Something About Nothing............ #14

Hehe, DisneyLife, little one is exactly one year older than him. There was a girl in one of her high school classes that was born same day, in same hospital as her. I think there was 15 kids born in that hospital that day, so I guess it was a higher chance to run into someone at school having the same birthday.

Ooh, I should be tired, but not quite yet. Wish there was something good on the screen. May look for a movie. And hehe, little one asked if I was going to bed soon. Yeah, like she would be now? Both kids are still up too.

Obviously it was Lynne that is the bd Twinkie.

( and I was not the one that spilled the beans on that. Lol)

Lynne, nothing much on tv now
I have Undercover Boss on now and it’s a bore, all repeats of shows I’ve already watched.

Saturday night is not known for exciting tv in my area.

If you find something that is more interesting, let me know.

Watched a cruise through Germany, but now not sure what else is on. Yeah, I hate when I remember seeing that show, Mac. Not much new until the Fall.

Checked AP rates again. Nope not better then now have. Saw Disney shortened their hours for September and October. They were saying, even the smaller amount of guests they wanted, it has been was much smaller than expected. So I guess with virus concerns, no parades, no fireworks, no park hopping, and their Halloween parties cancelled, not a lot of interest this Fall. Those reasons are why we are not going to visit the motherland any time soon. Depending on flights and hotel rates, I was thinking may try for a long weekend in January at Universal, since our cruise we canceled. Have some time to think about it. Little one, who loves to travel, is not interested in going away any time soon.

Good afternoon everyone. Not too much going on today. B and I went to the mall to to do little back to school clothes shopping. Not a lot for selection this late in the summer, but what she did find was on a great sale.

Just waiting on dinner now. I'm trying a chicken and rice casserole I've never made before.

He's a little disappointed, but knows we can go back anytime since we purchased memberships. I'm just hoping it doesn't rain on us while we are there. right now the forecast is showing rain next week.

I think my husband has gotten tired of listening to my weird dreams.

I just wish Busch Gardens had a few more family friendly coasters. I can handle coasters like Big Thunder Mountain at Disney.

One of DH's favorite desserts is Rice Krispy treats. I haven't made any in years though. He buys the remade ones in the stores. Those look like they could have been made with cocoa krispies.

I'm not really a big rice krispy treat fan, but I would love to try those.

Beautiful! I want to drive down that road. Correction - I want to be driven down that road.

I don't think I would mind the sheep too much. That's not something I see where I live.

Yummy! Enjoy!

And also a small city.

I really want some Chinese food, but dh keeps vetoing it. Maybe B and I will get some in Williamsburg.

We really, really need more live sports back on TV. ESPN 2 is broadcasting as ESPN 8 (The Ocho) and is showing some of the most ridiculous stuff. DH was watching marble racing, and now they are showing Norwegian death diving. This is crazy.

It`s nice you have membership Charade, yes, I`m sure you`ll get back plenty of times now. It`s just nice to travel together...

If you like good chocolate, you`d love my Krispie Cakes.....some folks because it`s for kids used to use cheap chocolate, but we always used the nice stuff same as my mum made them. I have a memory of going to one friends party and it was cooking chocolate she had used....they were rank!

We have loads of sheep around the UK, plenty of cows and pigs too...thankfully don`t live anywhere near a pig farm.....we used to visit relatives in another part of the country when we were younger and they had a pig farm.....I`ll never forget that smell......you did get used to it, but first few days......ugh!

Hope your casserole was nice.....have Chinese food without your husband for you and your daughter......doubt he would mind since you really fancy it.....

The casserole was pretty good. I may try a couple of tweaks the next time I make it.

B starts school on the 24th as well. She will move back into the dorm on the 22nd.

Tonight's light is a flashback to the 70's.

View attachment 516818

Nice light!!!

Is your daughter happy about moving back to school or is she a little nervous?

Lynne, nothing much on tv now
I have Undercover Boss on now and it’s a bore, all repeats of shows I’ve already watched.

Saturday night is not known for exciting tv in my area.

If you find something that is more interesting, let me know.

I sometimes watch that show......yes, some are good some are boring...some of the disguises are dreadful......and yes, we have seemingly thousands of channels, Netflix, Amazon Prime and a couple more options as well as thousands of DVD`s and yet, there`s never anything on.......think we might start Game of Thrones from the beginning again when Autumn starts.......massive undertaking!!

Sunday and all is quiet so far......Kyle is already up and has had his breakfast......no bacon for him this morning.......

Definitely bacon for us........just on toast I think today. No plans today although my two are heading to the Mercedes showroom....Kyle is due to change his car I think in January it`s three years old.....he is following his dad in that plan......every three years......but he might keep this one longer if there`s not an update he wants to make, neither he should this car is perfect for him......but boys and their toys.......

So, just me for a few hours. It`s odd being in the house on my own now.

No idea for lunch, but dinner is a beef rib joint.....cook it low and slow.....gorgeous!!

cv2237-M.jpg

cv2266-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday............

Happy Birthday @keishashadow - hope your Italian was good and you enjoy your day.

Lynne your deli sounds amazing. For a few years after I finished full time work I stopped using supermarkets and chains totally. I wrote a blog about it and actually got invited to lots of foodie festivals and events. At that time we discovered a store called “The Unicorn” - a cooperative in the suburbs of Manchester - very bohemian but amazing produce. Across the road a Polish bakery/deli with a balcony eating area. We always continue to visit but Chorlton not a safe area with Covid so many months since we’ve had that treat.

The Chester Zoo series is popular with us as we have adopted animals there. Usually visit 3/4 times a year it’s about 90 minutes away. When (if) things return to normal we may become members.

TV last night we watched 3 movies - Palm Beach (a non story wouldn’t recommend unless you want to see the area of Australia which we did - Kev proposed to me there in 2005). Then Crawl - I was reading and not one I’d enjoy but a background movie. Third was one we remembered we’d seen years ago - romance One Day. None I’d say a must watch.

Prime Minister has now said schools should return full time in September. Wondering if that will happen everywhere with so many areas spiking at the moment.

@schumigirl enjoy your alone time - hardly ever happens for me at the moment but I enjoy it occasionally!

We’re not hungry this morning so a brunch omelette with sausage, bacon and cheese in a couple of hours. Two strong coffees down already.

Beautiful day so we plan to finish tidying up J’s bedroom this morning then enjoy some quiet time in the garden.

Happy Sunday all.

Sunday it is. Like a quiet house, Schumi. And always talk of bacon makes me smile. We tend to keep our cars for many years. But I know many that get a new car every three years. Most of our 2021 models are out. So will be interesting to see what Kyle saw.

Real, that is nice of you to adopt some of the animals at the zoo. We are members of both the zoos I mention. The little zoo has had a hard year. Not only having to close for months, but had two times having extensive weather damage, the last from the tornado that came by the other day. Nice the community stepped up and helped both times, and all the animals were always safe. Where I live, we have many different places to buy food. From big box stores to co ops. I tend to use a combo of places, as with a family, we buy food several times a week.

And so, yay, Birthday day for Keisha. A fellow ♌️, and hope you have lots of fun today.

Ah, the faint sound of the washing machine, time to see what screen program I want to watch. And tea almost ready. Yay, perfect start to this Sunday. A day to finish up the wash, clean up the house, and get the trash our for collection tomorrow morning. Yep, a Sunday. And alarm already set. Part of my Sunday is always getting ready for back to work routine Monday.

So all, have a perfect Sunday, and all the talk of eggs, guess I will make some for older one and me when he awakes. I will get into the cookies I saw the other day. They will go perfect with my tea, now. I don’t expect to be eating eggs for several more hours.

And yes, Keisha:
0FB9B646-7145-49A0-9C2E-1B9BDAA1227D.jpeg

Sunday it is. Like a quiet house, Schumi. And always talk of bacon makes me smile. We tend to keep our cars for many years. But I know many that get a new car every three years. Most of our 2021 models are out. So will be interesting to see what Kyle saw.

Real, that is nice of you to adopt some of the animals at the zoo. We are members of both the zoos I mention. The little zoo has had a hard year. Not only having to close for months, but had two times having extensive weather damage, the last from the tornado that came by the other day. Nice the community stepped up and helped both times, and all the animals were always safe. Where I live, we have many different places to buy food. From big box stores to co ops. I tend to use a combo of places, as with a family, we buy food several times a week.

And so, yay, Birthday day for Keisha. A fellow ♌, and hope you have lots of fun today.

Ah, the faint sound of the washing machine, time to see what screen program I want to watch. And tea almost ready. Yay, perfect start to this Sunday. A day to finish up the wash, clean up the house, and get the trash our for collection tomorrow morning. Yep, a Sunday. And alarm already set. Part of my Sunday is always getting ready for back to work routine Monday.

So all, have a perfect Sunday, and all the talk of eggs, guess I will make some for older one and me when he awakes. I will get into the cookies I saw the other day. They will go perfect with my tea, now. I don’t expect to be eating eggs for several more hours.

And yes, Keisha:
View attachment 516848

I think he’s looking at a higher powered updated version of the car he has now, he does love it, but he’s a man who loves a new car.....he may end up opting to not change it if he doesn’t feel it’s worth it or doesn’t like the face lifted version of it. But they always enjoy test driving cars so it’ll be fun for them.

Yes, we shop at several places too. Grocery stores are excellent for cleaning products and things like store cupboard items that we stock up on them when we’re in. We are so lucky here we have plenty of options and we did use them for click and collect and deliveries when the lockdown was in place......I know many who did too! It was handy being able to amend as we realised what we needed.

Our village is small but we have a few towns close to us where we have Loads of deli’s and many individual little places for fresh produce and seafood......living by the sea has its advantages.

Your Sunday sounds a lot like mine Lynne......Tom just asked me if I’m taking in laundry.......I do like empty wash baskets......I have vacuumed where we have carpet upstairs and down while Tom dusted and polished.......quite the team. Bathrooms, utility and laundry rooms were all done yesterday so the rest of the day is quiet as a Sunday should be.

Enjoy that breakfast Lynne.......when you do get it......

Off to hang out washing as it is gorgeous again today......maybe not sitting out in 100F hot......but at least the sun is shining!

Hope our Keisha pops in today........:wave2:

Hi all,
Checking in after an awful week. Hoping thing improve this week.

My nephew was admitted to the hospital this week and then transferred to a larger hospital for cardiac issues and possible covid. He's 21 years old. So far 2 tests for covid came back negative. Waiting on the third test now. He was finally discharged late yesterday as his heart stuff was stable and they will proceed with more testing here. One thing they are leaning toward is that is might be an infection from vaping. ??

I know I may have missed some birthdays, I see Keisha's is today.... :bday: party:
Happy Birthday belated to those I missed!

Lynne, I didn't even watch hockey the past few days. I know the Flyers won and the Pens are out of the playoffs. Flyguys are doing really well!

Hope everyone is well.

Oh McK, scary news about your nephew. Sending good thoughts he is doing better soon. Well wishes sent to him.

still not time for eggs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter