Something About Nothing ... #12

It’s Wednesday..........

And we have still have high noisy winds and pounding rain.........think it’s been around 36 hours solid now......supposed to ease by lunchtime and just be cold.

I need some sunshine........:sunny:

Going grocery shopping this morning......usually we do our main weeks shop on a Thursday, but tomorrow I have what Tom calls my lady appointments..........waxing, pedicure and happy hair appointment......thought my usual lady had left the salon, but she’s back! Thankfully........I like her doing my hair. So that’s tomorrow covered........

Down to 7 sleeps..........till overnight at airport :Pinkbounc

Have a great Wednesday...........

Ooh, I can see my breath. Rats, ice defroster on, hoping no scraping. So lazy, LOL. Clear and dark, and yes, car, it's 30 out. Thankfully, icy is only the car. Wind chills in the 20's, with tomorrow's in the teens. I'd say some brisk and very cool bright days. Yes, that's right, the sun arrives, only to bring teeth chattering cool.

Sorry to hear your weather is no better, Schumi. And a big WAHOO that pond jumping is just a week away. And, the three of you this time. So nice. Finally, a pampering day tomorrow. Very nice. Legally blonde for me, now. Not much taken off, still trying to grow out those layers. Not ready for a bob, that's for sure. I like hair long enough to put it up, proper.

With that, you know what Schumi knows, so can you guess what day it is? upload_2018-11-21_6-33-10.jpegOh yeah, it's a Wednesday. upload_2018-11-21_6-33-58.jpeg

Yep, the only day stopping some from a 4 day weekend.
images
Yep, camel is needed, as it's still a hump day.

Let the eating begin. Cake leftover from yesterday, so the overly warm office is enjoying cake and tea. How nice is that. Plus, bonus left over lunch. Now how nice is that? :rockband:

Have a wonderful Wednesday, all!

Safe travels to those in route, or soon to be, Patty, and Tink, and every other homie that's going to travel soon.

Mac, and Robo, and Wendy, hope you all are feeling good, and good thoughts are sent your way. Thinking of all those not feeling the best. Mummy dust will find you, and has get well wishes in it.

Time to finish the tea and cake. Then, maybe see what else can be found for breakfast. Hey, those mints were good. May have to sample a few, again.

:sunny:

Morning! Coffee in hand and enjoying sun coming in, will take care of thick frost layer pretty quick. Made brine solution for turkey this am, waiting for it to cool now so can get the former gobbler into the bath.
Managed to get most of work done yesterday so today is off -and until Monday.

Hubs oldest dd from Florida in last night, with her hubs and son. They spent day at Wonders of Wildlife museum while rest of us worked/school. College kid made it home around 230. Dh’s mom and stepdad came down for day too- except step dad fell off ladder and hurt foot so is using walker. He’s getting too old to be doing all the stuff he does (70!) but it’ll kill him to not be active. Went for dinner at a Mexican place (taco Tuesday!). Hubs picked up check for all of us and said on way home how cheap dinner was- we got there before happy hour ended and that helped tremendously - bill for 10 people including drinks for adults was less than a Disney table meal for 5 without drinks!

Kids aren’t wild about trip at Christmas. May just be me and hubs and we’d shift towards New Years weekend. Which would still be fun. College kid wants the “cold weather” for Christmas as she spent last Christmas in Florida and it bummed her out that it was warm lol. Will pull budget together this week and decide.

Enjoy your 4 day weekend Lynne...I have to work every day except Thanksgiving...gotta love retail.
Glad you have Thanksgiving off! Worked retail through college before shifting to healthcare. Change of jobs to consulting 2 years ago- and still getting used to have weekends and holidays off.
I have been thinking about getting one for my husband since he is a terrible sleeper. Let me know if you decide on a brand.

Tink, I love cornbread dressing. It reminds me of my grandmother’s family Thanksgivings. My husband prefers the stuffing (bread cubes) type so I am a good wife & usually defer to his because he uses his dad’s recipie & he passed away 2 years ago. Only problem is, it is for a 20 lb turkey & we usually have @ a 10lb bird. Soooo, we have stuffing for days because we MUST NOT DEVIATE FROM THE ORIGINAL RECIPIE. I typed that in my best James Earl Jones voice.....
JEJ voice -:rotfl2::rotfl2: yeah men can be very particular about having an exact replica of their favorite foods.

Will need to get moving soon. Supposed to be fairly nice and Saturday high 60’s before bottoms out with cold front and flurries Sunday....

Schumi I bet you are gonna be glad to get to warm weather!

Have a safe trip Pattyw :car:

Thanks, Robo!!:)

Down to 7 sleeps..........till overnight at airport :Pinkbounc

:goodvibes Maybe 6? Can you sleep the night before? I didn't get much rest last night!

Finally, a pampering day tomorrow. Very nice.

:cool1:

Happy Wednesday all!! Love the camel pics Lynne!!

On the plane now- arrive in Ft. Lauderdale by noon!!:sunny: So excited to see Kyle!! :goodvibes

Have a great Wednesday all!!

Hope your coffee is hot MonyK, and lots of family in, so nice. Sounds like the turkey is ready for tomorrow. And yep, nice to be off soon. 4 day weekends are always appreciated.

Kids aren’t wild about trip at Christmas. May just be me and hubs and we’d shift towards New Years weekend. Which would still be fun. College kid wants the “cold weather” for Christmas as she spent last Christmas in Florida and it bummed her out that it was warm lol. Will pull budget together this week and decide.

Ooh- a New Year's trip would be so fun!! DD is young! I used to like winter, too! Needed to see snow for Christmas!! Not anymore! Sick of that white stuff!! :laughing:

Yay! Warm, sun and family soon! Happy Thanksgiving Patty and family.

Thanks Lynne!:) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

Good morning everyone. I am on my third attempt to post this morning. For some reason this page keeps refreshing and deleting what I typed.

I have to work every day except Thanksgiving...gotta love retail.
I worked retail for 6 years. This is how I learned to loathe Black Friday. Hope it’s not too bad for you this year.

I have been thinking about getting one for my husband since he is a terrible sleeper. Let me know if you decide on a brand.
The blanket is on my Christmas list, so I will let you know then.

I need some sunshine...
Hope you get some soon, and you get plenty while in FL.

Not ready for a bob, that's for sure. I like hair long enough to put it up, proper.
Same here. The shortest my hair has been was shoulder length. I think I’m overdue for a cut.

We rang in 2016 at Disney. It was really crowded but still a lot of fun.

On the plane now- arrive in Ft. Lauderdale by noon!!
Have a great trip.

Today I need to do some house cleaning and then make a trip to Walmart. I can only imagine how crazy it will be there. Tomorrow we will eat out and then maybe catch the new Wreck It Ralph movie.

Cake for breakfast sounds good Lynne.......hope you’re having a great day.......

MonyK.......a trip nearer New Year sounds like a fabulous alternative........you’ll still get a break and warmer weather........and yep, we’re so looking forward to some sunshine!

Patty.......have a wonderful trip to the sunshine..........

Charade.......I have a few issues with the page refreshing, but huge ads have taken over some folks posts on certain pages.......annoying!

I would love a bob........but, I have too round (fat) face for one........at the salon tomorrow and I’m going to get it shorter than I’ve had for a while I think........but Like you Lynne, I like to be able to put it up if we go out dressed up somewhere........always feel very dressed when I do that!

Celebrating Thanksgiving with some American friends tomorrow.......well, will pop in for an hour or so to say hi to all their family who are over for the holiday.......although she has promised to make us up a “to go” doggy bag as she knows we love Turkey and all that she Cooks.........she did invite us for the whole day, but decided to just make it a quick visit.......

The moon tonight is amazing!!! Almost completely full........

Oh rain finally stopped today.........now it’s just cold. And dark at 3.40pm. Winter is here........

Happy Hump Day SANS family :goodvibes...Have been busy the last several days and had Liv's award ceremony last night. It was very nice and the write up the guidance counselor did for her was awesome. She was on cloud 9 and that made us so happy.

Going to my aunt's for a couple of hours tomorrow. Charlie has to work at Target 9-4 and Liv goes in at 4:45 -9:15. I am making a broccoli casserole, cranberry sauce and a lush cake. She will send me home with a plate for Charlie. Liv and Charlie have to work some hours in the afternoon on black Friday.

I have never been one to shop on that day too crazy for me. I hope anyone who does gets the good deals they want.

Everyone's meals sound delicious whether eating at home or out. I love hearing about hair cuts and colors. I am always looking at new ideas.

Keisha thanks for the information on Vistana. I am going to call them and ask them if there is a section yet if not I will put a request in.

I wish everyone safe and happy travels this Thanksgiving.:D I hope everyone is feeling good and if anyone isn't I hope you feel better. :)

Have a great day:thumbsup2:goodvibes

B just got her first college acceptance letter, and it’s her first choice too. She’s very excited right now.

Big congrats to your daughter Charade.....

Always fabulous to hear they get their first choice...….:thumbsup2

Bobbie, we don't have Thanksgiving over here, unsurprisingly, but retailers have been pushing Black Friday like crazy for years...….any excuse to get rid of the crap they can`t sell throughout the year.....

I avoid sales like the plague anyway, but even more so this Friday...….glad Liv enjoyed award ceremony last night......her hope you have a lovely day tomorrow too...….

For those that do read trip reports, new Christmas one is up and running......yep, decided to get another early start...……..:thumbsup2

Almost time for The Apprentice...….where do they get such inept people!!!! And so many of them!!

2DC309BD-8779-4F0F-8E76-478753ACD635.gif

Hope all my friends and family in the USA have a wonderful and very Happy Thanksgiving........

We have rain........no high winds but rain.......

Today is a day of appointments.......but nice ones, love some salon time......you get very pampered in there...

Have a wonderful day everyone........

It’s 6:30 and I’ve been awake for a couple of hours. Hopefully I can get back to sleep soon. Thankfully I don’t have anywhere I have to be today.

I just had a mild panic. I was looking at my email on my iPad and didn’t see the email with my Busch Gardens tickets. I checked all my folders and nothing. I finally went to our desktop and found that it was still in my Outlook.

I’m going to try to get back to sleep.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ooh, that is scary, Charade. Hope you got more shut eye time. Been awake since 6am. 20 out, wind chill feel like is 11. But we have sun. Glorious cold, but bright. Watching the local parade on TV. No way will you find me sitting out there for hours.

Thanks Schumi, lots of lush food for dinner tonight. Then, some shopping with the kids. Did most of my shopping online. Very little needed now, but the kids don’t mind the crowds, and some of the smaller stuff is just easier to get in person.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Morning Sans family :wave2: Sending Thanksgiving blessings from my house to yours.

Thank you Schumi. Have a wonderful pampered day at the salon.

Happy Thanksgiving

DB84C50D-17FA-4BDF-9C46-DD18A2F43BFB.gif

A3D82560-C534-4DCF-8507-227D267E5CE9.gif

The oven is warming and the Turkey is going in at 6:30. We are having are Thanksgiving feast at noon.

Good morning all. Sorry I haven't been able to keep up. We just got back from our trip yesterday and today it's off to Wisconsin to celebrate Thanksgiving. We met a lovely woman working at RPR from Indiana who has been in Florida for two years. She said she had lived in Indiana her whole life and it only took a year in Florida for her blood to thin and the cold to start bothering her. I think my blood thinned in 5 days.

I never have as much time to post on vacation as I think I will. I know it's a long time coming but I have been meaning to say hi @Robo56 and welcome @Wayland10.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it. And thank you all for the help you provide to all who come to this forum to plan our vacations!

Hi :wave2: PrincessWithABlaster glad to hear you made it home safely from your trip.

Safe travels to you and your family as you travel to Wisconsin. Happy Thanksgiving

Morning Lynne :wave2: ......Hope you have a big mug of tea in hand sounds like you need it with your temps being so low for sure.

Yep, Robo, tea, and cheesy eggs and bacon. Kids are still asleep, so nice to have some time with my DH. Hope your mug of coffee is refilled quickly, and yum, the turkey already cooking. Happy Thanksgiving to you and family.

Princess, glad to hear your trip was great. I think it is age, I am less and less liking the cold. LoL

Corny yapping on TV. So odd to see week day TV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter