Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning and happy Friday. I’m spending the day doing all the things i was going to do back on Monday. I just finished a thorough cleaning of the main bathroom. I think I will start some laundry next.

Omg we are on the same flight!!!!
That’s great. Y’all can meet before you get to Orlando.

Charade, hope you pass that stone, and are feeling much better. Nice to score those BG tickets. We haven't been to that BG in quite some time, long time, when the kids were young. DH had work in Virginia Beach, so we drove over to BG for some fun, and since older one has always been a history fan, we had to check out that too. Hoping the scary stuff is not too bad for you and B. At least most of the rides should be open.
Thanks Lynne. I am feeling much, much better than I was on Monday. We are only about 3 hours from BG, so It’s not too bad of a drive. I’m thinking most everything except the water rides should be open. We will probably get there when it opens stay until the scary stuff starts. We can do other stuff in Williamsburg in the evening. There is this really nice Christmas shop that I love to go to .

Well, if you move around, there will always be another big city. I'm glad to hear from you. Hope you feel better soon!
Ugh, no. I don’t ever want to move again.

I think I will toss a load in the wash and then grab some lunch.

Lynne I’m hopeful that I’ll get some shut eye. Bringing flight pillow and fleece blanket! May take some Gravol, that makes me sleepy.

Is the new Dark Arts projection show only during HHN nights? I’d love to see it but have the sinking feeling I won’t be able too.

On Monday & Tuesday I notice there’s no HHN but park is still closing at 6:00?

Robo lol. I can just see husbands expression if he saw me dancing around suitcase while filling! He’d probably be getting the butterfly net out lol!

Sue, it's in IOA, so hopefully you can see it on your days not doing HHN. Hope your pampering left you with blonde again, and pretty nails. So nice to be pampered.

Time for that walk. And I'm ready. Later homies. Happy Friday. Can't say that enough. LOL

Is the new Dark Arts projection show only during HHN nights? I’d love to see it but have the sinking feeling I won’t be able too.

On Monday & Tuesday I notice there’s no HHN but park is still closing at 6:00?
I saw the list times on the website
That show will be shown also on hhn nights,

Dates for it are listed

@Sue M It's been a couple of years since I've been to Universal, but generally, around the non-peak season it's not unusual for Universal can be closed at the earliest 6 unfortunately, average 6-8.

Sue, it's in IOA, so hopefully you can see it on your days not doing HHN. Hope your pampering left you with blonde again, and pretty nails. So nice to be pampered.

Time for that walk. And I'm ready. Later homies. Happy Friday. Can't say that enough. LOL
Yay! I forget which is in what park for HP.
Yep. In salon now doing hair!

Legally blonde, I hope, Sue. LOL And glad you don't have the bad hair day, as we have. That lunchtime walk was quite windy, and last part of the walk, some light rain blowing on me. Not enough for an umbrella, and I was not going to risk opening my umbrella, due to the wind. And was happy to have my sweater on, though got almost too warm by the end too. Now, the AC must have been turned off, as almost too warm inside, and warmer than outside.

Hey, it's Friday! And ugh, late day, oh well. At least I'll be home in time for a late dinner. Thinking since I need gas, and Sam's pizza is decent, and a cheap dinner. Hmmmm.

Hot Hot Hot here.....:sunny:

Arrived last night after a fabulous flight......no delays, no detours up high......straight across the Atlantic where we even saw the edge of Dorian......impressive!

Thank you for all the good wishes.......appreciate it........

Got a lovely suite again in Sapphire......hotel is quietish, but will get busier......

HHN tonight......so excited for that! But, only plan to do a short visit then leave.......

So good to be back!!!

Hot Hot Hot here.....:sunny:

Arrived last night after a fabulous flight......no delays, no detours up high......straight across the Atlantic where we even saw the edge of Dorian......impressive!

Thank you for all the good wishes.......appreciate it........

Got a lovely suite again in Sapphire......hotel is quietish, but will get busier......

HHN tonight......so excited for that! But, only plan to do a short visit then leave.......

So good to be back!!!
Glad flight went well! Must have been something seeing the edge of Dorian.
Now to get on EST! Hope you get a good sleep in tonight!

Friday yes.. Finally.
Scattered kids and DH-Subway sandwiches for a couple of us. Did a quick fried rice last night after work (OMG long day) with leftovers in fridge and managed to use 1/2 dozen eggs. YAY to Carol and Tom making it to Orlando-eagerly waiting for reports of HHN this year!
Connected with Pattyw-meeting up with her on 22nd at HRH. And hope to connect with @Sue M too., and lots of others around!

I did buy the faster to the fun
So worth it! Especially if have a tender port or have to go to Guest services.
And ooh, think the AC is in. Yep, tomorrow’s weather is from Dorian, 200 or so miles out to sea by the time she passes us, and will still send 35 or so mph winds, and chances of rain where I live.
UGH Dorian the gift that keeps on giving. Our Virginia Beach friends were prepping. DD in Florida in Jacksonville said storm wasn't any worse than a usual storm. She flew out to Austria this am-conference there next week but went a few days early for sight seeing.
I started to post a few times, but I would either get distracted or doze off.
this is me this entire week. Took cold med last night to stop the sneezing and passed out with phone and ipad in bed apparently. DH found them this morning wrapped up in comforter LOL. Glad to hear you are doing better.
I'm planning on getting the premier AP
Love my premier AP although I do the RoF as one night of HHN isn't enough. The EP after 4 is so nice though!! Can stay off property and still do lots of stuff, especially during busy times.
Thanks everyone for letting me know what to expect during non HHN hours. Too bad all is covered during the daytime! Wouldn’t mind seeing sets during daylight, lol. When it’s not as scary!
What about the daytime Unmasking tour? We are signed up for 6 house tour on 21st. Missed it last year as I waited too late. Booked it quick this year. Hope Ghostbusters and Classic monsters are part of it.
I’m off this morning to have sparkles
and I know I had to call to schedule something else! UGH Hope the sparkle enhancement (ie recovery/concealment) was successful.
I am feeling much, much better than I was on Monday.
Yay!

Wonder how @KStarfish82 and her sweet babies are doing?

So DH and I may be going to conference in Orlando in January-and he's now said he wants to do AP to Disney if we do go...as I am upgrading in September if we do January as well. Our AP's would then be valid for AUgust when his DD has her conference (2020 is at Contemporary-last month was Grand Floridian). And I'll bet he ends up with AP at Universal too if that happens. Is it wrong that I am already looking at airfare for a quick trip for Mardi gras/Flower &Garden?? His annual company meeting (the Worlds finest chocolate one) 2020 July may be in Portland or Orlando or stay in Chicago-I would forgo the AP to Disney to go back to Portland! Hoping we know soon so we can start making plans. The high money producers in the company have said locations favored are Orlando or Portland though...and the VP of company is on west Coast. Have I said how much I loved Portland?

I need to win the lottery to fulfill my travel wishes LOL!

Coffee maker set to brew when I hit button when I get up. Thinking it is bedtime for me soon. 12 sleeps til I am at "other" home and HHN!! 13 sleeps to Galaxies Edge and Food& wine!

Woot, a Schumi posting. Glad to hear happy, and ooh nice treat to see that cloud formation.

Eh, not much on this Friday night, did a MonyK, and took a nap with iPad still running and phone beside me. Awake enough now, to do that before bed routine. Tired still, so no night owl posting most likely. L

MonyK, yep most of our ports are tenders, so you can bet, I want to be on the first ones. And hope means early opening of room, too. And haha, yep AP burns a hole in your wallet. Why August trip for us, had to get the most of that AP.

And we had rain, thank you hurricane, but she is motoring now, and will be giving North of us the now just larger storm. Seems no eye now, but still a powerful one.

Have a good night homies. Catch a most restful one tonight.

I am so ready for a wake up and not move out of bed for quite awhile morning. That should be tomorrow. 😊

Monyk, you have lots of great trips lined up
It’s such a shame that your job keeps you from vacationing more...

Been reading a site of peeps reports on tonights hhn

Crowds did not seem bad

Guess it is time to tuck all the homies to bed but will leave the light on for any latecomers

Yep, mac they were correct......crowds weren’t awful. I still wouldn’t do it without EP......lines were 80 minutes at some points.

We went in around 7ish, it was busy......but not mobbed like last year. Ghostbusters was 75 minutes.......with EP we were in the house in around 5 minutes, it was excellent not having to wait. The house itself isn’t scary......now can you make Ghostbusters scary........it was more fun......would do it again.

Yeti was an hour for regular line, again, around the 5 minute mark to get in.......it wasn’t the freezing cold house as reported......but fun......few scares at the end.

Us......it was a little eerie.......no real scares. 50 minute line and again, little to no wait for EP.

Stranger Things had gone down from 90 minutes to 75 when we went in, this was the house we waited the longest, around 15 minutes. This house has a strong sweet smell......not nice and would put me off. Lots of strobe lighting. No real scares.

Killer Klowns was fun........80 minute wait and we were less than 10 minutes. I’d do this house again purely for the fun factor.

Did a couple of the scare zones. They’re just not scary. The one where Terminator was, you’d say it was different.......entertaining but not scary.

We only did the front area of the park, and it is fun. But I want the bejeesus scared out of me.........where are the scares??

Spoke to a few TM later who said the same thing........hopefully it’s first night teething issues....

Didn’t have any food. Saw someone’s pizza fries and it looked like a mess in a tray......not very appetising. Will try some of the food on a different night.

We had a fun night though and then went back to Strong Water Bar......almost time for bed as it feels like 5am for us......should be adjusted by tomorrow........

I hope you are up well tomorrow !

You have a birthday to celebrate tomorrow

Came back to correct my date error so Schumi can celebrate her birthday on the correct day
I screwed up the date

But if no one reads my correction, she will have two different days to celebrate this year

I hope you are up well tomorrow !

You have a birthday to celebrate tomorrow
Have tom you wake up early
Birthdays are meant to be celebrated all day and night long

Hope it is a sweet one for our Carole ‘

Not me mac.......my birthday isn’t till the 13th.....we have Ocean Prime booked for my birthday celebration dinner........but I’ll take an early Happy Birthday anytime......:)

Forgot to write above the hotel guest entrance is now over to the LEFT as you approach the park. They still have signs showing you the way though. You can’t really miss them.

Up far too early this morning.......Tom is still sleeping, so came through to the sitting area to have a quick flick through the net.........still haven’t decide what to do today.

Going to St Augustine on Sunday that much we know.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday......

Monykalyn yep sparkle concealment went well! We thought about doing the daylight chicken tour lol! But didn’t book.
Is @pattyw staying at HRH too?
I’ve yet to make it down to Portland! Something I keep wanting to do.

Well, somehow DH knocked the radio on, beep, time is 4:00 am. Yeah, I am awake. Listen for a bit, it is a news channel, and they cover the headlines, bit of local info, business bit, traffic, and weather in 10 or so minute loops. Learned not much new in the headlines, what was going on in the City today, the market watch info, car crashes in the overnight hours, and road closures for stuff happening in the City today, and temp is 52 out, with a full sunny and nice day with high close to 80. Sounded like all the stuff I generally knew, including local road closures of the main road next to me, for local part of my neighborhood that is having a car show this weekend. Then I decided to go back to sleep, and up by 7:30. Good thing is I am hanging wash out now.

Yay, Sue is blonde and happy with her hairdo, and hope you get to Portland this weekend.

Ah, time for another load of wash. DH is heading out the door, so I will start some eggs for breakfast to wake older one when I finish stuffing the towels and some clothes in this next load.

Have a super duper Saturday!

And I have to say, not as scary and fun, sorry, but that sounds like a good night for me. But my visit is just short of a month from now, so I guess I will hear if any scarier corrections are made.

Quick morning check in. I’m up earlier than I wanted to be. Going to get breakfast and then vacuum the living room.

We have a fun, exciting day of cleaning the kitchen. We are going to go through every drawer and cabinet. If we find things that we haven’t used since we moved here then they will either be donated on thrown away. I’m tired of having stuff I don’t use taking up space.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter