Something About Nothing ... #12

images
- had to look up what a quince was, Schumi. Not popular here. Never seen it in our produce section. Either way, as said the fruit of love, I'd use that jelly on toast.

All this food talk. Hungry, now. Eek, and not even lunch time, yet.

images
- had to look up what a quince was, Schumi. Not popular here. Never seen it in our produce section. Either way, as said the fruit of love, I'd use that jelly on toast.

All this food talk. Hungry, now. Eek, and not even lunch time, yet.

Yep, not so popular over here either......some young uns haven't even heard of it as a fruit...….nothing like making you feel old!! It was lovely though......I must have a search and see if I can find it again...….my grandma had loads of fruit trees and all of her jams, jellies and chutney`s were all home made, every one.....

I miss that time all those years ago sitting with her in her huge kitchen with massive big pots of things bubbling away......memories are wonderful :sad:

We were able to snag tickets for the UOAP sneak preview of the movie this past Tuesday!! It was great!! You're gonna love it!!

I am officially jealous!!!!!

And I don't ever get jealous of anyone :rotfl:

We cannot wait to see it.....well, I`m terrified if truth be known.....I always have nightmares and spook myself silly after watching them......I imagine seeing shadows everywhere and it`s always Michael Myers ::yes::....Tom is overjoyed at the thought of it!!! :laughing:

Actually we`ve just seen the original Halloween is on one of the movie channels tonight in less than an hour...……:scared1: so trip report post I was doing cut in half......will finish second part of that one tomorrow……..priorities!!!

But, glad you enjoyed it...…...I`ve been watching interviews with EVERYONE involved...….and follow a few on Twitter......I am so darn excited for this one!!!

Ahhhh, biscuits. The only thing I have been craving.

I would go with apple jelly.

We use quinces around here for pie. I think most everyone has a tree in their backyard.

So, original Halloween was good..........scary, but good....

We hadn’t planned to have a drink tonight, but when DS came home half way through the movie, he went through to where we keep our wine and brought me back a large glass of red........lol.....he never goes in there as he doesn’t drink! He picked a nice one too........

Might help me sleep tonight!

Have a good night ladies.........

Finally getting a chance to sit down and post. So one of the guys from the deck company showed up at 8:30 this morning. I wasn't expecting him quite that early, but I won't complain. He finished up the last of the demo today. Every day this week I have gone home for lunch. Today I decided just to run out and grab some fast food. I had just gotten back to the office when dh called. J (the deck guy) thinks he's tripped a circuit breaker. I went home, checked the breaker box, and nothing. There is no power to the outlet on the front of my house and no power to the outlet on my garage wall. This has happened once before. I finally have J plug his tools into the outlet that the garage door opener is plugged into. I go on Facebook and ask for recommendations for an electrician. I get a name and number. I call the guy and explain the problem. He tells me that it sounds like a ground fault receptacle and I should look for an outlet that has a reset button. I press the reset button on the outlet in the main bathroom and voila, we have power to the other 2 outlets again. I'm calling this guy when we are ready to have some wiring redone. (We have a 3 way switch that doesn't work properly and also want to have some other minor re-wiring done.)Tomorrow we should see new construction on the deck.

Where do you guys host your pictures?
I have been using tinypic.com. It's a free site, but I think it is owned by photo bucket, so it may not stay free forever. I don't post a lot of pictures, so it works well for me.

Charade story of my life waiting for workers on jobs being completed at my house
Had a heck of a time on one of the rooms we had wood floors put down

Learned not to use a company if I could not get 3 recommendations

The man that is doing our deck repairs, did others in our neighborhood
He started the day after I left on vacation and is still finishing the job.

He is great but slow and only working partial days as he has other houses he is working on at the same time

Hope your deck job gets started and done soon

Hope all the homies are doing fine

I hope you get your deck finished soon. We had enough trouble just getting people to come out and give us estimates. I don't think we would have been able to get 3 recommendations for anyone.

Ack, it is not cream cheese if it isn't in that Philadelphia block. Rye toast, matzo, and bagels are the food of choice I use cream cheese on.
I am the only one in my family who eats cream cheese as a spread. Gotta have it on a bagel.

Came out of uni and went for eye test...…..eyes are still perfect with no changes!! Yay...….
Lucky you. My eyes seem to get a little worse each year.

View attachment 359153 - goes well with cream cheese.... LOL
Chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Yum!

I suppose I should start thinking about making supper. If I ever come into a lot of money I am going to hire a personal chef.

We were able to snag tickets for the UOAP sneak preview of the movie this past Tuesday!! It was great!! You're gonna love it!!

Wow! that's great!:thumbsup2

We cannot wait to see it.....well, I`m terrified if truth be known.....I always have nightmares and spook myself silly after watching them......I imagine seeing shadows everywhere and it`s always Michael Myers ::yes::....Tom is overjoyed at the thought of it!!! :laughing:

Can't wait to hear all about it!! 'cause I'm too wimpy to see it myself!:laughing:

Ahhhh, biscuits. The only thing I have been craving.

I would go with apple jelly.

We use quinces around here for pie. I think most everyone has a tree in their backyard.

Never had quince either. Our grocery stores sell so many specialty items but have never seen quince. Apple jelly- yum!:goodvibes

Tomorrow we should see new construction on the deck.

Great news, Charade!:cool1:

Pizza night here! And some tv! I'm feeling hibernation mode setting in! In summer, I'd be outside until dark which was 9 pm. Now, I just want to sit in front of the tv after work.

Can't wait to hear all about it!! 'cause I'm too wimpy to see it myself!:laughing:

Never had quince either. Our grocery stores sell so many specialty items but have never seen quince. Apple jelly- yum!:goodvibes

I’m petrified to see it if truth be known, but since I was 11 this film has haunted me......:rotfl: but I love it at the same time,........ now putting off going to bed......lol.....

Yes, quince is a very old fashioned fruit.......no one is interested in it today......so many other better fruits to use for jams, jellies and pies.....

We have what we lovingly call our orchard with 3 types of apples, pears and plums........can’t ask for more! The yield this year has been phenomenal..........the lady who has the farm next to us does take them all that we don’t use and turns them into all sorts of goodies.......we do get a few treats as a thank you!

Almost bed time here........:thumbsup2

OK, somewhere between an apple and a pear is where I would put it.

I hate pears except for the asian variety which is why I probably didn't think of that.

Charade, yea for your deck work getting started early today.

My deck is completed with the exception of staining to be finished.
The rain days we had delayed the work but the structual work is now completed.

Thanks for all the DD Bday wishes!
Ugh Charade on the deck-glad he showed up now. We have a weird outlet like that too. Our house-though new-was wired a bit weird.

Cream cheese debate-um the only cream cheese dip is the crack ball-dried beef, green onion, worcester (however that is spelled lol).

Went to bed before the kids last night was so tired.

Fall crisp days here. Has been sunny but rain supposed to come back tomorrow.
Stopped by local store to get milk (only like milk from specific dairy and only 2 stores in town carry it). Tired brain grabbed milk and bag of local salad greens. Why salad greens I don't know-haven't done much grocery shopping before or after vacation, and we've been gone so much haven't needed to shop much. Thought I should probably attempt to cook tonight-tons of eggs, bits and pieces of cheese and deli ham and couple onions,chopped a potato, garlic=frittata + salad (glazed some pecans, had feta in fridge, chopped an apple and made maple balsamic dressing). Sounds fancy but was super easy and quick!

Boy hollering for a tuck in-
Night all!

Mac & Charade- glad the deck work is moving along!! :)

Hope Schumi is sleeping well:)- with all the anticipation of the movie tomorrow night!

I hope they don't have a Michael Myers at Frightfest tomorrow night!:scared1:

frabz-SLEEP-WELL-TONIGHT-ITS-ALMOST-HALLOWEEN-3677de.jpg

Charade, yea for your deck work getting started early today.

My deck is completed with the exception of staining to be finished.
The rain days we had delayed the work but the structual work is now completed.

Fantastic!!! Always good to see a job well done...…..always imagine where you live to be sunny all the time, it`s such a beautiful place......:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the DD Bday wishes!
Ugh Charade on the deck-glad he showed up now. We have a weird outlet like that too. Our house-though new-was wired a bit weird.

Cream cheese debate-um the only cream cheese dip is the crack ball-dried beef, green onion, worcester (however that is spelled lol).

Went to bed before the kids last night was so tired.

Fall crisp days here. Has been sunny but rain supposed to come back tomorrow.
Stopped by local store to get milk (only like milk from specific dairy and only 2 stores in town carry it). Tired brain grabbed milk and bag of local salad greens. Why salad greens I don't know-haven't done much grocery shopping before or after vacation, and we've been gone so much haven't needed to shop much. Thought I should probably attempt to cook tonight-tons of eggs, bits and pieces of cheese and deli ham and couple onions,chopped a potato, garlic=frittata + salad (glazed some pecans, had feta in fridge, chopped an apple and made maple balsamic dressing). Sounds fancy but was super easy and quick!

Boy hollering for a tuck in-
Night all!

Love maple balsamic dressing!!!!! It`s breakfast time here but boy I can taste that!!! Sounds good though MonyK……….

Mac & Charade- glad the deck work is moving along!! :)

Hope Schumi is sleeping well:)- with all the anticipation of the movie tomorrow night!

I hope they don't have a Michael Myers at Frightfest tomorrow night!:scared1:

frabz-SLEEP-WELL-TONIGHT-ITS-ALMOST-HALLOWEEN-3677de.jpg

I slept great!!!!! Nice glass of wine made sure of that...……...:thumbsup2

It`s Friday...……….

So excited for tonight and seeing the Halloween movie finally...……..

And this`ll be me...……..only I wouldn't spill any!!!!!!

Lunch with friends today...….meeting them quite early though as they have plans later in the day...…

Hope everyone has a great and Happy Friday...………

And another big hello and shout out to our friends Janet and Wendy...………...:wave2:

images
LOL, yep, Halloween is getting closer, and glad Schumi going to see it. Hope your lunch was enjoyable, and hope you also enjoy the movie tonight.

and right,
images
- oh yeah,
images
. So glad, work week is almost done, and a cool, and rainy week-end in store. No matter, no early rising needed, and that's a win in my book.

Since the rain is coming later on Saturday, little one wants to brave the cool, and visit the zoo. I'm up for it, treats given out, Boo at the Zoo starts this week-end. Have to remind her, we need to get there early. Very popular week-ends, when Boo at the Zoo is held. Then sigh, high predicted on Sunday is 49. Yep, not even 50. And sniff, was a 38 degree commute. Heated seat, and 77 degree car. Yep, I'm a wimp.

And for Wendy, Keisha, and any other homie - upload_2018-10-19_7-26-9.jpeg. Sending more good thoughts that all will be feeling well soon.

With that, tea is call me, and a funny,

images
::yes::

pug::dogdance:

TGIF all!!

Cool and damp weekend here, too Lynne! Hoping to get in a little Halloween fun at Frightfest tonight! Boo at the zoo sounds fun!:thumbsup2

Off to work for a couple of hours then the afternoon with my mom! Hair salon, grocery shopping, & banking! :goodvibes

TGIF.png

Have a great day everyone!!

Finally Friday and Schumi gets to see Michael!

She will have sweet dreams tonight

Special thoughts and well wishes for Keisha and agavegirl

Miss you both here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter