Soarin' Ride After Refurbishment - What's It Like?

Totally disagree with the poster who said it was still bad. We went into theater C and it was flawless. The colors are brighter, not a single imperfection and the scents were outstanding. We were on the side in the third row. Worst row in my opinion. Not anymore. It was perfect!!!!
Poster said the queue still looked bad, not the ride.

Has anyone been in the old theaters? Have they cleaned or replaced the screens in there? My last trip there were stains all over like someone threw their bottle of Coke on to the screen. How about the projection? Everybody is asking about the new theater. Did they replace the projectors in the other two theaters as well? I hope so. If not then everyone will want to be seated in the new theater and moan and groan when they get stuck in the old ones.

I agree that the queue still looks like a death march. And those neon squiggly lights still look positively headache inducing. Definitely screams out for a run at RD or a FP.

Has anyone been in the old theaters? Have they cleaned or replaced the screens in there? My last trip there were stains all over like someone threw their bottle of Coke on to the screen. How about the projection? Everybody is asking about the new theater. Did they replace the projectors in the other two theaters as well? I hope so. If not then everyone will want to be seated in the new theater and moan and groan when they get stuck in the old ones.

All the theaters use the same digital projection now.

Does anyone know what the q length was when that picture was taken?

I'm not sure if that picture is the actual queue or the traditional morning parade of people walking to the ride? I have been part of that at RD in the past and it looked exactly like that. Most people appear to be in motion and there is quite a gap between people down at the bottom of the stairs.

That being said, I saw a posted standby time of 180 mins at 9:09. When I checked some lines apps in the afternoon the standby time was 90 mins.

And sorry but no way on earth would I spend 3 hours in a line for a what--10 minute ride???

And so no new movie-just nicer carpets and more clear film???

Are the new digital projectors similar to the ones in DCA? I rode at Epcot last May and at DCA last August, and the film quality was 1000% better at DCA...as were the standby waits. ;)

Are the new digital projectors similar to the ones in DCA? I rode at Epcot last May and at DCA last August, and the film quality was 1000% better at DCA...as were the standby waits. ;)
Yes, the new projectors are digital. In addition, the screen is better - smaller perforations and more reflective surface.

Happy to hear the good reviews. I can't wait to see the new Soarin' for the first time without that ugly line down the middle of the screen.

I rode twice today and it was amazing! Almost like a totally new ride. I was so happy for such an amazing farewell to my favorite and can't wait to catch the new film in July!

We have fp+ for 6/10 and 6/17. Glad I won't be standing in either standby line. Can't imagine how crazy 6/17 will be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter