• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Did a bit of traveling this past weekend. Father in law was in town, which meant I needed to find somewhere to go. Mom, my sister and I drove down to the outskirts of Dallas for an In N Out lunch. Yeah we are just a little nuts to drive 5 hours for a burger. But it was a great excuse to get away and it was awesome.

@snowpack good morning - did you mean you drive to meet FIL or avoid him? Sorry I’m not up to date yet having been missing from the group for a while.

@Charade67 glad work problems were sorted. When I first took early retirement I took some work in our local hospital HR department processing visa applications. New to me but I enjoyed the detective work involved.....then I made an error I wasn’t sure how to correct before someone was due to start work....had to own up and thankfully not the first time it had happened and soon sorted - phew!

@Lynne G during lockdown I sent for flat shoes from a firm supposed to be for feet like mine - so narrow in depth that even trying to wear them in around the house turned my toe nails black - I was so reluctant to give in because of their price but Kev threw them straight in the bin! 3 months on big toe nails are still recovering. Have to avoid damage - even scratches to my legs and feet - moisturised daily to try and keep them well. I find them embarrassing but a private consultant I saw when I was working told me as very few men suffer with the condition there’s been virtually no research on lymphoedema.

Our news is showing the amazing storms from last night - describing them as tropical - but again another beautiful morning.

Emma is collecting the children at 9 and she has made a shoe fitting appointment for them over the hills in Buxton where there is an excellent children’s shop - appointment only at the moment. A beautiful Victorian Spa town with a lovely park and old buildings so I’m tagging along for the visit. Will post a couple of photos later.

More coffee before I dress. Pondering what to make for dinner tonight - I now have the ingredients for the fennel and watermelon salad to have with chicken but need something else for the children.

How wonderful! I cant imagine going as long as you have without seeing my mom. So happy for you.

Dang, there is another thing work got in the way of.

Good to know. I had a pair of croc flips flops that I wore everywhere. Could wear them all day at the park and my feet were none the worse. They finally broke this past spring. Bought a new pair but they are not the same.

Never tried raspberry vodka, but love anything with raspberry chambord in it.

Did a bit of traveling this past weekend. Father in law was in town, which meant I needed to find somewhere to go. Mom, my sister and I drove down to the outskirts of Dallas for an In N Out lunch. Yeah we are just a little nuts to drive 5 hours for a burger. But it was a great excuse to get away and it was awesome.

Our plans for September are still technically on, but after Southwest's latest change we are not feeling all bright and shiny about it. Might just wait and hope that things get magically better for December.

Thanks, looking forward to it a lot Vicki......

Sounds like a nice weekend......yep nothing wrong with driving a long way for food!!! Chambord and champagne are lovely together......

Fingers crossed your trip goes ahead......too many of us have had to cancel!!

A good night to Schumi too.

Very warm night, and all are chilling. Ack, you know it’s warm, the AC just went on again.

Yeah, I know flip flops aren’t the best, but yeah I have never had any issues with them. My days of high heels though, and very numbered. I even wear flats at work, as I have to walk from about to, to over a mile inside my workplace to get to other buildings.

Snow, nice to get away for a little food trip. Oh I hear ya, with SW. My direct morning flight was no more, and only direct is night. So I am getting in late, a wasting a day. And had an evening direct back, latest direct is mid afternoon. So leaving earlier than I wanted. But, after thought, I am keeping what they changed to. Any other change, would have me stopping once, doubling the time traveling, or book a different day. But since I already put in time off, and have all booked, and I would cost more in hotel night and car for another day, so yeah, it just stinks. On a positive note though, I caught huge discount flights after I booked, and thus had travel funds. With email sent today, I quickly took advantage of their offer to make my travel funds into points for free. And so, I have much more points now, that don’t expire, and if I use, and price reduces, I get the points back. Thank goodness, as otherwise I would loose that money if I did not travel by the first time I booked in the late Spring.

Oh and a big YAY for Schumi saying Scotland trip is on. Will be so nice to see your mum and all the family and friends back there. And enjoyed seeing some Scottish pictures in your, Hoping to be going trip report. I hope you do get to travel around the holidays, as I think I remembered Kyle will be joining you, if you do go.

Lights on here, but will have my lights out before the light left on here.

Most restful and peaceful night, homies.

If flip flops work for you, then keep wearing them. I just can`t as they kill me......and hate that bit between the toes! I wear heels for very short bursts of time, usually going out for dinner if I don`t have to walk too far from the car......and they`re not the high heels I used to wear in the 1980`s!!!! Those were the days........

Yes, Kyle is supposed to be with us for Christmas, fingers crossed.

Good evening. Today went better than expected. I had to own up to a huge mistake I made at work. I must have been more worried about it than I realized. Last night I dreamed I was looking for another job.

This afternoon I went to pick Bethany up from her theater group. This parking space always amuses me.
View attachment 517719\\
I'm not sure where visitors of other nationalities are supposed to park.

Thanks. I had to own up to a big mistake that I made. Thankfully the boss took it well.

We rarely have ice cream at home. I've become rather fond of the store near my office.

I can totally relate. Not the heat so much, but definitely the weird dreams.

So cool. Maybe you will get a whole rose bush.

You are probably right. I had a time teaching B how to tie her shoe. She's a lefty.

I have no idea what happened to the rest of that quote, but I am too tired to go back and fix it. Mac was commenting on the heat. I think it will get a little cooler here this week, but will also rain.

A raspberry tart sounds wonderful. Especially with a little chocolate drizzled over it.

Dh did his undergraduate at Northwestern. He loved the school, but does not miss the Chicago winters.

That sounds...um...interesting.

I completely forgot about that.

Do you have narrow feet? Mine are wide, but I was never a fan of Crocs. Not a fan of flip flops either. I can't stand having that piece in between my toes. My favorite shoes right now are the Skechers Go Walk slip ons.

It's a little early, but I will leave a light on.

View attachment 517722

The Croc Patricia`s don`t have the bit between the toes.....and give excellent support, but now they have narrowed they may not be of any use to you.

It would be lovely if we got a full rose bush out of it......i`m sure our gardener could take a cutting and plant another one......or we could just ask him to plant one or two.....maybe a little late this year. We just aren`t gardeners.....I could kill weeds!

Nice light.

You out did yourself with tonight’s porch light!

I had 3 left handed boys
What are the odds of that ...

Did have one righty though.

Kyle is left handed......we`re both right handed, but my mum is ambidextrous, so I guess it comes from her.......

Yes teaching tying shoe laces to him was fun!! We taught him both right and left handed things like scissor skills very early on........because as we had all left handed things, they wouldn`t be everywhere, he can use right handed scissors just fine still.

My friend about two hours up the coast from me woke me up this morning early.......I heard my phone go off downstairs as it is so still!! She was telling me they had fog....and did we!!! Hadn`t even looked out the window yet.......none here, but maybe a little more misty than usual. Glad I`m not over the other side of the country they have some rain around today.......one of my cousins in Manchester is supposed to be having an outdoor party for her grandson today.......hope it clears up for them.

Sunny and a high around 80 again today........not a breath of air moving around this morning..........but that rain is heading from the West,,,,hope it stays further North than us.....

No idea of any plans today yet.......might be another garden day.....I hate gardening but love sitting and enjoying it......and just got another txt from one of our book group asking if we`re starting it up soon......er, no idea! Not sure everyone is quite ready for such a get together......

Grilling again tonight.......think it`ll be steaks and shrimp for dinner and chicken kebabs for lunch......getting through running down the freezers, although the chest freezer outside will take longer......

But......time for breakfast........bacon time mac.......where are ooooooo :scratchin

cv2271-L.jpg

fun24-L.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday.........​

Ooh Real, I hope you can get some nap time in today. That’s not a very long sleep, 3 hours. And sorry to hear you have that condition. I hate when I really want a shoe, but they hurt, so I have had to toss a pair or two. Yeah, I have stubbed my ties so many times, and lost nails. I find it icky looking, but thankfully, my nails do return. Toe nails seem to take longer to grow. And with all this extra hand washing, my fingernails are much shorter than usual. But they grow back too. Happy to hear you will have the grandkids today.

Schumi, yes, I am very lucky to not have issues with much. And like Kyle, I can use regular scissors. Hope the fog has lifted, and how cute, news of a new pup! Poppy is a good name, and happy she was able to get another dog to love being a part of her family. Yeah, I will most likely get another dog too, but not any time soon. With all us home, we do miss having one around.

Charade, I think I saw those kind of crocs, but I doubt I would ever wear them. Yeah, funny how genes work. Why we call my sister the mailman’s kid. My oldest brother and I look alike, my two other brothers look alike, my sister, well she does not look like any of us. My kids are a good mix of us. Both have brown hair, differs shades, older one has blue eyes, but little one has blue green. Sometimes they look blue, sometimes more green. I know for both DH and I, we had one of our grandmothers that had blue eyes. So makes sense that blue eyes are in my family, Hehe, my blue eyed nephew, and his blue eyed wife, have three blue eyed kids. And yeah, we all make mistakes, own up, fix and move on. No need to rehash what happened ever again.

With that, I woke up, heard the alarm, then must have fell back asleep to hear it turn off. Oops. Moved a little faster this morning. Not sure why, as went to bed my normal time. Guess I really needed the sleep.

But as I happily drink my tea, you know it’s a Wednesday when a camel appears, and I look forward to it being Friday soon enough. And this Friday, since it has been a long week, I think I will take it off. Then I will not have to worry about getting up early, when the alarm goes off. Oh, I may be awake when Friday’s alarm goes off, but yes, will relax and not move fast to get up.

And so, why hello camel:
7A61778A-8C51-47BE-8C0D-AD59EF5DACCE.jpeg

Nothing like your phone still reminding you, flash flood warning expires in one day. Yeah, when it’s stinking hot, like Mac has, you get that chances of rain. And so, we have another day above 90, in the middle of a Heat Wave, lots of humidity, and yes, increasing chances of seen wet today. Muggy anyone? Or should I say those of us getting that very humid hot air, muggles? :laughing:

Lastly, have that wonderful Wednesday, homies.

When I see the camel. I know it is Wednesday.

I did get to sleep early last night.

Took a sleeping pill and out like a log.

3:35 this morning a cat woke me up
Looked at the clock and told them to get the hell out of the room

I must have yelled as they disappear quickly

cats were fed at 6:40

I am ready for the bacon!
Hope I’m not too late for it and the other homies did not eat it all up.

Sending mummy dust to all that you have a great day!

When I see the camel. I know it is Wednesday.

I did get to sleep early last night.

Took a sleeping pill and out like a log.

3:35 this morning a cat woke me up
Looked at the clock and told them to get the hell out of the room

I must have yelled as they disappear quickly

cats were fed at 6:40

I am ready for the bacon!
Hope I’m not too late for it and the other homies did not eat it all up.

Sending mummy dust to all that you have a great day!

Always bacon left for you mac.......:thumbsup2

It was delicious........

Watching CNN and seeing the train that derailed in Scotland and hoping @schumigirl (friends and family) are safe.

Thanks Brenda......I have no family in Aberdeen or surrounding area thankfully, most of my lot are over other parts of Scotland, mostly West or North.

Yes, mac it looks dreadful. And such an awkward area for rescue services. So many guesses as to the cause and at the moment they are provisionally saying the driver has died. Nothing confirmed yet.

The scene looks horrible.

We still have beautiful sunshine at the moment......been busy all morning and heading out in the garden soon I think.......

Been so lucky with this glorious weather when so many parts of the UK have been flooded last few days, mainly in the West and Central Scotland too.....

Back from school shoe shopping - J has gone up a size and a half - very hot and sticky in the town. Children had a snack before we went so no lunch needed today. Stopped off at our local Italian ice cream shop on the way home good to see them busy.

Buxton was quieter than normal - plenty of young families but not so many elderly as normally enjoy the gardens.

The Crescent (very like Bath if any know that area) has had an ongoing huge renovation which is nearly completed as a hotel. It looks amazing
F39422E1-1EDD-4C52-B12C-12DBFD021D39.jpeg
There is a beautiful old opera house too built in a similar style.
9E9F315D-EE1B-437A-BD63-8EAED1DBCBBC.jpegGlass house and orangery are on the left of the gardens - the glass house mostly a restaurant now.
We had a ride on the miniature train around the gardens then headed off for ice cream.

Home now and Grandpa had the pool ready so they happily changed and straight in.

Cold drinks for us in the shade.

Awful to see about the train and also on the other side of our town a house had a direct hit and terrible damage from fire. Luckily all escaped with no injuries.

Good mid-morning all :). Car at shop for inspection, some chores done before it gets to warm to move here. Ready to start brunch, youngest DS will be joining us before he starts work. Of course bacon on the menu. Excited to finally slice down some of our garden tomatoes!

Another who didn’t sleep well last night, wonder if it was a full moon, usually a write-off for me.

2E9ADEA2-E0BB-467B-806D-A624284CE3C7.jpeg
n
Little one is trying to get me to give up my kid’s size Disney ones I bought in Disney more than a few years ago. I did buy another pair that are fancy, but have not taken the tags off them yet. Guess I will one of these days.
Nothing like a free, in-house stylist lol.

Must say, that is one spiffy camel today...looks like just out of salon
Pickle flavour nuggets......can`t quite imagine those.....lol.
In small doses have decided I like them, especially with a bland side dish
We love our dressy crocs don`t we Janet.......lol....we are so fancy pants :rotfl:Yes, the Patricia ones are so fancy.....I still laugh we both called them the same thing.......never wear flip flops.....but the crocs have support which all flip flops don`t.
Family works that phrase in as often as possible, still gives me a chuckle too. Only the Cleo’s for me, not an in between the toe type
You`re lucky you can wear flip flops with no side effects....they are terrible for long term use.....podiatrists hate them.
Absolutely, well except for the crocs according to mine. They do sell flip flops too
Look forward to some cuddles with her this weekend.....she is a beautiful little thing........nope, not getting one.......
Puppies & kittens are nearly impossible to resist :)
Yeah, I know flip flops aren’t the best, but yeah I have never had any issues with them. My days of high heels though, and very numbered. I even wear flats at work, as I have to walk from about to, to over a mile inside my workplace to get to other buildings.
I wore spike heels to work every day for decades. It caught up with me, big time. Some podiatrists do recommend a wedge with a 1/2 to 1 inch slope. Consistency the key, as the tendons gets stressed with the change in stretching between heel heights as you ahem age.
Wow ....,what am I saying .......temps could be 80
And I would stay inside still
Due to the virus
I’m thinking you are very pale at this point:)
so narrow in depth that even trying to wear them in around the house turned my toe nails black - I was so reluctant to give in because of their price but Kev threw them straight in the bin! 3 months on big toe nails are still recovering.
That’s usually the first sign of a toenail in trouble. Lucky you didn’t lose it outright. Had it happen last summer, didn’t fall off for months, was shocked to see a 1/2 grown out nail underneath it. Nice suprise lol
Yes, Kyle is supposed to be with us for Christmas, fingers crossed.
::yes::
Re crocs (we should have a drinking game in play with that the secret word at this point lolololol) Did u try the toss in the dryer for a minute then stretch the straps trick?

Sad to hear about that Scottish train derailment. Prayers to all involved.

We too have a very sunny, bright morning. And neither kid is up.
Oh no, didn’t see that headline scroll. Hope all ok

Morning!
Hate shoe shopping. Amazon Prime wardrobe to the rescue. Found a perfect pair of hiking shoes that way before National Park trip-put them on, walked miles daily, no hurt feet! Friend bought those Mickey croc sandals a couple years back, but they hurt her feet so much she gave them to me-and they are sooo comfortable. have worn them around the parks with no issues.
Dorm shopping for Paige yesterday. One thing about pandemic is stores are so not busy-except Target. Target is always busy-first time I've been in there since before March! Hope all the stuff fits in the car, still have a few things to get in Orlando. Changed my and boy's flight down from upcoming Monday to Friday before thanksgiving. He isn't going now so I'm driving with hubs and kiddo.
We will be in your neck of woods sometime later on Friday Mac! south of Atlanta is usually or minimum stopping point on way down.
Hubs wanted extra day after condo week done so have a night booked at Cabana Bay. Lovely 3 bedroom MVC villa at Grande vista-and now just 3 of us!
We call B our recessive gene child. Dh and I both have brown hair, brown eyes, and are right handed. B has blonde hair, blue eyes, and is a lefty.
Lots of lefties here! Glad the work situation is sorted. I think at some point most of us have had to own up to a mistake-stuff happens as we are only human.
Alysa and Ben (1st and 3rd child) are my lefties-also same body type (tall, skinny) - middle kid is only "normal" one (how she describes herself lol as she is the one who doesn't need special measurement clothes).

Thought I'd lost a chicken this am-apparently forgot to lock them in last night as they were out when I let dog out-4 came running when I shook meal worm bucket. Panic mode ran to coop hoping I didn't see a body-nope nothing there. I went back into kitchen-back slider open, only magnetic screen door in place-there is the diva chicken calmly drinking the dog's water. She was NOT happy I kicked her out! That chicken sneaks in whenever she can, has her hiding spots.

Is it Wednesday already??

Good mid-morning all :). Car at shop for inspection, some chores done before it gets to warm to move here. Ready to start brunch, youngest DS will be joining us before he starts work. Of course bacon on the menu. Excited to finally slice down some of our garden tomatoes!

Another who didn’t sleep well last night, wonder if it was a full moon, usually a write-off for me.

View attachment 517817
n
Nothing like a free, in-house stylist lol.

Must say, that is one spiffy camel today...looks like just out of salon

In small doses have decided I like them, especially with a bland side dish

Family works that phrase in as often as possible, still gives me a chuckle too. Only the Cleo’s for me, not an in between the toe type
Absolutely, well except for the crocs according to mine. They do sell flip flops too

Puppies & kittens are nearly impossible to resist :)

I wore spike heels to work every day for decades. It caught up with me, big time. Some podiatrists do recommend a wedge with a 1/2 to 1 inch slope. Consistency the key, as the tendons gets stressed with the change in stretching between heel heights as you ahem age.

I’m thinking you are very pale at this point:)

That’s usually the first sign of a toenail in trouble. Lucky you didn’t lose it outright. Had it happen last summer, didn’t fall off for months, was shocked to see a 1/2 grown out nail underneath it. Nice suprise lol

::yes::
Re crocs (we should have a drinking game in play with that the secret word at this point lolololol) Did u try the toss in the dryer for a minute then stretch the straps trick?

Oh no, didn’t see that headline scroll. Hope all ok

lol......good drinking game......:rotfl:No, I haven’t tried that yet......I really haven’t worn them much this year.....except the older wider ones......Yep, crocs are the exception to the flip flop style podiatrists love them!! It’s the dollar store type they tend to dismiss......

I try to wear a smallish wedge too.....think we have the same podiatrist......::yes::

3 feared dead now and they think it was a landslide that caused it. Pictures look that way. I don’t know that area of Scotland very well at all.

Sitting in the sun.....well, in the shade.........:wave2:

Had to comment on those pickle flavored nuggets. Doubt my chicken nugget connoisseur would eat them. Though she loves a good kosher dill pickle.

Very sad to hear of deaths from that train derailment. More prayers to those who lost a loved one, and to all involved.

MonyK, you always have a busy house, but sounds like all is sorted out with coming and going. And hehe, always enjoy hearing about your chickens. Poor dog, having to share his water bowl. LoL

I have one kid up. And he’d better be thinking of making lunch for me. Saw, when kids did a grocery run yesterday, bread and cheese. Maybe he will do his go to grilled cheese.

Yep, a Wednesday.

@Monykalyn ha ha love to hear stories of the chickens!
@Lynne G can’t beat grilled cheese - I’m trying to keep off the bread but will grill cheese on most things if possible !
I’m trying to recreate the pickled fennel and watermelon salad I ate out on Saturday - to have with chicken and green salad. Littlest has chosen fish fingers - plenty of other offerings but that’s her favourite.
We’ve been looking where we could have a day out at weekend but so far nothing we feel suitable - have just offered take out pizza and movie night for Saturday and thumbs up for that.

Keisha....I went to look back to see what colour crocs you were wearing on our HHN where we all met up......you weren`t wearing them.....looked at our last dinner.....nope......lol.........just me then!!! I convinced myself you had them on!

I gave in and went to see our newest little puppy in our group.......Poppy is adorable....the snuggliest cuddliest puppy I`ve ever seen :dog:.......she wasn`t strange when I went in and came straight over to me and I just melted!!!! For about a minute I wanted one.......but, no.......

She looks to be a wonderful addition to their home......other dog was suitably amused and a little bemused by this little bundle who will take over for for sure as ruler of the two dogs......other dog is so laid back.......but, glad I went to see her.

Then came home and we had some steak and a few ribs.....Tom had done a rack as well and they were delicious.....hard to beat. Kyle isn`t a fan of ribs, but does love a good steak.....think he got the biggest one......well, no ribs I guess.

Still lovely outside, but think we have to get some of that mist roll in later.....and another nice day tomorrow......but shopping as usual, few places to visit for a mix of products......

TV and catch up night ahead.......

Wish we could get a soaking rain!

Let’s trade.....
I’ll give you sunshine and heat and you give me rain.

Aww, so sweet, Schumi, that Poppy is a nice pup. Like many, nice to visit, see ya later. Yep, almost all pets make me want one, but me too, nope, not yet.

Yeah Mac, this rain is from a clash of cold front coming into contact with our Southern warm air.

Like most summer storms, will be gone in about 20 minutes, all quiet now, then sun back out and like yeah, more humid, as rain evaporates into the air. But the cold weather system will win, as in low 80’s tomorrow, and decreasing humidity by the end of the weekend. Was barely a Heat Wave, as lasted 3 days, as our high today, is still 90. Went from 90 this morning to current 73 temp. We will be back in the mid 80’s by dinner time. At least my car got hopefully washed off that bird poop. My car seems to attract bird poop.

Ooh, something flooded or fire, local fire whistle just sounded.

Good afternoon. Quiet day today. I've started packing my bag for our trip to Busch Gardens, I think we are going to get rained on though. The forecast doesn't look promising, but we are going to go anyway.

I already got one of the puzzles I ordered on Sunday, If you are looking to buy puzzles online I can recommend a couple of places to shop and one to avoid. I don't know if there are any rules about posting the website links here or not. Mac?

The Croc Patricia`s don`t have the bit between the toes.....and give excellent support, but now they have narrowed they may not be of any use to you.
I haven't looked at Crocs since the original shoe. (I had a pair of knock offs I wore to the pool.) Maybe I should give them another look.

Yeah, funny how genes work.
Genetics is a fascinating science. I wish I could show you a picture of my friend K's daughters. K's mom was Caucasian and her dad biracial. K has slightly darker skin than your average cauacsian, and very dark brown, almost black hair. Her husband is pale and blonde. Their first 2 daughters look just like K. The third daughter is blonde and pale like her father.

Watching CNN and seeing the train that derailed in Scotland and hoping @schumigirl (friends and family) are safe.
How awful.

I have no family in Aberdeen or surrounding area thankfully, most of my lot are over other parts of Scotland, mostly West or North.
Glad to know your family is safe.

Back from school shoe shopping - J has gone up a size and a half
I think one of a parent's favorite days is when the child's feet stop growing. I spent a small fortune on dance shoes.

I wore spike heels to work every day for decades.
Wow. I don't think I ever got higher than a couple of inches.

Hate shoe shopping.
Same here. I would probably like it better if I could find more stuff in my size.

Dorm shopping for Paige yesterday.
What fun. I tried to buy a little bit each week over the summer. I still have a few things to get.

3 feared dead now and they think it was a landslide that caused it.
Prayers for all involved.

I gave in and went to see our newest little puppy in our group.......Poppy is adorable....the snuggliest cuddliest puppy I`ve ever seen :dog:.......she wasn`t strange when I went in and came straight over to me and I just melted!!!! For about a minute I wanted one.......but, no.......
Aw...puppy snuggles. Sometimes I think i want one, but I'm not so sure I want the responsibility. My friends recently acquired a dog, but I haven't met her yet.

I'm feeling sleepy, but trying to stay awake. It's almost time to finish preparing dinner. I have pork chops in the crockpot and need to make some mashed potatoes.

Charade you can list the info on puzzles for sites, prices and etc

As long as you are not advertising to sell them,
all is good

if peeps do sell things and do it by pm, I’ll never know.
Mods can not read a pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter