Something About Nothing ... #12

Robbie, only seen Mall at Millenia mobbed once in 11 years and that was when one of the Apple products was released...most people milling around were unbelievably waiting to be allowed to merely join the line as the line was so long!! Crazy.....

Sister was at a loss to understand why the Malls were so busy this past weekend as this is not the typical for this time of year.......I think it might be increase in tourism to Orlando that has been predicted for sometime.

Was glad on the day we visited 10-2 that the stores at Mall at Millenia were not busy other than the Apple Store. A lovely young man at the Apple Store helped me with my new phone purchase and he transferred info from old phone to new phone. He was an angel and I so appreciated his help.....also really enjoyed my time at the Mall with my sister.

Amazing ending to the Monday night game! Packer fans are happy tonight!

Off to bed- good night!

100.jpg

Trying to catch up. In Houston airport waiting to board in couple hours.
Sounds like all have safely returned home, and to dreary weather too. Houston is rainy and temps dropped from when we got off ship, to stop at NASA to airport. Had to text kids to check chickens water as it’s cold enough at home for frost threat.

Love the minions!

Missing the heat- cruise was fabulous. So much food everywhere. Bought the drinks package- was fun trying different cocktails. Friend took us around Cozumel and almost got us lost lol! Had a little mistaken detour but we had a blast. Rented mopeds - felt like real life Frogger/Mario Kart driving in the town, Definitely NOT for the timid- we all loved it.

Have a hold on Cuba cruise next June, waiting to see if oldest and couple friends can go too. Cheaper a bit now with post cruise discount.

Glad you had such a good time on your cruise!!! Love your pics MonyK……….glad to have you back though!!!

Sister was at a loss to understand why the Malls were so busy this past weekend as this is not the typical for this time of year.......I think it might be increase in tourism to Orlando that has been predicted for sometime.

Was glad on the day we visited 10-2 that the stores at Mall at Millenia were not busy other than the Apple Store. A lovely young man at the Apple Store helped me with my new phone purchase and he transferred info from old phone to new phone. He was an angel and I so appreciated his help.....also really enjoyed my time at the Mall with my sister.

The staff are so nice in there.....and yes, helpful. I needed a new cover for a year old ipad in September….the one on the shelf would have been fine for me, but he said no, wait and he searched his device and found one that was only $40......bless him!!! And it is fine, and probably just as good as the more expensive one......I do love that mall!!!

Is that like Shepard's Pie?

Well, shephards pie is made with lamb mince, cottage pie is beef mince...…..same mashed potato topping, but tastes a little different......I love lamb, but not overly fond of lamb mince for some reason except when I make Moussaka...….I quite like it in that...…..

Heading into university again this morning then home by lunchtime I think...….loving this!!!

Slept like a baby last night...…..dull and grey day ahead apparently......but least no storms.

Have a great Tuesday...…………………..

Cool and damp, very dark morning. Barely a flight color as the sunrise is starting. Yep, below 50 last night. And 52 degree commute. Enough rain, that some puddles are still around. Makes a dirty looking car.

Funny, we use beef in our shephards pies, never lamb. Guess because we usually don't have ground lamb around where I live, and never heard it used in such. I do like it with the beef.

Well, time for tea. Have a nice sweater on, I'm ready.

And, since it's Tuesday, get your orders in, Mac's Taco Bell run is today. Yep, taco Tuesday is upon us. upload_2018-10-16_6-49-25.jpeg. Make it a terrific Tuesday, all.

Cool and damp, very dark morning. Barely a flight color as the sunrise is starting. Yep, below 50 last night. And 52 degree commute. Enough rain, that some puddles are still around. Makes a dirty looking car.

Funny, we use beef in our shephards pies, never lamb. Guess because we usually don't have ground lamb around where I live, and never heard it used in such. I do like it with the beef.

Well, time for tea. Have a nice sweater on, I'm ready.

And, since it's Tuesday, get your orders in, Mac's Taco Bell run is today. Yep, taco Tuesday is upon us. View attachment 358749. Make it a terrific Tuesday, all.

Well in the UK, Sherherds herd sheep......which have lambs......so Shepherds Pie is always made with Lamb.....lamb is popular in the UK and easily available everywhere. Cottage pie is beef mince. So if you use beef.....it’s not Shepherds pie, it’s Cottage Pie.........lol......certainly in the UK.........

Had lovely morning in the University.......I was even told I was “cool” by one student and others agreed.......made my morning........

Then just got home 20 minutes ago and got seats booked for Halloween on Friday........:jumping1:

Cannot wait for this one!!!

Time for early lunch, I’m starving!!!

:wave2: RAPstar, I hear ya. Rained 18 of the 30 days of September. Rained yesterday, and most of last night.

Still happy it is above freezing. And oh joy, frost warning before the week ends. Lows in the overnights, in the 30's.

Tea is ready once more. The sun has finally been seen off and on, those pesky clouds, but not warm. 25 to 30 mph winds makes today, cool even without the rain.

:coffee:

Happy Tuesday Sans family:goodvibes It's going to be hard to catch up so I read a bit. Sorry if I missed anybody's posts.

Brr! it's chilly here too... It was in the 40's last night and only getting into the low 50's today. I am glad everyone is settling in from their trips and had a great time.

The wedding was very nice, and we had a great time. It was an outdoor wedding and it was very chilly here on Saturday. They did have those disposable hand warmers so that helped a bit.

I wasn't feeling too good on Sunday and Monday so slept a bit then weekly chores.

Liv goes for her orientation tonight at Target. She is very anxious so I hope all goes well. I just kept telling her to try and we will work it out if she can't do it.

The two kitties I rescued are at the clinic getting fixed today. I will be glad when that is done.

Schumi Thanks we enjoyed the wedding. I hear you love a good wedding myself. Glad your enjoying your temporary time at the University. Glad you got seats for Halloween, it looks good!

Patty I am with you on planning a vacation. It helps me get through the long winter here. Glad you enjoyed your game.

Monykaylan Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I have only been to Cancun many years ago. We had some interesting encounters touring around there.

Charade I hope you are feeling better today.

Tgrgrl Hope your girls are feeling better and you can reschedule your VB day soon.

Robo I hope your feeling better. I don't know if it's me but coffee or tea always is better from a new mug. Enjoy!

Tink I am glad you enjoyed Poltergeist it is such a great movie. I have found myself watching more horror movies this year. I am a wimp in real life at places.

Mac I hope you are doing better at home and the doctors went well. I totally understand the supervisor thing:laughing:

:wave2: to anybody I missed. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Hi everyone. Super slow day at work today. I’m posting from my phone, so please forgive any errors.

Tgrgrl - Hope your kids are feeling better and it was just allergies. B loves the Hard Rock Cafe. I think that’s on our list of things to do when we go to California. Dh wants to buy pins.

Lynne - We have reached that time of year when we alternate between a/c and heat on the same day. No tacos for us today. I’m making a pot of chili.

Schumi - Glad you finally got your movie seats. I’ve never had a real shepherds pie before. Just the American version. I’ve never eaten lamb.

MonyK - Glad you enjoyed your cruise. That’s something I’ve never done unless you count day cruises.

Patty - Reese’s is some of my favorite candy. I always get some for Halloween just in case we have leftovers. I have a friend who is a huge Packers fan. I know she is happy today.

RAPstar - I’m with you on the rain. We need several days of dry weather.

Bobbie - Sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well. Hope you are better today. Good luck to Liv.

Thanks to all of you who offered well wishes. I feel okay today, just not very hungry.

4CD030C6-A1AC-49DB-BDB1-30458962C0DE.jpeg I’m babysitting pumpkins today at our church’s patch. Not a bad work view...
Girls are better (we didn’t make it to Orlando yesterday after all) & are back at school. Littlest one apparently had a bad nosebleed in the middle of the night & got up and took care of herself without waking me or my husband up. I was so proud of her but also a little sad that she’s getting more independent.

I guess I’ve always eaten cottage pie as opposed to Shepard’s pie.....Schumis explanation about the difference makes sense.

Going to see “A Star is Born” in a little bit. I have always liked Lady Gaga & two hours of Bradley Cooper is not a bad deal either. I will let y’all know if it was $5 well spent.

Happy Taco Tuesday everyone!!

Tgrgrl, nice of you to volunteer pumpkin selling. A church near us does that too. We bought our pumpkins the other day. Huge ones. Little one and I are the only carvers. I do cheat though, use those patterns from the pumpkin carving books. Takes me quite a while to carve, and little one makes me clean out hers, as she hates the feeling. I do it with gloves, and save some of the seeds to toast. Glad the girls are feeling better. Yeah, kids grow up in a blink of the eye.

Charade, glad you are feeling better. Nope, only heat on now. And, I wish the AC would finally be turned off in the office. So many cups of tea. LOL I'd take some chili. Making chicken tacos for dinner. Picked up some chicken yesterday, so chopping some up to mix with taco seasoning. Easy meal for me.

Well, not for Halloween, but bought tickets for the new Fantastic Beasts movie coming out here, mid November. We all enjoyed the first movie.

Love the pumpkin patch Tgrgrl..........looks like a fabulous place to be! Well done for your little one taking care of herself, but, yep......independence is right around the corner! Friend of mine has seen A Star is Born, said it was amazing and Lady Gaga was tremendous.....and she’s not a fan of hers.......

Cottage pie was delicious.........very filling!

Now sitting watching tv.......not quite sure what’s on later......definitely a night for mindless tv.

Rainy and 69 here

Cats are screaming for food
Haha
They won’t get any until 4:30 at their feeding time

Hope all the homies are having a great day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter