Something About Nothing............ #14

Morning Mac. Hope you and all are well. Enjoying my tea, and watched the sunrise with a full sunny day so far. Good thing our AC makes our home feel nice. Kids are still asleep, as I passed out soon after we got home last night, they did not. My feet were so tired, as stood for hours. But, after having a parental unit not being able to do much because of arthritis, since I was little, I will never complain, as an able bodied person.

Ooh, and since Schumi had some Earl Grey the other day, picked some of those tea bags, and enjoying Earl Grey tea now.

And yeah, homies:

1CAA769E-874C-42A6-8CF3-8B70F259544F.jpeg
A big group hugs from me to all the homies that need it today.

Hugs, Real. Was sad when we had to sell my parents home, that my dad had built, over 60 years before the sale. But another family is enjoying it, so I hope your family home goes to another who will also enjoy it, raising a family in it. And, after spending 2 days going through what was left, after my mom also passed away in April, my dad, long ago now, it’s time to move on, and keep fond memories.
Hugs on your loss. I agree lots of fond memories. Mum was a real collector and Dad didn’t want anything changed so I’ve spent many days going through boxes and drawers. Found some amazing things and intend to do a scrap book and memory box for everyone to see and hopefully reduce down the things I’ve put to one side so far! Letters back to late 1800’s from family members for example.

Hugs realfood....
Estate and probate dealings are time consuming but know you’ll get that job down soon.

And sending you hugs!
Never easy to lose the parental units
:grouphug:
Also lost hubs Mum in May so double clearing and sorting. We are getting quite good at it! It’s when there’s a bump in the proceedings that causes the stress of course but we are both control freaks so happy to do it for the families.

That’s a sweet thing to do Real. Yeah, we kept some, tossed some, and gave much away. You did have a stressful and horrible Spring this year. Estate work always brings stress, happy and sad emotions too. Hugs.

Packing sounds so exciting! We have just booked 4 days away with daughter and grandchildren to a wildlife area in Lancashire when they are on summer school break. Self catering and like you will take most of our food with us though apparently a pizza van comes on the site on Friday night and the children will love that! It’s only 90 minutes away but after all these weeks of going nowhere it will be an adventure.

Hope you have a good break.

Yes, you don‘t need to take kids far at times for them to have fun.....change of scenery works wonders! For us grown up kids too.....

I used to know some of Lancashire and Manchester too quite well many years back.......used to have family in Morecambe.....they were in Manchester before that where funnily enough we were chatting about the other aunt and uncle who lived there too, not real aunt and uncle, but close enough.....he used to be at Granada studios and stopped my mum from letting me write to Jim’ll Fix it when I was around 7!! Lucky escape there!

Just returned from meeting with the Estate Agents at my parents home. It’s a tough one to sell as it was where I grew up and their home for 64 years. Beautiful gardens and location but needs some modernising now. As I’m the one dealing with probate and the estate though I have to get on with it for the rest of the family. Lost my beloved Dad in April - 12 months since we lost Mum.

Wet and windy the whole time but sun has suddenly appeared now I’m back in Macclesfield.

Squirrels are in abundance here and play round and round the garden - much to Louie’s (our Cavalier) annoyance!

Oh that is rough! Im sorry to hear about your dad, I remember when you lost your mum. And husband parent too. Doesn’t matter how old you are, they’re still mum and dad......

The foxes round here take care of the squirrels......and anything else unsavoury too.

Was quite dull here this morning but wind died down last night and this afternoon is sunny and warm! Nice.....hope it lasts.

Thought I’d quoted Lynne and mac too??

Yep.....hair all done........shorter, thinner, blonder and full of sass according to my husband!! I think he meant the sassy part!!!

Certainly not thinner!!!

It was so lovely being back in the salon again......it was busy and so many like me were just happy to be back.

Then as it was so nice we went a walk along the beach......well, along the top rather than go on the sand.......it was lovely, and so busy. But, it’s nice for folks to get out.

No one is very hungry tonight......so Hunters grilled sandwiches for us.......sliced chicken breast, bacon, grated cheddar cheese and barbecue sauce. Variation of the pub food dish of Hunter‘s Chicken.......chicken breast is usually wrapped in bacon, topped with barbecue sauce then the cheese is all melted over the top.......lush!!

So a very simple request tonight.......but quite filling. Won’t need anything to go with it......

With all the rain we have had last few days, grass really grew fast

the rain has been heavy but temps stay high
rain does not hang around all day.
Perfect weather for grass to shoot up

Today’s job for me is doing crossword puzzles
Its something I enjoy doing each morning with coffee in the other hand.

Hope all are doing fine!

Of course my morning would have been better if there was bacon in the house.
It will be on Mr Mac’s shopping list this week.

It was in the 80’s when i woke up this am, rest of week the same forecast. Please, electricity company, no brown outs

Lil has her 1st softball game of season later, thrilled the complex is set down in a wooded valley = shade :). Asked what she wanted for dinner, surprised me requesting dessert lol.

A monstrosity, one of her favorite desserts: cool whip, can of cherry pie filling, condensed milk, drained crushed pineapple & 2 cups of marshmellows. Then you freeze it in 9X13 inch pan. Quite the sweet tooth.

Definitely too steamy to cook other than crockpots & that’s even pushing it for me. Probably will make her a chicken Caesar wrap & leftover shredded ribs for me. Mr will enjoy rest of his lobster tail & steak when he get home from his 12 hour day.
It's going to be nice to get away for a while. We aren't planning on doing much ...just keep to ourselves and maybe go to the beach a few times.
Sounds lovely to me, never have been to the Pensacola area beaches but they look lovely. Do love the clear water & blazing white sand at clearwater but lack of waves not the rest of family’s thing.
keisha...thanks for reminding me that I have some coconut mango habanero ice cream left in the freezer...wouldn't want it to go bad while we're gone :rolleyes1:goodvibes
That sounds pretty amazing too lol
Eww, yuck! LOL!
Yep, I distinctly remember him circling the table like a shark, loudly proclaiming ‘waste not, want not’. Class act, no wonder he never married
I'm pretty sure I have never done the Peoplemover though.
Another ride to get off those aching feet. Found it perfect to sit with cranky tot & lull to sleep. When not busy the CM will let you loop it as long as you want.
That sounds really good.
It was :) but so hot was melted before i finished it. That’s ok,
We have some odd flavours of beers here too.....Tom does like a variety, but if it sounds like a dessert, that`s a no!!
Absolutely
In France once we had the worst expert....he was very snooty about it and rambled on for far too long about one particular wine we did actually like, it was a Vouvray.........we were all like....oh just pour it darling!!!!
Have found that most who proclaim themselves ‘experts’ are usually the worst wind bags
As I’m the one dealing with probate and the estate though I have to get on with it for the rest of the family. Lost my beloved Dad in April - 12 months since we lost Mum.
That’s a relatively thankless task but kudos for handling it, sorry for your loss.
Yep.....hair all done........shorter, thinner, blonder and full of sass according to my husband!! I think he meant the sassy part!!!
The most interesting women are those with a sassy spark

Hey, I must be like GD, Keisha. Ice cream looked good enough for breakfast. So it was. Though fruit was added to it, so healthy, right? LoL

ooh I hear thunder. Sky darker, but no rain yet. Rain looser? Seems just the town over, as thunder now sounding further away. What we get with this oh so humid hot air.

With all the rain we have had last few days, grass really grew fast

the rain has been heavy but temps stay high
rain does not hang around all day.
Perfect weather for grass to shoot up

Today’s job for me is doing crossword puzzles
Its something I enjoy doing each morning with coffee in the other hand.

Hope all are doing fine!

Of course my morning would have been better if there was bacon in the house.
It will be on Mr Mac’s shopping list this week.

Always some over here.......you know the way!!!

I haven`t done a crossword in so long!!!! Couldn`t even tell you when it was.....I do like a good old word search now and again.....don`t laugh......loved doing them since I was a kid!

Yes, the rain does make the grass look fabulous!!!!

It was in the 80’s when i woke up this am, rest of week the same forecast. Please, electricity company, no brown outs

Lil has her 1st softball game of season later, thrilled the complex is set down in a wooded valley = shade :). Asked what she wanted for dinner, surprised me requesting dessert lol.

A monstrosity, one of her favorite desserts: cool whip, can of cherry pie filling, condensed milk, drained crushed pineapple & 2 cups of marshmellows. Then you freeze it in 9X13 inch pan. Quite the sweet tooth.

Definitely too steamy to cook other than crockpots & that’s even pushing it for me. Probably will make her a chicken Caesar wrap & leftover shredded ribs for me. Mr will enjoy rest of his lobster tail & steak when he get home from his 12 hour day.

Sounds lovely to me, never have been to the Pensacola area beaches but they look lovely. Do love the clear water & blazing white sand at clearwater but lack of waves not the rest of family’s thing.

That sounds pretty amazing too lol

Yep, I distinctly remember him circling the table like a shark, loudly proclaiming ‘waste not, want not’. Class act, no wonder he never married

Another ride to get off those aching feet. Found it perfect to sit with cranky tot & lull to sleep. When not busy the CM will let you loop it as long as you want.

It was :) but so hot was melted before i finished it. That’s ok,

Absolutely

Have found that most who proclaim themselves ‘experts’ are usually the worst wind bags

That’s a relatively thankless task but kudos for handling it, sorry for your loss.

The most interesting women are those with a sassy spark

Now that is a dessert worth copying!!!! Condensed milk....cherries....marshmallows and pineapple!!!! Lush!!!!! Steak and lobster on offer too.....Janet you`re one meal away from being a deli!!!

Yes, hope no more power cuts.....

I like sassy.......::yes::

Yes, met more than one wind bag in my time!!!! You know we love wine, but goodness.....some folks can take the fun out of it sometimes!

Hey, I must be like GD, Keisha. Ice cream looked good enough for breakfast. So it was. Though fruit was added to it, so healthy, right? LoL

ooh I hear thunder. Sky darker, but no rain yet. Rain looser? Seems just the town over, as thunder now sounding further away. What we get with this oh so humid hot air.

We don`t have many thunderstorms that are worth talking about over here, so when we do see one, we stop what we`re doing to watch it.......very childlike, but so much fun.

Cleaning out phone pics. Forgot to share this little gem from the flea market last Friday. Vendors may not be able to spell monosyllabic words, but smrt enough to avoid accepting ahem wet money
View attachment 506778

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Love a good attempt at spelling on signs!!!

There are some funny ones out there where the gap in a word is in the wrong place and makes the whole sign mean something else completely.......lol.....

It is so nice here tonight.....feel a little guilty for sitting inside......we`re at the back of the house though as the sun is streaming in on us right now.....

Tea or wine.......:scratchin

Have fun, Tink!

Enjoy seeing a storm too, Schumi, though it’s normal for us to have those pretty yellow and red radar colored storms all summer. Hot and oh so humid breeds them. And this afternoon one was full of lightning. Huge strike close enough, very loud. A haha, kids had gone to the grocery store, and came back just before the storm came over us. They said the sky was yellow. Yeah, time to be inside. And after nature did its loud thunder and lightning, sun promptly came out, and man made noise started. Yeah. I guess there was some fireworks left over from the weekend. They better not restart those fireworks late into the night. Ooh fire whistle just went off. Hope all okay. Just down the street from us, 8 flooded cars, all underwater up to their windows were parked cars, but 1. Why you think you can drive though that? He was the 8th car. Had to be rescued. Flash Flood warnings sounded on my phone more than once. Yeah, and for a few short hours, the storms lowered the temps more than 20 degrees. Sun coming out after that, heat pump back, and 78 is the low overnight temp. Just heard the AC go on. Ah Summer. Time for some water ice. Will send little one out to get some for us. Cherry mixed with lemon is my favorite. Though I get mango sometimes, as while I will not eat a mango by itself, I do like it sweet in water ice, and mango salsa. Yum.

Have that most good night sleep tonight, homies.

Good evening everyone. Busy and productive day today. I get so much done when the boss isn't around. I didn't sleep well last night, so when I got home today I fell asleep in my recliner. Took a 2.5 hour nap. Yikes! Now I won't want to sleep tonight.

We did spend some time outside last night looking at the beautiful sight of the moon, Jupiter and Saturn in a triangle. They are unusually close to each other right now....and through the telescope you could clearly see the Jupiters four moons too which was quite spectacular! Yes, geeks....but happy to be geeks!!
Ooh, I wish I had seen that. B's university has a small observatory, but I don't think they are allowing access right now.

Packing sounds so exciting! We have just booked 4 days away with daughter and grandchildren to a wildlife area in Lancashire when they are on summer school break. Self catering and like you will take most of our food with us though apparently a pizza van comes on the site on Friday night and the children will love that! It’s only 90 minutes away but after all these weeks of going nowhere it will be an adventure.
Sounds like it will be a fun getaway.

Just returned from meeting with the Estate Agents at my parents home. It’s a tough one to sell as it was where I grew up and their home for 64 years. Beautiful gardens and location but needs some modernising now. A
i hope you find the perfect person or family to buy it and take care of it.

Yay!

That sounds really good. Will have to try it sometime.

One of my favorites was The Great Movie Ride. That was my get out of the heat and off my feet ride. I hope the ride they replaced it with is good.

You know there's an eat ice cream for breakfast day.

My current situation
Looks very relaxing.

Dh is watching American Pickers, so I think I will find something else to do.

A couple of funnies I found

I talked to her today and she is going home on Tuesday

Wonderful news. She must be dying to get home.

Yep, Monday is hair day!!! Finally after 4 months.

You know I need pics now right

It’s only 90 minutes away but after all these weeks of going nowhere it will be an adventure.

Yes, getting away anywhere would be fantastic. Sounds like a great trip though with the grandkids.

a very warm day says the weather lady. 96F the high, and with the humidity, will feel warmer than that.

We must be on the same weather track. As much as I love sunny weather the humidity is just not my friend. I will gladly keep the heater off in the winter, but my AC stays on in the summer.

Just returned from meeting with the Estate Agents at my parents home. It’s a tough one to sell as it was where I grew up and their home for 64 years. Beautiful gardens and location but needs some modernising now. As I’m the one dealing with probate and the estate though I have to get on with it for the rest of the family. Lost my beloved Dad in April - 12 months since we lost Mum.

Wet and windy the whole time but sun has suddenly appeared now I’m back in Macclesfield.

So sorry for you loss. Both parents in a year is tough. Your family is blessed to have you to take care of things. Its so hard.

The foxes round here take care of the squirrels.

We used to have the cutest red foxes before the family behind us moved in. I guess with 5 kids running around they found a new home. WIsh the moles would.

Lil has her 1st softball game of season later,

Good Luck to her. She must be so excited to get back out there.

Trying to get back on the program. 2 day of treadmill in a row, though I blew it with homemade mashed taters. Carbs just taste too good. Indulging in another guilty pleasure. The boat people are on tonight. Such a hot mess.

Have a great night all.

It’s 1:00 am

where is our night crew tonight?

It’s wake up time for Schumi as she has a 5 hours difference from my ET
And she’s the crew that gets us started
Each morning here
I bet she is going to surprise me and bring the bacon !

Ok since it’s just me here hanging out, I’ll share my issue with you

received notice my drivers license has to be renewed this month and they are still closed

I guess it’s not a sticky issue as I have not driven but a couple of times since March
Received a auto message from
Them I need a written test to extend my license I
the drivers license office is closed but l
need to get it soon

It’s 1:00 am

where is our night crew tonight?

It’s wake up time for Schumi as she has a 5 hours difference from my ET
And she’s the crew that gets us started
Each morning here
I bet she is going to surprise me and bring the bacon !

Ok since it’s just me here hanging out, I’ll share my issue with you

received notice my drivers license has to be renewed this month and they are still closed

I guess it’s not a sticky issue as I have not driven but a couple of times since March
Received a auto message from
Them I need a written test to extend my license I
the drivers license office is closed but l
need to get it soon

:wave2:

I‘m just getting up.......usually I get up at 6......I go round and open all the blinds/drapes and then kettle on for early cuppa.......

Even though he has no travel time Kyle still gets up at the same time every morning......he’ll be down in a minute or so.......

Nothing like getting a reminder to renew something and the offices are closed........

Yes, we have bacon!!!

And this morning we are driving over to a larger town to a butcher we like to visit now and again......he has some bacon we like! That’s our only thing to do today........

Hope you get a good sleep soon.........

Looks lovely Vicki.....hope you`re having a blast!!!

Have fun, Tink!

Enjoy seeing a storm too, Schumi, though it’s normal for us to have those pretty yellow and red radar colored storms all summer. Hot and oh so humid breeds them. And this afternoon one was full of lightning. Huge strike close enough, very loud. A haha, kids had gone to the grocery store, and came back just before the storm came over us. They said the sky was yellow. Yeah, time to be inside. And after nature did its loud thunder and lightning, sun promptly came out, and man made noise started. Yeah. I guess there was some fireworks left over from the weekend. They better not restart those fireworks late into the night. Ooh fire whistle just went off. Hope all okay. Just down the street from us, 8 flooded cars, all underwater up to their windows were parked cars, but 1. Why you think you can drive though that? He was the 8th car. Had to be rescued. Flash Flood warnings sounded on my phone more than once. Yeah, and for a few short hours, the storms lowered the temps more than 20 degrees. Sun coming out after that, heat pump back, and 78 is the low overnight temp. Just heard the AC go on. Ah Summer. Time for some water ice. Will send little one out to get some for us. Cherry mixed with lemon is my favorite. Though I get mango sometimes, as while I will not eat a mango by itself, I do like it sweet in water ice, and mango salsa. Yum.

Have that most good night sleep tonight, homies.

You can spot us Brits a mile away in Florida where they just get the most amazing storms ever!!! We`re out watching it oohing and aaahhing at all the lightning.....lol.....

Good evening everyone. Busy and productive day today. I get so much done when the boss isn't around. I didn't sleep well last night, so when I got home today I fell asleep in my recliner. Took a 2.5 hour nap. Yikes! Now I won't want to sleep tonight.

Ooh, I wish I had seen that. B's university has a small observatory, but I don't think they are allowing access right now.

Sounds like it will be a fun getaway.

i hope you find the perfect person or family to buy it and take care of it.

Yay!

That sounds really good. Will have to try it sometime.

One of my favorites was The Great Movie Ride. That was my get out of the heat and off my feet ride. I hope the ride they replaced it with is good.

You know there's an eat ice cream for breakfast day.

Looks very relaxing.

Dh is watching American Pickers, so I think I will find something else to do.

A couple of funnies I found

View attachment 506869
View attachment 506870

It was a sight to see. Kyle has a huge telescope, he upgraded less than two years ago from the one he already had, and we thought that one was huge! It`s not the Hubble, but he gets some spectacular pictures with it.

It`s a lot of fun, folks say you don`t need a telescope, but you really do to get to see so much more.

Hope your mum is doing better.......and husband too.

Wonderful news. She must be dying to get home.

You know I need pics now right

Yes, getting away anywhere would be fantastic. Sounds like a great trip though with the grandkids.

We must be on the same weather track. As much as I love sunny weather the humidity is just not my friend. I will gladly keep the heater off in the winter, but my AC stays on in the summer.

So sorry for you loss. Both parents in a year is tough. Your family is blessed to have you to take care of things. Its so hard.

We used to have the cutest red foxes before the family behind us moved in. I guess with 5 kids running around they found a new home. WIsh the moles would.

Good Luck to her. She must be so excited to get back out there.

Trying to get back on the program. 2 day of treadmill in a row, though I blew it with homemade mashed taters. Carbs just taste too good. Indulging in another guilty pleasure. The boat people are on tonight. Such a hot mess.

Have a great night all.

So, this is the after picture.....just over 3 inches inches off and about 25lbs of the stuff she thinned!!

It`s still quite long, but much easier to handle.....didn`t take me almost half an hour to straighten this morning!

new%20hair-L.jpg

Mashed potatoes are hard to resist!! Hope you`re doing good......

Tuesday again.......

Cloudy night and today is grey and cloudy again, but not cold despite the cloud coming in over the Sea.

Off to a butcher a bit away from us today......I do love our local butcher, this guy just has some different stuff. High excitement!!!

Didn`t bother with making an online grocery order for this week as our cabinets and freezers are all full to bursting with stuff. Probably don`t need to do it next week either, we can get fresh when we need it. Most stores are walk in now, but I still prefer the village stores.

Mac......bacon was lovely......plenty left over.......:thumbsup2

Happy Tuesday..........

Last edited:
Charade, great news mom is going home. Hope all are feeling better. Good we decided to keep little one home, at least for the Fall semester. First, while I think it is better to be with other kids, and have that college experience, to pay for her to do her online classes about a 1/2 hour train ride away, does not make financial sense. And, even if we did, it would only be for until Thanksgiving break, then all online and classes and dorms closed, for the rest of the term, and finals. Lastly, last time she looked at her classes a few days ago,, as before when she checked a few weeks ago, only one class said would be in person, now, all are listed as an online class. Hope B stays safe when your DH and her return to school for the Fall session.

Vicki, yeah, I am not fond of being sticky hot feeling. And yeah, even my weather lady had a good adjective for today’s weather. Steamy she said. And less chance of those you lose rain, isolated thunderstorms radar blobs. Oh, and keeping the heat wave, as 90 the high today. Sunrise was a lovely full sun streaming light into the window.

And ah yes, funnies from Charade and Schumi, and Mac needing her license renewed. Ah, our state said you are good if so online and they send new with old picture. Then when they open, you need to get another new, with current picture. Thankfully, mine renews next year. Hopefully, by then, the lines for pictures, will not be long. See, the license place breaks down lines, so you only have to wait for others that want what you want. And usually, the picture line is shorter. We do have a few license places open, and my brother needs his renewed. He thought he would go to the closest one to us, one hour before it opened. He said there was only one line, no matter what you wanted, and it was down, around the building, and all the way across the rest of the strip mall near where the building stands separated. He decided to go online and get his new, old picture temporary license.

Hey, with all that talk of Mac and driving licenses, today she should be on the road. Taco Tuesday is here. You know the day, some homies be like:
7DFCB447-6D3D-44CD-9BBA-971BBBE483B1.jpeg

Hehe. So while Schumi is enjoying her bacon, and yum to that, all the homies, have a taco or two this Tuesday.

Ooh, I bet Schumi has had some tea, and happily, so am I.

Nice blonde hair Schumi. I think mine is just around that length.

Time to find some breakfast. Yes,I know ice cream is a known breakfast thing. Ooh, two days in a row? Maybe. Steamy out you know, Yeah, I am with Vicki, nice and cool, no humidity, inside air. Still a perfect Summer breakfast, ice cream and fruit. Woot!

Stay safe and be happy! Taco 🌮

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter