Something About Nothing ... #12

Good evening everyone. I am not a happy homie today. Back on October 4 we had some demo done on our deck. The owner of the company said they would be back on Tuesday. Well, Tuesday came and went along with several other days. Yesterday I called the company to see when we could expect them to return. Dh got an email from the owner stating that 2 workers would be back at our house today. Well, guess what...yep, no workers today either. When I got home today dh was composing a carefully worded email to the company owner. We understand that the weather has been bad and emergencies come up, but they at least need to give us the courtesy of letting us know when they can’t come and offer to reschedule.

Sorry for the vent. Just needed to let it out somewhere.

And just got our first Christmas party invitation,
Wow, seems so early. We recently got an invitation for Thanksgiving dinner and that seemed soon to me too.

And we have no Yankee Candles in the house! None.......not quite sure how that happened......so, plan to go stock up......although will buy loads when in Orlando........love getting the new ones there not out in the UK yet.
In an odd coincidence B’s dance studio is doing a Yankee Candle fundraiser. You would probably love the Yankee Candle store in Williamsburg, Virginia. It is huge.

Speaking of jelly, is it weirder that I like strawberry jelly on the $1 sausage biscuits I get from McD's or that I only like the sausage biscuits when I put strawberry jelly on them? I tried grape once, but it didn't really add any flavor to it like the strawberry does.
Strawberry is my jelly of choice. I don’t put jelly on sausage biscuits though.

Sweet 16 birthday yesterday for my middle.

yebyt.jpg

Last edited:
Tired, so tired. How come my tea doesn't have vodka in it

Hey- sounds good to me! :laughing:

:bday: to DD Monyk!!!

two popular appetizers down here are block of cream cheese with pepper jelly ( it’s made with bell peppers) on top and another is cream cheese with cocktail sauce & baby shrimp on top. Both served with crackers. Sounds weird but really yummy!!

Those sound wonderful!:thumbsup2

t has been cold and rainy the past two days here. Have begun to mark off my calendar because my trip is coming up soon. Suitcase needs to come out.

Yay on getting suitcases out:cool1:

Can we maybe get a loose before you go thread? Networking with others can really be helpful.

I definitely need help getting my eating habits in check so I can lose some pounds! It's so much easier when you're not going it alone!:)

yum for the cheesecake

Yum! Ok -I have no willpower! I'm talking about trying to eat better then WHAM I read cheesecake and I'm craving it!!:laughing:

Sorry for the vent. Just needed to let it out somewhere.

That's terrible Charade! Working with contractors can definitely get challenging at times:crazy2: I hope the company gets their act together and gets the job done soon!:thumbsup2 sending:goodvibes your way!

Quiet night here! Tv and a glass of spiced rum!:love:

Good night all!!

Good-Night-Everyone.jpg

Skylock, some on this thread are really good on posting pictures

I’m sure some of them can answer your question about that

I use my phone much of the time and feel so limited on what I know how to do somethings
When on my iMac I’m better in quoting and basics

That’s a great story on the volunteering to give up your seat for those perks
You scored big!

Charade story of my life waiting for workers on jobs being completed at my house
Had a heck of a time on one of the rooms we had wood floors put down

Learned not to use a company if I could not get 3 recommendations

The man that is doing our deck repairs, did others in our neighborhood
He started the day after I left on vacation and is still finishing the job.

He is great but slow and only working partial days as he has other houses he is working on at the same time

Hope your deck job gets started and done soon

Hope all the homies are doing fine

Just got an email from the contractor/owner apologizing for the delays and promising we will have their full attention starting tomorrow. I’m at the I’ll believe it when I see it stage. I will report back tomorrow.

I definitely need help getting my eating habits in check so I can lose some pounds! It's so much easier when you're not going it alone!:)

Yum! Ok -I have no willpower! I'm talking about trying to eat better then WHAM I read cheesecake and I'm craving it!!:laughing:

Good-Night-Everyone.jpg

Feel free to pm me. Cheese cake can be allowed. In fact, I just bought a insta pot cheescake pan for my niece for her shower because she has joined in with me. She needs to drop a few pounds before the wedding.

Feel free to pm me. Cheese cake can be allowed. In fact, I just bought a insta pot cheescake pan for my niece for her shower because she has joined in with me. She needs to drop a few pounds before the wedding.

Thanks so much!!:) Ooh- cheesecake allowed! :thumbsup2

Skylock, I use smugmug as a hosting site...…..used to be Photobucket till they tried to screw everyone for $400 a year to host your pictures for third party postings. It`s an excellent site.

Charade, ...….YC store sounds lovely. I`m a bit of an addict for them...…..good luck with the contractors...….I think we`ve been so lucky with the company we use.....always on time and work until the job is done...…..and very happy with their work, makes life easier. They ripped Kyle`s bathroom out, refitted the new one and left the place immaculate while we were gone. And we are over the moon with the job they did. Now, I`m plotting what we can do next lol...….

mac......your deck isn't finished yet? I`m sure he`s doing a good professional job though......good workmen are worth waiting for......I hope!!!

Have a little bit of time before I head off for the morning...…...then try for some more trip report...….it is taking longer than planned...….I didn`t mean it be dragged out for so long.....like to have it completed as soon as possible...…..and it`s 6 weeks today till we leave again...…..woooohooooo!!!!!

And one day till I get to see Michael Myers again!!!!! Scared.

Have a great Thursday...…………………….

Jumping in late on the jelly/cream cheese discussion.... two popular appetizers down here are block of cream cheese with pepper jelly ( it’s made with bell peppers) on top and another is cream cheese with cocktail sauce & baby shrimp on top. Both served with crackers. Sounds weird but really yummy!!

Aw Monykalyn, my mom’s family forgot her sweet 16 and she has never gotten over that disappointment. Hugs to your sweet girl!!!

I love pepper jelly!!!!!

We buy one that is super hot from local deli.....but love the regular shop bought stuff too......goes well with cream cheese!!!

Now I want some...…….nope, doesn't sound weird at all......I love mixing odd flavours together...….

Not that its too different, but I make a great dip from Philladelphia regular, got to be full fat...….cranberries, jalapeno (lots) little green onion and a little sugar too......some folks add lemon juice but not necessary for me although I adore lemon...….it`s a real hit at parties, I have to make loads of it as everyone complains when it runs out if I don't...…...so I end up with at least four large bowls of the stuff!!! Never a drop left.

upload_2018-10-18_7-8-42.jpeg

Ack, it is not cream cheese if it isn't in that Philadelphia block. Rye toast, matzo, and bagels are the food of choice I use cream cheese on.

Was a cool, 41 degree, dark as night commute. Kinda stinks now arriving well before sunrise. That will change in a few weeks. We still practice Daylight Savings.

That cream cheese mix sounds yummy Schumi. Yep, around here, we have lots of recipes for cream cheese mixes.

Charade and Mac, hope the decks get fixed sooner than later. I agree, finding a good, timely service person is sometimes hard, but happy to have one to recommend is the best. I've been lucky too, the house issues contractors we have used have been good. I'd use each of them again.

With that, tea is needed, though seems like the AC switch has been turned off, and the heat may be on. Sweater is ready though, it is early, and the air cranking does not start until later in the morning. Then it's either, a ice box afternoon, or a stuffy one. Layers is the word of the day.

Ah, with finally, a golden color to the horizon, that means, hello Thursday, Thirsty, Throw Back Thursday that is.

images
images

and,
images
. ::yes:: Thus,
images
, that goes for all the homies!

Time for tea, ta ta for now. Hope all that need some :grouphug:, know that we all send good thoughts and mummy and pixie dust to ya, thinking of you.

Yep, Lynne, our clocks go back not this weekend but next...…..it`s already getting dark so early in the evenings...….but, time for winter jammies!!!!

Gorgeous sunny, crisp cold day today.....the perfect autumn day...……

Came out of uni and went for eye test...…..eyes are still perfect with no changes!! Yay...….

Had 2 slices of white toast, thick cream cheese, smooth cranberry sauce mixed with jalapenos and then turkey slices...…. Gorgeous...….told Tom I fancied the same for dinner tonight...….lol...….maybe not...…he wants the chicken curry I made last night.....:D

Laundry all hung out...….may not get totally dry, but like having it out while sun is shining...……. having big mug of tea now...…..:surfweb:

Great news charade!

Ours I hope will be done soon

He is one day left on another house he is remodeling and then will be here more hours for our finishing up

We had 3 rain days where work could not be done

Thinking of the sausage biscuits that eateries around here sell
Lots of you say you have strawberry jelly on them

I always bring mine home and put on grape jam
I prefer jam over jelly

Happy Thursday all!!

Yum- cupcakes Lynne!!:)

Weather has been cold!! Hoping to get to our Six Flags park tomorrow for Frightfest!! Troy is having fun working technical at the park for the houses and scare zones!! They let groups in at a time for the houses- no conga line like HHN! :scared1: So, they are following you!!!:eek:

Have a great day all!!

blogger-image--506673053.jpg

Great news charade!

Ours I hope will be done soon

He is one day left on another house he is remodeling and then will be here more hours for our finishing up

We had 3 rain days where work could not be done

Thinking of the sausage biscuits that eateries around here sell
Lots of you say you have strawberry jelly on them

I always bring mine home and put on grape jam
I prefer jam over jelly

I love jam!!!! Blackcurrant being my favourite……..but adore American grape jelly!!!

My grandma used to make quince jelly when I was around 5 or 6...….I loved it!!! Never hear of that anymore...….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter