Something About Nothing ... #12

First day back to routine here too - school run with grandchildren - parents shopping and a few hours with them - they are only about 25 minutes away from me - then on to a solicitor appointment with my daughter to check paperwork prior to starting court proceedings against her soon to be ex husband as he will not provide financial disclosure so we are having to pursue it.
Home now and coffee but DH has started the pressure washer up again to finish the stone landscaping outside so my head is vibrating!!!
I will start our meal soon as I’m starving and hopefully a peaceful evening to recover from the day.

Sounds like a tough time with the ex of your daughter.....hope it gets sorted with as little difficulty as possible!! Hope your meal was good...….

Popping in to say hello. Hope everyone is doing well.

I was a bit upset to realize the finale airs while we are on our May trip. We usually bring out Apple TV with us. Going to have to make sure it gets packed this trip. I also enjoyed this week’s episode. Definitely the calm before the storm.

Well, hello again.....lovely to see you post!!! Hope you`re all doing well...….

We are just going to have to hear and see spoilers I think of the last two episodes.....I`m sure we won`t be able to avoid them...…

Glad to hear you have a trip coming up......:)

Hi everybody :wave2:

Spent the morning cleaning up the deck where Jack demolished anything that had soil in it...it's worse than having three toddlers :sad2:

Glad you got some shuteye mac...hope your head feels better soon :goodvibes

Hello three ...nice to see you here again

Time to get back at it...it's deck washing next and probably grilled chicken for lunch.

Have a wonderful day homies :flower1:

Hey Vicki.....those doggies are keeping you busy!!!! Chicken sounds nice...….hope you enjoy the rest of your day off...…..

Dinner was roasted chicken thighs will all sorts of things added to it.....did add rather a smidge too much of mustard.....tried to balance it out with more honey, but it was still strong!!! Sinuses will be clear that's for sure....that's what I get for talking on the phone while adding all the ingredients...…

Think the heating will be on tonight...it`s a little cooler already and only just 6.30pm.....

Quick lunch drive by
back to work here too. and rainy cooler day. Hoping rain clears by this evening as DD and I are going to Springfield Cardinals game tonight.
Knee is much better, weird I never thought about it being possibly dislocated-can it be partially dislocated and slip in/out? must be fully seated back where it is supposed to be now.
EEk vacation countdowns getting so close: 4 days! 14 Days! We are at just over a month-but finally DH scheduled his and DD scuba lessons to get certified (re-certified for him).
Doggy Jack and my chickens sound like they share same "seek and destroy" outlook...

Hi three!
Schumi so exciting to have a new car to return to. Something to help with any post trip blues I am sure! My 4Runner just turned 250k miles this am (took a pic) and still going strong; I've taken good care of it over the years and body still looks good -some minor scratches obviously as it is 18 years old.

This thread is so nice to come (back) to. I'm following another thread where a poster just popped on to basically insult choices-completely unnecessary as the posters had been having decent and honest posts. The original starter of thread is so sweet in dealing with these kind of incursions.

Lunch consumed-back to work-happy tuesday ya'll!

Was told, the AC units on the roof, are for show. Alright then. We get steamy summers. :eek:

Yikes! I like heat, but not in the office when I'm working! I have a fan on my desk as I tend to like it cooler than some in the office!

Sun is shining but not overly warm outside

Sun makes everything better!:sunny:

I will start our meal soon as I’m starving and hopefully a peaceful evening to recover from the day.

Peaceful evenings are the best!

Popping in to say hello. Hope everyone is doing well.

:wave2:

Spent the morning cleaning up the deck where Jack demolished anything that had soil in it...it's worse than having three toddlers :sad2:

I understand! I can't have real plants in the rooms where the cats are allowed- they will chew the plants and dig the dirt! Dirt is a kid/pet magnet for trouble!:laughing:

My 4Runner just turned 250k miles this am (took a pic) and still going strong; I've taken good care of it over the years and body still looks good -some minor scratches obviously as it is 18 years old.

Wow- that is great!! Hope it runs for another 250K!!:thumbsup2

Quick lunch! Trying to eat light after all that cruise food!! I HAVE to start losing some weight! I think dinner will be baked chicken with some riced cauliflower!

Have a great afternoon all!:)

Quick lunch drive by
back to work here too. and rainy cooler day. Hoping rain clears by this evening as DD and I are going to Springfield Cardinals game tonight.
Knee is much better, weird I never thought about it being possibly dislocated-can it be partially dislocated and slip in/out? must be fully seated back where it is supposed to be now.
EEk vacation countdowns getting so close: 4 days! 14 Days! We are at just over a month-but finally DH scheduled his and DD scuba lessons to get certified (re-certified for him).
Doggy Jack and my chickens sound like they share same "seek and destroy" outlook...

Hi three!
Schumi so exciting to have a new car to return to. Something to help with any post trip blues I am sure! My 4Runner just turned 250k miles this am (took a pic) and still going strong; I've taken good care of it over the years and body still looks good -some minor scratches obviously as it is 18 years old.

This thread is so nice to come (back) to. I'm following another thread where a poster just popped on to basically insult choices-completely unnecessary as the posters had been having decent and honest posts. The original starter of thread is so sweet in dealing with these kind of incursions.

Lunch consumed-back to work-happy tuesday ya'll!

Glad your knee is doing better! Have you had it looked at recently......might be worth a quick check.....

Oh some folks are so funny......some folks decent and honest posts are sometimes accused of being negative ones if they disagree with others supposedly "correct" opinions...…..:sad2: wouldn't do if we were all the same.....

Yes, having the car to come back to will be nice!! Although it`s arriving as our driveway is being renewed...so will have to make sure it`s well tucked up safely.....lol......yep, sounds like you have looked after your car well!!!

Patty, that's funny I always like it hot, but when I`m in the car I like it cooler than most......I think it stems from days long gone when I was a very poor car passenger.....it was always too hot and I think that contributed to me suffering from travel sickness...good luck with cutting back!!! Never easy after a trip.....

It was funny getting an email a few days ago for the Christmas events at Universal...….I did check to see it was still only April!!!! Only seems a short time since Christmas last year!!

Got my first long and detailed survey in ages from them a few weeks ago about the holidays...….

Time for a cuppa……...

Monyk I have no idea if the knee can pop out of place again
Hope it doesn’t for you

What is nice about the sans thread is everyone here plays nice
And all peeps are welcome to join in

I read some threads and see how they get derailed
Real shame isn’t it...

Gas for car, ordered game for older one and now dinner out with older one. Traffic terrible.

And yeah, I like hot, but with work clothes, not so much. Stuffy feeling inside from early morning.

Yay, MonyK, nice vehicle still in good order. DH’s truck is over 265,000 miles, at 11 years old. Was used the three years he commuted to DC.

Welcome back to Three, and yay for a countdown.

Tuesday night, quiet is a good thing.

And Tink, my male lab’s other name was shovel paws. We needed a large truckload of dirt to fill the missing dirt in the fenced back yard after the dogs passed away. His sister was an escape artist, as well as digger. Hence fence had to be higher than she could see over, and cement blocks and large rocks under the ground of the fence, so digging hole under fence to visit the neighbors was stopped. My boxer was not as bad a digger, but chewer, yes. Hope you were not too long cleaning up.

It`s Wednesday folks...…

Washing is on the line drying nicely, sun is slowly being hidden behind clouds.....and it`s getting cooler......but warm inside...…

Lunch today is simply a cheese plate, some prosciutto, grapes, melon and crackers......I have claimed the brie as mine...…:D Had early breakfast this morning, so lunch will be earlyish too I think....

Have a good one......

images
Hump. Yep, it's a Wednesday. During the commute, the moon was a white almost full, brightness in the sky. Lots of horns sounding. And a guy who saw me come to the stop sign, blew through the stop sign from the road on my right, so could get in front of me. Yeah, speedy was at the red light each time, waiting as I pulled up. Then, when the road opened to 2 lanes, he cut in front of me, thinking my lane was faster, almost hit him, but thankfully, turned as he went straight. No need to be that aggressive. Lots of traffic this morning too. I guess with the nicer weather, all decided to be on the road.

Lunch sounds lush Schumi. Nice you can hang out your wash. Yeah, I start looking for lunch by 11, as I eat an early breakfast when I get in my office. At least we have a toaster, microwave, and refrigerator. Makes bring food in, easy to not spoil, and heat up.

Okay, time for tea. Got a cup of ice, just in case. It may be used shortly.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. Hope Sue had a uneventful trip, and enjoying that Florida sun.

Mac, hope you had another good sleep, no headaches, and feeling better. I assume you'll be traveling soon too.

Oh, and whopper eating is okay today.

Hump day, ladies and gents, the day when Friday will come in 2 more days. And sorry to Tink, who's week-end is over.

funny-wednesday-quotes-woot-woot-hump-day-happy-wednesday-quotes-wednesday-hump-E6905e1402ba8ad223d278a9b5fb6c0b0.jpg

Hi folks - Wednesday already and after the school run this morning we began to empty our loft and clear out anything unwanted as we are hoping to get our house on the market this summer. There are boxes coming down that have never been opened since I moved here 19 years ago! Going through each box is difficult as lots of memories of family members and when my children were small but I’m being really harsh though it’s tragic what is on its way to the tip. DH gone on third tip trip then we are having a break so kettle is on. It will take us a while to empty it but fitting it in when we have chance.
Sun is still out and threatened thunderstorms have not yet arrived.

Good morning :coffee:

Just popping in to say hi before work...my week has begun...working 12 days with only one day off next Monday :faint: wish me luck.

Real...you can come to my house after you've finished with yours. I have 39 years of accumulated junk to purge. Hope you get it all done and your home sells quickly.

Lynne...my workplace is adjacent to a Walmart parking lot...talk about crazy drivers :scared1:

Hey Carole...your lunch sounds nice...I'll be over after work although you probably will be asleep then so never mind.
Happy hump day to all :flower1:

Happy Wednesday all!!

Yay for Lynne's hump day pics!:thumbsup2

Gloomy and a little chilly today but spring has sprung! Daffodils have bloomed, my tulips should bloom soon. Still too wet to attempt lawn maintenance yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks!

Think it's a two cup of coffee day! Still dragging from post vacation exhaustion!

Have a great day all!!

giphy.gif

Hi folks - Wednesday already and after the school run this morning we began to empty our loft and clear out anything unwanted as we are hoping to get our house on the market this summer. There are boxes coming down that have never been opened since I moved here 19 years ago! Going through each box is difficult as lots of memories of family members and when my children were small but I’m being really harsh though it’s tragic what is on its way to the tip. DH gone on third tip trip then we are having a break so kettle is on. It will take us a while to empty it but fitting it in when we have chance.
Sun is still out and threatened thunderstorms have not yet arrived.

We are expecting rain later today, but far too cold for thunder.....shame as I love a good storm!!

I love moving home.....but, I`ve been told I must have gypsy blood as we`ve lived in a lot of homes over the years!!! Between moving with work and just wanting a change......but it is difficult letting go of some things....we still haven't got rid of so many things, don't think we ever will...….it`s photographs I can`t get rid of.....we have thousands as do most people.....I could use a cull.....but won`t.

This isn't our forever home either.....haven't finished with that moving bug yet......

Good morning :coffee:

Just popping in to say hi before work...my week has begun...working 12 days with only one day off next Monday :faint: wish me luck.

Real...you can come to my house after you've finished with yours. I have 39 years of accumulated junk to purge. Hope you get it all done and your home sells quickly.

Lynne...my workplace is adjacent to a Walmart parking lot...talk about crazy drivers :scared1:

Hey Carole...your lunch sounds nice...I'll be over after work although you probably will be asleep then so never mind.
Happy hump day to all :flower1:

Hey Vicki...….I guess this is your Monday...…..:flower3: but 12 days in a row!!! You`ll be ready for a good meal and a cocktail or two......come on over...…..:D

Lunch was good......I`m on a cheese lull now...……

Washing all dry and in.......now to iron!

Morning Sans family :wave2:

6435B728-43B3-4BC6-86AE-6AD16E2D6E7C.jpeg

Will join the vacation countdown list. 5 days till lift off for granddaughter and I.

Pattyw so nice to hear you had a great cruise. Great pics of your family enjoying time together.

Welcome back houseofthrees and Realfoodfans :wave:

Monykalyn I second the suggestion to have your knee looked at. Wouldn’t hurt for sure.

Been a busy number of days. Got back into town late Saturday after a trip up North for a family funeral. So very sad.

We had family over for Easter dinner. Always good to have our family together.

Noticed grandson was favoring one of his feet and looked down and the top of foot and toes were bruised. He said he thought he broke one of his toes. I told them to get him to orthopedic doc. Spoke with them yesterday and he is now in a boot with toes splinted.

I woke up with cold Monday. Hitting the viatmin C in hopes it will curtail it a bit. Welcome to Spring...LOL

Lynne love the camel.

Need to get scootin. Have hair appointment this morning.

:wave: Schumi, Keisha, Mac, Tink, Lynne, Charade and all the Sans family.

Real, house cleaning out. Yeah, I've been in my house for almost 30 years. Not going to say how many runs I would need. Just got rid of loads of clothes and shoes not longer wanted or out grown. Started to give house stuff away too. But the final purge before moving. Oh my. Hope your house sells quick, at a great price for you.

I guess I am not like Schumi, hoping for a second home, where it's warm all year round, but that will not be for at least almost a decade. Me too, have lots of photos, will not get rid of any.

Tink, sending you lots of luck the work goes fast, and you are enjoying a longer week-end. 12 hours. Oh my.

Robo, yay, nice to hear from ya, and a big wahoo for trip in 5 days. All these May trips. Hope all have a fabulous time. And so nice, Robo with her GD on this trip.

Oh, more ice needed. Toasty, anyone? And I am not talking about the weather. Oh, hello sun. And tree doing some salsa, and some swaying. Yeah, rain to come. Tree leaves upside down. Hey rain, stay away until I am home. Rocking those sunglasses, for lunch. I hope.

We've been in our home 29 years!! We have accumulated so much over the years!! We are starting to purge a little at a time! Planning ahead for a move someday!

Yay for a cheese lull Schumi! Sounds like a great meal!:thumbsup2

Sending healing wishes to Robo- hope the cold goes away fast!!:)

Hope the rain holds out for your lunchtime walk, Lynne! :)

Sun is starting to peek out! :sunny:

Thinking of Sue having fun in Deerfield Beach!! :goodvibes

I can’t join the club here for purging in our house

Did that 2 years 5 months ago when we sold our house up north to move to Georgia

Only moved basic furniture with us and replaced a lot when we moved in here

It took a lot of time to do that right before we moved but near the end just left in the house many things for the new owners

Even on moving day did not have enough room in the moving truck so left grill, appliances, bed, w/d, freezer, etc for new owners

They wanted it all and we were glad to give it to them

First house we contacted fell threw
Found out as we were driving home on first trip

Our house was under contract which put us into a slight panic

So after being home two days from first house hunting trip, made a second trip to Georgia (16 hour drive)
for another search to house buying

Ended up with a house within 4 days

I swear this will be our forever house
Things I don’t like about it but learning to live with it has been okay

Why houses down here have a fireplace seems weird
We run the ac all but a couple months a year

Well we got the thunderstorm just after school pick up - grandson really worries about it so he had his ear defenders on and we didn’t leave them until it was over as he was concerned about us going out in it.
Robo well spotted with your grandson hope he heals soon.
Lynne and Patty - a lot of what I sorted through today was memories packed up when I got divorced 20 years ago and though I threw a lot out then I packed up a lot that was family things.
These days people don’t collect like we used to - for example I had a full box of ornamental bells!!! Nobody would want them but it is tough sending them to the tip. Still a lot to fetch down but we will keep going.
Naked Kiev’s and veggies for our Keto dinner tonight.
Hope everyone is good today.

Mac - I’m glad you found another property so quickly - the UK process is much more complicated and lengthy. Even then it can fall through at the last minute as has happened to friends. We had a holiday apartment in Devon (my happy place in the UK) but sadly felt the need to sell when I became carer to my parents and that sold first viewing and went through very quickly but that is unusual. Dreading putting this house on the market but it’s time to move on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter