• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

I have no idea what to fix for dinner tonight

It is just Mr Mac and me in our house and he is fine for a grilled cheese sandwich

And he makes them better than I can
So I’ll let him be the “cook” tonight

Hope all have a fun V-day !

Happy anniversary to Mr and mrs. keisha :love:

Happy Valentine's Day to all my homies :flower1:

Here's what greeted me this morning from Danielle
View attachment 382374 View attachment 382375 unfortunately I'm on a diet and can only eat a few m & m's at a time so it may last until next year :rolleyes1

Lynne...hope you feel better soon :goodvibes

Bon voyage patty...have a great trip.

Lunch break is over....guess I'll get back to work now.

Lovely gift from your daughter Vicki.......few at a time is excellent! And shows great restraint......lol......

It is just Mr Mac and me in our house and he is fine for a grilled cheese sandwich

Grilled Cheese sandwich is always a good choice.......yep, sit back and enjoy........

As we had a bad lunch, Tom took me round to our local pub for dinner........they are doing an alternative Valentines Evening.......no romance, no higher prices and no slushy romantic desserts......just honest, fabulous home cooked food........it was lovely!

Champagne later.........:D

So far my day has been relatively stress free. Less than30 minutes until I get to leave.

Patty - That is way too much snow. Hope you have lots of sun in Florida.

Schumi - That wooded path looks very relaxing.

Sue - Yes, Tyrion, that’s the name. I don’t know anything about the tv character, but little Tyrion next door is a very energetic 4 year old. He has a baby sister named Charlie and a new sibling on the way.

Tink - Cute gift.

Mac - I’m trying to figure out something for dinner too. She and I will probably go out somewhere tomorrow. B will be at a band practice until 9:00. The band booster will be feeding them pizza.

Happy anniversary Keisha.

Almost time to go home.

Oh Mac, nothing wrong with grilled cheese. At least in older one's book. Me, once in awhile.

Sounds like a perfect evening Schumi.

Sue, hope your enjoying today, with less white stuff. We get next week, after Monday, every day, shows snow. Sigh. I know, it's winter.

Patty, looked at my radar, seems clear coast all the way down. Hope your flight went great, and you're soon enjoying that Florida sun. From my phone, lovely 70's and 80's degree days. Full sun and no rain for the week, that I could see. Have fun.

Was going to grill the filets I got, but DH works, and well, I may just put them in the oven. Either way, I am most likely going to nap, until both kids whine about where's dinner. Um, both of you can cook, ya know. If not, may be a take out pizza. The thought of food, well, throat is sore, and nada interested in much.

Tink, so cute a box, and cute with the candy in it. Nice of your DD to give that to you today.

Robo, hope you are enjoying a nice valentine's day.

Keisha, hope your dinner is good, and your hand is not as sore today.

With that, more tea. At least that feels good.

Lynne
I am a tad behind in reading and know you are sick
But are you sick at home or sick and at work?

Either way, take a nap now and hope it perks you up a bit more

Nothing worse than to be at work ill and then have to deal of getting back home

We eat out more than others some weeks but always avoid holiday time at restaurants
(Exception was thanksgiving last year and hit Crackle Barrel for Turkey meal)

We find holidays are too crowded to eat out
But we exchanged cards this morning and Mr Mac showed me what I bought him
Lol
There is nothing I can think of that I need or I would have bought it before now

Thinking of Keisha today and looking at the pic Vicki shared that her daughter gave her
So sweet!

Charade is probably home by now
Such a shame her job cuts into her me time

Sue is enjoying with the snow
Hope she does not share with the rest of us

All with snow should read Robo’s posts and consider moving to Florida

I used to be the biggest whiner when we talked about weather
Now I don’t say much of my temps here
No one wants to read about a place where snow only happens once a year and melts by noon

But we have had cold weather as in the 30’s some nights

We are still having lots of rain and making new records

Hope pattyw lets us know when she is settled in her hotel
Maybe she will share her rum with us

What lovely pics Schumi shared with us
Beautiful pictures with beautiful smiles we saw

Was miserable at the office, quiet commute, as left early, thankfully. Kids went for coffee, but me, laying down and may jump in the shower before dinner. Oddly, I get cold flashes. Ooh, neighbors dogs are barking. Someone outside. Too tired to see who. May be the kids or the neighbors.

Later homies.

Hump day indeed. Started out at 430 am with son sleepwalking, then this am when he actually got up he told me about this "weird dream" he had of trying to find something. Then at 5am-the girl child woke me back up saying she didn't feel good and threw up. She still feels warm and is sleeping. Requested "dumplings" so threw together a pot of chicken and dumplings-but will keep until she feels like eating. Had to work today, so tried to coax her into eating/drinking via phone. She got the gatorade, sitting unopened on couch. Sudden onset of (suspected) fever, head congestion and severe headache-really hoping not the flu but it is hitting our area HARD right now. She hardly ever gets sick, so when she does she is really down for a while.
Oh maybe the older one will change his mind? It really is a fun program. Hubs is actually bummed he didn't get to apply-I told him to look into seasonal if he really wants to go-I can handle things at home, and hey-CM discount at Disney! About the only way to go anymore with skyrocketing prices.

This is my mantra!! Usually works too! Hope you feel better-and zinc lozenges until you can't taste anything and stomach slightly upset-sounds weird but it does work. Zinc will kill cold virus but has to be at those high amounts (stomach turning/nausea, no taste bud level).
Woot woot!! What are your dates for HHN this year?

This made me literally LOL! there are definitely some crazy posts-didn't we have a 5 page discourse on crockpots not that long ago??

Yeah...I have raspberry, blue raspberry, citrus, pear and salted caramel currently. Usually have vanilla as well. Don't have ton of rum (coconut, spiced and white), but we do have lots of different whiskeys, including a blackberry flavor. Drink tonite is appletini with sour apple schnapps and pear vodka. I add splash of sprite as well to dilute the alcohol.

Hydration is truly key!! fluids-juice, broth, gatorade, water, whatever! If you think flu get thee to dr and get the tamiflu!

I made the fam stop in Daytona so we could get a pic on the beach-even though missing hubs oldest and our oldest. Maybe this year we can get ALL the kids for a beach picture!

Warmer and windy here! Could hear the hens cackling about something-think it was when big gusts of wind ruffled their under feathers and they didn't like it :sad2:. Such spoiled monsters. Think we are gonna hold off on the chicks for a couple weeks. Having company in a week and half for chili cookoff, and the chicks at that young age take a lot of attention. Plus weather needs to be more predictable and warmer so when they are ready to move outside they can.
Finally made appointment with my hair stylist-OMG didn't realize how much gray I had all over now until the "sparkles" showed up in ponytail yesterday:scared1:

60's tomorrow and "possibility for all forms of precipitation on Friday:rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow". Oh joy. No wonder 1/2 of Missouri is sick.

We don't do Valentine's either-I prefer hubs to not spend money on that-prefer our vacations, with a splurge dinner, or plants or something. Last few years have gotten potted orchids-have them around tub in master bath-love when they bloom! And rose bush from several years ago gives us blooms all season. And we always have chocolate as that is what he does...

Happy pre pre friday eve!
Oh no! Hope daughter is better soon!
Was it crockpots or instant pots? Lol.
Oooo Appletini sounds yummy, does that count as hydration?
Your chickens sound hilarious! Probably a good call on the chicks. My friends who had chickens lived in the interior so colder weather. They had a lamp thing for the coop to keep them warm.
I love orchids, and have managed to keep 2 alive! That’s good for me!

Hope all have a lovely Valentine’s Day and no one gets chocolate coated meal worms today
Happy Valentines Day! We had a science teacher at the high school I worked at that was fond of making choc covered bugs :scared:

He`s been in a lot of things....a lot of tv in the UK which is where we first saw him before he became a name.....The Other Boleyn Girl, Tess of the D`Ubervilles, My week with Marilyn and other stuff on tv before he hit it big with the Hawking film. Plus, he appears on tv here being interviewed for this that and the other.....he does have some funny affectations.

It`s just the way it is for us Brits and who we book with.....we stick to two companies that require a £50 deposit, then you pay the full balance either 8 or 12 weeks before pick up date. Prices are more expensive too than what I`ve seen most Americans/Canadians pay. For example a standard vehicle, for 14 nights is almost $800. That`s the lowest it`s showing right now for the minimum we would drive with both companies we use, and not too bad a price. You may be able to get slightly cheaper, but it`s with companies I don't know....we prefer the familiarity of companies we have good experiences with.....which is one reason we`ll never use Dollar again. We are used to it and don't complain too much as it is what it is.

I`m laughing at trifle....Janet and I spoke months back how I think trifle especially sherry trifle is food of the devil...….I remember back in the 1970`s as a youngster it was a dessert everyone made.....hated it!!!

I never see anything I really want to watch on these things....but Tom likes having them, so we have them....I wouldn't really miss the tv if we didn't have one....well, except for a few things....and Game of Thrones is one of them.....didn't think I`d like it, but two minutes into the first episode I loved it!! Can`t wait for the final series in April...…

Really noticed it is starting to get lighter already in the mornings around 6.30am......it`s so much nicer to see the sun earlier...

Oh I forgot about him being in The Other Boleyn Girl!

I hear you about Dollar! I go with either #1 Alamo or #2 Budget. Once I booked Dollar, but had a back up res at Budget. At Dollar they were trying to give me a car, can’t remember model but it’s no longer made it looked like a throw back to an old style car. No trunk. Well it had one but didn’t fit much. Had both my daughters with me, none of us are light packers so I said I rented a mid size, can I have something with a trunk! They tried to upsell me something else. I walked away, thankful I had Budget res. I had a midsize with them and they gave me a SUV cause they ran out of midsize. No upsell! I’ll never book Dollar again.

I can’t wait for Game Of thrones to start up in April! But will have to wait to see some episodes, I’m fairly certain I can’t get that channel at RPH! So will be sure to set to record before we leave. So sad this is the end :sad:

Love that it’s getting lighter in the morning, hate waking up and it’s still dark!

Thirsty Thursday, it is. Never got back down to the kitchen to get the wine. Oh well, was asleep fast, and I could sleep all day. At least the commute, while again quite dark out, was less traffic then normal. That, I will never complain about.

Yes, I am hoping the crud goes away pronto. Aching all over, sore throat and chest congestion. Pretty sure not the flu. Those I know have had it, cannot move out of bed. I can. Think this is just one of those nasty head and chest colds. Good thing I can sleep in tomorrow. Decided a 4 day week-end is a must, when the holiday is a "free" day. Also hoping, that not having to move fast for 4 days will help me feel better.

My next door neighbors named their son after a Game of Thrones character. Ican’t remember the actual name. They just call him Ty for short.

No cute boys at all? B knows several cute boys, but no one that she likes as more then just a friend. Unfortunately it seems like all of them already have dates. I know I spent way too much on B’s dress and it still need to be altered. He school has a prom dress resale event at the end of the month. We are hoping she can sell last year’s dress. If she does, the money will go toward the new dress.

Yikes! Time to go.

Safe travels for Patty.
Tyrion!
Love that your school does resale. Great idea.

Patty, your picture has too much white in it for me. LOL Safe travels, and hope the weather improves as you go South.

We have a mostly sunny day, with 50 as the high. So, above average, and oh so happy to see the sun, even if not warm.
My street looked like that a couple of days go. Crazy.
Hey, Schumi has green grass. Our grass is like hay colored, and dormant, until around April or May. Looks like a nice enough day, Schumi. And yep, never a bad day to boy a bottle. Sorry to hear place you ate at was not the best, but I am sure a lush dinner is coming up. Glad to hear you are having a great day.
Our grass is green somewhere under the snow!

I hope I haven’t totally messed up multi quote! I forgot to hit post I think cause when I came back half my comments were gone when I finally hit post. Guess I’ll see. But if it’s messed up I apologize in advance lol.

Last edited:

Was miserable at the office, quiet commute, as left early, thankfully. Kids went for coffee, but me, laying down and may jump in the shower before dinner. Oddly, I get cold flashes. Ooh, neighbors dogs are barking. Someone outside. Too tired to see who. May be the kids or the neighbors.

Later homies.
Sounds like you made the right decision leaving early. Hope this bug passes soon. ::yes::

Yep, somehow things messed up. My page didn’t refresh, my multiquote was greyed out so thought I didn’t hit post, but when I did page refreshed and I saw my orig multi quote :confused3
I don’t know what happened. :badpc:

My sources tell me that B is supposed to her her prom-postal tomorrow at lunch. I caught a glimpse of the boy this afternoon in the school parking lot. He was in uniform.

I love grilled cheese, esp with tomato soup!

My sources tell me that B is supposed to her her prom-postal tomorrow at lunch. I caught a glimpse of the boy this afternoon in the school parking lot. He was in uniform.
Gotta love a boy in uniform!

Another beautiful day ahead for us today.....sun is almost up and already looks lovely.

Heading into town this morning looking for some clothes......although when I look for something specific, I`m never lucky.....but hopefully will get something...…

Have a great Friday...….:)

Overcast morning in this sick bay. Must be breaking up, as tiring out cough yields ewww. Glad my body is good at fighting. That and drugs.

Fell asleep and I have no idea what was for dinner. I think little one went out, but I am good at falling back to sleep. So a dream or not. DH growls if I know where the kids are, um, I have no idea. I think it was around midnight when he came to bed. He left around 5, and I was going to take a shower when he left. More like 7 before I got moving.

Enjoy your Friday homies.

Good morning. Friday means errand day. I’m off to Walmart this morning. I also need to do some laundry and pay bills.
The waiting begins. B is staying late after school today for band practice. I don’t know if she will text me after lunch or not.

Lynne - Take it easy today and let dh and the kids take care of themselves.

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

I hope all the Sans family had a wonderful Valentines Day.

Robo, hope you are enjoying a nice valentine's day.

We had a very nice Valentines Day. Our dinner party was fun. The food and drink were enjoyed by all. I gave everyone a box of chocolates from by favorite chocolate shop as they left. They seemed as thrilled to get them as I was giving them. I have really great neighbors here.

Overcast morning in this sick bay.

Lynne so sorry to hear you are sick.....sending mummy dust and get well wishes your way that you feel better soon :hug:

Pattyw woke up to Florida sunshine today:sunny:

Monyk hope your daughter feels better soon..... those flu bugs are really working over time this year.

Schumi great picture of you and Tom on your walk.......was interesting to see the type of squirrel you have there. They look like they have fluffy white fur with tan spots on their heads. Very different from the squirrels here.

Tink what a cute, sweet gift from your daughter for Valentines Day.

Mac....I wanted to report the Rum bottle levels have gone down significantly :drinking1

Glad you`re on the mend Lynne.....it sucks being poorly...…

Robo, glad your dinner party was a success....and lovely thought on the gifts......you`re a good neighbour and friend......and anyone who likes rum is alright with me!!!! Yes, those squirrels are incredibly common in the UK and surprisingly tame....some will come and take a nut or something out of your hand at times.....other times they just scramble away. I`m sure they give a nasty bite, so we don't usually feed them like that other than the ones we see in our gardens....even then still wary of them.....we have some lovely wildlife around here....nothing exotic, but foxes and deer are common.....deer not so much, but they are around.

So, went in the opposite direction today and walked to what we have 5 minutes the other way.....another beautiful day so we decided to go down on the beach for a walk...….not many as we walked with friends who won`t want their pictures online...so here`s a couple....it did get warm enough at 60F to take our jackets off which was lovely....first sunshine my arms have seen since December......

From top of the cliff.....

beach3-XL.jpg

And the moon is still out too.....just...….

beach2-XL.jpg

Sorry about the tide warning sign sticking out of the side of Tom`s head...

beach1%20%282%29-L.jpg

beach5-XL.jpg

Spent a couple of hours out and enjoyed a nicer lunch today of crab sandwiches for four in a little place we like.

It`s so nice to get back out in lovely weather...….

Hope everyone`s good...…..

Patty, looked at my radar, seems clear coast all the way down. Hope your flight went great, and you're soon enjoying that Florida sun. From my phone, lovely 70's and 80's degree days. Full sun and no rain for the week, that I could see. Have fun.

Thanks, Lynne! Yes- flight was great- no delays arrived 15 min early!!:thumbsup2

Hope pattyw lets us know when she is settled in her hotel
Maybe she will share her rum with us

Hi Mac! Arrived at HRH about 11pm last night! Had a glass of wine last night- but a trip to Strong Water is in the plans! Will pour some for all of you!:goodvibes

Our grass is green somewhere under the snow!

Yep- we'll find our lawn by June!:eek:

:goodvibes Yay!

Pattyw woke up to Florida sunshine today:sunny:

YES!!!!!:sunny:

o, went in the opposite direction today and walked to what we have 5 minutes the other way.....another beautiful day so we decided to go down on the beach for a walk

Beautiful beach!! WOW!:)

Last edited:
I FOUND THE SUN!!!! and GRASS!!! and FLOWERS! !

This is the view from our room at HRH! Better than the last picture I posted!!:thumbsup2

thumbnail_IMG_5305.jpg

Haven't ventured out yet- just lounging around for a while! Troy is still sleeping! We'll head out to the parks soon!:cool1:

Lynne- I hope you feel better soon! You have a nice long weekend to just relax and recharge!:)

:wave2: I have had a tough week and not been able to do much. I was thinking of everyone and miss chatting with you:goodvibes. I am sorry I won't be able to go back and catch up on everything I tried to do some scanning of important things, just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you:D.

We had snow and bad weather for a few days. I am just waiting for it to warm up.

It seems from scanning that everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. I have had a migraine for a few days so wasn't the best yesterday. Liv did get me chocolates which was sweet. This is her first time buying on her own. Brian and I just exchanged cards. I just picked everyone up a little treat! The teens got their own wings and ate them. Brian and I had left over wings.

I started chili my dad and nieces are coming over tonight. I am hoping my migraine subsides to enjoy it. I think I am just going to get a small cake at the store not into baking today. Usually Brian does the baking well maybe tomorrow.
Robo and Keisha Happy Anniversary to you girls and your DH's. I hope you have many more happy ones:rose:

Patty I am glad to hear you landed safely and enjoying HR. Have a great trip!

Monykayln Good luck with your daughter and the inernship

Charade I hope your daughter has the best date to go with her dress and accessories.

Lynne I hope you feel back to your self soon .It is so hard to be sick with teens. Good luck dress shopping.

Schumi I love the pics of the beach! It looks so lovely. Glad that you can enjoy it this time of year. We are just a little to cold for that!

Mac Glad to see you posting more. Thank you for missing me:goodvibes. I watch the walking dead and did this past Sunday. I am hoping the season continues to go good. I am glad that Jeffery Dean Morgan is getting more screen time. I adore him as an actor and a person.

Tink love your gift, those wouldn't have lasted two minutes with me :laughing: That was a nice idea.

Sue how nice to get flowers. I hear you on the e- card. I usually send Brian one form the ASPCA. I give a donation and he gets a card. It is usually a win win. This time did something different.

I am off to try and do some stuff and maybe lay down again. It is hard to entertain when you don't feel good. It is hard to get my dad to visit so I don't want to cancel.

:wave: to all the family MIA I hope you are doing well. If I missed you replying today I am sorry:goodvibes

I hope all my SANS family have a great day:goodvibes:wave:

Great to hear from you Bobbie!

Sad to read about your migraine
When those things hit, you lose days in your life as hard to function with them

I’ve had a few before and know how disruptive they are in your life

Hope it eases off very soon !

Good thoughts for all our homies here

Lynne, hope you feel better real soon also

It was delightful to see Schumi’s pics!
She takes a good picture

I can breathe easy knowing pattyw made it safely to orlando

Has she hit the rum yet?
Lol

Hugs to all today

Weekend is soon and hope all enjoy theirs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter