Something About Nothing............ #14

Combo of temps unexpectedly bumping up a bit & dry weather for a change, we were slammed with trick or treaters. Went thru 2 bins of 60 pretzel bags & then two 40 counts of Rice Krispie treat pkgs before I grabbed bag of candy to wind down the night. oh the horror on the mr’s face as ‘his’ stash

Interesting that many groups consisted of just a few kids with multiple adults, fully dressed in elaborate costumes. They didn’t take the goodies but believe they just wanted to break the monotony and get out of the house.

Set up several of the large animatronics & lights on the table near the curb, worked out well as the caution tape i set up kept them from entering main front yard

Today, get to tear it all down. Making beef veggie soup and plan on watching football till my eyeballs fall out.

Disxuni View attachment 535788

Tried a pair one once,, reminded me of the waders fishermen wear

It was akin to hitting the lottery last go round here. Large elderly population embraced it. More shoppers have been hired yet, even now, can take a solid week to find a time for even curbside pickup.

define soon lol. CDC lifted the ban, now has rules in place...

“cruise companies must demonstrate adherence to stringent health and safety protocols including extensive testing, quarantine measures and social distancing. If they meet these C.D.C. standards, first on a series of crew-only test sailings, they will eventually be allowed to resume passenger excursions.”

I had no overwhelming issues experiencing the amusement park protocols in place in FL. What I’m envisioning as to the initial product on cruise ships just isn’t my idea of a stellar experience. to table that until an effective vaccine is in place. bon voyage to the more adventurous cruisers first paving the way though:sail:

Never fancied a cruise, but doubt it would appeal anytime soon now anyway!

Halloween sounded a lot of fun at yours Janet.......hope you replaced the misters candybars.......lol.......

We`re so fortunate here with an abundance of farm shops for meat and fresh produce, and being next to the sea we get plenty of fresh fish too......but I never knock regular grocery stores.......can`t go wrong with them for the staples......we`re not at all concerned this lockdown.......but for others, yes, we have several older folks in our village who have no family, so we all make sure they are well taken care of and we don`t have a case of "I`m alright Jack"

Our main butcher is taking orders for Christmas week on friday onwards......will get our Turkey`s from him and all other meats too. We`ve been running our freezers down accordingly.......

Enjoy your sport!

Video was amazing by the way.....I could watch it and oh yes, certainly puts things in perspective.......very moving.

Good morning. Woke up to rain again today, A good day to stay inside all day, but I need to get out and get groceries.

[

Happy Birthday Disxuni!!!

Add B to the list of November birthdays. I can't believe she will be 20 in a couple of weeks.

I don't even know where to begin for Christmas. I have no idea what to get anyone. I don't even know what I want.

Just remind him that today is 50% off candy day.

It looks like the rain has almost stopped. I guess I should finish getting ready for church. Looks like today will be church, lunch, grocery shopping. I also need to do some laundry. I'm down to my last clean mask,.

I think once I thought about it and got started for Christmas, it got easier. Although some God children and nieces and nephews are all getting money this year.......that`s easy.

I have given Tom a couple of ideas, but he always manages to surprise me every year.

Hope you had a good Sunday........

Good evening all. Glad many enjoyed Halloween.
Well those trip days went very quickly but were much enjoyed and appreciated. Arrived home, unloaded and washer on. Christmas items all hidden away. Pleasant journey home - we listened to Kevin Whateley reading an Inspector Morse novel that was never made into a tv drama so that was good. Not sure if you guys enjoy that series.

We are tired now so quick quesadillas for supper and then catch up on some tv.

Lockdown looming for us all now from Thursday. Have a click and collect grocery tomorrow - no delivery available. Not worried about the shopping this time as so many good local places that we use and our little supermarket just within a short walk.

Expecting we will be early to bed (nothing like your own bed).

Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekends x

Glad you had a good trip realfood......a few days away does us the world of good, and it is beautiful down there. We do have a lovely country around us......

We just mentioned the same thing during the week......we are incredibly lucky with what fresh and available produce we have around us, or available to order from other areas of the UK........and we managed to book a grocery store delivery for next few Thursdays in a row.

Watched Marnie this afternoon.......Sean Connery is very good in that one too. One of my favourite Hitchcock movies......

Ham was delicious.......although no one was impressed by the ginger pineapple sauce I made just for me......no one else likes ginger and it was quite overpowering......I adore ginger!

TV night ahead.......it is chucking it down outisde and rain is bouncing down.......nice to be in and cosy.......

Good evening everyone. I ended up having a lazy afternoon. I had a headache after lunch, so I ended up taking a nap.

I am happy to report that we have plans for Thanksgiving. Our friends who usually host have invited us over again. This year we will have a much smaller group though. I volunteered to bring pies. I've already warned our friends that any leftovers will remain at their house. We are leaving town the day after Thanksgiving and will be gone for a week.

Need to think about dinner. We still haven't made it to the grocery store. I guess that will happen tomorrow after work.

Quick catchup again!
Halloween was a bit more subdued than years past, but we still had about 1/2 the usual treaters. Sat with neighbors around the fire pit as usual-it's 1/2 way up the hill so kids don't have to trek all the way down-All of us from those houses brought our candy bowls up and let the kids "trick or treat" along the table. New family moved in on the street with 2 adorable girls, and she's pregnant with the third. They came over for a bit while kids ran around. They said they were so happy to be in a neighborhood like ours where people actually talk and hang out with each other!

Need ideas of where to go for Thanksgiving Dinner in Orlando. Last time we had a couple extra days and we did the dinner a couple days early so leftovers weren't a problem (and the DCP kiddo took any leftovers). This time we check out on Friday so probably need to go out vs picking up from Publix.

RFF-sounds like a really lovely trip!! Nice pictures too!
Happy birthday (late) to Disxuni too!
Sounds like some November birthdays coming up!!

Halloween things down, will have DH get the Christmas stuff out this week. Will start getting it up in next 2 weeks.

Time for a hot beverage I think...

Tea, MonyK! LoL. Yeah, just think, 25 days and Happy Thanksgiving.

Nice to get the invite, Charade.

Well, after a what? How much? Kitchen cupboard more than full now. Made burgers and baked taters, with steamed mixed vegetables. Easy meal.

Now just chilling. Moderate, noisy downpour right after dinner. Hehe, little one said that you would think we lived in Seattle with all the rain we have had lately. Indeed, waterlogged feeling, and gray days. Windy, Pooh weather day tomorrow.

Well a bit more of a lazy evening. Had fun with Halloween, 2 youngest boys and buddies did go out for tricks and treats!

They made out like bandits!

We cleaned everything with Clorox wipes, most folks in our neighborhood had prepackaged individual treats to limit the amount of germs being spread.......

We still cleaned the wrappers....whatever............

Didn’t get a chance to lay around on the internet again today........oh well, it’s a shame having much better things to do.

It’s exciting to see the cruises are going to try to get going again!

I’m so sick of this crap Covid, youngest had a headache at school and got sent home because it’s a symptom of Covid, they said don’t come back for 10 days unless you get a test, so we went and got him tested at the doctor, I feel so bad for my little guy having to be drilled with that covid test thing, totally ridiculous and miserable, just to go back to school and be normal, glad the test was negative though, I’m pretty sure the Covid stuff may disappear suddenly though, possibly coming up this next week............

Steaks were magnificent like always, it’s wonderful having the best meat available to us right here at home.....

Middle son aka “The Terminator” was notified of his management promotion at his job today..........

He’s only 18......

We are so proud of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is our 2020 grad that held off on college for the meantime because of his promising career he has in front of him already.......

I almost wish he would stay at home with us but our boys are proud to accept responsibility and become independent!

Went looking for a new Turkey fryer pot with the drain attached today....no luck, I’ll order one online, I have time, we’ll have 1 fried turkey and a prime rib for Thanksgiving dinner, yes we still plan to have a gathering.

Bought some new Christmas decor today, wife will be doing the most beautiful decorations soon enough!!!

:wave2:

:teeth:

Halloween things down, will have DH get the Christmas stuff out this week. Will start getting it up in next 2 weeks.
I think our decorations will go up when we get back from Gatlinburg. We don't have a lot.Thankfully we won't be using the tacky projector this year.

I’m so sick of this crap Covid, youngest had a headache at school and got sent home because it’s a symptom of Covid, they said don’t come back for 10 days unless you get a test,
I know the schools are being cautious, but that's just crazy. A headache?

Middle son aka “The Terminator” was notified of his management promotion at his job today..........

He’s only 18......

We are so proud of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to him.

I realized tonight that I had no idea where I am supposed to vote on Tuesday. They've changed our polling place since I last voted, and I can't find my registration card. Thankfully I was able to look it up online.

Morning all. Halloween decs all down and will be up in the loft later. @Monykalyn on journey home I said we should get our decs up early and make the most of the twinkling lights - Kev said can we wait till December 1st? We’ll see. If others start early like Halloween I’ll be joining in! Have so many new Disney ornaments I want to open and use.

We are going over to collect our groceries this morning - I always opt for a slightly longer drive that is in a Tier 1 area - small store but best organised outdoor on the car park and nice wildlife lake walk off the car park.

Will be quick meal tonight as Lottie has Zoom Girl Guide Rainbows and computer is set up in the kitchen so I can’t be clanging about!

Bit grey this morning here but very mild temperatures.

Happy Monday everyone x

DB8DAB87-1E31-4529-AD5F-BC44CA35A6B7.jpeg

Ah, how fitting, MonyK’s day to share her chickens’ bounty. Goes well with tea. ::yes::

And the rain has left the area. Thank goodness. Mostly clear sky, with a cool wind. 37 out. A Westerly wind is blowing enough to be a bad hair day. Yeah,16 to 20 mph winds. Trash blowing, if not secure, kinda day too. But at least the week is predicted to end with a sunny 67 degree day. Maybe a Zoo weekend coming up then. But a jacket needed today. 51 the high, and that wind will make it feel a bit cooler.

And so,
8BD1CEDE-5246-40A4-9663-45B97EC5C557.jpeg

Alarm went off, up and screen watching once again.

Julie, hope you got your groceries. Sounds like a nice place, with the lake. And nope, my Christmas decor does not come out until much later in December. I used to decorate more, but lately, not wanting to get all out and put back. I do love seeing Christmas lights, though.

A hearty Good Morning to all the homies. A most marvelous Monday.

Refill time. :wave2:

Checking in late again....

Spent a few hours at a political rally yesterday. Cold and rainy, but enjoyed ourselves. Wore masks, stayed far from others and bundled up!

Happy Belated Birthday to Disxuni!

I’m so sick of this crap Covid, youngest had a headache at school and got sent home because it’s a symptom of Covid, they said don’t come back for 10 days unless you get a test, so we went and got him tested at the doctor
It's crazy. I'm glad he's negative, poor kid.
Our local schools are still going by two week increments. They let the kids back (limited number) and then moved everyone home again last week due to rising cases.
Good for him! Congrats!
I realized tonight that I had no idea where I am supposed to vote on Tuesday. They've changed our polling place since I last voted, and I can't find my registration card. Thankfully I was able to look it up online.
Yeah, that's happening here too. My polling place is the same, but my middle dd, who lives in another town has to check her's since they moved a lot in that area.

I read in today's paper that the entire voting process, down to the machines, are different this year. Oh boy! As if the lines aren't going to be long enough already! I'm sure it's going to cause confusion and add to the time. With social distancing, I'm expecting the line to go out the door. I bought some "hot hands" last night at Walmart to keep in our pockets in case we're outside for a while. I buy a large pack of them every Fall for the outdoor winter events we go to here.

Have so many new Disney ornaments I want to open and use.
Yay! I would love to see them.
One of my trees is a "Disney" tree with all Disney ornaments. My kids usually buy me some new ones each year. Currently they go on a small tree, but I think I'll have to get a bigger tree soon.
And the rain has left the area. Thank goodness. Mostly clear sky, with a cool wind. 37 out. A Westerly wind is blowing enough to be a bad hair day.
We had some flurries this morning! Just blowing around, not sticking. And it's supposed to be near 70 by the weekend. Go figure!

I’m so sick of this crap Covid, youngest had a headache at school and got sent home because it’s a symptom of Covid, they said don’t come back for 10 days unless you get a test, so we went and got him tested at the doctor, I feel so bad for my little guy having to be drilled with that covid test thing, totally ridiculous and miserable, just to go back to school and be normal, glad the test was negative though, I’m pretty sure the Covid stuff may disappear suddenly though, possibly coming up this next week............

Sending a kid home from school due to a headache and requiring a covid test is over kill.
Let your school board be aware of that was done.

What did they say to you when they contacted you?

Don’t kid yourself.
The virus is not going away suddenly and disappear next week.

State numbers are climbing in many areas.

Good to read your boy tested negative.
You were lucky you got the results quickly.
We had an a 4 day wait before our test results were issued.

For those of you in the north, today was that very special day for me...

The one where you stroll out to your car & find it covered in snow for the first time every year

This is me after snapping the wiper blades and being not forced to scrape the windows
7661E3B4-E349-437A-8E87-F2CCE59095F7.jpeg

We are leaving town the day after Thanksgiving and will be gone for a week.
Nice! Long as things don’t get too crazy will also be hightailing it out of dodge
I know the schools are being cautious, but that's just crazy. A headache?
Well, upon speaking to a few teachers in our area, they now have the job of being health monitors foisted into their laps. Sadly, many parents downright furious that their kids aren’t permitted into school when they show up at the doorstop with fevers. Thankfully, a fever is easily caught with the temp scanning.

DLPN good to hear your little guy isn’t infected, I’m sure you & the mrs are very thankful! Puzzled, as this is the 1st time i’ve heard of headache being a factor for a person being sent home from school or work. I can see it if there were other observable malaise involved but does seem like overkill.

unfortunately, with no uniform national protocols in place & state edicts without any sort of teeth, it’s difficult for our country to be on the same page to be able to stay the course until a vaccine is widely available.

I said we should get our decs up early and make the most of the twinkling lights - Kev said can we wait till December 1st? We’ll see. If others start early like Halloween I’ll be joining in! Have so many new Disney ornaments I want to open and use.
I have a small holiday tree up all year:)

Green light, go...

Last edited:
My area did not participate for Halloween events so we did not buy any candy in advance.

No one in our hoa had trick or treaters this year.
(Only time our doorbell rang was when the pizza delivery arrived.)

We did not miss not having Halloween
as were able to watch the game on tv without interruptions.

It’s cold in the south today!
Yikes ... not used to it this soon
Only will have a high in the 50’s later today and later in the week back to the 70’s

our forecast for evenings this week will be nippy

Some years it’s been a warm thanksgiving and other years far from it.

I really have no complaints as I could be back in Chicago with a real snowy freezing temps winter....

Keisha, sounds like a day to stay inside.
You are having an early taste of winter!

Hope all the homies are doing fine and staying warm!

Time to start concentrating for Turkey day!

Lynne, thanks for the heads up it is deviled egg day!

I do have eggs in the fridge and will get the water boiling today
It’s so unamerican not to celebrate this event of deviled egg day!

It will go fine with our left over pizza dinner tonight.
I’ll call it our apps before our entree dinner
Hahahaha

Lynne, thanks for the heads up it is deviled egg day!

I do have eggs in the fridge and will get the water boiling today
It’s so unamerican not to celebrate this event of deviled egg day!

It will go fine with our left over pizza dinner tonight.
I’ll call it out apps before our entree dinner
Hahahaha
Have a feeling you make a mean deviled egg:thumbsup2 rarely make them, only one who will eat them here. Do u put horseradish in yours? I cheat & use arby’s Horsey sauce packets

My experience when eating other people’s versions...they tend to either be very good or horrid. Fancy app version I once saw, had them topped with caviar. Now, i enjoy caviar (when I can rarely get my hands upon it) but why one would mix the two is beyond me.

I use mayo in my deviled eggs yoke with a squirt of mustard liquid and include one boiled egg white in that
Make them fluffy and yoke overspreading the cooked egg white half shell.

Come on over and I’ll make some for you!
Bring all the homies over and I’ll start booking the eggs now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter