Something About Nothing............ #14

Long afternoon/evening today. Both our women's and men's basketball teams won today. It just made me kind of sad to see how small the crowd was for the women's gave as opposed to the men's.

Honestly? You avoid them. Fair enough......it is such a fun movie though....
I can't remember when I last saw an R rated movie. I prefer movies without the excessive profanity, sex/nudity, and violence. I was disappointed with the most recent Jumanji movie. The movie was funny, but I thought the profanity was way overused for a PG 13 movie.

Storm hit where I am and power went out 45 minutes ago
Hope the power doesn't stay out too long. I have been getting Facebook updates from my friends in GA. We are expecting storms later tonight. The wind is already starting to pick up.

Finally finished up the sisters quilt.
Beautiful! She's going to love it.

Thinking I should go find a flashlight just in case we lose power tonight.

Hey all busy day trying to catch up, appears mom & son trip is on...i.e. he coughed up a few bucks as he promised. My thoughts are once you hit 30 you really should make some sort of attempt to chip in if you ask your mom to take a trip with you lol. Heading to airport hotel Monday night.

Janet.......dammit thats a cool picture........lol......did you see what I did there.......:duck:
Indeed i do lol. I don’t usually tell tales out of school, but our fearless leader here cuts a mean time warp dance :). Ah, the golden days of HHN, really miss that show & bettlejuice too.
What a great way to start your day! Even with the wind...it must be nice. Probably better than the - 25F with a wind we are experiencing right now.
Had to read that number twice, yikes. Stay warm, cuddle under one of those amazing quilts. You do an amazing job!
Good news : should have a 70 temp by 4 pm tomorrow

Bad news: heavy rains predicted from 4-7 tomorrow
It was in low 70’s today, amazing. Those winds/rain supposed to hit late night.
hope I’m done with funerals for awhile
...from your lips!
Unfortunately I never rode it in all the times I have been at MK, and we skipped it at DL too. Hopefully we will get back to DL sometime in the near future.
Good luck. After watching the short, now you know the back story, it helps to enjoy the ride.
I want to watch Rocky Horror now
For some reason we skipped our annual viewing this halloween season.
where‘s Dammit Janet when we need her
I was off looking for Brad...found him on Jeopardy. Poor guy is circling the drain
I had to get gas for the car earlier today and was shocked at the prices in my area.
($2.37 gal)

Many stations had increased their prices except for BP.
Ended up with them for $2.25 a gallon.

Just a week ago it was $2.10 a gal.
It’s $2.90 a gallon here for the cheap stuff. I made trek to sams club as i needed a full tank, saved $.21 a gallon. Will call it a moral victory.
Storm hit where I am and power went out 45 minutes ago
Hope you have a fuel rod charged up for that iPhone so you don’t run out of juice.

I had to get gas for the car earlier today and was shocked at the prices in my area.
($2.37 gal)

Many stations had increased their prices except for BP.
Ended up with them for $2.25 a gallon.

Just a week ago it was $2.10 a gal.

In dollars we`re paying around $7.50 a gallon.....hard to compare against two different countries, but we are completely ripped off in this country!

:wave2: Hello Homies!!!!

Not much happening here in Santa land today. It must be that first lovely weekend after all the holidays ..because it's just icky here. Typical for a birthday weekend. It's very cold and still snowing...how does that even happen???? We have over a foot of snow again to move..and the boys and DH are heading out to move it all quick before dark and before it gets really cold. Forecast is for -40 or colder tonight. I wanted to go out for supper tonight ..but it's just too cold. We will order in and watch movies.

Finally finished up the sisters quilt. I just have to complete hand sewing on the label. I personalize each quilt I give with a special poem, number of the quilt and the quilt pattern. This is quilt # 10 I have made some someone. Considering I only started quilting 3 yrs ago...and have a second job... that's pretty good. I will be happy to part with this one. It was supposed to be easy...but everything just didn't go right with it.

Well...I should. and it some water on to heat up so I can make the snow movers some hot chocolate after moving snow when it's almost -40 outside. Hopefully another check in tomorrow View attachment 464352View attachment 464353

Pumpkin that is beautiful!!! You can really see the work involved is immense and I love the colours! You have a real talent there...she will be over the moon receiving that as a gift.

Santa Land sounds so cute! But, oh so cold......yes, food delivery sounds like a plan!!

Long afternoon/evening today. Both our women's and men's basketball teams won today. It just made me kind of sad to see how small the crowd was for the women's gave as opposed to the men's.

I can't remember when I last saw an R rated movie. I prefer movies without the excessive profanity, sex/nudity, and violence. I was disappointed with the most recent Jumanji movie. The movie was funny, but I thought the profanity was way overused for a PG 13 movie.

I think women's basketball isn't as much fun to watch as men`s.....

Oh I might watch that Jumanji movie now...... :rotfl: I hated the first one as I didn`t like Robin Williams and the last one wasn`t funny.....I can watch most movies...I try not to discount any movie for those reasons......heck some of the best movies ever made have those things in! I hate when you see a hardened cop say fiddlesticks instead of the reality we all know......

Some of our best girls nights out have been raunchy and risque…...love it!!!

Hey all busy day trying to catch up, appears mom & son trip is on...i.e. he coughed up a few bucks as he promised. My thoughts are once you hit 30 you really should make some sort of attempt to chip in if you ask your mom to take a trip with you lol. Heading to airport hotel Monday night.

Indeed i do lol. I don’t usually tell tales out of school, but our fearless leader here cuts a mean time warp dance :). Ah, the golden days of HHN, really miss that show & bettlejuice too.

For some reason we skipped our annual viewing this halloween season.

I was off looking for Brad...found him on Jeopardy. Poor guy is circling the drain

It’s $2.90 a gallon here for the cheap stuff. I made trek to sams club as i needed a full tank, saved $.21 a gallon. Will call it a moral victory.

Hope you have a fuel rod charged up for that iPhone so you don’t run out of juice.

Yay.....glad to hear the trip is a go......it does sound like a lot of fun!!!

Oh I am so up for the RH show to come back to HHN!!!!!! And Beetlejuice too....but RH was phenomenal......everybody loved it!!!

Weird coincidence last night.....couldn't find the disc for RH earlier.....but as we were going to bed, Tom found it on a channel on tv......turned it on just as the TimeWarp was starting......perfect timing......

"You're lucky, I'm lucky, we're all lucky"

:P

So, we didn't get to bed till much later!!!!

I`ve never seen jeopardy......seen clips and that's about it......

Have a great trip Janet.....hope it`s a blast!!!!!

Dammit Janet....I also know all the words to the Time Warp

Oh if they ever brought back the RHPS at HHN that would be amazing!!!!! I do miss that show a lot too...….seeing everyone, well almost everyone, up doing the dance and having fun was so fabulous!!!!!

Indeed you do :), to go with those moves.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Grey miserable Sunday morning here.....wind has completely died down and it`s eerily still this morning...….low fog over the sea makes it eerier.....

Heading out to get a few fresh bits and pieces this morning......we go through so much milk!!!

No idea what`s for dinner tonight.....will think about it later......

Have a super duper Sunday...…..

Ah, back from the ooh no interest but what ship time it is, and be back on the ship o time, take my pills, and gosh we were rocking and rolling so good on the way back, the sober people were the ones walking like drunk. You know life was tilted when your plate slide back and forth on the table as you tried to eat. Well, eat very little, as even with a double dose of those pills, I am not a good sailor. Hence, stayed on the top decks most of yesterday.

But had a fabulous time. Some shots from our trip:

Rendezvous Caye, Belize. Was a good thing we did the morning tour, as the weather was not good that day, many cancelled, including our first pick. But it was fabulous, and the water was warmer than the air. Snorkeled around, and much to see. We would go there again, was so nice.

E5D751B3-F943-411B-A8CF-7CD9149E1386.jpeg

C50527E9-6080-4027-9C0F-A73B3FD14ECE.jpegOsprey best on top of the kitchen hut.

Ooh, I spy the RC Harmony, closet then our ship at least a mile out to sea.
72EEB2B5-4A2F-40C0-A7EE-3769A74A21DB.jpeg
There were 4 ships on the rainy day we went to Roatan. Took a tour of the park that has monkeys, sloths and macaws, plus a beach and pool. Weather was not good to use pool or really the beach, but hey we were there for the animals.
019C7B1F-DC77-445D-822D-8CBB67E4EBFD.jpeg
The other shots are on my kids’ phones, including the monkeys. Will try to get them to share with me.

Formal night, the first of two, balcony shot:

D8297297-E3D3-473F-B785-0D57488C0DC2.jpeg

Turtle Place in Gran Cayman. Were very said our trip to the rays was cancelled, seas were choppy from the rainy cold front we had gone through the last couple of days. Fabulous time enjoying it.

17BF4C78-BC53-4A00-87DE-E7A3ADCDCF7A.jpeg

pink iris.
95DE51EA-3E16-4725-9291-427F79308B73.jpeg

Hello Rosie hiding in the tree in the tiny aviary.

Well, waiting for our plane. Was a quick trip out of the ship, thanks to faster to fun as not a silver or gold cruiser, then a walk to our rental,15 or so minutes drive to get to rental return, all done in about 45 minutes from leaving our 8th deck cabin. Nice.

Glad our flight is a go, busy airport and many annoyed at the number of cancellations we see posted.

Hope a Sunday afternoon is good for all.

We should be back at lunchtime, then little one has to unpack then pack. Yep, she returns as a Sophomore college kid this Spring session by dinner tonight. Back to school and work tomorrow for all but older one. He does not start until next week. Super nice for him. And no, we decided to just do fun around home as I will take Friday off. Yeah, no need to go back to a full week of work yet, and double yay, as Monday is a holiday for us next week, so bonus four day weekend if I take Friday off.

Ooh little one got food, so later homies.

Lovely pictures Lynne......your daughter looks so very grown up in the one she`s dressed up!

Glad you had a lovely time on your cruise......and a short week! Have a safe journey home...….

We had sunshine this afternoon!! Although it`s gone now.......and feeling slightly chilly outside, I only wandered outside for a few seconds, that was enough.

Ended up roasting a chicken for tonight...although Kyle is going out, so just the two of us again.

Mashed potatoes or Roast…….decisions!!!

I`m laughing so hard right now....but with good reason!

We were supposed to have our decorator come in on Thursday to start decorating the study and one of the spare rooms....he is fitting us in and doing it in bits and pieces as he is so busy.....we told him to pop the quote in whenever he got the chance......anyway, he couldn't make Thursday and it`ll be next month now before he starts which is fine with us, we`re in no rush. So, he buzzed to say he was here a little while ago with the quote, although we`ve already told him to do it as he doesn`t rip anyone off.....we made him and cuppa and opened it when he was gone.

It was a price of almost £9000...........:rotfl:

Tom said, I think he`s put his prices up a little :lmao:...…..yes, he had put someone else`s final bill into our envelope...….thank goodness!!! Says he`ll pop it back next time he`s round this way......no rush we told him. Wait till he`s coming to start the job.

Almost needed something stronger than tea......::yes::

Back home, and the new packing is in process. All are hungry, and we have to stop at Target for stuff and older one declared we have no food in house, so grocery shopping after we toss little one off at her university.

Ack, what a bill, Schumi. Yep, glass needed this evening.

Lynne, you’ve had a busy day so far
Bet you will sleep well tonight

How are all our homies doing today?
Check in when you can

Passes given out to Schumi and Lynne as they beat me here already today

Up early but not enough...power went out, running late to GD home gymnastics meet. No breakfast for us
6F73816A-C334-4B95-8475-3463D656A98B.jpeg

Made it with 20 min to spare! No breakfast tho. Refused to eat nachos & cheese from concession stand lol. Home by 3 pm. Famished, grabbed frozen, breaded shrimp. Always a lifesaver! Now time to pack

GDs results were great...in her age group, came in 2nd overall (1st in vault, 2nd in Floor & bars, 3rd in beam). She already qualified for states & regionals. Think it helped take off pressure today at home meet.

I am not a good sailor. Hence, stayed on the top decks most of yesterda
The worst. Did u try green apples? seems to help along with fresh air & staring at horizon. I used to do patch but similar side effects when back on land. Now I pop a non drowsy dramine but when it’s rocking & rolling, not much really helps.
DH served on aircraft carrier, he laughed off remnants of early dec hurricane. Even crew green the first few days lol
Well, waiting for our plane. Was a quick trip out of the ship, thanks to faster to fun as not a silver or gold cruiser, then a walk to our rental,15 or so minutes drive to get to rental return, all done in about 45 minutes from leaving our 8th deck cabin. Nice.

Glad our flight is a go, busy airport and many annoyed at the number of cancellations we see posted.

Hope a Sunday afternoon is good for all.

We should be back at lunchtime, then little one has to unpack then pack. Yep, she returns as a Sophomore college kid this Spring session by dinner tonight. Back to school and work tomorrow for all but older one. He does not start until next week. Super nice for him. And no, we decided to just do fun around home as I will take Friday off. Yeah, no need to go back to a full week of work yet, and double yay, as Monday is a holiday for us next week, so bonus four day weekend if I take Friday off.

Ooh little one got food, so later homies.
F2F is a great value even OOP. One of our perks, but have been doing RCCL living those oasis monster ships. We get squat in way of perks from them for now at least
Yep, she returns as a Sophomore college kid this Spring session by dinner tonight
Sweeeet! Did she test out or do AP classes in HS?
Smart as a whip and a stunner! The total package, you done good:)
I`m laughing so hard right now....but with good reason!

We were supposed to have our decorator come in on Thursday to start decorating the study and one of the spare rooms....he is fitting us in and doing it in bits and pieces as he is so busy.....we told him to pop the quote in whenever he got the chance......anyway, he couldn't make Thursday and it`ll be next month now before he starts which is fine with us, we`re in no rush. So, he buzzed to say he was here a little while ago with the quote, although we`ve already told him to do it as he doesn`t rip anyone off.....we made him and cuppa and opened it when he was gone.

It was a price of almost £9000...........:rotfl:

Tom said, I think he`s put his prices up a little :lmao:...…..yes, he had put someone else`s final bill into our envelope...….thank goodness!!! Says he`ll pop it back next time he`s round this way......no rush we told him. Wait till he`s coming to start the job.

Almost needed something stronger than tea......::yes::
Interesting re the bill lol she’s the peanut in the front holding team sign

F6D09842-DA72-4CA0-8AA4-EA0F825C714B.jpeg7DF664CF-FF26-44F9-BF76-3BCDBE2B8150.jpeg

Waiting in airport - our flight delayed a bit as other flights having issues. Should just be 30 minutes or so, airport crowded. Rental car return line (the first one you see as you come to terminals- had huge backed up line. DH driving and was not happy we missed the line even though I tried to tell him there’s another one. Thankfully he saw what I was talking about and we zipped in quick. Why doesn’t he ever listen to me :rotfl2: ? That and TSA prechecmeant downtime for us, and glad we did the couple hours at Epcot today. Lots of marathoners trying to get home I guess., and the bigTSA line and horrendous rental car return line (if you don’t know to wait for the second one when there’s no good sign saying there’s another line up ahead) has made more than one family do an airport dash!

Quilt is gorgeous!
Lynne cruise looks fun! Will be moving our 2021 Jan cruise to either 2022 or thanksgiving 2021, but more likely 2022. Hoping can fit I shorter cruise before then.
Weather gorgeous past few days. Actually hot and humid today. DH joined me at Universal on Friday and we stayed until 6ish. Hargis’s dropped to 75 min posted wait and when we got here posted 60 minute wait so we got in line and 42 minutes later walking out after another thrilling ride! Really is a great coaster!
While I’m not anxious to be back to cold and snow I am ready for my bed and to see the kids and puppy and chickens. Oldest has been babying the puppy- guess he didn’t like the storms Friday night - so now will have to unspoiled him.

so looking at August and maybe thanksgiving this year for return...will see.

Lynne, you’ve had a busy day so far
Bet you will sleep well tonight

How are all our homies doing today?
Check in when you can

Passes given out to Schumi and Lynne as they beat me here already today

:wave2:

Waiting in airport - our flight delayed a bit as other flights having issues. Should just be 30 minutes or so, airport crowded. Rental car return line (the first one you see as you come to terminals- had huge backed up line. DH driving and was not happy we missed the line even though I tried to tell him there’s another one. Thankfully he saw what I was talking about and we zipped in quick. Why doesn’t he ever listen to me :rotfl2: ? That and TSA prechecmeant downtime for us, and glad we did the couple hours at Epcot today. Lots of marathoners trying to get home I guess., and the bigTSA line and horrendous rental car return line (if you don’t know to wait for the second one when there’s no good sign saying there’s another line up ahead) has made more than one family do an airport dash!

Quilt is gorgeous!
Lynne cruise looks fun! Will be moving our 2021 Jan cruise to either 2022 or thanksgiving 2021, but more likely 2022. Hoping can fit I shorter cruise before then.
Weather gorgeous past few days. Actually hot and humid today. DH joined me at Universal on Friday and we stayed until 6ish. Hargis’s dropped to 75 min posted wait and when we got here posted 60 minute wait so we got in line and 42 minutes later walking out after another thrilling ride! Really is a great coaster!
While I’m not anxious to be back to cold and snow I am ready for my bed and to see the kids and puppy and chickens. Oldest has been babying the puppy- guess he didn’t like the storms Friday night - so now will have to unspoiled him.

so looking at August and maybe thanksgiving this year for return...will see.

Hagrids is really a cool ride we like it, great addition!!!

Yep, Keisha, a deal, 17 credits for 5 AP tests (which in our darn state costs $100.00 each, and she scored 3 5’s and 2 4’s. So $500 for a session, and no housing costs, deal!). So as the university counts those credits as a first session, so she’s done 32 credits at the end of this first fall session, hence, now a sophomore.

And yes, I will be sleeping like a log. Work tomorrow, so early day for me.

At little one’s school, as quite the drop off of those college kids.

Mostly lazy Sunday today. We got to church this morning and dh discovered that he had left his wallet at home, so I got to play chauffeur for the part of the afternoon. I don't really like driving his car because I am just not used to it. Now we are watching the football playoff games.

I texted my brother in Georgia to make sure he is okay. He is fine and sent me a picture of him and his fiancée (still can't get used to saying that). Now I finally have a face to put with the name.

Keisha - I actually fell asleep while watching Mr. Toad. I still plan to ride the ride once we get back to DL. Congrats to you granddaughter.

Lynne - Welcome back. Looks like you had a wonderful time. B is going back as a sophomore too. No AP classes, but she earned 12 credit hours through dual enrollment.

Schumi - I did the money conversion. Wow, I can see why you were surprised at the total. Good to know that it was a mistake. Sometime this spring we are going to get estimates on interior painting and having the carpet replaced with other flooring.

It won't be long before we have to take B back to campus. Classes start tomorrow. DH is back at work tomorrow. Life returns to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter