Something About Nothing............ #14

D3608455-8289-4C01-A750-48E33894BB1F.jpeg

And to think, we were on a ship earlier today.
But as all good times come to an end, that RC Harmony will be same time, next year.

Abd yep, Charade, back to routine we go. With thoughts of a small trip, closer to home for Spring Break.

Have a wonderful night, all.

Had to leave room, as older one found his online friends were happy to chat and jointly play games.

:wave2: Making a late night stop in!

Just enjoying the last of ta quiet cold weekend. Watching Outlander with a beverage and cuddles under a blanket enjoying the quiet of the house. It was a very lazy day today. We did venture out into the cold to pick up groceries...honestly our cupboards and freezer were a little empty since we really haven't bought anything since before xmas. So it was time to do a good stock up of everything again. I also was able to have an awesome nap this afternoon, which I rarely do...but it felt so nice to cuddle under the covers and just doze for an hour ::yes::

Lynne...I hope your= make it home safe. It looks like your cruise was amazing besides rocky seas. The dd and I did a short cruise once on a smaller ship with Carnival. The days were good...but the nights....oh boy...the one night it was VERY rocky. We tried to go to the theatre to watch whatever musical they were performing. But We could feel the ship rocking and our glasses were slowly walking off the table. We went to our room, took some anti nausea medication and went to sleep. That one night was pretty rocky. I would not go on another small ship again. I would love to try another cruise, and the dh is interested in doing one...so maybe one day we will actually do it! Your pictures look amazing!!! I hope your DD settles back into dorm life fast again like she did in the fall. And hopefully you don't miss her too much

Schumi...that quote :scared1: lol. I'm glad that it wasn't your price :laughing: Sounds like some busy times ahead for you. I love doing things like that. Change is always great!!!!

Monyk...It sounds like it was a good time at Universal. Even on the worst day...it would be a good day at universal ;)

Well...I should head to bed soon. Morning always comes fast. I'll leave the light on for anyone who can't sleep or Schumi...who will be getting up soon
Keisha...wow...congrats to your gd. That is awesome!!!! And hopefully you have a good trip with your son!

Charade...I'm glad your family is ok in Gerogia. That is just scary. I'm glad you had a lazy day. Some days, we just need that to recharge!

Keisha......love the meme!!! No breakfast.......eeek!! I’d be passing out! Lovely pics of GD.......and congrats to her.......

You leave tonight? Have a fabulous trip, hope it’s a lot of fun.......

Monyk, sounds like you had a lovely trip and good weather too.......and glad you got to enjoy Hagrid’s!

Pumpkin.....glad of the light.....I’m up a little early this morning too! Yes, the thought of paying that much to decorate two rooms......lol.......he was so apologetic on the phone........I told him to make sure the other folks weren’t whooping with delight.......lol......I love an afternoon nap now and again....especially in winter......we started watching Outlander, but after about 5 or 6 episodes we got away from it and didn’t really get back into it....but it was good.

Monday again.....and we have more high gales predicted later today into tonight......doesn’t sound like fun.

Will have a ginger tea now and breakfast later......not sure what we’re up to today.....something always turns up to do.

Have a good Monday........

4568EB21-303F-414C-AB43-03BBFB09CC63.png

Yep, the back to routine has started. Not that cool, but a nippy wind to the 42 degrees the car said. Dark as night, with a clear sky.

Hope your Morning was good Schumi, and something fun or interesting for today. Eek, with those gale winds to come again tonight.

Pumpkin, stay warm. Yeah, I get motion sickness fast, but none of my other family members do. So medicate I do, and lay low on a high middle deck, when rocking in rough seas. Thanks for the safe travel. We had an uneventful return, and yep, little one will be back to routine soon too. She really likes the university she is attending.

So, time for tea, and to determine what I need to delete, and what I need to save.

Have that Marvelous Monday, homies.

Getting back to normal is never fun Lynne....but you have a short week....that's always good!! Enjoy that tea....

I had a dull but productive morning......cleaned the insides of the downstairs windows....well some of them!

Then cleaned the normal oven....brought the shelves out and scrubbed them. You can buy those bags to put them in but I don't like them, I like to do it myself. The oven is never that bad the way you see some folks ovens.......I keep on top of it, but why do you on tv cook shows and show your filthy oven :scared1:

So, not exactly an exciting morning.

Almost lunch time here......not quite sure what to have to be honest.

Carole today we head out, don’t ask if I’m packed, coffee first. Got up at 5 am to get boarding group for SwA and promptly feel back to sleep haha

So DiL and I both bought raffle tix for an AI at the meet yesterday. Somebody’s going to Antigua and it’s not me lol. Glad she won, we’ve been there on cruise in the past. Beautiful beaches, after that the activities consist of a goat farm

one more pic of the real winner. Had to laugh, rarely do they do the trophy thing in that sport. Dusting them (and Knick knacks) is one of my least fav chores

63647A23-EF92-433E-A94D-9F96F7BB17B4.jpeg

Good morning, homies! It's happy Monday time unfortunately. :laughing:

Amazing photos of the quilt, @Pumpkin1172! Also, it looks like you had a lot of fun @Lynne G. In the time that I got distracted this weekend and didn't post you've reported on your trip and already home just in time for @schumigirl's bacon. @keishashadow sounds like while you're tired, you're also having a lot of fun!

I did a lot of antiquing this weekend with the fam in Titusville and added plus, is it gave us a reason to go to Dixie Crossroads. For those who visit FL and like to occasionally go to other places other than just Universal, or the typical Florida vacation spots, I suggest you hit it on the way, or if you're going to the Kennedy Space Center anyway. For all I know, some of you might have already experienced it.

The ultimate item I'm trying to find at this point (which seems impossible) is finding a Pirates of the Caribbean record of the attraction. There is more than that I look for, but that is the thing that I look for. While I collect variety of Disney vintage items, I collected records for awhile and realized I had enough of films and started to focus on attractions, as those seem to be more difficult to find and I've always been a fan of classic attractions. I try not to cave and get anything from the internet.

Carole today we head out, don’t ask if I’m packed, coffee first. Got up at 5 am to get boarding group for SwA and promptly feel back to sleep haha

So DiL and I both bought raffle tix for an AI at the meet yesterday. Somebody’s going to Antigua and it’s not me lol. Glad she won, we’ve been there on cruise in the past. Beautiful beaches, after that the activities consist of a goat farm

one more pic of the real winner. Had to laugh, rarely do they do the trophy thing in that sport. Dusting them (and Knick knacks) is one of my least fav chores

View attachment 464757

She is such a little star!!! Cute picture and well done again to her....

lol.....what a prize!!!! er, the beaches do sound nice.......not sure about the goat farm :rotfl: Last thing I won in a raffle was a years supply of cat food!!!! Yes, very funny .....I donated them to a charity....they were glad of them!!! Antigua is a few notches above cat food!!!

And I`m guessing you`re not packed.....:P......You`ll get there.....packing early is overrated anyway..….:thumbsup2

Winds are building now......trees are billowing around us and the sea is as angry as I`ve ever seen it. Not pretty and wouldn`t like to be out in a ship today! I hate high winds.

Lamps are all on around our home too as it`s gone fairly dark.

Time for a cuppa.......

Case of Stella bought as a surprise & cake in the oven for the mr. next up a slow oven pit roast. All to assuage my guilty conscience for leaving my better half behind

Carole happy BD to your boy!

Case of Stella bought as a surprise & cake in the oven for the mr. next up a slow oven pit roast. All to assuage my guilty conscience for leaving my better half behind

Carole happy BD to your boy!

Nice treat for your mister Keisha....that’ll go down well........

Thanks.....will pass it on tomorrow.......looking forward to our dinner out in the evening......we’re taking him and picking him up from work as the pub we’re going to is quite a drive away and seems silly for him to come all the way home, around 45 minutes, then drive back almost an hour. So they can change at the office and we’ll all go straight from there......should be nice.

Anyway......hope you’re ready to leave or already left for the hotel........

Have a great trip.......:wave2:

Safe journey to Keisha and son today...….:wave2:

Tuesday it is...….and can`t believe my baby boy is 26 today :hug:

Took him to work this morning as we`re picking them up to go for dinner tonight...….I forget how much traffic there is that time of the morning. Our village is quiet as you go through it, but once you get through that and onto the main roads......peak time traffic isn`t fun!

Then popped in quickly for some bits and bobs to the farm store and we were home for around 9.30! Feels early......

Lazy day till we face the busy traffic later today when we go back out....but......no cooking tonight!!!

Happy Tuesday......

A big Happy Birthday to Kyle! Yay, for dinner out to celebrate.

Yeah, rush hour traffic. Takes me 25 or so minutes to go 7 miles at night, most work days.

Well, yes indeed it is a Tuesday, and to celebrate Kyle's birthday, why not pick up a taco or two, at Taco Bell today? Taco Tuesday is here. Yes, the day Mac usually does her Taco Bell run, even if not having those chicken tacos she so enjoys.

FF029BEC-03BA-4381-A57B-D16B7B1C0D88.jpeg

Woot! Woot!

464937 ha, ha, Harry humour!

Well, whatever you decide to eat today, hope it was what you wanted and enjoyed it.

Happy travels to Keisha and her boy today. Hope you both have an awesome time, safe travels.

Ooh, they weather lady said fog may be seen this morning. Yeah, only on my car windows. At least it was 39 out, but felt cool. And they are predicting snow this weekend. Yep, the time if year, 67 out last weekend, 20’s this coming weekend. The arctic air is coming by weeks’s end, then predicting it will hang around for some time. Ah, winter. When you complain about the cold, and dream when it is hot, when then you can say, wow, it’s hot out.

Tea for me, and since the office is feeling a bit cool, tea day. And yes, sweater is already on.

Later homies! Good Morning, and I hope this finds you happy today.

Yes, happy birthday to the birthday boy and wishes of safe travel! That goes to anyone else as well who have to travel whether for business, or pleasure too, as I know a lot of you have more difficulties due to the cold weather. I'm starting to wonder what this next Florida summer is going to bring as it's been a relatively warm winter.

Also, it's Taco Tuesday, homies! Which also means that officially in a week I'll be starting college again. Going to be taking Network Plus. Cue the music.

Last edited:
Happy morning to all!

:cake: Happy birthday Kyle
I made sure it was chocolate

Lynne
Too bad it’s a work day for you
But good it will be a short one for you this week
Yaaaaa

Disxuni
One more week and it’s school time again for you
Hope it’s a good semester for you

Schumi
It’s a awesome day for you
Kyle arrived!
You and Tom were thrilled for that precious baby

I have not gone back to catch up so sorry if I missed you here
I have rushed through the thread at times and never mean to miss mentioning the homies

Nice, Dix, back to school soon too. Yep, while little one started yesterday, older one does not start until next Wednesday. See, we have a Monday holiday, so to not short the Monday classes at the start of the back to school week, they are starting on Wednesday.

Ack, time for lunch.

:wave2: Morning stop in!!!

Mac...I hope you have a great day and get to enjoy your tacos today!

Schumi...happy Birthday to both you and Kyle...I always think it's an important day to remember that's when you first became a Momma :lovestruc It sure would be nice if they came with instruction manuals at times lol. I hope you have a great dinner out with him!

Disxuni....that' awesome!!!! Any extra education is a wonderful addition and if you can put it to use...even BETTER!!!!

Well...we are in the deep freeze. Hopefully it should only last the week. Yesterday morning it was -45C or -49F . It was frightfully cold. The one ds had to go to school yesterday to write one part of his government exams ( as he's upgrading to get into a better college ) and the other one stayed home. Today they are both staying home and not moving. I went to work yesterday and today. Froze all day yesterday, as my space heater in my office quit working :sad:. I was so cold...I whipped up supper quick and then proceeded to have a 2 hr long bath to warm myself up. Sigh...once I get cold...it take forever for me to warm up. I'm soooo not built for the cold. Today was not much better But I did walk into my office this morning, and there was a new space heater already waiting for me to plug in and turn on. It was sitting on my desk with a bow on it. So I'm much happier today with some warmth under my desk. I don't feel the drafts anymore when the door is opened by customers.

Other than that...I sat on my butt, covered my one of my heavy quilts with the remote in my hand and the kindle in the other. i was not risking getting chilled again. I'm hoping that after tomorrow it should start to warm up. I'm crossing my fingers that the cold moves and doesn't do a polar vortex and just sit here - which happens.

Not sure what I will do to keep busy today at work, but hoping to maybe hit the project room tonight and finish up another quilt I had started for myself...time to get that one finished.

Have a great day everyone!

You disappeared again!

It is time to come back “ home” again!
I go nuts when I don’t know where my homies are...

Let us know how you and the family are doing

Hello!! Thanks for thinking about me it feels really nice,:goodvibes I am sorry I disappeared again. I was having problems for a couple of weeks with pop ads that wouldn't let me stay on the site. Then before Christmas my sister n law was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am probably the closest to her out of Brian's family. She also shares the BRCA 2 gene like me and it kind of hit home. I have been in a funk for awhile. I know I can't stay there to much to be thankful for and happy about... Update on my sister n law she had her double mastectomy last week, she should know this week if she will need chemo. They did catch it early so it should be stage 1. I have also had some hard decisions on some medical stuff and will opt to have some preventative surgery the begining of March. A lot going on.

I would like to wish a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the SANS family:D:DI hope everyone had great memories with family and friends. Ours was as good as it could be. I did have my usual get together Christmas Eve and went to my brother's Christmas day. The teens were happy with everything so that was good.

Liv just started her second semester this week. I think getting straight A's last term boosted her confidence. On line school has been good for her health. She is feeling better on her schedule. Her best friend who moved last month is here for the week visiting. I am taking the 4 teens to Kalahari Resort in Penn tomorrow overnight. It is a real nice indoor water park. Charlie is doing good. I have to push him to do his school work but he is getting by. The teens are still at Target. We just celebrated Charlie turning 18 this weekend.

We are plugging along on the house. We hope to have everything done and put on the market by sometime in March. Just looking at different things for moving. It is exciting and a lot of pressure at the same time. I appreciate anyone who can offer any help or advice who lives in Florida. I take all information:thumbsup2

I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing and socializing again. I really do miss the thread and have thought about everyone often.

I am off to do things before we leave I will come back!!

Thanks everyone:)

Pinky promise you’ll be back....
Im sure you will

Awful news of your sil
Sending hugs
:grouphug:

Great news about your daughter in college!

Hope your “son” gets more serious about school
It’s his senior year and many that age take their time getting school work done

Sounds like you have a good plan for the moving
Hope your house sells at the price you want and you find another lovely home in Florida

I’m glad you came back home here!
You have been missed

Quick :car:

Happy birthday to Kyle. :bday:

Taco cat looks like he’s ready to murder someone.

Disxuni - Good luck for the upcoming semester.

Pumpkin - Warm weather wishes for you.

Bobbie - Welcome back. So sorry to hear about your SIL. My mom is a breast cancer survivor. They caught it early and she did not have to have chemo.

Only day 2 of the semester and I’ve already had to send stuff to school for B. She left her glasses and new winter gloves at home.

:wave: To anyone I have missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter