So who's waitlisting for December already

Originally booked 2 bedroom at SSR for 12/8 - 12/11, just switched at 7 month mark over to BCV, except waitlisted for last night of 12/10.

What do you think my chances are? It's a Sunday night. Send Pixie Dust!!! princess:

We are waitlisted for Dec. 3 through Dec 8 for a BWV 1 bedroom.
If we get our last 2 waitlisted nights of BW view, we will release Dec. 3 - 10 standard view 1 bedroom. Dominoes!

Fairly new to DVC and planning early Dec for the first time and had problems at work last week and early this week so by the time I called yesterday I could only get my last 2 nights at SSR in a studio had to waitlist the 1st 3, Dec 3, 4 & 5. Fortunately I was able to book a 1 bedroom for those nights but was hoping to save them for another trip in Jan 2007.
Does anybody think the three nights will open up at SSR or should I chalk this up as a lesson to call earlier? I was actually hoping to get OKW because of the two beds in the studio as I am treating my mother and aunt in Dec.

If i somehow get my waitlist at VWL, then a studio for the 5th -8th will open.
Penny

Got a 1 bedroom at BCV the week of Dec. 10. I called just a week ago (right before the 7 month window opened up).

Count us in! I waitlisted Monday morning for a 1 bdrm VWL (12/3-12/8). I had a 1 bdrm BCV booked at 11 months. Hope we get to switch to VWL but we'll be happy if we have to "stay at home" too! No way I'm doing day by day waitlist. We do not like to switch resorts during our stays. So I waitlisted for the entire stay. They did have ONE night available but didn't book that one.

We may not get VWL this way but we'll take our chances. If not, oh darn, we'll have to stay at the BCV.

It'll be interesting to see how many of us get our waitlist wishes and see how long it takes to get them.

I tried to book November 30th - December 5th at BCV in a studio. Only got December 1st and 2nd - waitlisted for the all other days! Really hoping it will go thru - it would be our first trip to WDW at Christmas time and we are really looking forward to it!! Throw some pixie dust our way........

HeatherAnne :) :) :)

I am on the waitlist for 2 2bedrooms at OKW for Dec., one for the 3-9 and one for the 3-10. Hope they come thru, otherwise I guess we will be happy at SSR which is already booked.

How hard to you think it would be to get a studio added on to either one three or four months out?? BIL's mom won't make a decision on whether to join us until then.

We've never had a problem having a waitlist come through during the first two weeks of Dec but had always been waitlisted for a 1BR. This year is our first attempt at a 2BR and I assume they will be harder to come by since there are fewer available. If all else fails we are booked at SSR.

I'm currently on the list for a studio (any resort). I currently have a 1 bedroom booked at SSR, but it's only going to be me be and my hubby Dec 3-9 and we only need a studio. Hopefully something will open up.

Chim Chiminy said:
I am on the waitlist for 2 2bedrooms at OKW for Dec., one for the 3-9 and one for the 3-10. Hope they come thru, otherwise I guess we will be happy at SSR which is already booked.

How hard to you think it would be to get a studio added on to either one three or four months out?? BIL's mom won't make a decision on whether to join us until then.

Hey, if my waitlist comes through for BCV on Dec.10, I will give up my 2BR at OKW. Keep those fingers crossed for both of us. :goodvibes

So far I gave up my 2BR at OKW for 12/11-12/15. I just need to call back 2 more days and book my last 2 nights. :cool1:

I hope I can get the 10th. Member services said she had the last 2 nights of my trip available. I only hope they still are tomorrow and the next day. The only downside is that I am in a 2 BR lock-off. I would have prefferred a dedicated but beggers can't be choosers!!!!!!!!

We are on the waitlist for a 1BR at BWV for Dec 10 - 15. We have reservations at our home resort of OKW, but we wanted to try a different resort if we can. When I called this afternoon, BWV, BCV, & VWL were all booked for 1BR on DEC 10, but they had 1BR availability for 11th - 15th.

I decided to only go on the waitlist for BWV (any view) for the full five days to avoid the chance of having to move after 1 night.

It's nice to know that even if the waitlist doesn't come through I still get to spend 5 nights at OKW in a 1BR.

Good Luck to the rest of you waiting!

Yesterday I switched a 1-BR at SSR to a 1-BR at VWL for all nights Dec 8-13 except Dec 10, for which we are on the waitlist now. I sure hope it comes through, because I don't want to move back and forth (as I'm sure no one does), but it seems a lot of folks are waiting for Dec 10 at one place or another.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Dec 10!

Ok, I am not the only one. Today Member Services even told me, the 10th of Dec. is totally busy. She didn't know why either. I thought Pop Warner ends on the 9th and I cannot understand why that night is soooo booked but I had no problems getting the rest of the week at the 7 month window. Does anyone know if I am missing something here?

I was trying to switch resorts for the previous week and was told Dec 3-4 were sold out too. I know it's the start of Pop Warner week but don't know why those two nights would be more sold out than the rest of the week.

Sometimes it is cheaper and more convenient to fly out on the Monday, rather than the Sunday. That, in conjunction with more people coming in for the week from the 10th-16th, probably inundated the system. I would not be suprised if the 17th was the same.

Good luck with the wait lists.

FWIW I got scared reading this thread and just booked a studio at VWL for 12/20 and 21, before the 7 month window opened. No waitlist needed for those nites, a Wed and Thurs.
I know, it's too crowded by then, but I seem to find myself there every year at the same time!

I must be having one heck of a great day. After hemming, hawing and investigating the system, I decided to make some changes for my December trip.

Originally I had 7 nights at Marriott Cypress Harbour with our timeshare but it was a Thursday - Thursday checkin. So extending to Disney 4 nights with an accessible unit meant burning weekend points on a one-bedroom and losing some valuable work days. So I called this morning, changed my Marriott week to a Sunday-Sunday check-in, then called Disney and got a Sun-Friday at Saratoga. I'm using 22 fewer points and staying an extra day (5 days). No charge with Marriott (actually done with Interval) and no problem with Disney. It took all of 30 minutes to change everything and confirm I have an accessible unit.

Oh, and along the way I discovered my wait list for a studio came through while I was waiting, but I changed that to a one bedroom instead. I've since cleared all my wait lists (SS studio, VWL, BCV) because I've warmed to the idea of staying "home" at Saratoga first time. (That means one less person begging for rooms Dec 7-11.)

And the best thing is I have 300 points to use next year. Now I have visions of a grand gathering for Halloween with my family (16 people minimum with 8 kids).

Final trip plans:
Marriott Cypress Harbour Dec 3-10; Disney Saratoga Springs Dec 10-15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter