• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Aww, so sweet, Schumi, that Poppy is a nice pup. Like many, nice to visit, see ya later. Yep, almost all pets make me want one, but me too, nope, not yet.

Yeah Mac, this rain is from a clash of cold front coming into contact with our Southern warm air.

Like most summer storms, will be gone in about 20 minutes, all quiet now, then sun back out and like yeah, more humid, as rain evaporates into the air. But the cold weather system will win, as in low 80’s tomorrow, and decreasing humidity by the end of the weekend. Was barely a Heat Wave, as lasted 3 days, as our high today, is still 90. Went from 90 this morning to current 73 temp. We will be back in the mid 80’s by dinner time. At least my car got hopefully washed off that bird poop. My car seems to attract bird poop.

Ooh, something flooded or fire, local fire whistle just sounded.

Puppy is gorgeous.....but definitely not for us, cute as they are!

Hope your rain is all gone now......

Good afternoon. Quiet day today. I've started packing my bag for our trip to Busch Gardens, I think we are going to get rained on though. The forecast doesn't look promising, but we are going to go anyway.

I already got one of the puzzles I ordered on Sunday, If you are looking to buy puzzles online I can recommend a couple of places to shop and one to avoid. I don't know if there are any rules about posting the website links here or not. Mac?

I haven't looked at Crocs since the original shoe. (I had a pair of knock offs I wore to the pool.) Maybe I should give them another look.

Genetics is a fascinating science. I wish I could show you a picture of my friend K's daughters. K's mom was Caucasian and her dad biracial. K has slightly darker skin than your average cauacsian, and very dark brown, almost black hair. Her husband is pale and blonde. Their first 2 daughters look just like K. The third daughter is blonde and pale like her father.

How awful.

Glad to know your family is safe.

I think one of a parent's favorite days is when the child's feet stop growing. I spent a small fortune on dance shoes.

Wow. I don't think I ever got higher than a couple of inches.

Same here. I would probably like it better if I could find more stuff in my size.

What fun. I tried to buy a little bit each week over the summer. I still have a few things to get.

Prayers for all involved.

Aw...puppy snuggles. Sometimes I think i want one, but I'm not so sure I want the responsibility. My friends recently acquired a dog, but I haven't met her yet.

I'm feeling sleepy, but trying to stay awake. It's almost time to finish preparing dinner. I have pork chops in the crockpot and need to make some mashed potatoes.

Hope you have a lovely trip Charade......

yes, the train crash was just dreadful......they think there was so much rain it caused the landslide.....they have released the name of the driver who sadly died. Horrible news.

Yep, too much like hard work are dogs.....far too tying for us.

It is still so hot tonight.......I think it`ll cool down by the weekend......the whole country is experiencing such different weather right now......

Not long till bedtime.....after our late night last night......we`ll be sound before 11pm tonight.......

I used to go out at this time!!!!

Always bacon left for you mac.......:thumbsup2

It was delicious........

Thanks Brenda......I have no family in Aberdeen or surrounding area thankfully, most of my lot are over other parts of Scotland, mostly West or North.

Yes, mac it looks dreadful. And such an awkward area for rescue services. So many guesses as to the cause and at the moment they are provisionally saying the driver has died. Nothing confirmed yet.

The scene looks horrible.

We still have beautiful sunshine at the moment......been busy all morning and heading out in the garden soon I think.......

Been so lucky with this glorious weather when so many parts of the UK have been flooded last few days, mainly in the West and Central Scotland too.....
I’m glad everyone is safe. :flower3:
Brenda

@Charade67 hope you post a couple of photos of your trip!

The recipe for dinner turned out very similar to the meal I had out so that was good.

Thought I would be shattered tonight but it’s so hot here - of course no a/c just the fan on full and windows on the catch as our bedroom here is downstairs so we don’t leave them wide open,

Will search for a new radio play and hope tonight’s storm misses us.

We had a thunderstorm roll thru half an hour ago and now another one is about to begin.
Not in the 90’s now
Hooray!
Humidity.. boo

If our power goes out, I’m toast.

Summer storms are common in the south so expect more storms this month.

Hope all the homies are safe from the storms going thru your area!
Catch you all later here tonight.

I’m glad everyone is safe. :flower3:
Brenda

Thanks Brenda.....it has been horrible to read about......

We had a thunderstorm roll thru half an hour ago and now another one is about to begin.
Not in the 90’s now
Hooray!
Humidity.. boo

If our power goes out, I’m toast.

Summer storms are common in the south so expect more storms this month.

Hope all the homies are safe from the storms going thru your area!
Catch you all later here tonight.

I need to wait till morning......I`m heading off now......honest!!!

Hope you don`t lose power....your storms are whoppers compared to ours over here.....

:wave2:

Ah, sun did come out, and was oh so muggy, as had to do some errands.

We will be rocking and rolling with more very good chances of storms tomorrow. Seems a cold front has stalled over us, so days of ack, thunderstorm, and less humid, as not as hot as it has been.

Cheese tortellini, with some red gravy, and a yellow pepper chopped if you wanted to add for some crunch. Delicious, dinner done, and now, all to chill.

AC has gone on again, so you know we will have a very warm night, as weather lady said we would.

Hope Real and Schumi have a restful night. Close to midnight for you ladies.

Ba ha ha, for MonyK:
A9993BA3-8550-4F1D-B2B9-4D5084460898.jpeg

Another lovely light Charade.

Morning all. Hope everyone has had a good night. Best night sleep I’ve had in weeks - only awake twice and one radio show!

Hope you all avoided storms - we don’t usually get Florida type ones at all but we’ve had two - amazing and I love to watchthe lightning. Although aware of the danger of them.

One of J’s early memories is of being at Typhoon Lagoon in a lightning storm with me and Grandpa. We were under a storm shelter waiting for it to pass and eventually people began to wander back to their spots - we decided we’d pack up at that time and return to resort and I just walked over to rinse my feet in a stream - not realising the all clear had not been given a voice (give it a strong Southern accent) over the tannoy yelled “lady get out of the waaaaaaaaaaaater”.

He thought it was hysterical!

Sunny and bright this morning but the air has definitely cooled.

L’s friend is coming again today for me to watch them while the Mums go to a food place. Not a food bank but a place set up since lockdown to share food from places that needs using up. Apparently not enough people are going and they’ve asked for more to go.

Kev is going back to his Mum’s house for the items to be collected for the tip that nobody could reuse. It will be empty then.

No other plans as yet except another coffee while everyone emerges for breakfast.

Ah, sun did come out, and was oh so muggy, as had to do some errands.

We will be rocking and rolling with more very good chances of storms tomorrow. Seems a cold front has stalled over us, so days of ack, thunderstorm, and less humid, as not as hot as it has been.

Cheese tortellini, with some red gravy, and a yellow pepper chopped if you wanted to add for some crunch. Delicious, dinner done, and now, all to chill.

AC has gone on again, so you know we will have a very warm night, as weather lady said we would.

Hope Real and Schumi have a restful night. Close to midnight for you ladies.

Ba ha ha, for MonyK:
View attachment 517943

Glad your weather got better Lynne.....although muggy is hard to deal with. It`s been strange for us this summer as it`s been....well......sunny a lot!!!!

I think we have more storms forecast to come here too......although we had a little of that mist earlier up North had last few days, but sun is shining now......

Have a good Thursday.........and enjoy that tea......I`m just about to have mine.....

Glad you got it to blink!!

When do you leave for your trip?

A morning of shopping.......few places to go and going to try fit in going for new bedding including a new duvet.......might leave that though for another day. Tom did ask why we needed new covers for the duvet as we can barely see it for all the decorative cushions on the bed.......he`s a man. I like em.......::yes::

No idea what`s for dinner tonight.....will have a think after breakfast.......bacon on the go again this morning.......🥓

Had a txt from friend that puppy Poppy had a good night and didn`t whimper all night long as she thought she might do......I think she`s settled in already.

cv2278-M.jpg

cv2256-M.jpg

Have a fabulous Thursday...................

Went to bed early but woke up at 3, feeling lousy
Can’t blame the cats this time for waking me, for once they are innocent.

just walked in the other room and cats are sleeping.

Now I can say I met the morning crew today.

believe it will be a very long dragged out day for me

going to read back and see what I missed in the sans

Where are my manners......Good morning to the early crew here!

Schumi
Tell Tom we took a vote and you do need new covers

Going to be hot and humid here.
Will be glad to send some to wherever you are.

that’s the type of nice homie I am.
Willing to share my weather with you all

Ah, our ground must be thirsty, either that, or that cold front wants to stay around for awhile, and beat up that very hot weather we have been having. Yep, stormy Thirsty Thursday is here.

Glad it is a Thursday. Means a longer weekend is here.

Real, nice to hear you had a good night’s sleep. Kids sound busy, and nice to enjoy a cup of coffee before all stir from hopefully, a good sleep to. Hope the weather is nice, and kids get some pool time this afternoon. Nice to donate the rest of the furniture not needed. And hope L. has fun with friend visiting.

Schumi, hope the shopping was successful. Sometimes I think it is good to refresh the linens. Part of our refresh of our closets, this Spring, I gave away all our towels and bought new. Yeah, DH was like, towels did not seem that bad, but we have newer towels now. No one is complaining, now, either.

Mac, hope you got back to sleep. And cats continued to sleep for a few more hours. Stay indoors, it will be hot today.

So good morning all. Yes, I tend to be one of the morning crew. Staring and typing for some time, work routine has me up early.

And tea in my cup, is always the perfect start to my day. And today, I am having a perfect start.

So drink up homies, Thursday is one day to drink, thirsty, yes? Tea, coffee, water, wine, beer, other alcohol. Choice or choices are yours.
A9DE61E4-5344-45D2-8E1F-BB8F164FA9E6.jpeg

And, a minion funny:
DF2A5578-6BAA-4ACF-904F-D75CE0EDA6F6.jpeg :rotfl:

@macraven do you manage to doze during the day? I never can unless unwell but Kev can (and probably will this afternoon) at the drop of a hat in “Kev’s cozy corner”.

@Lynne G it seems to have got to Thursday quickly. Lemon tea for me as I just have a catch up on emails before I do Nanny duties for the girls. J will likely disappear to his X-box though he is very good at showing them games he will not want 6 year olds taking over!

Have prepped and cooked some beef mince though not sure what I will turn it into later. Had thought chicken satay but nobody told me the peanut butter was empty. I’m slipping up on stick control!

Hope everyone has a good morning.

Schumi
Tell Tom we took a vote and you do need new covers

Going to be hot and humid here.
Will be glad to send some to wherever you are.

that’s the type of nice homie I am.
Willing to share my weather with you all

:thumbsup2

You have the type of weather we all want to share all year round.......yes, it can be a long day when you haven`t slept well.....I know you don`t snooze during the day...

Yep.....got some new duvet sets for the new duvet.....happy bunny!!!

Bought two from a store I like and ordered two online from a company I`ve used before and like the quality. Duvet is from the store I like too. So I can donate the other ones to charity store now....apart from one I love.

I have a lot of duvet covers as I do like to alternate and change them often.....but it`s been year or so since I refreshed them.......change duvets often too.....so, it`s time...I did think it funny Tom finally noticed how much Duvets cost.......lol.......he`s never asked and I never thought to mention it.......you know Tom mac.....but, even for a man who never questions the price of anything I buy from anywhere did look twice today.......:rotfl:

Don`t need new sheets as I have bought loads from America with the higher thread count, still have some unopened so won`t need them for a long time!!

Then took Tom to meet Poppy........that was fun......they became inseperable in minutes!!!! I didn`t get a look in today after an initial burst of affection from her.....

But, my friends sister who is known as "The Vegan" is visiting again.....I missed her last night as she was out, but although I love my friend dearly, her sister is the complete opposite of her....and friend thinks it`s funny we don`t get along......it`s an open dislike for each other.

She`s very competitive and likes to try and go one better on EVERY single thing ::yes::......but we make nice.....thats what my friend thinks is so funny......she hates she was spotted having a bacon sandwich in a cafe in town several years ago after being a preachy vegan for years......lol......she does have a good point though.....I`m sure.....

Almost lunchtime here......

Hey Lynne......just saw you pop in there.......:wave2:

Realfood, once I am up, I stay up into bed time
Never able to get back to sleep until bedtime tonight.
I’m not a nap person.

i move slowly on days I am tired and take it easy.

I do have somethings I can do in the house such as tidy it up and do a few loads of laundry.

I have a book I want to read so once I get the house tidy, will read later today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter