Something About Nothing............ #14

Hi all,
Checking in after an awful week. Hoping thing improve this week.

My nephew was admitted to the hospital this week and then transferred to a larger hospital for cardiac issues and possible covid. He's 21 years old. So far 2 tests for covid came back negative. Waiting on the third test now. He was finally discharged late yesterday as his heart stuff was stable and they will proceed with more testing here. One thing they are leaning toward is that is might be an infection from vaping. ??

I know I may have missed some birthdays, I see Keisha's is today.... :bday: party:
Happy Birthday belated to those I missed!

Lynne, I didn't even watch hockey the past few days. I know the Flyers won and the Pens are out of the playoffs. Flyguys are doing really well!

Hope everyone is well.

Hi Mck, hopefully your nephew will be back to normal soon.

Nice to see you stop by!

Yeah, I heard that earthquake in the news, Charade. Glad it was quiet enough you slept through it, and no damage.

Ack, may eat more of those cookies, no egg making yet.

Happy Sunday....

It's been a nice weekend so far. Worked in the yard a bit yesterday then went to a friend's daughters high school graduation party. It was postponed from June. The grad is leaving for college in two weeks. She has to quarantine for 10 days before checking into her dorm but they will have in person classes. As predicted, our son's school will go virtual the first 9 weeks.

I forgot to mention that our tubing trip last weekend was very nice. We floated down the James River for about 3 1/2 hours (4 miles). It was very relaxing. We will definitely do that again.

This weekend is a tax free weekend so I will probably go out today and do a little shopping.

lol.....I`m feeling relieved cruises aren`t looking like fun right now as Tom is still hankering after that 3 month cruise....despite hearing a firm NO on many occasions......it ain`t happening!!!!
My husband was the same way but we booked our first cruise in 2017 and he loved it. The free unlimited drink package was a nice perk. Lol. It's his favorite way to vacation now. An extended cruise is definitely on our bucket list but it will probably have to wait until retirement.

My nephew was admitted to the hospital this week and then transferred to a larger hospital for cardiac issues and possible covid. He's 21 years old. So far 2 tests for covid came back negative. Waiting on the third test now. He was finally discharged late yesterday as his heart stuff was stable and they will proceed with more testing here. One thing they are leaning toward is that is might be an infection from vaping. ??

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Happy Birthday @keishashadow. Hope you had a great day.

On Universal’s App the park hours are up for September, the last time I had looked about a week ago they were not, also I looked at the 2 Monday’s and 2 Tuesday we are there and they show the parks scheduled to be open for now anyway.

Happy Sunday morning Sans family :wave2:

F378B67E-55D0-423E-A9F5-FC25BD5C76F1.gif

Not really it’s raining cats and dogs here and is dark out, but I love Winifred’s face........LOL

BE2940C9-6836-4EB8-8440-D892092D6AEC.jpeg

B38EEA06-D6AF-47B9-86CE-4CDA03D3A562.jpeg

Robo, hope your headache is gone. Nice of you to babysit. Ah, masks are the norm for at least until next year, I bet. Nice you made some more. And hope your coffee is good this morning too. Good Morning. And hope this finds you happy today, as well. ::yes::

Lynne hope your tea is tasty this morning. Headache is better thank you. Not fun to wake up with those. I had a wonderful time with great- nephew. He is such a sweet baby.

Robo, hope your headache has gone by now...they’re never fun. And what a lovely job to babysit a little one like that......very sweet and I’m sure he loves it as much as you do

Thank you. Don’t wake up with headaches very often, but when I do they are barn burners for sure.

The baby loves to swing...My niece has a swing on her patio. So Aunt Robbie takes him swinging, I roll up the carpets so he can have full run of the floors with his walker. He is precious.

I love family restaurants like that.......they make you feel like family immediately......we still have quite a few around us or within an hours drive and we do enjoy them.

Yes, the folks that owned our favorite Italian restaurant when I was growing up the Valentino’s were like family ..I miss those days.

U know it’s a bad one when it wakes you up. Almost sounds like a migraine

Could possibly be one. Not a regular occurrence for me though.

I hope you are feeling better and your stent comes out on its own as it’s supposed to. Your are a trooper......sending lots of mummy dust your way as you continue to heal.

So sitting in the sunshine with the heat and a large sangria is good for the soul for sure.........

As always your drinks look yummy.

Hope you are feeling better now.

I’am thank you. Hope your hubby is doing well and tolerating his new meds ok.

Sounds like you have been busy getting B ready for school to start.

With a great struggle we managed to get J’s old bedroom furniture down and the upcycled furniture up the stairs last night - the wardrobe was so heavy. It looks amazing and with the large tv (to be just used as a monitor) on the drawers we think he will be excited. I’m going to paper line the drawers tomorrow before Emma replaces his clothes.

I’am sure he will be thrilled.

boys always love Rice Krispie cakes......they were requested as something they hadn`t had for ages so, made 2 plates of these and I`m sure they`ll be demolished by tomorrow.......made shortbread too, but everyone knows what that looks like.......

Your Krispie treats look good.

No marshmallow or anything else in those ones......pure Dairy Milk and it has got to be British Dairy Milk chocolate melted in a Bain Marie and mixed together with rice krispies.

So they would be more solid then a marshmallow krispie treat here in US? Almost looks like our no bake cookies here in a way.

The village is very pretty and there are old mining caverns (semi precious stones) that are open to the public. One is flooded and you travel in boats.

What a beautiful picturesque Village.

I made up party bags for all of ‘the virgins, i.e. those whom have not experienced the film in a theater setting”

What a nice thing to do for the RHPS newbies.

Hey all, errands all day. Tonight kiddos are taking me out to one of my fav Italian old-Skool places. Far flung place, way out in boonies. Difficult to score reservations anywhere with the 25% only allowed. Hope table is outside.

Sounds like a wonderful gift. Good food, good times with family.

Happy birthday Keisha. We will celebrate HHN anyway.

Sending a pirate to start the party
58026B63-D64E-446A-8D80-B6036C10768B.gif

And a special birthday spell

9B98175B-E6D1-40B3-9229-B409E9A519A9.gif

Eye of newt and wing of bat, hair of dog and nail of cat, bone of frog
a witches stew, sending HHN birthday wishes to you.

BD36DAFD-69DC-402F-A8B1-C0CF65A66667.gif

E9496420-6893-46A6-97A8-6E38A799E21C.gif

37003C4A-B3AA-4C95-94CE-A0DF0458F401.gif

Off to hang out washing as it is gorgeous again today......maybe not sitting out in 100F hot......but at least the sun is shining!

Wow....sounds like another nice hot day for you. Wish I could hang my laundry out. The smell of fresh laundered sheets dried in a breeze are heavenly.

I hope your nephew gets well soon. So scary for someone so young to have heart issues.

One of our granddaughters from Kentucky stopped by with her children yesterday. We had a barbecue. It was so good to see them. They were in town shopping for school things. I sent them home with masks and little hand fans I found at Walmart. Thought that might help with mask wearing a little.

Our youngest granddaughter who is 23 and her boyfriend FaceTimed with us Friday evening and told us he proposed and she accepted. He did well with ring. It’s beautiful. They were smiling. He is a nice young man and fits well with the family. Interestingly his grandpa went to high school with my hubby. Small world.

We will see them later today when they come by for barbecue to celebrate hubby’s Birthday. Keeping things small and wish we could have all the family together, but to risky as we all know.

I have steaks out thawing. Son will grill them for me....we call him the grill master....Will make twice baked potatoes and salad. I need to bake hubby’s favorite cake pineapple upside down cake.

I have been on the fence as to whether to change hotel arrangements for September not sure one of my favorite hotels will be open even though it’s saying they will be August 31st. Just can’t see them opening another one of the big hotels if the numbers are down. Will see.

Shout out to Tink, Sue, Patty, Monykalyn and all the other Sans family we have not scene for awhile :wave:

Have a great Sunday everyone.

@Robo56 congratulations on your granddaughter’s engagement - and lovely you will be seeing them.

We have heard that my husband’s son (who is nearly 40) and his partner are expecting their first baby next year. We rarely see them but good that they let him know straight away. I suggested he follows up with a call next week and offers we would like to provide funds for their pram. They are an active couple who like to get out in the countryside so not sure what type they will like.

A lot on our news today about a huge increase in migrants crossing the channel from France this year in small dinghies - implications that the French are just allowing it to happen and putting them at so much risk. It’s a worldwide problem that nobody has an answer to.

Time to eat for us.

I am back at the mall again. Dh needs some new jeans. I told him that there were some good sales going on here. I thought he would just go shopping by himself, but he headed to the mall right after we had lunch. B and are sitting in the middle of the mall waiting for Dh to finish shopping.

Is your daughter happy about moving back to school or is she a little nervous?
She can’t wait to move into the dorm. She’s not nervous about the virus, it is concerned about how it will affect socialization. The dorms usually have a lot of activities during the year. I don’t know what they will be doing now.

The Chester Zoo series is popular with us as we have adopted animals there. Usually visit 3/4 times a year it’s about 90 minutes away. When (if) things return to normal we may become members.
Awesome that you adopt animals at the zoo. Our nearest zoo is 2 hours away. I want to visit again soon. They have opened a new otter exhibit and a new sloth exhibit.

My nephew was admitted to the hospital this week and then transferred to a larger hospital for cardiac issues and possible covid. He's 21 years old.
Prayers for your nephew. 21 is so young to have cardiac issues.

I forgot to mention that our tubing trip last weekend was very nice. We floated down the James River for about 3 1/2 hours (4 miles). It was very relaxing. We will definitely do that again.
Glad you had fun. B once did an overnight canoe trip down the James.

Our youngest granddaughter who is 23 and her boyfriend FaceTimed with us Friday evening and told us he proposed and she accepted.
congratulations to the couple!

If HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎈🎉🎊 to Keisha!

I’m posting from my phone, so please forgive any typos.

Hi all,
Checking in after an awful week. Hoping thing improve this week.

Best wishes to your nephew, what an awful experience for him and everyone around him.

2020 keeps getting weirder. Apparently I slept through an earthquake this morning.

Crikey!! No damage around you??

Happy Sunday....

It's been a nice weekend so far. Worked in the yard a bit yesterday then went to a friend's daughters high school graduation party. It was postponed from June. The grad is leaving for college in two weeks. She has to quarantine for 10 days before checking into her dorm but they will have in person classes. As predicted, our son's school will go virtual the first 9 weeks.

This weekend is a tax free weekend so I will probably go out today and do a little shopping.

My husband was the same way but we booked our first cruise in 2017 and he loved it. The free unlimited drink package was a nice perk. Lol. It's his favorite way to vacation now. An extended cruise is definitely on our bucket list but it will probably have to wait until retirement.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Happy Birthday @keishashadow. Hope you had a great day.

Glad the tubing trip went well......it does sound fun and very relaxing!!

It`s become a joke now when Tom mentions cruising......I`d be so bored in a short cruise never mind a 3 month one round the world....lol....yes, I can see why your husband would like that, it does sound the right way to travel......

Glad you enjoyed the graduation party and good news on the virtual school!

Still waiting for the Empress to make an appearance

Yes, where is our Empress today........hope she`s having a lot of fun........

Happy Sunday morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 516876

Not really it’s raining cats and dogs here and is dark out, but I love Winifred’s face........LOL

View attachment 516860

View attachment 516861

Lynne hope your tea is tasty this morning. Headache is better thank you. Not fun to wake up with those. I had a wonderful time with great- nephew. He is such a sweet baby.

Thank you. Don’t wake up with headaches very often, but when I do they are barn burners for sure.

The baby loves to swing...My niece has a swing on her patio. So Aunt Robbie takes him swinging, I roll up the carpets so he can have full run of the floors with his walker. He is precious.

Yes, the folks that owned our favorite Italian restaurant when I was growing up the Valentino’s were like family ..I miss those days.

Could possibly be one. Not a regular occurrence for me though.

I hope you are feeling better and your stent comes out on its own as it’s supposed to. Your are a trooper......sending lots of mummy dust your way as you continue to heal.

As always your drinks look yummy.

I’am thank you. Hope your hubby is doing well and tolerating his new meds ok.

Sounds like you have been busy getting B ready for school to start.

I’am sure he will be thrilled.

Your Krispie treats look good.

So they would be more solid then a marshmallow krispie treat here in US? Almost looks like our no bake cookies here in a way.

What a beautiful picturesque Village.

What a nice thing to do for the RHPS newbies.

Sounds like a wonderful gift. Good food, good times with family.

Happy birthday Keisha. We will celebrate HHN anyway.

Sending a pirate to start the party
View attachment 516874

And a special birthday spell

View attachment 516875

Eye of newt and wing of bat, hair of dog and nail of cat, bone of frog
a witches stew, sending HHN birthday wishes to you.

View attachment 516877

View attachment 516878

View attachment 516873

Wow....sounds like another nice hot day for you. Wish I could hang my laundry out. The smell of fresh laundered sheets dried in a breeze are heavenly.

I hope your nephew gets well soon. So scary for someone so young to have heart issues.

One of our granddaughters from Kentucky stopped by with her children yesterday. We had a barbecue. It was so good to see them. They were in town shopping for school things. I sent them home with masks and little hand fans I found at Walmart. Thought that might help with mask wearing a little.

Our youngest granddaughter who is 23 and her boyfriend FaceTimed with us Friday evening and told us he proposed and she accepted. He did well with ring. It’s beautiful. They were smiling. He is a nice young man and fits well with the family. Interestingly his grandpa went to high school with my hubby. Small world.

We will see them later today when they come by for barbecue to celebrate hubby’s Birthday. Keeping things small and wish we could have all the family together, but to risky as we all know.

I have steaks out thawing. Son will grill them for me....we call him the grill master....Will make twice baked potatoes and salad. I need to bake hubby’s favorite cake pineapple upside down cake.

I have been on the fence as to whether to change hotel arrangements for September not sure one of my favorite hotels will be open even though it’s saying they will be August 31st. Just can’t see them opening another one of the big hotels if the numbers are down. Will see.

Shout out to Tink, Sue, Patty, Monykalyn and all the other Sans family we have not scene for awhile :wave:

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Love the memes Robo......

Big congratulations to your Granddaughter....how lovely they got engaged.....an extra celebration today for the family........and yes, it is a small world....

That does sound adorable with the baby, so much fun to be around them......

Yes, the krispie cakes go hard, once you melt the krispies into the melted chocloate, cool them and into the fridge to chill.....which is why I don`t eat them due to crowns.....lol......but a firm childhood favourite and obviously very different from American ones......

Yes, I love hanging washing out......that fresh smell can never be replicated in a dryer.......

Have a lovely day Robo with your family, small gatherings will still be lovely......

Take care........

hi everybody :wave2:

I'm at work on my lunch break and playing catchup....it's almost time to go back so I'll just wish our keisha a happy birthday with the same card as last year...still love it! Hope you have a wonderful day!
View attachment 516922

Hey Vicki........so good to see you!!!!

hope all is well with you.....we miss you posting!!!!

Charade....just saw you pop in......have fun at the mall......and yes, it`s understandable they will be worried about the social side of things.....so she`s not even a little worried going back?

So, ended up visiting a friend for a couple of hours this afternoon and sat in her garden for a while. Tom and Kyle had fun at the showroom and he has decided to go with the new car after all.

The Mercedes showroom was fairly busy, they expected it to be fairly quiet which is a good sign for the car industry as a whole.

So, as he`s having upgrades and additions to this car as before, factory order from Germany and he should get it in November.......he`s quite happy tonight.....::yes::

Just finished dinner.......rib of beef was gorgeous......I do cook a mean rib of beef!!! Made some dauphinoise potatoes and baby carrots.......beautiful dinner. Been a lovely day all round here......Kyle bought a new car, I saw one of my closest friends and a lovely dinner.....yep, not bad.

Quiet night ahead.......few emails to keep up with and then it`ll be Monday again and two weeks till we head up to Scotland......cannot wait!!!!

@schumigirl glad Kyle sorted his car out - always nice to have a new one. We ordered mine last November and it arrived a few days before lockdown. Did very few miles as you can imagine until recently. I’ve got the 7 seater VW Tiguan Allspace as we were planning on getting a touring caravan - put that on hold for now - but means we have one car that we can all go out in comfortably together. Lovely to see your friend - think we all appreciate that more now.

@Charade67 was there any follow up on the earthquake or just a tremor?

Crikey!! No damage around you??
was there any follow up on the earthquake or just a tremor?
The earthquake actually happened about 3 hours southwest of where I live. I guess we just felt a tremor. I slept through it, so it must not have been too bad here.

Charade....just saw you pop in......have fun at the mall......and yes, it`s understandable they will be worried about the social side of things.....so she`s not even a little worried going back?
If she is worried she hasn't said anything about it. I think she is just anxious to get back to a regular school routine, but she knows there will be a lot of safety precautions in place when she goes back.

I started working on our last puzzle, but gave up after 20 minutes. When i ordered the puzzle I didn't realize I would be getting a cheap knock off. (It was supposed to be a Thomas Kincaid Disney puzzle.) The pieces are cut to the exact same size and shape and don't lay flat when put together. I decided to order 2 500 piece puzzles to work on instead.

Hmmm, yeah ready for a new puzzle, but have not started one either, Charade. Have to look in my closet.

Real, nice all set up for J.

Robo, aww, congratulations to the newly engaged granddaughter. Sometimes closer than you know, but neat connection. Yep, tea was lovely, and the last of mom’s stuff set out for the resale shop. Was bittersweet going through things one last time with all but my one sibling. I am glad we all get along. Enjoy the birthday celebrations today.

Steak is the dinner thought now. And both kids arose so late, made chicken, I put it on a tortilla, older one had it on a everything bagel, toasted, and little one added to her matzo ball soup, that was left over from last night. Brunch or lunch? Late breakfast? Eh, was 12:30 by the time the chicken was done. No eggs nor bacon was had.

Eh, neighbor is mowing his grass, and it’s loud. Was a mostly sunny day and very warm out.

After spending hours sorting through stuff, I am relaxing with a cup of iced tea.

And dammit Janet, the camel wishing you a happy birthday didn’t get ya happy, maybe he will:
8C738BE1-6102-4928-BDFF-B5C1A16F35A4.jpeg

Present :) and accounted for, thanks for all the good vibes!

When I realized all the kids would be doing a drive by today at various times, decided I needed to whip up something to feed them all. Quick run to store and made teriyaki chicken, two different sorts of taters & huge salad. Easy to reheat or slice the chicken cold onto the salad.

Made a cake, one of my DS attacked it already. One of those lovely bundt cakes with a decided lemon zest taste. Can i call it healthy as there is no icing haha

Here we are in all our finery

B1C303A6-BA5C-439A-BADA-E7C353049966.jpeg

make a very good red sauce
Gravy :). I remember doing a double take hearing that phrase out east.
in homemade soup, and a loaf of Italian bread
As long as it’s Italian wedding soup im in
I almost forgot - Happy International Cat Day!

View attachment 516758
What a beauty
Hope night is going well for all, and Keisha rolled home full of pasta and other Italian treats.
I had a filet but did enjoy sharing appetizers
think he’s looking at a higher powered updated version of the car he has now, he does love it, but he’s a man who loves a new car.....he may end up opting to not change it if he doesn’t feel it’s worth it or doesn’t like the face lifted version of it. But they always enjoy test driving cars so it’ll be fun for them.
Boys & their toys :). Why not
One thing they are leaning toward is that is might be an infection from vaping. ??
OMG that’s terrible. Drives me crazy to hear people insist no harm in vaping.
2020 keeps getting weirder. Apparently I slept through an earthquake this morning.
Talk about being laid back lol. Glad it missed you
Nice, how were the bugs? We were watching the kayakers run the rapids yesterday while waiting to be seated for dinner. I marvel at how some of those rather big-built people manage to stuff themselves into those little boats
hi everybody :wave2:

I'm at work on my lunch break and playing catchup....it's almost time to go back so I'll just wish our keisha a happy birthday with the same card as last year...still love it! Hope you have a wonderful day!
View attachment 516922
:)
A lot on our news today about a huge increase in migrants crossing the channel from France this year in small dinghies - implications that the French are just allowing it to happen and putting them at so much risk. It’s a worldwide problem that nobody has an answer to.
Hadn’t heard of that issue. Reminiscent of the Muriel boat drop from cuba here. Yet, I cannot imagine the depth of desperation of the people who would put their family’s welfare in jeopardy on a dinghy in open water, no matter how small the channel
Yes, the krispie cakes go hard, once you melt the krispies into the melted chocloate, cool them and into the fridge to chill.....which is why I don`t eat them due to crowns.....lol......but a firm childhood favourite and obviously very different from American ones......
Tell me you could microwave them so they get ooie gooie & plop a scoop of vanilla ice cream upon them
And dammit Janet, the camel wishing you a happy birthday didn’t get ya happy, maybe he will:
Haha both great options, thank you

Hope those steaks are good tomorrow Lynne.......and whatever you end up having tonight......it`s nice to mix things up now and again.

We changed things a little tonight too.....didn`t make up my cocktail....instead went for a different gin each.........

@J'aime Paris got a new one for you........Beefeater Blackberry Gin........Tom prefers it to the other one, I actually still prefer the classic Pink Gin from Gordon`s, but if you like Gin, you`ll love that one......very fruity too!!

Saturday night in a glass.........🍸

gin9-XL.jpg
Oh yummy! I've heard of Blackberry Brandy, but not Blackberry Gin.
I'll be searching for that this week:-)

Present :) and accounted for, thanks for all the good vibes!

When I realized all the kids would be doing a drive by today at various times, decided I needed to whip up something to feed them all. Quick run to store and made teriyaki chicken, two different sorts of taters & huge salad. Easy to reheat or slice the chicken cold onto the salad.

Made a cake, one of my DS attacked it already. One of those lovely bundt cakes with a decided lemon zest taste. Can i call it healthy as there is no icing haha

Here we are in all our finery

View attachment 516973

Gravy :). I remember doing a double take hearing that phrase out east.

As long as it’s Italian wedding soup im in

What a beauty

I had a filet but did enjoy sharing appetizers

Love the picture Janet......and love the accessories too.....such a fun idea!!!! Glad it was a huge success.......and more excellent food!!!!

Oh yummy! I've heard of Blackberry Brandy, but not Blackberry Gin.
I'll be searching for that this week:-)

lol.....Lori, it`s so good!!!

I still prefer the pink gin overall, but it is fruity and not very gin like.....which suits me......I do love Blackberry Brandy.....we have some in the cabinets, but tend to use it more for cocktails......Blackberry Margarita all round ladies......:cheer2:

Glad to see you back and posting.....hope the trip was good!!!!

Almost bed time here for me.......it`s not even 10.30!!! But, an early night now and again does you the world of good..... ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter