So what have us listeners been doing over the Easter Holiday?

peanut1967

DIS Veteran
Just wondered what everyone had been upto over the Easter Holiday.

I have had relatives over from Australia, its been wonderful, the last time I saw my Auntie and Uncle was when I was 14 and I am now 40 ( and you dont know how hard it was to type that). The also brought over their 14 year old grand daughter and she is a cutie and as fit in really well over the weekend.
We went to Blackpool, UK, and you guys from the UK will know we just had to show her Blackpool. And today we are taking her shopping to the Trafford Centre, cos every girl has to go shopping.

Its been a wonderful time, my Uncle has been extremely poorly and we thought we were going to lose him last year, hes in remission, at one point he was told he had weeks to live and now a year on hes here with us and has travelled all this way. I have to say without a certain travel agent friend I dont know how we would have coped last year, my Mum, my uncles sister, flew out on a moments notice and Val was wonderful with all the arrangements, thanks Val.

They set off to go to Ireland tomorrow so we wont see them for 10 days, and then they go to London with my Mum and my DD.

So all in all its been a good Easter, probally the best in years.

Oh and I have started downloading every dis podcast, I have found I can swim for as long as a show if I take them with me, usually I get bored but thanks team for helping me get fit!! The only embarrissing thing is when I start laughing and I dont realise how loud that sounds in the swimming baths....:dance3: oh well never mind, its another reason to listen to the dis.. get fit the dis way....lol
Angie

Our family didn't do much...just hung around the house, went to church, and ate way too much Easter dinner!!!

We had a great Easter weekend!

Corey's parents came down on Friday to stay with us. We watched Enchanted, had a nice steak dinner on Saturday night and then headed to Mass on Sunday. We took advantage of the beautiful weather on Sunday and had a picnic in one of our favorite parks here in Orlando. It was the four of us, Corey's sister and our two furry babies. It was a wonderful weekend!:goodvibes

We had a great Easter with family. My family all came to CT frrom Long Island, my MIL and my sister-in-law and her family came over, and her MIL from PA. There were 16 of us total, so I spent three days cooking, cleaning and food shopping. I have to say I always enjoy having everyone over, but today I am hanging out on the disboards and not doing anything else!

My kids and my niece and nephew also went to a friend/neighbors house who did an Easter egg hunt for 11 kids. Each kid was assigned a specific plastic egg color and they each searched for 32 eggs. Can you imagine she hid 352 eggs and all but three were found. The kids had a great time.

Stuck at work. I had Good Friday off, so we managed to colour eggs then. But I had been out of town on a course from Monday night - so much for those "days off". Work wasn't bad though - we weren't busy, so people were safe & happy, and we had great lunches. (Yes, that is a big deal - the good cooks made steak Saturday & lamb for Sunday)

I got to come home to a wonderful dinner last night. I am so lucky DH can cook. DD had a fabulous Easter and even managed to bring me & my co-workers a coffee on Saturday.

My Mom hates my shift work & even though I can tell her way ahead when I am working, Easter snuck up on her. They had their dinner with my sister and her kids yesterday. I got a phone call. I am not sure when we will see them - they are calling for snow/rain all week too - I don't think it will be worth driving through.

After the kids hunted eggs and did a scavenger hunt at our house, we headed to my parents house (5 miles away) for dinner. My 1 year old nephew was there... he just started walking, so my 1 year old daughter decided it was her turn to walk too. There was no way she was going to let her cousin show her up!

It was a nice day but I am glad it is over!

Since I've got a bit of family drama going on, I avoided the whole thing all together. I went to the car show in NYC yesterday.

Is Easter just one day for you all????

Here in The Netherlands we celebrate 2 days of Eastern.
Right now it's the second Eastern day and we are all free of work.

We just did nothing at all....
Just hang around the house and relax.
We both worked very hard the past couple of weeks and right now we are both tired like we could sleep the whole day.....

We just did some planning for our upcomming trips, so it was a disneylike Eastern....

We went to church, hid eggs and baskets for my 2 nieces and nephew and then went to the hospital to meet my brand new Easter baby niece!

She came 10 days early ... actually the day before Easter, but still an Easter baby in my book. And my 1st niece (now 12 years old) was also a day before Easter baby. How cool is that?

We didn't know if it was a boy or girl so of course as soon as I found out I headed STRAIGHT to the Disney Store! They were having a great sale and so my new niece will be properly outfitted in Minnie and Princess attire for the next few weeks at least. :cutie:

We have NO NAME yet. My brother and SIL still haven't decided! :rolleyes:
It is narrowed down to 3 possiblities though.

1. Aubree or Aubrey (my personal fav)

2. Lily

3. Lila

I would post a pic, but am embarrased to admit that I don't know how. :blush:

So a new Disney fan is born. I feel it is my job as Auntie to make sure that happens and believe me, mission accomplished with my 2 nieces and nephew thus far!

We went to church, hid eggs and baskets for my 2 nieces and nephew and then went to the hospital to meet my brand new Easter baby niece!

She came 10 days early ... actually the day before Easter, but still an Easter baby in my book. And my 1st niece (now 12 years old) was also a day before Easter baby. How cool is that?

We didn't know if it was a boy or girl so of course as soon as I found out I headed STRAIGHT to the Disney Store! They were having a great sale and so my new niece will be properly outfitted in Minnie and Princess attire for the next few weeks at least. :cutie:

We have NO NAME yet. My brother and SIL still haven't decided! :rolleyes:
It is narrowed down to 3 possiblities though.

1. Aubree or Aubrey (my personal fav)

2. Lily

3. Lila

I would post a pic, but am embarrased to admit that I don't know how. :blush:

So a new Disney fan is born. I feel it is my job as Auntie to make sure that happens and believe me, mission accomplished with my 2 nieces and nephew thus far!

I vote for Lilly! My youngest 2 girls birthday is today and I named my first Easter baby Lilly! As in our Easter Lilly :thumbsup2 She is 3 today and sometime around 1am she got out of bed and scaled the kitchen counter and ate 7 or 8 marshmellow Peeps. Then she came and got in bed with me and proceeded to toss and turn and keep me up on what I now know was a sugar high! I finally had had it and when DH got up I told him to turn the TV on for her and watch her untill her left for work that's when he realized someone had been into all the candy and discovered her sticky hands.:rotfl2: So now you know what I did all Easter night....... tried to get a hyped up toddler to sleep!

A name has been chosen........and they picked..... Makenna! princess:

I know, I know it wasn't on the list. Not sure where it came from actually :confused3 but there you go. Makenna Carol (Carol after her grandmother)

I went to every Holy Week Service at our church!!

we had a nice easter dinner with no guests

good thing too my sister was sick and my mom was also not feeling to well

The next time easter will be March 23 will be in 152 years OMG!

Let's see...Easter....
I Easter-bunnied my children (never mind that they're young adults, AND atheist, they still expect the chocolate)
I worked at the garden center, foiling endless tulips and daffodils for those fools who wait until the last minute to get something for their mommies who go through all the work of making this fine dinner, and this is all the thanks they get? A lousy foiled tulip?
Then I went home and worked some more, raking up the garden, because the crocuses are smothering beneath all the debris.
It's so nice to be a heathen.

I know, I know it wasn't on the list. Not sure where it came from actually :confused3 but there you go. Makenna Carol (Carol after her grandmother)
I'm so glad it wasn't Aubrey...it's so odd seeing young girls being called "king of the elves".

Wow! Congrats on the early Easter present!! Love the name, it's my daughter's, same spelling and everything!! They must have great taste.;)

Hope everybody had a great holiday. We did the usual stuff: Easter egg hunt, gourmet brunch, Dis-surfing, scavenger hunt, more Dis, Leg of Lamb for dinner, and finally ended the holiday with some more Dis! Not a bad holiday I have to say!! :)

Woo hoo, Frankie and Annette, it's Spring Break! Our Easter wasa very niceah! NO new babies, but... Thurs: Ran a tennis-themed Easter basket over to my goddaughter's house (she's been in DC all week for a leadership conference--she gives one real hope for our future...reminiscent of Anthony!)---then rushed over to my son's classroom party---I'm the room mom, so parents reading this know, that meant it was "show time" ---but lucky me, every event we have had has resulted in over a dozen parents attending and helping out and not in a "top this" way, but in a nice "It takes a village..." way. ...so my job was so EASY---son goes to a gifted school, so instead of making centerpeeds out of egg cartons (nuttin' wrong with that!), they shared their brilliant (!WOW!) PowerPoint presentations on Energy Sources...then, each one shared his/her own AMAZING fable. (! Uh, Double-WOW!)...EXCEPT for my son...who was not talking to anyone and was crying (WHAT?! Oh no!). To be honest, I was a bit relieved, b/c he was due for a good cry and was returning from a 3 day illness absence...too much pressure and not enough rehearsal time...he is not an overly dramatic type, but he is a sweet kid, so, it was such a tender moment)---he finally told me that he felt the practice run/sharing of his fable at his table of peers just before the party was a TOTAL disaster--as, they all LAUGHED at the end when he had intended total SINCERITY,,,, So, we spent the afternoon at Sonic's "Happy Hour" talking about the reasons his "Lonely Frog" fable could be funny, to some...and how no one wants to be laughed at..., but why it is important to express youself without peer pressure inhibitions...anyway, this was a real Andy/Aunt Bea/Opie moment! Then, for Easter, instead of having the usual 20 over along with our annual egg hunt (500+ eggs) and huge dinner, we went out to eat w/ DBIL and DBILW and our speciail needs DNiece and DNephew---for the first time ever, I didn't have ham, but ate fried oysters for Easter?! And we froze, so I kept thinking about Pete's weather forecasts and our future trips to WDW!!!

:thumbsup2

I watched "The King and I" on tv-love that movie.:happytv: Spoke with my DSIS and 2 lil nephews in So. CA. who I miss dearly. Then, when DS (16) got home from work he took me, his mom to see "Horton Hears a Who". :banana:

I got to set up my Easter present-- a new HD dual tuner Tivo! I was sooo excited and surprised. My Dh felt bad for me because he's been working out of town since january and will be for the next 5 to 8 months and I'm lonely. Our Disney trip in May will be the only ten days we get to spend together for most of the year. What a thoughtful guy! :love: If he can't be here then give my laptop and my shows and i'm good to go.

I watched "The King and I" on tv-love that movie.:happytv: Spoke with my DSIS and 2 lil nephews in So. CA. who I miss dearly. Then, when DS (16) got home from work he took me, his mom to see "Horton Hears a Who". :banana:

"The King and I" was vetoed by my guys :sad2: b/c they'd already suffered through "The Sound of Music" w/ my sighing and "singing" so it was "The Ten Commandments" for us--an annual tradition which always includes a bit of irreverence whenever Edward G. Robinson is on the screen--we always do "Little Caesar" thug impressions of him w/a heavy Jersey accent in his role as Dathan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter