So, who already has reservations for next summer?

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I do! We'll be staying at the Tropicana Inn and Suites. Originally it was going to be Grand Legacy because my parents wanted to stay there. When they said they weren't coming, I switched to Tropicana. I booked directly with them, but might cancel and book through Disneyland.com. That way I can make payments throughout the year and not have to use my credit card. I wish the Grand Californian was still affordable for me. The price of a standard room now is what I'd be willing to pay for a 2 bedroom suite there, but that will never happen. Lol.

I think next summer will be about the same crowds if not lower then this year. So it's a great time to go if you have not in a while

I think it will be the first year, I skip going through mainly because no new rides or attractions, even the new HM Q wont be open until after the summer. But once again, I think it will be a great time to go for shortist lines

I do! We'll be staying at the Tropicana Inn and Suites. Originally it was going to be Grand Legacy because my parents wanted to stay there. When they said they weren't coming, I switched to Tropicana. I booked directly with them, but might cancel and book through Disneyland.com. That way I can make payments throughout the year and not have to use my credit card. I wish the Grand Californian was still affordable for me. The price of a standard room now is what I'd be willing to pay for a 2 bedroom suite there, but that will never happen. Lol.
We just got back from the Tropicana a couple of weeks ago. It had been awhile since we’d stayed there and I was really happy with it! Planning to head back again next year, maybe back to the Tropicana, but might see if we can swing the Disneyland hotel for the first time! The difference in cost is huge so we’ll keep an eye out for discounts and see how it goes.

We just got back from the Tropicana a couple of weeks ago. It had been awhile since we’d stayed there and I was really happy with it! Planning to head back again next year, maybe back to the Tropicana, but might see if we can swing the Disneyland hotel for the first time! The difference in cost is huge so we’ll keep an eye out for discounts and see how it goes.
Look for a sale:

https://www.mousesavers.com/disneyl...sked-questions-about-disneyland/#newdiscounts

I got the 25% off summer sale this year for the GCH in August!! I made my reservation in January. The day the sale dropped I called Walt DIsney Travel Company and they applied the sale to my reservation. Saved a nice amount of money.

I do! Going in June. We were originally thinking of doing half onsite and half onsite, but since this will be our only Disney trip next year we decided to do the whole thing in the bubble. Right now I have 2 nights booked at Paradise Pier followed by 3 nights at the Grand Californian. The pricing was painful, but we'll be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and went to Disneyland on our honeymoon, so decided to splurge. I'm keeping an eye on what ends up happening with the PP retheme and may switch that to DLH. I love DLH and want to go back there, but we've got some Pixar-loving kiddos who have asked to try PP and we've never stayed there before, so trying to keep an open mind.

I do! Going in June. We were originally thinking of doing half onsite and half onsite, but since this will be our only Disney trip next year we decided to do the whole thing in the bubble. Right now I have 2 nights booked at Paradise Pier followed by 3 nights at the Grand Californian. The pricing was painful, but we'll be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and went to Disneyland on our honeymoon, so decided to splurge. I'm keeping an eye on what ends up happening with the PP retheme and may switch that to DLH. I love DLH and want to go back there, but we've got some Pixar-loving kiddos who have asked to try PP and we've never stayed there before, so trying to keep an open mind.
Sounds exciting! I'm also interested to see how PP looks following the re-theme. The new entrance to DCA is so wonderful, we used it a lot even when staying at GCH.

I have not stayed at PP since the way back - when it was called the Pan Pacific and then the Disneyland Pacific - before DCA even opened!

Sounds exciting! I'm also interested to see how PP looks following the re-theme. The new entrance to DCA is so wonderful, we used it a lot even when staying at GCH.

I have not stayed at PP since the way back - when it was called the Pan Pacific and then the Disneyland Pacific - before DCA even opened!
Yes, the new entrance looks great! Are folks able to use it if staying at DLH?

Crazily enough my biggest hesitation with PP is negative things I've heard about the elevators. Our youngest will be 3, so we will have a stroller and no option to take the stairs instead.

Crazily enough my biggest hesitation with PP is negative things I've heard about the elevators. Our youngest will be 3, so we will have a stroller and no option to take the stairs instead.
Yes, DLH guests have been able to use but this could change at any time. Same hesitation for us with PP - the elevators. We also have kids the same age and cannot always use stairs.

We stayed in PP last October and I was worried as well. We didn't have any trouble. I believe we were on the 6th floor? It wasn't the fastest elevator in the world, but it was fine. When there was a build up of people in the lobby they had a cast member keying in floor numbers and telling people which elevator to go to. Really not an issue, but if you're rope dropping I would factor in an extra 10 minutes just in case. It NEVER took that long for us (maybe 3-5 minutes max) but just to give yourself a buffer!

I almost always go for DL's birthday in July. At this point it's just a plan; I have a friend in HB I go with so I don't have to worry about a hotel unless I want to stay closer. I'm REALLY hoping to go this year for the birthday as I missed it last year.

I hope they do a really special 60th HM after hours birthday in 2029! I went to the 50th and we had a great time, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do another.

We stayed in PP last October and I was worried as well. We didn't have any trouble. I believe we were on the 6th floor? It wasn't the fastest elevator in the world, but it was fine. When there was a build up of people in the lobby they had a cast member keying in floor numbers and telling people which elevator to go to. Really not an issue, but if you're rope dropping I would factor in an extra 10 minutes just in case. It NEVER took that long for us (maybe 3-5 minutes max) but just to give yourself a buffer!

That makes me feel better, thanks! Of course, I also must admit that part of me is looking for a reason to go back to DLH instead lol.

We booked the Grand Californian for 3 nights the end of June before our trip to Kauai. We’ve never been to Disneyland, but have gone to Disney as a family 5 times now.

That makes me feel better, thanks! Of course, I also must admit that part of me is looking for a reason to go back to DLH instead lol.
Haha my feelings will not be hurt if you ignore my elevator intel 😂

We are going to do DLH for the first time in June for my fiancé's youngest's graduation! I'm so excited. She's been to WDW several times in the past few years but hasn't been to DL and I think she's going to love it.

Yes, DLH guests have been able to use but this could change at any time. Same hesitation for us with PP - the elevators. We also have kids the same age and cannot always use stairs.
The problem with booking so early is it leaves lots of opportunity to change decisions!

It now looks like grandma and grandpa might be coming, and we might be moving from the DLH to off-site. To be honest, I'm OKAY with this potential change. We will probably stay at the Tropicana, which is actually closer than DLH, and we'll likely book a two room park view suite for our family and another room for grandma and grandpa. The thought of having two rooms and two bathrooms with a 1 year old and 5 year old is probably more practical for this particular trip. It also saves us some money. We've stayed in this room type before and it has a balcony overlooking the park and the monorail, which is pretty cool, and being able to see fireworks is wonderful since at least one of our kids will have to go to sleep early.

Will look forward to the DLH again soon though. I have to be honest that the early entry change of moving to only one park per day has also made this decision even easier for us. We can move off-site and not be penalized by starting on a level playing field at the non-EE park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter