Something About Nothing............ #14

“The time has come” the walrus said “to talk of many things”

No joke, get out the vote

shocked when running g errands past various polling places to not see any lines. Could be so many of us taking advantage of being able to vote early by mail
I joked the other day that pain in your toe (from stubbed toes in the dark) will soon be added.
Well, those dark toes are a symptom too :duck:
also get the 15 minute rapid one - much prefer that one as it is much gentler!
I was relieved the quickie was nowhere as bad as people have reported do think the tester’s um diligence level might be a factor there tho
May get into a couple more of my nursing homes this week and next-can't wait!
I hear you. Had to be challenging to perform your job under different circumstances!

not my Intent to criticize you at all here!!! However, my perspective on nursing homes & covid may be different than yours; or the next person for that matter

I haven’t seen my mom since the middle of March :sad: Fortunately, she’s in a lovely community the size of a small town, located far out in the idyllic countryside. Combo retirement village, assisted, memory, skilled, short term rehab PT/OT Fact that it gets excellent ratings, helped me cope with her placement there

They have been observing very strict protocols. I get it. Especially, appreciate this after seeing what happened in another facility in the city. Brighton woods, where the governor called in the national guard due to inept management So many There died a sad, lonely death. Didn’t have to be that way. Investigation is still ongoing.

Moms facility had just opened up reserved, staff-monitored visiting hours, distanced 12 feet apart. I I was waiting to finish my 2 weeks to quarantine after FL trip That window has closed

Several large political rallies that didn’t Observe the basic recommended Covid precautions have been held in that county the last few months

Multiple staff at the facility, Working in different buildings (who don’t engage during the work day or socialize after work); have posted positive within a weeks time of attending the next to last rally.

Discovered Via the routine testing mandates. Contract tracing has it going back to rally...they all attended but not together, said they didn’t see each other there

Now, a handful of patients Under their direct care, located in different buildings, are infected. Numbers keep slowly jumping. None in my mom’s unit yet, thank God! she has a private room, at least, and they are doing their best to isolate them

Still, it’s difficult to not be concerned, especially as the flu took out 1/3rd of her unit’s residents two seasons ago

It not just restricted to the facility, that county’s rates are now skyrocketing too. Truly, a shame

Mr Mac and I are going early before the polls open so we can be in line before it grows.
Did you get a sticker?
Good Morning Julie. I did scouts until a teen.
Same, enjoyed it and my full sash of badges lol
Six minutes to vote for president. Twenty minutes to go through the Dunkin drive thru.
Lol says something about our country’s priorities

No one in line, how nice is that?

A what for dinner. Thinking meatballs and pasta. Poll taking to see what family’s dinner votes are, though mom the decision maker.👍

Hey Buckeev, hope all is well with you and family.

Ack, Snow, that is a long line. I think I just got lucky.

And so, a very dark start to my morning, but a routine one for me. But since I still do keep track of what day of the week it is,
60BF231D-4454-4387-A8B9-54B48F9C3629.jpeg

Yep. Yay, a Wednesday is here. A hump of a day, wherein, Friday becomes ever so closer. Woot!

Time for tea. While still an early morning for me, Good Morning to all the homies. :wave2:

Good afternoon all. Has anyone heard from Carole? Not like her to disappear. Hope all is well.

I was up and out early this morning. Lots of errands to run and some not completed but a few more ticked off my “to do” list before lockdown tomorrow. Everywhere busy. Bought a small Poinsettia to very slowly begin bringing Christmas into the house. I am not generally good at keeping them but it looks very pretty for now!

Kev is collecting leaves as it’s a bright day and I have the bolognese cooking ready for our meal later.

Should really be cleaning but Louie has slid on to my knee between paperwork and notebook so I will sit still (happily) for a while.

Happy Wednesday all x

Quick good morning. I'm actually up a little earlier than usual.

Yesterday just went rapidly downhill after I got my donuts. Another 2 hours on hold with an insurance company, new Medicaid problems, and lots of other irritating things at work. When I left work I stopped by my doctor's office to pay a bill. I pulled into the parking lot and there was no available parking spots. (The lot is very small and poorly designed.) As I was trying to back out of the lot I accidentally hit an Audi. Thankfully I was going extremely slow and there was no damage apart from what looked like a mild scuff mark. I found the owner and she was really cool about it.

Two bits of positive news today: 1. The medicaid company that I have been fighting with for the past year is finally going to pay the therapist for old claims. I just got notice that she is receiving a check for over $1700.
2. The Covid numbers at the university continue to go down. This morning they reported only 36 active cases.

Time to go to work.

Nothing like a dog lap heater, Julie. LoL Though mine was 85 pounds.

Oh my, another beautiful sunny day, just like the one I was viewing out of my hospital window 23 years ago. It’s a boy was said in the early afternoon. Today, while embarrassing him with my rendition of the birthday song, asked him what for birthday dinner, as I assume will make or do takeout. No response, but he did enjoy the gifts he got.

And so, more tea for me. :coffee:

Ack, for the long phone wait, eek for small accident, yay for money now coming, cool that B’s school has lower numbers, Charade. I doubt little one will stay on campus this Spring. The school has said nothing, but I can see the risk, as it’s a very open campus, and the City keeps showing increasing numbers.

Thanks for older one’s birthday wishes Mac and Charade.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

C8A48914-6446-4600-98CC-9A8EBD1ABD28.jpeg

Happy belated birthday Disxumi
B7C58C4A-3C59-4A4E-9F31-60760E0BFB8E.gif

Halloween things down, will have DH get the Christmas stuff out this week. Will start getting it up in next 2 weeks.

I put all Halloween things away yesterday. I have the Angel tree decorated in the formal living room. Hopefully will get everything done in next couple of days.

DEE59DCD-9BD3-4B6F-9572-EECDBBE1533E.jpeg

Halloween was a bit more subdued than years past, but we still had about 1/2 the usual treaters. Sat with neighbors around the fire pit as usual-it's 1/2 way up the hill so kids don't have to trek all the way down-All of us from those houses brought our candy bowls up and let the kids "trick or treat" along the table.

We had a few Trick or Treaters. Nothing like in years past.

Middle son aka “The Terminator” was notified of his management promotion at his job today..........

Congratulations to your son on his promotion.

Bought some new Christmas decor today, wife will be doing the most beautiful decorations soon enough!!!

Yeah....to Christmas decorating.

on journey home I said we should get our decs up early and make the most of the twinkling lights - Kev said can we wait till December 1st? We’ll see. If others start early like Halloween I’ll be joining in! Have so many new Disney ornaments I want to open and use.

Your right.....there is something about those twinkling lights that’s magical and cheerful.

DLP glad to hear your son is alright.

Happy Birthday to your son Lynne
03704D4D-B333-499F-BE26-C3EEB184B570.gif

We had a nice Halloween Party. I made a big pot of chili, pretzel mummy dogs, veggies and dip, fruit etc. I did a treat table. Just a few of us in the family. We had a few Trick or Treaters.
273D09AB-084F-4A07-A08D-5D32A2C52DEE.jpeg
Our Covid numbers are going up here a little. I think everyone is having a bit of a spike.

Sorry to hear they are getting ready to shut everything down in the UK again.

Keisha I read back a few pages and seen that you had been in the hospital. I hope you are doing better:hug:

Schumi your trip report and pictures on your Bourton-on-the-Water trip looked and sounded lovely. What a magical place.

It has been a bit stressful here for past couple of weeks. Our grandson suffered a concussion during a football practice. He has been seeing a doctor weekly and is doing better.

Then I had to take hubby to ER a week ago. He is doing better too.

I almost pulled the plug on our Halloween Party, but felt we just needed to get the family together and celebrate and laugh a little.

We had the cutest Addams Family Values members. My niece and her baby were dressed up as Morticia and Pubert Addams.
1CD18BAF-FF1E-4380-8F09-090F618719DD.jpeg

Hope everyone is doing good.

Put your Christmas decorations up and enjoy the twinkling lights.

Last edited:
Oh Robo, I am glad both are okay. Scary, not in a good way. Glad you could enjoy the party, as all needed some happy. Great list of food, yum. Thank you for older one’s birthday wishes. Yep, we get these lovely golden days Fall days here and there, and I enjoy them. I am so looking forward to the predicted 70 degree weekend.

@Robo56 oh my your decorations are so beautiful - I think you have so much more choice over there with decorations. I have been looking for a very long electric lit garland but no luck - all battery which drive me mad!
So glad your grandson is doing ok! I remember my nephew having a similar rugby injury - always wore a head guard after that.

:wave2: Just a quick stop in!!! I was hoping to stop in yesterday and say Happy Voting to all of you!!!! I hope you all got your chance to cast your ballot! I know we are all watching to see the outcome :-)

And this is for @schumigirl I keep seeing these on my FB feed and I think of you every time. These are so stinking hilarious. If you have already seen them, I apologize...but I could totally see my DH and DSs doing this!!!! There are so many on their channel. I am trying to find a way to link the one with a compilation of them for you. It is freeking hilarious!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys! @schumigirl I am sorry to disappoint, but we didn't go into the parks during the weekend due to the fact that they do not have passes (so no report on Beetlejuice) and the fact that we knew the crowds would be crazy this weekend. I got multiple emails regarding the weekend. And it was indeed packed when we made appearances at City Walk.

I was shocked to find out that the Beetlejuice house made a surprise appearance. It was only virtual line only. So, it was limited to who could make reservations anyway and I heard a lot of people couldn't go that wanted to. However, I felt a little better finding out apparently Beetlejuice would be making an appearance next year. According to what I read, Universal didn't want to show off the house at all, but due to their contract with Warner Bros they needed to at least two days of an appearance in order to be able to use next year. I watched it YouTube and it looks cool and I'm sure once certain things are removed in relation to covid, as well as other enhancements if they want, it'd be even better.

@Sue M I hope you enjoy your stay! If you enjoy the nostalgia of the 1950's you'll definitely enjoy it.

Also happy birthday to @Lynne G's son!

@Pumpkin1172 I love the video! I've seen the original one where it's him riding his bike with their baby with a skeleton face mask on and she yelled at him for that too. Hilarious!

I'll try to give a brief overview. Most of the excitement on Halloween happened at night, as we had our luggage with us so we couldn't go anywhere, got there morning, and waited hoping to get checked in early. It was a few minutes after 4pm where I finally asked about an estimation of when it's usually ready after 4pm and they upgraded us to a Pool view since what we had originally was still not ready. We got ready in our room and the Sanderson sisters finally made their appearance to City Walk that night. I wonder how many Facebooks we might be on. As we had probably 30+ people take our photo that we even know of (we caught a couple taking photos as we passed, or tried to do it "discreetly" while we stood at a couple of places). That's a rough estimation as at one point on our way to Margaritaville we got five requests back to back, because at one point when we were asked once, others started to queue up to ask too. Then we finally got back into our room to do drinks and eat our Auntie Anne's pretzels. 😆

Next day was mainly relaxation day. We woke up, had breakfast at The Kitchen, decided to do pool time before it was supposed to storm/rain. We got food and drinks (spilled my margarita and was too shy to ask for replacement). Went back to the room for us to relax and then get ready for dinner at The Palm (originally it was Cowfish, but didn't want to go out to City Walk if it did pour). Went back to our room to drink a little and then pass out. Only other activity I can think of that was done was a lot of me running out when friend's were asleep to take photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter