**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

Just booked a short weekend trip in November ( 3-6th) as an early birthday gift to myself. This will be my fourth solo trip and my fourth time ever going to Disney World. I have been trying to get my family to come but none seem excited these days. I am 35 and single but my relatives, parents, and others always bail lol. My mom is a Disney fan but refuses to come due to her fear of flying so that's why never comes.

Ohh I'll post here closer to dates but I'll also be in WDW November 3rd-5th for the Wine & Dine run! I'm only doing the 10k so I should be okay for a decent amount of park action. It'll be my first solo trip!

Originally I had booked an Art of Animation Little Mermaid Suite but I'm splitting the room cost with an acquaintance and based on their budget (and the lack of AP discounts on that room type,) we opted for one of the All-Stars instead. So I'm interested to see how transportation goes lol.

I have not been to Disney in 7 years.

I just booked a long weekend in September (8th-12th). It'll just be me, as hubby has a business trip out of the country.

Here's hoping our heat wave will die down a bit before then. I live in Tampa so I'm used to it, but still, this has been unseasonably hot.

Solo trip coming up...will be there on and off November 12-21. Good to get away from the cold up north.

I'm going to be at WDW from 1/12 - 1/21... 52 days from now! I went on a shorter solo trip last oct/nov and met some great folks randomly about 3 different times - asking for hand sanitizer ended up with me having a couple of tiki drinks at the poly with a couple of nice people from a place I'd previously never heard of, Erie, PA. It was just some good conversation over a drink or two and then we went on our way. Love it!

Anyhow, I don't actively meet folks from the internet but WDW is a different kind of place and environment so yeah, I guess if any other solos want to grab a drink or something shoot me a message! It's nice to have company for bits of a trip here and there.

Solo Trip starting tomorrow through 12/7. Staying at Port Orleans French Quarter again, one of my faves. There will be lots and lots of dining including Hobbit breakfastses because that's how I roll, and let us not forget glow-cube cocktails!

First post ever! Lifelong Disney fan and long-time Disney park-goer, first-time Disboards poster. I'm doing my first solo trip from 1/14-1/21 and would love to meet some fellow Disney park people. I'm male, 34, married, working in tech and my sister can't go with me so decided why not just go alone! Life is too short...

I'm going to be at WDW from 1/12 - 1/21... 52 days from now! I went on a shorter solo trip last oct/nov and met some great folks randomly about 3 different times - asking for hand sanitizer ended up with me having a couple of tiki drinks at the poly with a couple of nice people from a place I'd previously never heard of, Erie, PA. It was just some good conversation over a drink or two and then we went on our way. Love it!

Anyhow, I don't actively meet folks from the internet but WDW is a different kind of place and environment so yeah, I guess if any other solos want to grab a drink or something shoot me a message! It's nice to have company for bits of a trip here and there.
I'll be there! We should meet up for a drink.

I've been meaning to post this and keep forgetting. I hope it's allowed. Note to the mods: apologies if this isn't allowed. Just trying to be helpful.

I was widowed last January and in March I joined a Meetup group called "Walking for Fun at Disney" and it was the best thing I did. The group has about 5k members (not all active, many join in only when they're on vacation in Orlando) and there are a variety of events every week. I suggest anybody coming to WDW as a single join the group. You'd be surprised at how many lone travellers join us along the way when we're at American Gardens at Epcot for a concert. The group is friendly, welcoming to newcomers and a lot of fun. Members are all ages, ethnic backgrounds, married and singles, from different walks of life (some are cast members) and they all have one thing in common: they love Disney.

There are several groups on Meetup that focus on WDW. You could join a few just to see what they've got going while you're in town. Walking for Fun at Disney has movies almost every Tuesday night. Another group schedules miniature golf every Sunday morning. You should be able to find something to do, meet new people and not be alone the whole time.

Have fun while you're here. I hope the weather is better by then.

I'll be doing a quick solo trip Feb 28 to March 2. PM if anyone wants to meet up for a few drinks, food or drink at any of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter