Soarin'

It was the bestest before the redo. Now it's just good.

We went on this in July, and my 7 year old is a very analytical, logical Autistic kid. Doesn't believe in magic, had no desire to meet any character. He wasn't sure if we were really flying or not. That makes it pretty awesome to me.

Yup, that's how we feel too. The transitions between locations are really fake and predictable and the whole thing looks very digitally altered. I realize that it is, but honestly, it really looks like it's all cgi.

I do still love the ride structure though! The movie is meh.

Reactions: HM

Original Soarin or New Coke...er, I mean CGI Soarin?

evilgrin0007.gif

I'll go against the grain and say I like New Soarin better. CGI just doesn't bother me like it does some people. Really, the only way you know it's CGI is you know they didn't just happen to get that shot right when the baby elephant decided to act all cute. Otherwise it looks fine.

As for Soarin' being the bestest ride, well, it's not the Haunted Mansion, so no.

I thought the original was OK and it was not an absolute must do.

I absolutely ADORE Soarin' Around The World!
I rode it 3 times in 24hrs.
I can't wait to ride it again!

Oh no! This was one of my favorites. :(
Maybe I'm better off not riding the new version and just keeping the memories of the old version. Lol!

Oh no! This was one of my favorites. :(
Maybe I'm better off not riding the new version and just keeping the memories of the old version. Lol!
Oh, I think you should do it. Otherwise you won't know for sure what camp you're in. I'm glad I saw it, I just like the original better.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who misses the original! I like the new one, but just not as much. Soarin is my husband's favorite ride, and he liked the new version better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter