• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Morning :wave2: Mac, Lynne, Schumi and Tink and all the other Sans homies that are still sleeping or working.

Lynne love the picks of the Dragon on Gringotts......that is my favorite ride.....ice cream for breakfast is allowed on vacation for sure.

PB is my favorite Resort. It looks like you have a lovely view.

I do like having the Starbucks close by....have to admit I do like my coffee from there.

Rooftop bar at Aventura sounds like it will be popular....the view looks like it will be amazing.

She is going to be President of the Key Club this year. It is one of the top community clubs here. The only problem is it is just getting started back up it hasn't had good success in the past. Liv has to recruit new members, so they had her speak at Freshman orientation last night and boy was she nervous:scared:...She only had to talk about a minute or so but that was enough to make her stomach sick. She practiced her little speech about an hour and a half. In the end the three of us went with her to support her and she did just fine:thumbsup2... I suggested to her to take a college public speaking class this year. It did wonders for me years ago!

Congratulations to your daughter on getting Key Club President this year. As she speaks more she will master it. She has a mom who is a great listener and fantastic support system.

Charade.....happy shopping for B's things for school.

Tink hope work is not to bad today.....just think vacation is coming soon :dogdance:

Monyk sending prayers for your doggie.

I almost had DH get our fall/halloween stuff down when he was running cable in attic this weekend...
DH is on board with HHN trip, now it is the middle who doesn't want to go. I get missing school etc (will be 2 whole days, and 1/2 day), but she really really needs to learn to let some stuff go. She puts way too much pressure on herself and it is resulting in anxiety and depression (and trying to find an appointment time to meet with psychiatrist is proving difficult as most appointments are during school hours!).

I did get a few pieces of Halloween things out already....will hold out on the rest for a few days.

It is hard sometimes for children who are in school to find the balance of both enjoying the experience of school while excelling. I think it is harder now today. She will be ok....she has a mom who sees what she needs and is willing to help her find a balance...:hug:

I have a Dentist appointment this afternoon....not my favorite thing to do, but necessary.

Last edited:
Well, after a bit of a delay today, our new extra large shed is now up and looking rather grand. We were a bit worried, even though it is sat on its own away from the main house, we would think it too big.......but it’s fine!! Looks good too........for a shed!!!

Now to fill it........not my job...........thankfully!!!

Decorating almost finished........looking fabulous though already........I used to enjoy painting, but seeing the experts do it is so much easier and they do a much better job than I ever could..........

House is dusty though........will be like that till it’s all done I suppose.........

Tomorrow is last day of painters, and made a hair appointment today for cut and blow dry.....can’t wait another almost three weeks.........think I’m going to get layers cut back in again.........:scratchin Hope I like it..........

Now to think about what’s for dinner later.......hmmmm. No clue..........

Oh and Christmas cards on shelves in card stores here..........:sad2:

What? Nothing like hurrying the year away Schumi. Glad the house and yard are looking fabulous. I agree, I painted when we first bought our house. Now, I will hire someone to do it. Same with refinishing the floors.

Hot and now more overcast.

Hello everyone. We are having an absolutely gorgeous day today. 75 degrees, sunny, and low humidity. I went out on my lunch break just to enjoy it for a while. Unfortunately I have to go back inside in a few minutes.

I just looked at my odometer and I’m one mile away from hitting 10,000.

Hello!!:wave2:
Rainy here today, cool start to morning. Has been gorgeous with lower temps, sun and low humidity past few days. Weatherman promises summer isn't over yet, though, with return to 90's and humidity this weekend and all next week. Ham and beans for lunch today at - the cook here is very good, but not my favorite meal. Ate enough to take hunger off, save me some calories at least.

Sept 18 - 25
That bar looks amazing!!
Pinned DH and DD down last night and made them decide if we are going for HHN or not-DH decided he couldn't get away, but DD-once she realized it wasn't Disney-said yes. So booked our flights last night:cool1::cool1::cool1:! Good thing too, as the Frontier sale ended and prices are double each way now! I have been working - between reserving rental car, parking at airport, and checking into hotels. Unfortunately I waited too long to get a decent price (or one I am willing to pay!) to stay onsite at Universal. Not when I can get a 2 bed condo(with our extra TS accommodation certificate) for ~25% of what a single room onsite would cost. This has to be a bit more budget trip so I am willing to drive to/from to make this happen.

Dates 9/20-9/24-probably Westgate Lakes (Sheraton Vistana villages is also available for same price but it's a bit further I think). Unsure on which night we will do HHN-something about PH getting early access to select nights? Saw the mailer, and said it will be an RSVP/sign up thingy.

Little one’s shot.
Nice!! Dragon wasn't breathing fire-rumble and roar but no fire- in June, and didn't see it in August either but didn't spend lots of time in DA in August.

Monyk sending prayers for your doggie.
Thanks! he is still hanging in there, slow but eating a bit. When he gets something he likes-like the pot roast all warm and juicy from being heated up last night.
Going to pet store after work to see if they have doggie Ensure. He is still drinking enough and wonder if he'd take that. And to get a can of pumpkin because I know he loves that.

So excited to get to a trip with my middle!! I have done several now with the oldest, and got a mini time away with son last year august (technically oldest was around but was busy with her DCP check in so we didn't see her much) so she is due! :jumping1:

Now to fill it........not my job...........thankfully!!!
Ha-if Tom is anything like my DH that shed will be filled in no time:thumbsup2

Suppose I should get back to work...lunch is over.

Hello!!:wave2:
Rainy here today, cool start to morning. Has been gorgeous with lower temps, sun and low humidity past few days. Weatherman promises summer isn't over yet, though, with return to 90's and humidity this weekend and all next week. Ham and beans for lunch today at - the cook here is very good, but not my favorite meal. Ate enough to take hunger off, save me some calories at least.

That bar looks amazing!
Pinned DH and DD down last night and made them decide if we are going for HHN or not-DH decided he couldn't get away, but DD-once she realized it wasn't Disney-said yes. So booked our flights last night:cool1::cool1::cool1:! Good thing too, as the Frontier sale ended and prices are double each way now! I have been working - between reserving rental car, parking at airport, and checking into hotels. Unfortunately I waited too long to get a decent price (or one I am willing to pay!) to stay onsite at Universal. Not when I can get a 2 bed condo(with our extra TS accommodation certificate) for ~25% of what a single room onsite would cost. This has to be a bit more budget trip so I am willing to drive to/from to make this happen.

Dates 9/20-9/24-probably Westgate Lakes (Sheraton Vistana villages is also available for same price but it's a bit further I think). Unsure on which night we will do HHN-something about PH getting early access to select nights? Saw the mailer, and said it will be an RSVP/sign up thingy.

Nice!! Dragon wasn't breathing fire-rumble and roar but no fire- in June, and didn't see it in August either but didn't spend lots of time in DA in August.

Thanks! he is still hanging in there, slow but eating a bit. When he gets something he likes-like the pot roast all warm and juicy from being heated up last night.
Going to pet store after work to see if they have doggie Ensure. He is still drinking enough and wonder if he'd take that. And to get a can of pumpkin because I know he loves that.

So excited to get to a trip with my middle!! I have done several now with the oldest, and got a mini time away with son last year august (technically oldest was around but was busy with her DCP check in so we didn't see her much) so she is due! :jumping1:

Ha-if Tom is anything like my DH that shed will be filled in no time:thumbsup2

Suppose I should get back to work...lunch is over.

Fabulous you have your trip sorted for September!!! And nice hit on flight prices!! Everything will fall into place now and you’ll get your dates sorted for HHN!!!

Pleased doggy is doing ok.......hope he continues to do so..........:hug:

Lol........Yes, this shed may be large......but it will be filled I’m sure ::yes::.....our gardener has already been round to check it out........I can see him and Tom sitting on two comfy seats with a beer and talking all things garden stuff.........and football!! Lights and electric go in tomorrow.......

I’m still waiting for the bar to be fitted before it appeals to me more :laughing:

Lynne.....I just posted that same picture a day or so ago!!! How funny..........:thumbsup2

Rum mule is on order apparently..........DH says he just fancies one.......although right now he is away down to admire his shed!!! He’ll be back when the rain starts again..........

Super news that Monyk will be hitting hhn this year.
Not close to my dates but sure she will find other homies that will be there when she is

Yay for meet ups! Hope so anyways. And a good friend and fellow DCP alumni of my age (not DD’s) lives in Orlando and hoping to catch up with her too. Didn’t get a chance to meet in June or August this year.

Second guessing staying farther away although will have rental car regardless. It’s only a couple miles but debating on Drury Inn closer or LaQuinta closer. Pass has the free parking but not sure if it applies on HHN nights as I’ve seen conflicting info. Guess I’ll call tomorrow...

While I’d really like to squeeze in a MNSSHP (really enjoyed it last year) I have a feeling dd is going to want to do a second night of HHN; AP discounts make it a few dollars cheaper than Mickey...

And dog update: no doggie ensure in store, but did pick up a can of specialty (and expensive) dog food for him to try, along with the pumpkin treats he likes. Well he won’t eat the pumpkin treats but on his second bowl of the dog food. It’s only about 1/2 the can total, but he’s actually licking the bowl. As he’s eaten hardly anything for days I think that’s all I’m giving him for now. DH is going to get some more cans tomorrow. Being the nutritionist I picked the non GMO, preservative free ,real food, gluten free, made with wild boar and turkey stuff. Figures the dog has gourmet taste...

Friend is singing with both a Tom Petty tribute band and Paul Simon tribute band tomorrow, concert to raise money for a community of tiny houses for homeless population. It’s been wildly successful but each house costs $35k. Taking middle dd as she loves loves Paul Simon and the tribute band is so good- full brass section. Love their version of The Obvious Child.

Hope Lynne has got her sun and heat!

Time for bed...the glass of wine I was able to have thanks to no kid activities is knocking me out

Good morning everyone.
Today we have someone coming to measure B’s little room for new flooring. She’s supposed to be her between 9:30 and 11:00. Don’t have anything planned for the rest of the day until B gets out of school and then we will go shopping for her new shoes.

MonyK- So glad to hear your dog is eating and seem to be feeling better.

Lynne - Keep tthe pictures coming.

Gotta run.

EBFB25AA-BEA3-46C3-9C73-FBBBE2DAE551.jpeg

Robo, this one is for you. Pumpkins making their appearance in the park.

Morning all. Just some park time before spending the night with Mickey.

Storm came around dinner last night. So what did we do around 7:30? Yep, caught the bus to Volcano Bay, waited out the all clear, and just before 8, all clear and an hour of no line slides and the last 2 sliders to close the park down. Then a 10:30 dinner in City Walk, with little one remarking why so many eating at this hour. Short line for a donut to enjoy as waiting for boat.

Later homie, little one just got some iced coffee. Time to people watch as little one getting ready to ride with Hulk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter