So, wheres everyone staying? Why? 2020

Our home is OKW but this October we are staying Kidani Village in a 2 bedroom savanna view with our son and his family..smjj..ºoº

Poly standard studio first night October 16, switching to BRV 1BR Oct 17-24. Needed to use up 20 points so added extra first night at Poly, and BRV because we love it there, love the boat ride to the MK, and happy that everything is open at this resort. Was supposed to do Poly studio January 13-20 for anniversary trip, but as of now switched to CCV walk-in bathroom studio because I'm nervous as to what might be shut down at the Poly by January.

We took a quick January trip to Art of Animation and got my (now useless) TiW card because no DVC was available last minute. That will be my only 2020 trip...

I canceled VGC Halloween and also Kidani Club Level Christmas, both of which were DVC bucket list for me.

I don't think it's safe to travel now. I'm hoping for BWV for Feb, because it was awesome value and I was surprised it was available. I don't expect to see that booking again.

Use year is Feb, so I'm in no rush. I'll use those banked points one way or another.

Middle of Oct - VB need some sun.
2nd week of Dec - AKL-J for our annual DW's BDay and get-away for ourselves to enjoy the holidays.
2nd week of Feb - AKL-J for anniversary

Week after Thanksgiving - three studios at Boardwalk for family of 11...but will it happen? Still not sure..

Week after Thanksgiving - three studios at Boardwalk for family of 11...but will it happen? Still not sure..
I feel the same way about our trip. Not getting too excited- for many reasons, but mostly because who knows whats going to happen

In 2020, we were supposed to go on our first Alaskan cruise, so we rented out our Aulani points. When we realized we'd be able to get our points back (yes, we're refunding our renters), we were hoping to go to Aulani next February, but I'm not hopeful that Hawaii will even be open by then. A few weeks ago, our extended family asked us not to visit them in NC in October as we had planned. My son has the whole week off from school, so I'd have to take the vacation days anyway! We looked briefly at HHI, but then I had the crazy idea of WDW... and for some reason, my mask-hating hubby said yes! (I already told him that if he gets kicked out for non-compliance, he's on his own.) I looked long and hard at BWV, because it looked like a fun place, it's near the Skyliner, DHS, and EPCOT, and there are lots of nearby restaurants. Ultimately, we were drawn back to VWL because we already love it there, Copper Creek looks awesome, we love Whispering Canyon, they have two QS options, and both pools are open. I'm hoping for CCV 1-bdr from Oct. 12-17, with BRV as our backup. We stayed at WL for our honeymoon in 2008, because it fit our style the best, and still does.

BWV 10/5 - 17
RIV 12/1 - 12
I'm so excited to try RIV, but actually had booked that trip on a whim so only booked a studio instead of our usual 1 bdrm (for 2 ppl) - looks like we'll just do more eating/going out. Also, excited for our first ever time seeing the Christmas decorations, in many decades of WDW vacations!!!
(We just got back last week from 12 days at BWV - that one was repeatedly rescheduled from May).

In Oct I will be at BWV for 4 nights, then RR for 3 nights and finally BLT for 3 nights. I am staying at BWV and RR because I own there. I was lucky to trade into BLT from OKW at 7. Trip starts 22 Oct. On Christmas eve I will be at Poly for 2 nights (booked before I heard about the closings) and one night each at BWV and RR. This was a spur of the moment trip to use up my 2019 points.

BWV, our favorite and our home resort. Scheduled for December 2-16. So very easy to hoof it to both Epcot and HS. Love the international gateway and the easy entry there. We also have 3 days at Gran Destino club level which I realize might not happen. Waiting to see what happens there. Regardless, BWV is perfection at Christmas. I am ready!

I just booked a trip for DH and I in Oct @ VGF, our "rescheduled from June family trip" @ CCV in Dec and then DH and I are taking my cousin to WDW for the first time in Feb back at CCV...

SUPER EXCITED!!

Copper Creek has a lot going for it right now. All food service is open except for Artist Point and there is way less foot traffic than normal as only the DVC portion is open. Geyser Point is one of the best outdoor dining options too. My kids love the boat to MK and the decorations during holiday time can't be beat.

Copper Creek has a lot going for it right now. All food service is open except for Artist Point and there is way less foot traffic than normal as only the DVC portion is open. Geyser Point is one of the best outdoor dining options too. My kids love the boat to MK and the decorations during holiday time can't be beat.
I keep checking for availability :/

So we're not going in 2020, it's our off year on a every other year schedule, but in Jan 2021 we're going to okw for 15 nights, yes! Hopefully, as long as things don't go to hell. Bad thing is we were supposed to have kids and grandkids coming and that's not happening now, plus, first time in thirty years we're not going into the parks. Both looking forward to it and sad as to what it is... for now.

Swan in a week (preceded by HRH at U). After cancelling 3 trips this year already, just couldn’t bring myself to chance losing my points for this trip.

Thanksgiving weekend into December at AKV value studio. Generally my norm to stretch our points at that home resort anyway but figure it’s also a lessor hit if the trip doesn’t happen.

Sitting on more banked points than we’ve ever had but only have along weekend booked for 4th of July next year so far. Need to get something on paper Sooner vs later.

BWV 11/14-20. Booked at 11 months for Destination D, which was on the weekend. We then booked 2 nights at Poly Hotel room to be close to the Contemporary. When it was cancelled, we decided to keep the dates. Poly hotel room got moved to GF.

We are staying cash at CBR Jan 28-Feb 1 for a meet up because I have always wanted to stay there since first vising WDW :0), and then hoping for OKW Grand Villa in June with 7 of our 9 grandchildren because the points are right and it is more spacious for a big group.

OKW for thanksgiving. We cancelled our 4th of July trip and really the only other time we could go and avoid the kids missing too much school was during the holiday. My in-laws backed out of that trip because of the uncertainty of things so we are looking forward to have 5 in a 2BR - We will probably never want to stay in anything else.

In early December, we have Poly ( before we knew it would not have much open due to monorail being down there), VWL, and I finally have Kidani with girlfriends.
Well, we begin by HHI, stopping as we drive down. Then, we changed to VGF from Poly! The rest is the same VWL with DH, AND Kidani with girlfriends! I will be driving home with my friends!

We cancelled NYE. I became afraid there would be too many people for my comfort and safety.:o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter