'hana is lovely. We like it there a lot! DH really liked Boma - and I was surprised because he's pretty picky. We actually talked about our meals last night (not so causally planning ahead for 2015 :rolleyes1) and he said he wanted to go back there because he liked it so much! :faint:

I hope you will be pleasantly surprised with Coral Reef. I was on the fence, but my BFF E really pushed for us to go here. The atmosphere was great and the food was better than a couple of the other places we went. I was really glad we went when it was all said and done. I think it helped having the giant, massive sea turtle hang out near our table AND the fact that there was a group of divers in the tank at the beginning of our meal! ;)

Gee, did you book AirTran?? They're the WORST at changing the schedule!

Do you have the trip calculator link? It'll give you the 180 day mark...

Good luck with Chef Mickey's. We did dinner there in September and it wasn't the best. Actually, it was ranked #5 out of the 5 TS meals we had. O'hana is lovely. We like it there a lot! DH really liked Boma - and I was surprised because he's pretty picky. We actually talked about our meals last night (not so causally planning ahead for 2015 :rolleyes1) and he said he wanted to go back there because he liked it so much! :faint:

I hope you will be pleasantly surprised with Coral Reef. I was on the fence, but my BFF E really pushed for us to go here. The atmosphere was great and the food was better than a couple of the other places we went. I was really glad we went when it was all said and done. I think it helped having the giant, massive sea turtle hang out near our table AND the fact that there was a group of divers in the tank at the beginning of our meal! ;)

We did not book AirTran - AA going and Continental coming home. In the past we've booked Delta and each time our flights got changed but thankfully when I called and said "This isn't going to work" they found a fix. :rolleyes1 It was annoying to say the least to have to do that in the first place.

I'm excited about Coral Reef - have read mixed reviews but I do know the atmosphere is something our family will enjoy! Would love to have a turtle hang out with us, too!!

Boma's will be new for us but have heard wonderful things about it! O'hana is a tradition that we love! And as for Chef Mickey's... there's a story there... :rolleyes: On our trip in '09, and I'm 99.99% certain these acquaintances aren't on the DIS so here goes... we scheduled to go to WDW with a close family friend of ours and had the 'group' stopped with our family and theirs, it would have been amazing!

The trip was wonderful regardless, but here's my small vent. :headache:

I received an email from a family that we were acquainted with that said "We are going to be at Disney with you guys!" Was totally confused by this move... didn't know if our close friends had invited them or if this was just going to be coincidence? :confused: We had separate flights and different resorts (ours were booked and they couldn't get in). However, prior to this happening, in my love and enthusiasm for Disney, I'd shared with her plans of our trip (ADR's, etc.). I believe that I got her so excited about Disney, that it prompted them planning a trip there 'with us.' Shouldn't have been a big deal and it wasn't - was just annoying. And we all know who we travel well with and who we don't? This is a 'not so much' kind of family. She managed to get the CM she talked to convinced that they should have the same reservations and that it's now a group of 12, rather than 8. I digress...

Anyway - Chef Mickey's was our last ADR of the trip and DH and I just couldn't do it - we needed some SPACE. We were so tired of some of the qwirks of this family (specifically their disciplinary ways, or lack thereof, with their children) so our close family friends and our family cancelled our Chef Mickey's and snuck over to MK while this family ended up going to Chef Mickey's. It was sooo nice and peaceful.

I know... shame on me. :3dglasses

But we needed a break from the kids calling their parents stupid idiots and the parents screaming at the kids "IF YOU SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO BUST YOUR #*$&$$" and never following through. :lmao: By week's end, we (my family and close friends) would stand off to the side and say "PLEASE, just go bust their #)$*#!" :rotfl:

Anyway - they raved about Chef Mickeys - not sure if it was because it was something 'they did and we didn't' or what... but I promised my kiddos "next time..." :hug:

If you could choose between:

Chef Mickey's
Liberty Tree Tavern
Tony's Town Square

or an alternate resort table service or Magic Kingdom... what would you pick?:confused:

Thanks!!

If you could choose between:

Chef Mickey's
Liberty Tree Tavern
Tony's Town Square

or an alternate resort table service or Magic Kingdom... what would you pick?:confused:

Thanks!!

I have only been to 2 of the 3... so I can't recommend the one (Chef Mickey's) Of the two though... I would say Tony's Town Square.

I have only been to 2 of the 3... so I can't recommend the one (Chef Mickey's) Of the two though... I would say Tony's Town Square.

We've never had Tony's but I had a friend who went this past Feb and he said Tony's was one of their favorite meals... hmmm.... why are ADR's the hardest yet most fun part to plan?!?! :confused:

Okay... so here's the latest update... I've officially started weight watchers again. It's always worked in the past until I 'stop' tracking because I get satisfied. However, I've got a goal I want to reach by our trip in December and to keep me on track, I'm planning on going back in Feb. 2012 for the Princess 1/2 marathon!! DH is pretty much on board and I have a couple of girlfriends wanting to go as well so I'm hopeful!!! :banana:

I went back to the doctor yesterday for foot and while he didn't release me to run yet, there was 50% improvement and I'm allowed to bike and use the elliptical. I don't have one of those... :lmao: And I'm not planning on purchasing... I have a treadmill. So I may break the rule and start running and then diligently ice/stretch after. It's strictly pain I'm dealing with from inflammation - physically/structurally the foot and tendon look really good! :woohoo:

But I'm almost through my first week and it's not been too bad. I've pretty much told my friends and family that 'this is serious' and to not tempt me but support me. :rolleyes: DH is being so great about it and totally on board. :hug:

I have two more weeks of current grad school class before a 3 week break! Am ready for that. DD has her first track meet next week and I'm ready for the boys baseball season to kick in. DH's team has opening game tonight but weather doesn't look too inviting to get too excited to be out in the wind and moderate to cold temps. :cheer2:

I'm hopeful that these activities and the summer will speed the trip up on the ole ticker countdown. It's just crawling, it seems. Mostly, I'm just ready for June so I can see official park hours, events and finalize the plans and be done with that part.

Then it's just getting items together/purchased gradually - including Christmas gifts - so the bank account doesn't go bust all at once and all of that is finished by the time we return home and just ready to kick back and enjoy Christmas Eve/Day at home. :cloud9:

My disney online order arrived yesterday! That was fun! I will eventually get pics and get them posted... maybe Sun? We are getting ready to put our house on the market though... Sunday will probably be devoted to that.

On a fun side note - DD, DH and I are going to the Sugarland concert tomorrow night!! :woohoo::yay::dance3::cool1::banana: This was for part of her 13th birthday and we are stoked! Should be a great concert!!

We had this in '07 when it was still a character meal and enjoyed it. Has it changed much since then?
Food is the same, but no characters anymore. :(

They briefly brought characters back whe Crystal Palace got refurb'd a couple years ago, but they didn't keep them around.

Food is the same, but no characters anymore. :(

They briefly brought characters back whe Crystal Palace got refurb'd a couple years ago, but they didn't keep them around.

I'm leaning towards this a little bit - kids loved the food and this year I will still have one child that is still designated as a child and the other two will be able to order off adult menu so I'm somewhat conscientious about keeping it from appearing he's getting the short end of the stick. :rotfl: And he'll notice... and who am I kidding... they always take mom and dad's dessert anyway!!! ;)

Rough draft plans TAKE TWO

So while laying in bed last night going through some Disney literature - DH asks me how they are going? So I sheepishly look at him and ask if he really_really wants to know to which he replies "Yes, I'm interested - better catch me now." :lmao:

I start in with the plans.... and these are completely based off of tentative park hours, events from the 2010 calendar so of course they can and probably will change. ;)

Arrival Day - we won't get in until late (10p). So mostly it will just be getting settled in and taking in the fact that 'we are back!!' :rotfl:

Day 1: Epcot
**since we will be club level, I think we will try out the concierge breakfast items because... I hope to get an early lunch at Le Cellier (with Candlelight Processional package). Mostly spend the morning letting the kids ride their favorites, eat lunch, tour the park some more, hope to get into the first showing of the CP, walk to Cape May Cafe for our seafood fix (instead of Coral Reef) and back for Illuminations. DH liked all of this.

Day 2: No big day plans and possibly even sleep in... :scared1: I can forsee the kids wanting to go back to Epcot in the morning and revisit their favorite rides so I'm leaving this day 'open.' Then plan on an early dinner at 1900 Park Fare at GF before hitting Mickey's Very Magical Christmas Party for the night!
**At this point of my conversation with DH, he's looking at me in shock that I've actually put this much thought into a trip that is 9 months, 3 seasons away.... :rotfl2: Then he makes music to my ears by saying "We just need to plan on going to Disney so you have something to do!" :laundy: Trust me - I have plenty to do... Disney is my REWARD!! :cloud9:

Day 3: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at Tusker House, early as possible, preferably before park opens is the plan so we can get some non-crowded family pics as we walk through to the restaurant. We typically spend a day here and are ready to leave by early evening. We have yet to see The Lion King Show so this is a must-do on this trip for us!! Then we are going to eat dinner at Boma's that night at AKL. We really are trying to fit in some resort dinners at resorts we've not seen yet. I think DH was hiding his excitement to eat at Boma's. He had a pleasant smile on his face when I told him we needed to do this. ;)

Day 4: DHS
Main item on this agenda is to catch a Fantasmic Dinner package... this is another show we have not seen yet. We are not 'wait in line' people for shows, per say, so this would be why I'm coupling in the dinner packages where I can. I think we've selected the Hollywood & Vine restaurant for our package and would like to go to the first showing and then hang out and wait for the Osborn lights show. :thumbsup2

Day 5: Magic Kingdom
We will hopefully have hit all of our favs at the Christmas party so would like to just be able to go at a leisurely pace on this day. It's going to be getting crowded as it will be just a few days shy of Christmas Eve/Day. But we'd like to eat at CRT in the morning (again before opening if possible) as well as find a table service for that evening...

We were leaning towards Chef Mickey's but are rethinking that plan. Now we are tossing back and forth between Liberty Tree Tavern and Tony's. Last night - DH was leaning towards Tony's simply because we all like italian and we've not been there. 106 days til we have to know for sure when we make our ADRs. :goodvibes I believe we have some time to talk it out.

Day 6: Final full day and nothing planned except for 2 table service meals. Would like to have breakfast at Whispering Canyon in the WL (another resort we want to see) and then eat our traditional meal at O'hana's for dinner at our resort. We will most likley go back to MK for the evening after dinner... may do some shopping during the day.

Day 7: We fly out at 3p - so we will just have the morning to do ??? We've never been to rope drop at MK so maybe.... :wizard: There will definitely be :sad1: but we will be home on the 23rd so I figure Christmas will still be dangling over our heads to ease the sadness.

So there you have it... our trip in it's rough draft stage but becoming more finite. :yay: Most changes that will occur will be because of park hours/touring days as well as what day we can actually attend MVMCP and Fantasmic. :rolleyes:

I've officially started weight watchers again.

Congrats. It can be so hard to manage weight goals as a mom.

I I've got a goal I want to reach by our trip in December and to keep me on track, I'm planning on going back in Feb. 2012 for the Princess 1/2 marathon!!

I have a goal for our December trip too. Unlike you who is smart though, I have no plans to help me stay on track. :confused3 Maybe at some point...

I went back to the doctor yesterday for foot and while he didn't release me to run yet, there was 50% improvement and I'm allowed to bike and use the elliptical. I don't have one of those... :lmao: And I'm not planning on purchasing... I have a treadmill. So I may break the rule and start running and then diligently ice/stretch after. It's strictly pain I'm dealing with from inflammation - physically/structurally the foot and tendon look really good! :woohoo:

Ouch! Be careful!!! Yay for the foot and tendon looking good though!

I have two more weeks of current grad school class before a 3 week break! Am ready for that. DD has her first track meet next week and I'm ready for the boys baseball season to kick in. DH's team has opening game tonight but weather doesn't look too inviting to get too excited to be out in the wind and moderate to cold temps. :cheer2:

Holy cow you are busy.:eek: i think when I start to feel overwhelmed with how busy I am... I am just going to remember how busy you are so I remember I am not the only one with a hectic life. ;)

I'm hopeful that these activities and the summer will speed the trip up on the ole ticker countdown. It's just crawling, it seems. Mostly, I'm just ready for June so I can see official park hours, events and finalize the plans and be done with that part.

yes, me too!!! Last summer I was working a ton to pay for my fall trip. It made the summer fly by. It was kinda sad in a way since I don't remember ANY of the summer. I don't especially want to miss out on another summer, but... with how busy summer is going to be (not to mention a bit stressful) I hope it flies by so that December gets here quicker. And... June is when the park hours come out? :woohoo: ADRS and park days!! That should brighten up my June. :goodvibes

Then it's just getting items together/purchased gradually - including Christmas gifts - so the bank account doesn't go bust all at once and all of that is finished by the time we return home and just ready to kick back and enjoy Christmas Eve/Day at home. :cloud9:

Ok, maybe great minds tend to think alike. I too want to gradually get Christmas gifts in order. But... as for kicking back Christmas Eve/Day... well, I am still so torn on that one. Do I keep our current reservation and stay over Christmas... or go home and relax. I guess I have a few months to decide. :goodvibes

My disney online order arrived yesterday! That was fun! I will eventually get pics and get them posted... maybe Sun?

Mine came on friday too! I need to add the items to my TR... You may beat me to that since I am not sure I am going to have time for it this weekend. I found some cool stuff though. Did you shop the presidents day clearance sale?

We are getting ready to put our house on the market though... Sunday will probably be devoted to that.

:eek: You are just amazingly busy. Did I miss that you were moving this year? Where to?

On a fun side note - DD, DH and I are going to the Sugarland concert tomorrow night!! :woohoo::yay::dance3::cool1::banana: This was for part of her 13th birthday and we are stoked! Should be a great concert!!

Have fun!!!

Rough draft plans TAKE TWO

So while laying in bed last night going through some Disney literature - DH asks me how they are going? So I sheepishly look at him and ask if he really_really wants to know to which he replies "Yes, I'm interested - better catch me now." :lmao:

:lmao: That would be dh and I...and I have to totally get him when he is "willing" to listen to Disney talk.

**At this point of my conversation with DH, he's looking at me in shock that I've actually put this much thought into a trip that is 9 months, 3 seasons away.... :rotfl2: Then he makes music to my ears by saying "We just need to plan on going to Disney so you have something to do!" :laundy: Trust me - I have plenty to do... Disney is my REWARD!! :cloud9:

:rotfl2:

Day 7: We fly out at 3p - so we will just have the morning to do ??? We've never been to rope drop at MK so maybe.... :wizard: There will definitely be :sad1: but we will be home on the 23rd so I figure Christmas will still be dangling over our heads to ease the sadness.

Hmm.. I like that "Christmas dangling over our heads to ease the sadness" Can I ask, do you do Christmas big? One reason for us not coming home for Christmas is how "big" I make it. I make hundreds of cookies, wrap dozens of presents, we cook a huge meal with aps to snack on throughout the day. It is a big event and... well, I am not certain I am up for it but wonder if maybe just not doing it so big would still be ok. See...being gone, we would not be expected to do all this for our neighbors and family. Home... I would feel obligated. :upsidedow

So there you have it... our trip in it's rough draft stage but becoming more finite. :yay: Most changes that will occur will be because of park hours/touring days as well as what day we can actually attend MVMCP and Fantasmic. :rolleyes:

Your plans look awesome! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter