• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So this is what mid-life crisis feels like? Dec 2011 PTR

4 more sleeps!!!

First of all - and a few of you already know this - but Erin's team won their tournament Friday night! Was a great game - they only won by 2 points if that tells you anything. AND my sweet girl sunk two clutch free throws to put the game away. Proud mom moment. :goodvibes

I am finding myself completely obsessed with the weather right now! It's looking very promising, but living in Oklahoma, have learned it can change at a moment's notice... remember we had earthquakes, tornados, rain, lightening, and hail all at one time in November here! ;)

I did accomplish a lot this weekend though! The suitcases are slowly filling up... and I have my list made of what is missing so I can slowly gather as laundry continues at my house this week.

I only need to buy a gift for my mother and 1 more gift for each of the boys and then I'm done with Christmas shopping!! Got the SIL and MIL handled this weekend! :woohoo:

I also got the kid's travel journals done. So excited about these!! And I've started packing their carry-on backpacks to keep them entertained on the flights.

I also finished my biggest paper for my school last night - and the one assignment due mid-week this week done last night. All I have left is to compile all of the project assignments I've submitted throughout the semester into one document, place in my portfolio, and submit! So close and probably could have finished that last night but I think I felt like I was starting to 'rush through it just to get it done' and I don't want to sabotage my grade on accident. :eek:

Not too crazy of a week this week - studying with Erin to get her prepped to take her finals on Thursday - she has her last basketball game tonight before end of semester and the poor girl is worn out. Has a horrible sore throat right now which I'm watching very closely and pumping nutritious food in her as well as vitamins and lots of orange juice. No worse today so I'm hopeful. :sick: We made her go to bed last night, with Nyquil, at 8:30. She slept like a log. :rolleyes1

On a side note - things are not getting any better with my brother and wife. Pretty miserable actually - I even offered to my mom to postpone our trip but she said no way... so I'm going with that. I just hope this 'issue' they are going through doesn't end up on Lifetime movies someday... and sadly, I'm not really joking. :sad2:

Have a great Monday everyone! :grouphug: Susan - I hope you had a great great birthday!! :hug:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for four more sleeps.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for Erin's team -- that is awesome. I hope whatever bug she is picking up goes away quickly!

Glad to hear the packing got started, and your Christmas shopping is almost done.

I can't believe we only have 4 more sleeps! I love looking at it that way.

That is awesome that Erin's team won but even better that she clutched the free throws for the win. Soooo cool. I'd be proud too!

I'm getting obsessed with the weather too. I keep saying I wish it were either going to be super cold or super hot, but this in between stuff makes me crazy. I am cold natured, so I'm afraid I'll be cold in the 70s. So I am thinking of jeans the whole trip. But I'll take some shorts just in case. And I'm afraid of getting cold at night. My sister says we should take jackets, sweaters or hoodies and lock them in lockers at the park. But I think staying at the Poly, we're close enough to pop over there if it gets cool enough we need a jacket, from any park except AK. And AK closes so early, I don't think it will be cold enough to need a jacket there.

Oh don't mention suitcases. I haven't even started. I think that will be a Thursday night project.

We're good with all of our gifts too! I just have to wrap them all tonight. I am hoping to get that done. We have to buy one more Dirty Santa (White Elephant) gift, but that's from Katie, so I want her to pick it out.

I am sure you're relieved that you've finished most of your class. I don't blame you for slowing down not to rush it. You want to keep the grade up!

I hope Erin can keep the icks away! Sounds like you're taking all the necessary precautions.

Oh no about your brother. Makes me sad :(

Thanks for the birthday wishes - I almost missed seeing that!

4 more sleeps!!!

First of all - and a few of you already know this - but Erin's team won their tournament Friday night! Was a great game - they only won by 2 points if that tells you anything. AND my sweet girl sunk two clutch free throws to put the game away. Proud mom moment. :goodvibes

I am finding myself completely obsessed with the weather right now! It's looking very promising, but living in Oklahoma, have learned it can change at a moment's notice... remember we had earthquakes, tornados, rain, lightening, and hail all at one time in November here! ;)

I did accomplish a lot this weekend though! The suitcases are slowly filling up... and I have my list made of what is missing so I can slowly gather as laundry continues at my house this week.

I only need to buy a gift for my mother and 1 more gift for each of the boys and then I'm done with Christmas shopping!! Got the SIL and MIL handled this weekend! :woohoo:

I also got the kid's travel journals done. So excited about these!! And I've started packing their carry-on backpacks to keep them entertained on the flights.

I also finished my biggest paper for my school last night - and the one assignment due mid-week this week done last night. All I have left is to compile all of the project assignments I've submitted throughout the semester into one document, place in my portfolio, and submit! So close and probably could have finished that last night but I think I felt like I was starting to 'rush through it just to get it done' and I don't want to sabotage my grade on accident. :eek:

Not too crazy of a week this week - studying with Erin to get her prepped to take her finals on Thursday - she has her last basketball game tonight before end of semester and the poor girl is worn out. Has a horrible sore throat right now which I'm watching very closely and pumping nutritious food in her as well as vitamins and lots of orange juice. No worse today so I'm hopeful. :sick: We made her go to bed last night, with Nyquil, at 8:30. She slept like a log. :rolleyes1

On a side note - things are not getting any better with my brother and wife. Pretty miserable actually - I even offered to my mom to postpone our trip but she said no way... so I'm going with that. I just hope this 'issue' they are going through doesn't end up on Lifetime movies someday... and sadly, I'm not really joking. :sad2:

Have a great Monday everyone! :grouphug: Susan - I hope you had a great great birthday!! :hug:

Yay for Erin! and your proud mom moment!

Sorry she is sick! Least four more sleeps for her to get well!

Don't even want to think about suitcases. Alexa's is half packed only because we couldn't let her wear her "Disney" shirts yet. They are all still tagged!

I don't want to think about Christmas shopping either. I have to get most of it done either Thursday night or on the trip... or hope that I will have some time Thursday evening of next week to run and grab a few things if were slow at work!

I can't believe we only have 4 more sleeps! I love looking at it that way.

That is awesome that Erin's team won but even better that she clutched the free throws for the win. Soooo cool. I'd be proud too!

I'm getting obsessed with the weather too. I keep saying I wish it were either going to be super cold or super hot, but this in between stuff makes me crazy. I am cold natured, so I'm afraid I'll be cold in the 70s. So I am thinking of jeans the whole trip. But I'll take some shorts just in case. And I'm afraid of getting cold at night. My sister says we should take jackets, sweaters or hoodies and lock them in lockers at the park. But I think staying at the Poly, we're close enough to pop over there if it gets cool enough we need a jacket, from any park except AK. And AK closes so early, I don't think it will be cold enough to need a jacket there.

Oh don't mention suitcases. I haven't even started. I think that will be a Thursday night project.

We're good with all of our gifts too! I just have to wrap them all tonight. I am hoping to get that done. We have to buy one more Dirty Santa (White Elephant) gift, but that's from Katie, so I want her to pick it out.

I am sure you're relieved that you've finished most of your class. I don't blame you for slowing down not to rush it. You want to keep the grade up!

I hope Erin can keep the icks away! Sounds like you're taking all the necessary precautions.

Oh no about your brother. Makes me sad :(

Thanks for the birthday wishes - I almost missed seeing that!

You are welcome! And THREE more sleeps now!! :woohoo:

I haven't looked at the weather yet today but have also decided we will be taking combo of jeans and shorts. I'm not one to want to lug a bunch of stuff into the parks either... including jackets! But don't want to be cold... and I digress... :rotfl:

I'm hoping Erin is on the mend. She had her last basketball season last night - they won but I could tell she didn't feel good, sluggish - so as soon as we got home, she knocked out the rest of her homework, took a hot shower and went to bed. Throat was pretty sore this morning but gets better as day goes on. I told her I'd give her one more day and then I'd haul her into doctor... :sad2:

Other than that - everything else seems to be going fine... fingers and toes crossed. :goodvibes

Yay for Erin! and your proud mom moment!

Sorry she is sick! Least four more sleeps for her to get well!

Don't even want to think about suitcases. Alexa's is half packed only because we couldn't let her wear her "Disney" shirts yet. They are all still tagged!

I don't want to think about Christmas shopping either. I have to get most of it done either Thursday night or on the trip... or hope that I will have some time Thursday evening of next week to run and grab a few things if were slow at work!

I still have two dirty santa (white elephant gifts) to get but I think I am going to pick those up on the trip. Thought about candy from Goofy's or something fun like that...

It's all going to get done though, friends, and we are going to have a great time!!! :goodvibes

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for four more sleeps.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for Erin's team -- that is awesome. I hope whatever bug she is picking up goes away quickly!

Glad to hear the packing got started, and your Christmas shopping is almost done.

3 more sleeps. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: (I did post about the 4 more sleeps but you must have missed it).

AWWW I did miss it! I'm sorry! Thank you, Kathy! I'm sitting here trying to figure out how many more sleeps you have... 51? 50?? Your trip will be down to about 4.5 weeks when I get home!! :goodvibes

I still have two dirty santa (white elephant gifts) to get but I think I am going to pick those up on the trip. Thought about candy from Goofy's or something fun like that...
We have one more gift to get for our family's dirty Santa. This is a GREAT idea!!

DITTO, Ashley!! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes I have one of those socks... :rotfl:

I have a big one of those socks...how do you think I managed to do this trip the Dave Ramsey way!

Get those socks out girls the day you get back and lets fill them up...and I don't mean let :santa: fill them up!

Doctor.jpg

Hope Erin is feeling better...and I hope she is not too stressed out with semester tests...Ab is doing enough for both of them, trust me.

I hope those suitcases are just about filled...I am dying to get mine out and start...the lists are made and I am stealing things from drawers...but I have no place to hide the suitcases once I get them out. I am taking a personal day on Tuesday to get my packing done and I am also going to give the kids a list on Friday and just tell them it is for when we go to Colorado after Christmas to do the holidays with my family!

You will have to post some pictures of the travel books...I want to see yours!

Hope your classes finished off well...I know you did a great job!

In honor of 2 more sleeps...
Image120-001.jpg

I have a big one of those socks...how do you think I managed to do this trip the Dave Ramsey way!

Get those socks out girls the day you get back and lets fill them up...and I don't mean let :santa: fill them up!

Yeah!! :thumbsup2

Doctor.jpg

Hope Erin is feeling better...and I hope she is not too stressed out with semester tests...Ab is doing enough for both of them, trust me.

I hope those suitcases are just about filled...I am dying to get mine out and start...the lists are made and I am stealing things from drawers...but I have no place to hide the suitcases once I get them out. I am taking a personal day on Tuesday to get my packing done and I am also going to give the kids a list on Friday and just tell them it is for when we go to Colorado after Christmas to do the holidays with my family!

You will have to post some pictures of the travel books...I want to see yours!

Hope your classes finished off well...I know you did a great job!

In honor of 2 more sleeps...
Image120-001.jpg

Thank you Tammie!

Erin has croup!!! She's going to kick it - I now have it - boys are so far so good. I don't feel terrible but mornings are definitely worse than daytime. However - so excited about the trip that I'm not letting it slow me down and just making sure Erin is getting rest/food/rest/food. :rotfl:

I'll be back....

Sorry for the quick departure... had a work interruption! So I'm back and ready to do another update...

As I said in prior post - Erin ended up having croup. So I've got steroids for her and 'back-up' for the boys in case they come down with it for the trip. It could have been something worse, right?? :sick: I'm thankful the weather is going to be good on each of our flight dates and thankful the weather looks to be pretty good while we are on vacation!

I TWEAKED!! :rotfl: Again! :confused3 I got overly anxious about monorail issues on our MVMCP party/MK day... so instead of leaving the park for an ADR early dinner at 1900 Park Fare, I canceled and scheduled one at The Plaza in MK. I think the kids will enjoy the 'ice cream parlor atmosphere' and we will be close at hand to get in character lines if that's what the kids want to do. I'm happy about it! :goodvibes

I put our 'tip envelopes' together last night - finished my school work at 2:30am this morning... :teacher: It's done! :woohoo:

Left on the list...
1) get kids ready for tests tomorrow - going well!
2) finish packing, which translates into LAUNDRY
3) get my mom's xmas gift and the boy's last santa gift
4) check us in for our flights - which I can't do til tomorrow morning but oh so close... ;)
5) go through my documents, etc. to make sure all of our info, tickets are together
6) make the kids ID cards for them to carry in case we get separated

NOW - here's where you all come in.... my 'how to reveal' finally hit me this morning as I was placing Stanley in his new daily spot... I've debated on taking him with us and I've decided he will also be going to WDW with us. Just as a reminder - Stanley is our Elf on the Shelf....

SO - I am going to write a letter... er... Stanley is going to write a letter to the kids for them to read in the morning when they get up telling them that if they will do good at school on Thursday and 'pass' their Friday tests on Thursday, that they can miss school on Friday. And then, on Friday morning - have Stanley in the car with the reveal gifts and several letters that they will open on the 40 minute drive to the airport - only they won't know we are going to the airport and they will have to look for certain 'landmarks' to get the next letter... and then at the end, they will get to open their gifts...

SO does anyone have any good ideas about how to word these letters? Tammie? Susan? Betsy? Kathy? Ashley? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller? :rotfl: If you've never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off... my humor will not make sense to you... :rotfl2:

One more thing... this is going to be very hard for Nate to understand missing school on Friday - his class is performing a small narrative of "The Polar Express" that he is going to miss... he's the narrator (which basically his wonderful teacher created for him of which he has no idea) knowing he would be gone that day. But he gets to practice it at school with his class, none the wiser... I believe it's actually the part the teacher will say to introduce the class and end the performance. I'm worried he's going to be upset about this... what do I do?

Sorry I'm no good in writing. I just like things vague as to confuse people more. Maybe search for other people's disney letters?

I know I am late in joining but I can't resist a good Pre TR !! Especially since your trip is so close ! I'll admit I haven't read all 55 (?) pages .. but promise I will skim through as many as I can.
I hope you guys have a wonderful trip !!

Too bad about Nates missing out on his class presentation .. but if he's anything like MY guys .. he'll understand once he realizes WHY ! I hope that goes well for you. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing about how the morning goes and your trip ! :goodvibes

I would maybe try to make the letters rhyme (loose poetry). Maybe 4 lines each (I did a scavenger hunt for Chris's birthday one year with a 4-line poem as each clue).

If you give us the landmarks that they are going to be looking for, maybe we can help you word them.

Your first letter from Stanley could be more than just 4 lines.

Oh, sad that Nate will be missing the program. Will you be able to tell him the teacher was in on the secret the whole time, so Nate knows that he's not leaving his class high and dry and that the narration will go on without him?

I won't be able to help much with the letters today/tonight. I'll try to check in tomorrow and be of some help.

Do you want each letter to have a little clue of where you're going? Sort of how Tammie is including clues in the Advent countdown that her kids are totally oblivious to? :rotfl:

Give me some of the landmarks you are going to use...and let me see if I can come up with some clues! Are you driving past that cool McDonald's over the highway? Do you want the clues to somehow incorporate Disney?

Here is an idea...you know that alphabet game with signs...have them find a sign every 5 minutes that spells DISNEY WORLD...11 signs 5 minutes apart...that gets you to the airport!

I won't be able to help much with the letters today/tonight. I'll try to check in tomorrow and be of some help.

Do you want each letter to have a little clue of where you're going? Sort of how Tammie is including clues in the Advent countdown that her kids are totally oblivious to? :rotfl:

Remember my kids are all blondes! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter