Some disturbing Disney pricing info

Status
Not open for further replies.
No housing costs in Seattle are the biggest rip off known to man....

A 960 Sq. Ft. crackerbox at 837 NE 67 St.

$388,500 in 2010
$815,900 in 2015
$4,133,000 in 2016

The price increases are outrageous.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...-122.315268,47.676248,-122.319881_rect/17_zm/

:scared1: :faint:

Edit: now that I’ve recovered from that.....no wonder the companies there are desperate for workers. Who would want to move to an area with that kind of housing prices. That is absolutely insane. And when the housing market collapses again, what will happen to people who paid those prices?

Last edited:
Come back once promos for those dates are released and I bet someone will

I was being facetious. As I said, since the room refurb, I won't stay at the Values anymore. And we're booked into a great rate at Bonnet Creek.

I would have stayed at Riverside, but at a rack rate of around $250, I couldn't imagine that dropping below what we're paying now.

Gauging has never stopped consumers from buying. Ask the oil companies.
If people felt they were being gauged they wouldn't HAVE to buy Disney vacations. They have to buy gas. Don't try to say there are other options, some of us don't have mass transportation, so gas is the only option.

I was being facetious. As I said, since the room refurb, I won't stay at the Values anymore. And we're booked into a great rate at Bonnet Creek.

I would have stayed at Riverside, but at a rack rate of around $250, I couldn't imagine that dropping below what we're paying now.
And if you like Bonnet Creek, then great. Why worry about what Disney charges if you found something you like better?
Disney has to have guests who want to stay off site, they can't fit everyone on site anyway.

True. Though buying gas guzzlers isn't a necessity, yet people do it. Gauging isn't the right word. I consider gauging to be illegal. Disney is just trying to make money. I may not agree with their prices, but nothing illegal about it.
Then I don't see the problem. You have already chosen to not use Disney's options. The prices aren't disgusting just not acceptable to you but only because you don't like the decor in the refurbed rooms.

If people felt they were being gauged they wouldn't HAVE to buy Disney vacations. They have to buy gas. Don't try to say there are other options, some of us don't have mass transportation, so gas is the only option.

Agreed. I don't have an option. What I did have an option with was trading in my 4Runner for a Civic. Wasn't happy about it, but the amount I save in gas sure helps.

Discounts for summer will be out in the spring. Most of the time they can be applied to already existing reservations that qualify.
It's not that simple. When the discounts come out there are very limited availability. If you have a specific resort and time you are going the discount may not apply unless you are willing to switch one or the other. I have tried for my trips but was unable because I wasn't willing to change my resort.

Then I don't see the problem. You have already chosen to not use Disney's options. The prices aren't disgusting just not acceptable to you but only because you don't like the decor in the refurbed rooms.

At Values they aren't disgusting. $640 per night at the GF is. It's not just resorts. It's the tickets.

It's not that simple. When the discounts come out there are very limited availability. If you have a specific resort and time you are going the discount may not apply unless you are willing to switch one or the other. I have tried for my trips but was unable because I wasn't willing to change my resort.
Then that is a personal choice. You still had the option of saving money.

And for every guest that dislikes the new rooms you have at least one that likes them better. I hated the old gaudy, loud rooms but love the new sleek modern rooms. I wouldn't stay at FQ until they got rid of those awful rooms.
They can't win for loosing though since someone is always not happy.

And for every guest that dislikes the new rooms you have at least one that likes them better. I hated the old gaudy, loud rooms but love the new sleek modern rooms. I wouldn't stay at FQ until they got rid of those awful rooms.
They can't win for loosing though since someone is always not happy.

True. That's what makes the world go around. No right or wrong.

At Values they aren't disgusting. $640 per night at the GF is. It's not just resorts. It's the tickets.
Your initial post didn't even reference deluxe resorts. Those again are just another choice. There are price levels for the kind of room people are comfortable with paying. None of them are disgusting they are options available.

I think what is missing here is the realization that all of these things are luxury items that come with a luxury price tag. Vacations are not necessity

Then that is a personal choice. You still had the option of saving money.
Only by compromising what I want to do on vacation. I don't do that when I grocery shop either. I don't buy things just because there is a discount. I buy things because that is what I want.

Only by compromising what I want to do on vacation. I don't do that when I grocery shop either. I don't buy things just because there is a discount. I buy things because that is what I want.
That is a choice. I'm the opposite, I shop sales and deals and make it work. You can't say well I have to pay so much money and then chose not to take the savings offered

Not everyone has the luxury of not having a strict budget

That is a choice. I'm the opposite, I shop sales and deals and make it work. You can't say well I have to pay so much money and then chose not to take the savings offered
Yours is a choice also. I have not been complaining about how much I paid for my trip just that I didn't get a discount and that getting a discount is not as easy as you make it out to be. It works great if you don't care where you stay or when. That is my only point.

Yours is a choice also. I have not been complaining about how much I paid for my trip just that I didn't get a discount and that getting a discount is not as easy as you make it out to be. It works great if you don't care where you stay or when. That is my only point.

It's easy if you use the options provided you. If you chose to stay where it isn't offered or left out then you don't get it. That doesn't make it hard to get, it just makes it something you don't want.

We all make compromises when it comes down to it. Do I want to stay at the Poly, I sure do but I also want to stay for 9 nights instead of 2 so I compromise. There isn't anything wrong with that but we all make choices. You may want a discount but you want to stay when and where you want more. That doesn't make the discount hard to get just not high enough of a priority

Discounts are anomalies and nothing to plan by. I never paid more than $100 per night at a Value. I haven't seen it fall below $130 in a few years. To be fair, we go in July.

That being said, pricing is awful. There are always discounts to be had at certain times of the year. Off property as well. But when you consider what rack rates are now versus just 10 years ago, it's crazy. Ticket prices are even worse. Think about it....in just 10 years admission has basically doubled. That is insane.
I disagree about discounts. I go 2-3 times a yr & have the last 12 years & have been during all different times a yr & have never once paid rack rate for a room onsite.

Okay; ignore automotive and just take the CPI (Consumer Price Index) which has increased 245% since 1984.... so overall the cost of the "basket of goods" has increased more since 1984 than Disney World prices. $46 in 1984 to $129 now which is 180% increase; MUCH MUCH below CPI increase. This is even more important when you consider Disney is "non essential".

Stacy

The last thing Disney should want to be compared with is the auto industry. It's the biggest rip off known to man.

You simply can't point to much that has increased 100% in price in less than a decade. Even movie tickets haven't seen that large of an increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter