Something About Nothing............ #14

Robo, you know Schumi is going to be all over that picture of Michael Myers you posted ..

It’s her favorite dude ( well after Tom and Kyle)

lol......love that guy!!!

Yeah, why her pizza looks like this:

View attachment 498041

:laughing:

Now that is a pizza!!!! Work of art really.......

Mac well at least you got back to sleep after the 3:00 catattude!
I don’t know why I was so tired yesterday. Went to Costco with Mr in the morning. Then quick stop at Sephora with dd so I could pick up my birthday gift. Then came home. Could hardly keep my eyes open and slept most of the day. So strange. I’m usually not an afternoon napper!

Charade yay for selling your stuff! Hope you won’t be home alone.

Schumi wow that’s hot! 97:scared:

MRose that’s great 1 new case. I forget what area you’re in?
We had 4 new cases yesterday in our province. I’ll pretend to be there too! Looks so inviting.

Charade I know! So hard not to pet the doggies. Especially when they’re puppies! So difficult to send our fur babies into vet without us. I really hate that especially if there’s a problem. Usually there’s a discussion with vet while examining.
Glad kitty did well, except for the nail trim! Too bad they couldn’t give him a tiny bit of sedition to relax him for it!

Lynne hope you were safe from the storms.

MRose we don’t throw grad parties for college/University here either. After walking the stage the college had a nice reception outside for the grads and families then we just went out for dinner.

Keisha good job on hair. I’m waiting on June 2 appt. not long now! DD hasn’t seen said raccoon in a few days so maybe she’s either hunkered down or moved on!

Charade I have a cotton one my friend made me. It’s the kind that has extra space in front. Rather than the flat ones. I have a flat one too. Like that the least. Both are hot. We wear masks whenever we go into a store. I’ve ordered 2 more from Vera Bradley online. Will see how those are. I don’t like any of them so far but you do get used to it. Sorta. My friend has one with the side vent and doesn’t feel like it’s any cooler.

Pumpkin sorry to hear about your doggy with dementia. That’s so sad. And horrible allergy wow. It must be so painful. Hope they can get to the bottom of it soon. Our cottonwood here is going crazy. Can’t open car windows or it gets in car.
I’m able to keep my allergies at bay with Reaction.
Afraid to sneeze or cough around people. You get the stink eye right away!
Things are slowly opening here too. Got my hair cut. Went to dentist.

Mac yay for getting your iMac working! I got invite too but too far away to go.

Keisha I remember the days when Mr used to pull my hair thru the cap lol. That was a long time ago and always had to talk him into it lol! Wasn’t his fav thing to do!

Monykalyn nice pup pic! Have fun on the lake!

Mac glad you got Delta sorted!

Lynne yes, wdw no ADRs or FP. So guess my adrs will be cancelled not that I had many. Don’t know if my Aug trip is a go or not yet. First have to see when our border opens, then if we have to go thru a 14 day quarantine it’s a no go too. Dd can’t take 4 weeks off work.

DisneyLife yeah, not sure about light sabre as they said all tours and extras will be canceled.
What is this B1G1 thing I’m hearing about?
Happy 40th to your wife!

Ive got carded in Florida a few times. The first time I thought the clerk was being funny and I just laughed. But clerk said really, I need to check your ID! My daughters were almost rolling on the floor laughing.:rolleyes:

MRose cute story about Rose & Crown waiter! We went when my youngest was 19 and was surprised she wasn’t legal in Florida. 19 is legal age here. That was awhile ago. She’s 30 now!

Keisha envious of your beach day. Raining here.
I’ll go with vodka too!
So what resort do you have booked. If our Aug 2 is a go we will be at CBR. Hope it’s not on cancel list.

Robo thanks for the birthday wishes! Yes I did wonder if you could see the launches. I’ve heard of people on Ft Lauderdale beaches seeing and from wdw. Just the white flash but still exciting to me!
Enjoy your sunny day! I hear it’s a 70% chance of launch today.

Mr just went out for some odds and ends for key lime pie makings. Nothing much doing here. It’s a rainy day. Was nice most of the week. Then Saturday rolls around and rain! Brother-in-law coming for dinner. Chicken on bbq. With sides.
Lazy day.

Yep, for us that is unusual......general temp was around 88-90 outside, but the part of our garden where we were sitting is so enclosed......so the heat builds easily. Much cooler today so glad we made the most of it......

lol.....yes, Kyle thought it funny every time we have been carded over there.......actually I need to take it as a compliment.......

And hope you’re happy with your hair.......I can’t wait to get mine done properly.......have a lovely evening.......

Heading up to watch the pre launch stuff now.....looking good for blast off........fingers crossed!!!

Yes Schumi, quite happy with hair. Felt so good getting it in shape! Now just waiting for colour to be done, just a few days. I go to a different place for colour. My hairdresser has allergies that prevent him from doing it and I won’t go back to his wife after she ruined 2 shirts.

Mac well at least you got back to sleep after the 3:00 catattude!
I don’t know why I was so tired yesterday. Went to Costco with Mr in the morning. Then quick stop at Sephora with dd so I could pick up my birthday gift. Then came home. Could hardly keep my eyes open and slept most of the day. So strange. I’m usually not an afternoon napper!

Schumi wow that’s hot! 97:scared:

We had 4 new cases yesterday in our province. I’ll pretend to be there too! Looks so inviting.

Charade I know! So hard not to pet the doggies. Especially when they’re puppies! So difficult to send our fur babies into vet without us. I really hate that especially if there’s a problem. Usually there’s a discussion with vet while examining.
Glad kitty did well, except for the nail trim! Too bad they couldn’t give him a tiny bit of sedition to relax him for it!

Lynne hope you were safe from the storms.

MRose we don’t throw grad parties for college/University here either. After walking the stage the college had a nice reception outside for the grads and families then we just went out for dinner.

Keisha good job on hair. I’m waiting on June 2 appt. not long now! DD hasn’t seen said raccoon in a few days so maybe she’s either hunkered down or moved on!

Charade I have a cotton one my friend made me. It’s the kind that has extra space in front. Rather than the flat ones. I have a flat one too. Like that the least. Both are hot. We wear masks whenever we go into a store. I’ve ordered 2 more from Vera Bradley online. Will see how those are. I don’t like any of them so far but you do get used to it. Sorta. My friend has one with the side vent and doesn’t feel like it’s any cooler.

Pumpkin sorry to hear about your doggy with dementia. That’s so sad. And horrible allergy wow. It must be so painful. Hope they can get to the bottom of it soon. Our cottonwood here is going crazy. Can’t open car windows or it gets in car.
I’m able to keep my allergies at bay with Reaction.
Afraid to sneeze or cough around people. You get the stink eye right away!
Things are slowly opening here too. Got my hair cut. Went to dentist.

Mac yay for getting your iMac working! I got invite too but too far away to go.

Keisha I remember the days when Mr used to pull my hair thru the cap lol. That was a long time ago and always had to talk him into it lol! Wasn’t his fav thing to do!

Monykalyn nice pup pic! Have fun on the lake!

Mac glad you got Delta sorted!

Lynne yes, wdw no ADRs or FP. So guess my adrs will be cancelled not that I had many. Don’t know if my Aug trip is a go or not yet. First have to see when our border opens, then if we have to go thru a 14 day quarantine it’s a no go too. Dd can’t take 4 weeks off work.

DisneyLife yeah, not sure about light sabre as they said all tours and extras will be canceled.
What is this B1G1 thing I’m hearing about?
Happy 40th to your wife!

Ive got carded in Florida a few times. The first time I thought the clerk was being funny and I just laughed. But clerk said really, I need to check your ID! My daughters were almost rolling on the floor laughing.:rolleyes:

MRose cute story about Rose & Crown waiter! We went when my youngest was 19 and was surprised she wasn’t legal in Florida. 19 is legal age here. That was awhile ago. She’s 30 now!

Keisha envious of your beach day. Raining here.
I’ll go with vodka too!
So what resort do you have booked. If our Aug 2 is a go we will be at CBR. Hope it’s not on cancel list.

Robo thanks for the birthday wishes! Yes I did wonder if you could see the launches. I’ve heard of people on Ft Lauderdale beaches seeing and from wdw. Just the white flash but still exciting to me!
Enjoy your sunny day! I hear it’s a 70% chance of launch today.

Mr just went out for some odds and ends for key lime pie makings. Nothing much doing here. It’s a rainy day. Was nice most of the week. Then Saturday rolls around and rain! Brother-in-law coming for dinner. Chicken on bbq. With sides.
Lazy day.

HHN tickets B1G1

Launch was perfect! Yea!
Disney BOGO on a $200 souvenir.... :rotfl2:
Seriously lol. I thot I missed out on a pricing mistake on website
Did you tell me you enjoyed Knives Out?? I forget...
Yes, it was great. Thot it might be a bit too slow to the burn for the mr but he loved it. I was able to snag on amazon @$9 a while back. It’ll be one of those ones I’ll go back to watch that stellar cast chew up the scenery

My concern for others who will possibly do VR appointments who are not in health profession is that something critical will not be caught. These things are easily found at hands on Doc appointment. Especially if that person has a preexisting condition.
Yes, I insisted the mr have an in office appt for his annual cardiologist
Watches already can read your heart rhythm
We have the fitbits, if we’d use all the features would be a few pds lighter lol
I usually will drive up to a place on Banana River on 528. Basically right across the river from VAB. Launch pad 39A to to the right of that a little piece. It’s about 45 minutes to an hour south of were my home is.
Sounds much better view than jetty park
Idk starting to think they move in packs. There an empty hoarder house across street. They institutionalized the owner. Filthy loaded, spinster that lived with her now deceased mom. Nursing home & her family has refused to let it be sold. Borough had to go to court to request tear down. It’s turning into critter condos. Slowly moving thru the system nearly five years later. Believe the overflow raccoons are crossing the street to our yard.
At least no kids or crackheads have discovered it
I switched to pop
I won’t go back to his wife after she ruined 2 shirts.
After too many unfortunate instances, decided to deem the then- last ruined shirt as my ‘salon’ shirt lol.

Today is one of those days when I have so much to do and absolutely no motivation to do any of it. It doesn't help knowing that I was supposed to be in Atlanta today. I did manage to get the kitchen, living room, and main bathroom clean. I also did some more organizing of the spare room.

A new virtual reality game room is set to open next month just steps away from my office. B and I went over there today and the owner let us take a little pre-opening tour. He allowed us to sample one of the machines, so B and I rode a virtual rollercoaster. It was pretty cool. I think this place will be a hit once it is able to fully open .

When I was in my 20’s got asked more than once which high school I went to. Um, graduated years ago. Some places card regardless of whether you look over 21 or not. Don’t care, I will show the card if I need to.
I've never been carded (I don't buy anything I would need to be over a certain age to use) but I used to get mistaken for much younger all the time. Not so much now that I am in my 50's, but a few years ago my dentist thought I was 37.

I didn't know so many places didn't have a mask requirement. Yes, it probably would've helped if they had implemented it earlier. I hope your cases slow down.
Up until Friday masks were just suggested.

I remember eating at Rose and Crown in Epcot
How did you like that restaurant. Next time we go to Disney I want to eat at some places we haven't tried before. That one is on my radar.

My concern for others who will possibly do VR appointments who are not in health profession is that something critical will not be caught. These things are easily found at hands on Doc appointment. Especially if that person has a preexisting condition.
That's something I would never attempt to do on my own. I have zero medical experience. Thankfully we can still get in person appointments.

I make sure that DH is home when someone comes to get something.

Too bad they couldn’t give him a tiny bit of sedition to relax him for it!
That's what the gabapentin is for. I just couldn't get the cat to take it.

Mr just went out for some odds and ends for key lime pie makings.
Yum! Save me a slice.

That’s why I didn’t know about it! I’m too chicken for HHN!
I think if we can ever arrange a fall meetup we will have 2 groups - the HHN group and the chicken group. I'll be with the chickens. I guess we can hang out at the pool and eat nachos or something.

Last edited:
Sue I had to go find this lol. Disney tourist blog is usually spot on about things. Tom posted the below Earlier this week. I immediately switched my res at ASMu (had already switched over there from VWL to preserve my points) to pop Would’ve booked AOA but just there in January.

“As we’ve said before, Walt Disney World’s two-dozen resorts will likely open in phases.

Deluxe Resorts with Disney Vacation Club properties will likely be first,

then non-DVC resorts connected to the parks by non-bus transportation

(Caribbean Beach, Art of Animation, Pop Century, and Yacht Club),

followed by everything else.”

FYI, the above resorts were the ones available when I went in the next day. I was going to switch back to ASMu, hoping to score via moved to a moderate or deluxe , but they had already closed the reservation to anything but cancellations

they have a lot of those FDP for cancelled spring pkg people, now only receiving 35% off whatever is open. A royal mess, good luck

Sue I had to go find this lol. Disney tourist blog is usually spot on about things. Tom posted the below Earlier this week. I immediately switched my res at ASMu (had already switched over there from VWL to preserve my points) to pop Would’ve booked AOA but just there in January.

“As we’ve said before, Walt Disney World’s two-dozen resorts will likely open in phases.

Deluxe Resorts with Disney Vacation Club properties will likely be first,

then non-DVC resorts connected to the parks by non-bus transportation

(Caribbean Beach, Art of Animation, Pop Century, and Yacht Club),

followed by everything else.”

FYI, the above resorts were the ones available when I went in the next day. I was going to switch back to ASMu, hoping to score via moved to a moderate or deluxe , but they had already closed the reservation to anything but cancellations

they have a lot of those FDP for cancelled spring pkg people, now only receiving 35% off whatever is open. A royal mess, good luck

I like Tom, got to meet him and Sarah last year on the last night of Illuminations, we were staying at BWI, been getting his emails for years was nice to finally meet in person.

Yes Schumi, quite happy with hair. Felt so good getting it in shape! Now just waiting for colour to be done, just a few days. I go to a different place for colour. My hairdresser has allergies that prevent him from doing it and I won’t go back to his wife after she ruined 2 shirts.

Don’t blame you for not going back! Glad you’re happy with your hair though.....makes such a difference being happy with our hair!

Yes, launch was amazing........always a tear shed when I watch a launch.......

Launch was perfect! Yea!
Seriously lol. I thot I missed out on a pricing mistake on website

Yes, it was great. Thot it might be a bit too slow to the burn for the mr but he loved it. I was able to snag on amazon @$9 a while back. It’ll be one of those ones I’ll go back to watch that stellar cast chew up the scenery

Yes, I insisted the mr have an in office appt for his annual cardiologist

We have the fitbits, if we’d use all the features would be a few pds lighter lol

Sounds much better view than jetty park

Idk starting to think they move in packs. There an empty hoarder house across street. They institutionalized the owner. Filthy loaded, spinster that lived with her now deceased mom. Nursing home & her family has refused to let it be sold. Borough had to go to court to request tear down. It’s turning into critter condos. Slowly moving thru the system nearly five years later. Believe the overflow raccoons are crossing the street to our yard.
At least no kids or crackheads have discovered it

I switched to pop

After too many unfortunate instances, decided to deem the then- last ruined shirt as my ‘salon’ shirt lol.

Will have to give that movie a go......it looks good but couldn’t remember if you said it was good, bad or indifferent......

Yes, would rather have a raccoon than some of those types around!!!

Count me in on the chicken group! Nachos and margaritas sound like a good consolation prize.

lol.......oh too many chickens!!!

Honestly, you’d love it.......so......much.......fun!!!!! Most of us have been going for years......I‘m just a baby as our first HHN was 2007.....but we were hooked immediately. Did I mention it was fun.......::yes::

Loved the launch from SpaceX tonight......We were all nervous watching it.....but it was fabulous.

Then with a large pink gin and fizzy lemonade we watched You Don’t Mess with the Zohan........seen it before many times, but not for a long time. I don‘t usually like Adam Sandler, don‘t find him funny.....but this one is hilarious.

Almost midnight here......it’s much cooler tonight so windows open will be very pleasant.

Bacon on offer for breakfast again..........and an egg white scramble I think......::yes::

Order in for Schumi’s breakfast, though by the time I can get there will be lunchtime or slightly after.

Decided hot enough, sandwiches, soup and salad. Older one turned up his nose, but hey, he had more than his share of the chicken nuggets I cooked for lunch.

Chilling on a Saturday night is perfect, and I hear the AC on, not sure if it is ours, our neighbor’s, or both. Yeah, wonderful day, and hoping Sunday is just the same.

Finally, yep, watching the rocket go off never gets old. Was fabulous to have watched it, even on a screen.

Northeast PA. Today's newspaper has us as having 11 new cases; I blame Memorial Day weekend and all the parties.
They started posting our city's counts a few weeks ago in the newspaper. It's been going down and far, far better than 50+ or 100+ new cases per week.
We did get some sad news that someone we know from a store we frequent has passed away from it. He was only 49.
Your poor daughter was probably bummed out! I know the kid at Rose and Crown was, but I got the impression that his friends were helping him out.
A new virtual reality game room is set to open next month just steps away from my office. B and I went over there today and the owner let us take a little pre-opening tour. He allowed us to sample one of the machines, so B and I rode a virtual rollercoaster. It was pretty cool.
That's really cool! Did you get queasy? Sometimes I get a little queasy with VR if it's a ride or the game moving very fast. I have to put a fan on in the room when I *ride* anything fast so I can feel it on my face.

Hi, my name is McKenna, I'm 50 years old and I'm a secret Gamer! :rotfl2:

We have an Oculus Quest VR system and LOVE it! Beat Saber is my workout, lol! I mean, come on!!....It's light sabers!

How did you like that restaurant. Next time we go to Disney I want to eat at some places we haven't tried before. That one is on my radar.
We've eaten there quite a few times and it's good. We always got a reservation for fireworks time, asked for a patio seat and the view was amazing! But, Disney caught on to the prime viewing location and it's now a prix fix menu with fireworks viewing on the patio. You can still get a dinner reservation for inside, but they won't let you sit on the patio close to showtime. They do have a viewing location that people who eat inside can use to watch and then go back inside when it's over. We haven't been there since they made the change for dinner, but we go into the pub every time we're there and you can get a few items in there from the dining room.
I think if we can ever arrange a fall meetup we will have 2 groups - the HHN group and the chicken group. I'll be with the chickens. I guess we can hang out at the pool and eat nachos or something.
I'll be in the chicken group! And will there be alcohol?

McK- ugh, that is nothing one wants to read. Would’ve thought it’d take a bit longer from Memorial Day to kick up the quota. Was thinking more along line of 2 or 3 weeks. Guess we wait to see

Our city is under seige, appears to be well- organized anarchists from out of state according to FBI causing real trouble vs “garden variety” looters riding the coat-tails of the demonstrations earlier today. When they bring tire irons & monkey wrenches to a peaceful protest, you’ve got to wonder as to intent.

Crazy times, but they need to put a lid on it & clear the streets sooner vs than later. Pittsburgh had curfew go into effect at 8 pm. The city’s PD typically do a great job de-escalating things; but with those bent on mayhem, who knows where the violence will stop. A shame, same story in so many other cities tonight

Yes, would rather have a raccoon than some of those types around!!!

I forgot to mention, the yearling black bear cubs are getting kicked out of their dens...we have one prowling around in area the last few days. It’s funny, traffic stops absolutely dead on even the multi-lane highway when they decide to cross.

McK- ugh, that is nothing one wants to read. Would’ve thought it’d take a bit longer from Memorial Day to kick up the quota. Was thinking more along line of 2 or 3 weeks. Guess we wait to see

Our city is under seige, appears to be well- organized anarchists from out of state according to FBI causing real trouble vs “garden variety” looters riding the coat-tails of the demonstrations earlier today. When they bring tire irons & monkey wrenches to a peaceful protest, you’ve got to wonder as to intent.

Crazy times, but they need to put a lid on it & clear the streets sooner vs than later. Pittsburgh had curfew go into effect at 8 pm. The city’s PD typically do a great job de-escalating things; but with those bent on mayhem, who knows where the violence will stop. A shame, same story in so many other cities tonight

I forgot to mention, the yearling black bear cubs are getting kicked out of their dens...we have one prowling around in area the last few days. It’s funny, traffic stops absolutely dead on even the multi-lane highway when they decide to cross.

Oh goodness, Janet that looks dreadful!

Yes, there’s a massive difference to peaceful protests, to what has been instigated there. I pray no one was hurt, but the pictures don’t look good at all. It’s all over our news too how many places in the States are being affected by this.

Oh I can imagine them stopping for a bear, can you imagine the damage it would do to a lot of cars!

Saw some heartbreaking pictures a few months back of one bear dragging a dead young cub off the road after it had been hit, I think it was in Florida......big cub!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter