Some ILL$ attractions moved to regular Genie+ for the holiday

TiggerBouncy

DIS Veteran
Also they are letting resort guest in an hour early.

I wonder where all the complaints about maximizing profits are? Come on... explain to me how that fits the narrative?

Last edited:
Come on... explain to me how that fits the narrative?

Darn, that's effective the day after I leave.
I believe their wifi can't accommodate everyone trying to get on these headliner rides and the next 2 weeks over Christmas will be chaos if they don't modify things. They also don't have the staffing levels that they need for times like these. Maybe they are reading the Disboards. Note that it's only for the Christmas period, after that I assume things will reset.

Also they are letting resort guest in an hour early.

I wonder where all the complaints about maximizing profits are? Come on... explain to me how that fits the narrative?
It's nice to see a change that appears to be about actually improving guest experience. Too few of those recently. Also good news to me that they're willing to tweak how Genie+ works.

The narrative will be that they didn't actually want to do it, they were just pressured into it by all the DISboard and Twitter whining. 😎

Darn, that's effective the day after I leave.
I believe their wifi can't accommodate everyone trying to get on these headliner rides and the next 2 weeks over Christmas will be chaos if they don't modify things. They also don't have the staffing levels that they need for times like these. Maybe they are reading the Disboards. Note that it's only for the Christmas period, after that I assume things will reset.

Yeah, I wish it was being done permanently. It does seem stupid to me to have 2 ILL$ per park when one of those is hardly wildly new and absurdly popular. Maybe they will reconsider that.

It's good to note they can swing those back and forth with I assume a few configuration changes.

DISNEY… they r watching, and hearing ALL the Angst…now let’s Hope they re Listening and thinking on Change …
…Said a little birdie

Yeah may be they swung for the fences on what they could get away with, but probably heard or saw actual rejection between dumping FastPass for a pay system AND dumping ME AND raising ticket prices essentially in the same year (roughly, the ME thing is officially next year). Would have been easier to get that stuff through without dumping it all at once.

It may also be that they intentionally went hard so when they pulled back people would rush to say how relieved they are and accept it as a "happy middle".

I am just "discussing" that though, I have no clue why they did this or anything else, and am not a doom and gloom person of Genie+. I am actually kind of eager to try it and the paid lightning lanes when we go in February. I haven't had as much time with the FastPass system as some and didn't find it all that amazing. I don't live in Florida and back when we last went I even thought that I would rather pay an extra $10 and be able to guarantee I got to go on Smugglers Run fairly quickly rather than the two hours in standby (we went in November 2019, so there weren't alternatives yet).

I am bummed about ME going away though. I don't want to pay money just because Disney wants to keep more of what I am already paying them. I am just not that shy about paying for quicker access to a ride when I have such limited time at the park. But Disney needs to be sure it works that way and doesn't just create a different line with a long wait. :)

I always assumed we would see tweaks to the system in any case.

Me too. Isnt that always the way to do things? Swing high and you can always go lower if it’s not working out...now it seems they are making a decision that will help.

If it increases the number of GP+ sales, they might just leave it!

I wish they'd bring back regular fastpass that you can book in advance, even if you have to pay for it. I mean, you have to plan what park you're going to in advance, you need to plan table service meals in advance, it would be nice to know you'll be able to plan some rides and attractions around those dining reservations, instead of having them all pop up while you're eating, then they all disappear after lunch. Planning attractions around your meal time was a big advantage to FastPass +. It was such a mess during my last trip, we've decided to not plan any dining for our trip in June, and just do counter service. And we traditionally ALWAYS made a table service reservation around lunch time for every day we were in the parks.

I wish they'd bring back regular fastpass that you can book in advance, even if you have to pay for it. I mean, you have to plan what park you're going to in advance, you need to plan table service meals in advance, it would be nice to know you'll be able to plan some rides and attractions around those dining reservations, instead of having them all pop up while you're eating, then they all disappear after lunch. Planning attractions around your meal time was a big advantage to FastPass +. It was such a mess during my last trip, we've decided to not plan any dining for our trip in June, and just do counter service. And we traditionally ALWAYS made a table service reservation around lunch time for every day we were in the parks.
But that wouldn't be SPONTANEOUS........... :rolleyes:

I mean you have to plan the park your going to, your dinning reservation...... but why would you want to plan your rides out for the day!

I’m curious to see how this will affect availability for the other attractions now that there is an additional G+ ride in each park. We will be in MK tomorrow on the first day this starts. Glad to see Space is included in G+ while we are visiting!

This is an improvement. But unless you are doing rope drop and staying until you can't do any more, Genie+ has no value to those that like to sleep in on vacation and go later in the day.
It pisses me off that I can't select when I would like the LL. It only gives you next available. So I am forced to constantly check even when I am not in the park yet.

This was the 1st time I did not feel like I was on vacation. 6:50 wake up to snag a LL or VQ. Then I may not be able to go back to sleep because my 1st choice was selected micro seconds after 7 but my 2nd choice is not late enough in the day.

Wife and I go multiple times a year every other year. We just planned our next 3 years and Disney didn't even make it to the maybe list.

Me, too! Genie+ has no value to us at all I want to choose the times to fit our schedule. We did pay ILL once for RotR, but won't do that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter