Something About Nothing............ #14

Pasta dinner. Oh mom, pasta? You know I don’t like red sauce. Well yeah. Burgers, not having them either? Did you not eat the leftover cheeseburger for lunch? Sigh. Yay mom, pasta. 1 of 3 is satisfied. Well, more like 2 for 2, as I don’t mind a bowl of pasta.

Ooh saw a puzzle in the cabinet that looked nice. May get into that tonight. Maybe not.

Went out just before dinner, as little one wanted chips and had to pick up ordered prints. Oh my was it so muggy out.

Very warm night we will have. A okay for a Monday.

@mckennarose hope they can get your nephew sorted out soon. Worrying for all of you,
@Lynne G pasta always popular here but I try not to eat too much anymore - when I was on a tight budget I lived on pasta with pesto and broccoli - yum.
Should be settled down now but problems tonight have set my mind racing - won’t bore you here - like groundhog days with ex son in law.
Going to have a read before my radio.
Goodnight to all x

Good evening everyone. Nothing much going on here. Tomorrow I have to deal with a rather serious issue at work. I am not looking forward to it.

That would have made me raid the fridge for ice cream lol
No ice cream in my fridge.

Middle kid's graduation ceremony Friday.
Yesterday was small family and friends party for the girls (both graduates).
Congrats to the graduates.

Oldest still has the pnuemothorax, got evaluated by the cardiothoracic surgeon, slowly improving at last check so next xray is the 17th.
Prayers for continued improvement.

So far all looking good for Scotland visit in two weeks......although of course anything can change in that time.
Hoping for an awesome trip for you.

We had a big scare with resident across the hall from my Mom in nursing home testing positive for CV thrice before they said a false alarm. Nobody ‘officially’ has it in that large community of thousands thus far.
Glad to hear that it is a false positive. We've had a couple of nursing home outbreaks in nearby cities.

Ordered us all a pair of the new Simpson’s Vans, Slip-On shoes, we like to bring a few pairs to change up, we typically start our days (especially park days) with our adidas ultraboost, some of the best sneakers ever, so thought these would be a cool change up and fun theme!
I have never tried Vans, but love slip on shoes. I maynever go back to laces or velcro.

I cannot wear most adidas, as they tend to be a wide shoe.
I have never bought Addidas before, but will have to give them a try. I have fat feet.

Thanks for the well wishes for my nephew. He is doing well. Third covid test came back negative,
Great to hear.

Ooh saw a puzzle in the cabinet that looked nice. May get into that tonight. Maybe not.
Can't wait to see it. The 2 that I ordered yesterday have already shipped.

Should be settled down now but problems tonight have set my mind racing - won’t bore you here - like groundhog days with ex son in law.
Hope things work out and the problems with him end.

I'm off to look for a light.

Morning all - I’ll leave the light on for all to see.

Our storms didn’t arrive so it’s warm and still muggy this morning.

Littlest has a friend and her mummy coming over to play this morning - just wondering if they’d like the pool - will wait till they wake. I will take Louie out then he will sleep while they play and I can do some sit down tasks in our lounge.

Online food delivery around 11 - big one today but no meat or veg which we get from farm shops. I’m starting to build a stock again of those things that were short in lockdown. Hope it won’t be necessary but sensible.

Have to collect an order from Boots - they are our biggest chemist chain. Emma says she will come with me when the children go later overnight to their father. It’s a small outdoors shopping centre on the edge of the next town. Our Boots is in a small indoor shopping centre that we are still avoiding.

Kev is meeting a charity at his Mum’s today - they are taking all the good furniture. Glad it won’t be tipped. I need to find something similar near to Dad’s.

So plenty to do. I’m going to make a Massaman curry in the slow cooker as just the grown ups for our meal tonight.

Good morning to all.

Hi all,
Thanks for the well wishes for my nephew. He is doing well. Third covid test came back negative, so they are thinking it's myocarditis from a viral infection from vaping, not covid. More testing and treatments to come.
My other nephew is 26 and has special needs, so we were extra nervous about the family getting covid and how to help them. It's just my BIL and the two boys and major issues take some extra figuring out.

Mixed news there mrose......still sending good wishes for him and everyone around him......it`s a huge worry for all concerned.

Good evening everyone. Nothing much going on here. Tomorrow I have to deal with a rather serious issue at work. I am not looking forward to it.

No ice cream in my fridge.

Congrats to the graduates.

Prayers for continued improvement.

Hoping for an awesome trip for you.

Glad to hear that it is a false positive. We've had a couple of nursing home outbreaks in nearby cities.

I have never tried Vans, but love slip on shoes. I maynever go back to laces or velcro.

I have never bought Addidas before, but will have to give them a try. I have fat feet.

Great to hear.

Can't wait to see it. The 2 that I ordered yesterday have already shipped.

Hope things work out and the problems with him end.

I'm off to look for a light.

Hope today goes better for you, it`s never fun having to deal with issues that you know will be difficult.....

No ice cream in your freezer......:scared1:

Thanks....looks like this Scotland trip will go ahead (fingers crossed) my mum is 85 and although she is in excellent health, I`m still very aware of not having seen her for such a long time......looking forward to seeing family up there......

I’ll be looking forward to whatever will be our porch light tonight

Yes, I like Charade`s night lights.......::yes::

Tonight we have a geeky light.
View attachment 517390

Nothing wrong with geeky.....we are a household of geeks......:rotfl:

So far a gorgeous day here despite the weather warnings......sun is shining and it`s so warm!!!

Will plan to barbecue, but can cook inside if we need to......will go look and see what we have. No need to make potato salad as I made double yesterday, everything else will be fresh........lightning has been postponed apparently......supposed to have a few spots of rain right now according to the weather but none so far and around 80+ for the rest of the day and nicer tomorrow......

Another night of not sleeping well.....between the heat and weird, very weird dreams I was restless.......although I think I was the only one.......someone beside me slept perfectly well!!!!

Rice Krispies for breakfast this morning......it was all we felt like........hopefully grill for lunch too.

I wandered down a walk to beyond the fruit trees earlier this morning, and you know the flower that seemed to sprout from nowhere.......it really is right at the boundary of our property and not a place we have anything planted as it`s so far down, almost just wasteland......so seems very strange to have roses growing......yep, we now have two roses on a rose bush stem that wasn`t there a few years back and different colours at that!

flower3-XL.jpg

cv2243-X2.jpg

cv2245-L.jpg

cv2273-L.jpg

Have a wonderful Tuesday.........​

Real, nice to donate for another to use. We divided up most of mum’s furniture, then donated the items we all did not want. Yes, our weather is also muggy. Saying oppressive heat warnings today. And that random chance of rain or a thunderstorm.

Weather lady said we are in the midst of another heatwave. Not quite a bright morning sunrise, as even foggy for some. Ooh, then you know it will be hot.

Schumi will be cooking outside, Real gets stocked up in her kitchen again, and for the rest of the homies, yay! Taco Tuesday is here.
A1B92BBF-5ECC-4DB0-AA26-4B4BC14AD003.jpeg

Yep, the day Mac can do her Taco Bell run, eating it outside or in her car.

And I am thinking beef stir fry, but hey we may make beef tacos. Eh, too early to decide dinner plans.

And so, with another Summer morning upon us, I am enjoying that ever happy cup of breakfast tea.

Good Morning homies. Hope your Tuesday is terrific!

Oh, and pretty roses Schumi. Either a bird or animal most likely carried that rose bush from wherever it got it from, and deposited there. I sometimes get random placed tulips, as I guess one animal digs it up, bird takes it and boom, now deposited in a place far away from where it came. I get my DH to dig them up, and put back in garden. Otherwise, he’d mow them over, as many seem to be in the middle of the lawn.

Oh, and pretty roses Schumi. Either a bird or animal most likely carried that rose bush from wherever it got it from, and deposited there. I sometimes get random placed tulips, as I guess one animal digs it up, bird takes it and boom, now deposited in a place far away from where it came. I get my DH to dig them up, and put back in garden. Otherwise, he’d mow them over, as many seem to be in the middle of the lawn.

That`s what our gardener says too....it`s been a seed or something dropped by a bird and I wonder if maybe in a year or two we`ll have loads of roses on it......

It`s beside the pond, and quite a damp area and not really an area we use much, which is a shame, I can`t see it from the house so will keep checking on it.....two colours was just weird.

I like tulips, and again, we don`t have a single tulip anywhere on our property for some reason......we have a lot of trees of many varieties, conifers and bushes but not many flowers......and I love flowers!!

600DA2E7-6692-455F-B36E-603CCF56D8F5.jpeg
have never tried Vans, but love slip on shoes. I maynever go back to laces or velcro.
I figure there’s a whole generation of kids out there who haven’t a clue how to tie a shoe Lol
Thanks....looks like this Scotland trip will go ahead (fingers crossed) my mum is 85 and although she is in excellent health, I`m still very aware of not having seen her for such a long time......looking forward to seeing family up there......
Hooray!

So hot here today - some areas had terrific lightning shows last night but we didn’t get anything. It was degrees when we got back to the car after collecting my chemist order - thank goodness for AC.

We have just eaten our lamb massaman in the garden and it was a thumbs up with the new recipe.

All the talk of comfy footwear is interesting. I have Lymphoedema in my legs and feet. Advice when I was getting drainage massage (no funding for that anymore) was to wear very comfy and supportive flat footwear. In winter I wear Uggs practically all the time. Summer is harder. I finally had to admit my summer walking sandals needed to go and am
still breaking in their replacements. I have Converse pumps that I find very comfortable but are lace ups and would like a comfortable slip on or Velcro pair.

Not a Simpsons fan though!

Not often we can match your heat but still very warm here. Fans are on and windows are wide open.

Love raspberries and strawberries but rarely eat them now due to my digestion problems.

Currently watching the new Perry Mason series - perhaps not new to you guys?

Since everything or place we go to has ac, I can deal with the heat

when I lived in Chicago and a northern suburb, the cold was miserable.
Snow, ice and minus zero degrees I never got used to.

Perry Mason?
the tv show of 1957 to 66???

I watched some of it years ago but it bored me.

Are reruns of that show back on?
Or has it been changed as a new show in the present time period?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter