Some Lounge Chairs now are bookable

There's no way Disney could add additional pools, slides, ect now, with it being DVC or could they? Does that even matter?

There's no way Disney could add additional pools, slides, ect now, with it being DVC or could they? Does that even matter?
I don’t think it being DVC is the problem— I think the bigger problem is that there isn’t too much real estate left for additional pools and slides—though maybe they could cram one or two more slides into the existing water area—it wouldn’t do much to fix the existing supply and demand imbalance for chairs.

I wonder if replacing some of the lounge chairs with standard chairs or even just cubbies (like they have near the slides) would help. A lot of people who never even intend to use the chairs throw their stuff down (me included—one chair only!) to keep it dry while in the pools. In theory, they could switch to a policy where 20m is the longest you can leave a chair unattended and encourage people to use cubbies for storage while swimming. People would be pissed at first (I’m sure) but then they’d actually be able to find chairs upon exiting!

I don’t think it being DVC is the problem— I think the bigger problem is that there isn’t too much real estate left for additional pools and slides—though maybe they could cram one or two more slides into the existing water area—it wouldn’t do much to fix the existing supply and demand imbalance for chairs.

I wonder if replacing some of the lounge chairs with standard chairs or even just cubbies (like they have near the slides) would help. A lot of people who never even intend to use the chairs throw their stuff down (me included—one chair only!) to keep it dry while in the pools. In theory, they could switch to a policy where 20m is the longest you can leave a chair unattended and encourage people to use cubbies for storage while swimming. People would be pissed at first (I’m sure) but then they’d actually be able to find chairs upon exiting!
I would absolutely support those ideas!

I remember walking from a mass of humanity and survival of the fittest manifestation at Aulani to a scarcely populated Marriott and being shocked at what being a “Disney” property does to guests….
Yup! That effect has been keeping Disney in business for years now.

why not go to the lagoon 1 and rent a chain there ? There are plenty vendors in the area that will bring chair for you in the morning and pick-it up in the evening.
I haven’t really had an issue finding a chair on the beach… and I’m not sure there is a lot of free space… but a beach umbrella….

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1167.jpeg
    IMG_1167.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 29

I called yesterday to see if any cabanas or casabellas were available for our trip - they weren’t. I asked about the lounge chairs in front of AMA AMA and the CM didn’t have any idea what I was walking about. 🤷‍♀️ We are only going to be there for one night and will be spending at least 5 hours at the spa on our first day, so we will do all of our lounging then.

I remember walking from a mass of humanity and survival of the fittest manifestation at Aulani to a scarcely populated Marriott and being shocked at what being a “Disney” property does to guests….

The Marriott pool areas are no slouch either. As nice as Aulani? No. Unique to Hawaii? Nope…. but nice none the less.
Survival of the fittest manifestation?! Ugh.... First Aulani trip scheduled for May and this thread is quite a bummer to read. We're planning to explore the island and off property beaches quite a bit, but I hate the idea of having to fight the masses for seats when we return in the afternoon. I guess we'll be on towels on the beach, because I don't want to deal with that. Talk about a buzzkill to your island getaway!

Last edited:
I’ve never found it that that. Chair around 8am no problem. Or afternoon nap time lots of chairs open up. but you do have to follow the one hour rule. which frankly is not difficult. Don’t fret all will be fun and relaxing.

Great to hear - thank you!! How about the beach chairs? Are those a problem/challenge as well, or is it primarily chairs around the pool(s)?

Last edited:
Survival of the fittest manifestation?! Ugh.... First Aulani trip scheduled for May and this thread is quite a bummer to read. We're planning to explore the island and off property beaches quite a bit, but I hate the idea of having to fight the masses for seats when we return in the afternoon. I guess we'll be on towels on the beach, because I won't be dealing with that nonsense. (Please don't tell me I'll be fighting for towel space too!)
Talk about a buzzkill to your island getaway!
I think it depends on when you travel there. I would guess May would be a bit more relaxed than June - August, Fall Break, Winter Holidays…..

I think it depends on when you travel there. I would guess May would be a bit more relaxed than June - August, Fall Break, Winter Holidays…..
Yep agreed! We were there between 1st -2nd week of December, we didn't have any issues with chairs.

I did, however, follow the advice that I read on here (pretty sure it's from this forum), weekends are guaranteed more crazy vs weekdays. So I intentionally planned our Friday & Saturday away from Aulani and did our resort days on a weekday and Sunday instead, and it worked out perfectly. On Saturday, when I did my morning run/walk before 7am, there were already significantly more people holding chairs. By the time I got back to the pool areas, it was barely 8am and it was way busier than 10am on a weekday. If your travel dates are flexible, I highly recommend this "solution" and you will enjoy your resort days a lot more.

There are always chairs to be had on the beach. You can usually find chairs up by the pools as well. Especially if you don't mind partial shade.

The chairs that are hard to claim are the chairs in the sun in the first row next to the pools. Parents with little kids that they need to keep an eye on while they splash snag those up fast - and good for them for being responsible.

Weekends are more crowded for sure, but the chair issue always seems overblown on this forum compared to what we have experienced when we go.

Last edited:
There are always chairs to be had on the beach. You can usually find chairs up by the pools as well. Especially if you don't mind partial shade.

The chairs that are hard to claim are the chairs in the sun in the first row next to the pools. Parents with little kids that they need to keep an eye on while the splash snag those up fast - and good for them for being responsible.

Weekends are more crowded for sure, but the chair issue always seems overblown on this forum compared to what we have experienced when we go.
Been here all week, zero chair problems at the pool and on the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter