Something About Nothing............ #14

Morning Sans family :wave2:

I have had lots of things going on since I returned home from vacation.

Halloween family party this evening. Just a few of us. Will leave light on for Trick or Treaters........there has been no directions by the town one way or the other.....so will see if we get a few.

It finally stopped raining yesterday. Sun is shinning this morning.

Happy Halloween Sans family.

2C8CDAF2-30E6-4F7D-9E85-3EDF62A0ADF2.gif

CC7AC40A-F91E-4998-9D9B-3E78546579CB.gif

219B95A1-DFB1-44DD-8397-8BEB76A7FDD1.gif

9B3DD3EE-B61C-4E7B-A236-24CED6DC4232.gif

4D025A58-CBEB-4D6A-A001-E74BAA50CB59.gif

B9B8C956-0366-4D21-9968-014F40F02E54.gif

1E995DFF-AFD9-4E1B-BD22-76E0DF6E0329.gif

70C914FA-1073-492D-9E4C-74974128E52D.gif

9A19C65D-6B44-444A-8265-AF893C6F696C.gif

3BDC7A9E-F4C2-4325-83C2-94DC23653BD0.gif

Lynne.....shame it`s been cancelled where you are. But sounds as if you`re in a quiet area for kids.......hope you bought some candy for the fam anyway!

Janet......I just realised full length boots might mean thigh high over with you.......no ma`am....just to the knee......never even thought full length might mean pretty woman style......lol......not the best image!

Haven`t been to many major stores yet, all Halloween stuff will come down tonight and Christmas stuff will be out then.....but we go back into Lockdown next week,s o who knows when I`ll get out to see all the stores lit up.

Yes, she was a lovely lady. She is going to be in her own home with her daughter on Wednesday night. Daughter asked if I`d visit once everyone had gone....said I would of course, but hoping it`s a closed coffin. Then we`ll go wave her off on Thursday morning.

All clear on the boiler....it`s only a couple of years old, we replaced the whole system then with all new radiators, so if there was a problem, we`d have been surprised, and annoyed!

Nice buy on the Christmas gift for DS!!!

Hope you have a brilliant day though.....enjoy those wings!!!

Sad news to read Sean Connery passed away. One of Scotland`s most famous exports.......started off as a trash man...or Bin Man was we would call them. Enjoyed him as Bond, and also in Hunt for the Red October.......quite a life he had. He was my favourite Bond, but strangely two of my favourite Bond films had Roger Moore as Bond.....think he played them more for humour. He was 90.

It is wild and woolly in the UK today.....my goodness, haven`t had high winds like this for a while.......and cold weather on the way just to really cheer us up!!

Rain has stopped right now, but I`m sure there`s more to come......nice day to spend inside with some old Black and White movies.......

Just returned for our afternoon tea. Stormy night turned into a beautiful day and it was lovely to have a couple of hours with my cousin this morning.

After that we enjoyed an hour on the beach with Louie then we did a short coastal walk before returning to town for a couple of items I’d seen.

FE9E7634-790B-4392-BCB9-A66F257CE45E.jpeg
Warm enough to sit on our balcony and watch the surfers while we have our tea so I will get that ordered before Kev nods off!

Happy Halloween. I have no idea if there will be trick or treating around here tonight. We stopped participating a couple of years ago. We only had 4 or 5 kids come to our house.

Had a nice time yesterday. One of the places I went was all outdoors. They usually have guided tours, but because of Covid everything is now self guided. I think I may have been the only one there. It was so peaceful.

New little Christmas shop has appeared since our last visit.
That's really cute. It looks like something our of a movie.

Light on, have a good night sleep.
Nice moon pic.

Did snag youngest DS his ‘big’ present yesterday, price mistake on a 4K smart tv He’s happy as a clam.:)
Awesome gift. I don;t even know what to get B this year.

Sad news to read Sean Connery passed away.
That was the first news I saw when I woke up today. So sad.

but strangely two of my favourite Bond films had Roger Moore as Bond.....think he played them more for humour.
Roger Moore was the first Bond I saw. He was always my favorite. I also used to watch him in old episodes of The Saint.

I have no idea what I am going to do today. Usually it is watching college football, but our team has the day off today.

Happy Halloween. I have no idea if there will be trick or treating around here tonight. We stopped participating a couple of years ago. We only had 4 or 5 kids come to our house.

Had a nice time yesterday. One of the places I went was all outdoors. They usually have guided tours, but because of Covid everything is now self guided. I think I may have been the only one there. It was so peaceful.

That's really cute. It looks like something our of a movie.

Nice moon pic.

Awesome gift. I don;t even know what to get B this year.

That was the first news I saw when I woke up today. So sad.

Roger Moore was the first Bond I saw. He was always my favorite. I also used to watch him in old episodes of The Saint.

I have no idea what I am going to do today. Usually it is watching college football, but our team has the day off today.

It`s nice to spend some time on your own in places at times.....especially now.

Funny I just caught the end of an early Saint episode a few days ago......I loved Goldfinger, my favourite Connery Bond movie, but Live and Let Die and The Spy who Loved me are my two favourite movies which were Roger Moore.....thought Octopussy was excellent too, but Connery was Bond to us. Even Roger Moore admitted Connery was the best Bond. He did live a good life.

Announcement from our Prime Minister in about an hour......predicted new lockdown statement expected. Not completely unexpected. Glad I got my hair done a couple of weeks ago.

Still blowing an absolute hoolie here......and not to get any better.......

Cosy inside though........

Stir fries all round tonight........and made a selection of Halloween goodies for us to nibble on later.......not many, just a few. Gotta love Halloween........

Janet......I just realised full length boots might mean thigh high over with you.......no ma`am....just to the knee......never even thought full length might mean pretty woman style......lol......not the best image!
Lol oh I know u meant knee high ones

they have ones that are stretchy material of some sort that I think are stylish with a long tunic & leggings

Sad news to read Sean Connery passed away. One of Scotland`s most famous exports.......started off as a trash man...or Bin Man was we would call them. Enjoyed him as Bond, and also in Hunt for the Red October.......quite a life he had. He was my favourite Bond, but strangely two of my favourite Bond films had Roger Moore as Bond.....think he played them more for humour. He was 90.
Pretty sure he was my first crush, before I even knew what a crush was RIP. Without apologies to any, he lived his life to the fullest
Announcement from our Prime Minister in about an hour......predicted new lockdown statement expected. Not completely unexpected. Glad I got my hair done a couple of weeks ago.
Heard rumblings of this yesterday & thot of you. Hang in there

Lol oh I know u meant knee high ones

they have ones that are stretchy material of some sort that I think are stylish with a long tunic & leggings

Pretty sure he was my first crush, before I even knew what a crush was RIP. Without apologies to any, he lived his life to the fullest

Heard rumblings of this yesterday & thot of you. Hang in there

lol.....as I said earlier, quite glad you didn`t think I`d bought the Pretty Woman specials :rotfl:....oh those boots do look good on some folks as you say......just not me!

He was a handsome man for sure....yes, he enjoyed a very full and varied life. Him and Roger Moore gone now.....

Yep, new lockdown restrictions announced from Thursday.....all non essential stores to close, grocery stores will remain open, but I have made up a grocery delivery for next week so if the stores are busy, we won`t need to go in them. All the local farmers stores and butchers all deliver too. Will make sure I have a delivery in place each week now.

Have added in lots of extra Christmas goodies and looking ahead, booked us a table in a steak restaurant for the week before Christmas as lockdown is supposed to end Dec 2nd at the moment.......who knows. But, thought it might be overflowing with folks after being closed a month, so it`ll be good to have a booking.....

No big surprises though with the new restrictions.

Time for snacks.....wine and spooky movie.

Yes, hope Disxuni has some nice tales to tell from her birthday weekend......seeing lots of this over the internet yesterday......I hope she managed to do it and can tell us about it......:thumbsup2

(Picture courtesy of Ashely Carter/Spectrum News)

Sunday again.......last night the wind was wilder than ever....think the UK is getting the end of a Hurricane.......still wild and woolly today........rain will appear again at some point today.

No plans to go out at all, far too wild.......will catch up on some housework, watch some tv, do some internet shopping and generally take it easy. Cooking a ham on the bone for dinner and will have some left for lunch tomorrow. Doing a ginger and pineapple glaze on top, it`ll be delicious.

Enjoyed bacon for breakfast.......plenty left......::yes::

christmas2-M.jpg

Happy Sunday..........

Ah, still can say Good Morning to Schumi, as now on standard time too.

A very happy birthday to Dix. Enjoy your birthday time at the HR. Pictures?

Yeah, the opening of that HHN house, was just a matter of time. Glad some got the chance to go through it, including Agavegirl. I was glad to see 2 were available when I was there. I am also glad to see people returning to the parks.

I read the cruising is also going to start up soon, and while I am sad our planned one is no more, based on what I read, it was the right call. The lesser offerings of the parks was one thing I felt was worth the chance. Cruising at the start of January, with the lesser offerings, definitely not worth the chance. And sadly, we don’t see returning to cruising for at least another year. The need to be careful will be around for some time. Heck, risk choices remain, all is still not open, and new restrictions now in places. I hope all are safe and healthy.

Another quiet house, routine tea and remote. Will see with the time change, if either kid will be up earlier. Based on the fact I said goodnight at around 12:30 last night, and both kids were still noisy. I have no idea when lights were out, though I did hear older one say good night as I was drifting into sleep. Yesterday, little one only got moving around eleven, as I said we need to get things done before the kids will arrive for candy, and pumpkins so need to be carved.

Well, it was a nice Halloween for our local kids. About 14 was my count. We put tables at the end of our driveways for the candy, then said Happy Halloween from our doorways or lawn. Was cute to see the costumes, and the newest little one of one of our neighbors.

But now we are in the Birthday month of not only Dix, but my older one has his birthday this week too. An election baby, that through the years, happily had a day off from school on his birthday, as many of our local schools are polling places.

And welcome to a new week, and new month. Yep, time is flying.

Ah, a typical Sunday, as finishing up the rest of the wash. Yay for a fluffy, just washed towel for my shower. And trash goes out. Then an earlier bedtime, as the week day routine starts again as well. No commuting yet, and it is hard to believe we have been teleworking for almost half the year now. A week from now, all was shut down 6 months ago. And while telework has been the norm for many, I am starting to hope it becomes more of a part of my office routine as we return to commuting.

Ah yes, also the time of day I get to snack before making brunch. Neither kid tends to be awake during what I call breakfast time, hence brunch is our first meal of the day, most weekends. And so, no dummy here. A 30 pack of candy bars was bought, as well as a bag of lollipops. Leftovers. Perfectly fine to eat a candy bar with my waffle. :-)

Super Sized Splendid Sunday to you all.

:wave2: Good Morning.

Yeah, the opening of that HHN house, was just a matter of time. Glad some got the chance to go through it, including Agavegirl. I was glad to see 2 were available when I was there. I am also glad to see people returning to the parks.

I read the cruising is also going to start up soon, and while I am sad our planned one is no more, based on what I read, it was the right call. The lesser offerings of the parks was one thing I felt was worth the chance. Cruising at the start of January, with the lesser offerings, definitely not worth the chance. And sadly, we don’t see returning to cruising for at least another year. The need to be careful will be around for some time. Heck, risk choices remain, all is still not open, and new restrictions now in places. I hope all are safe and healthy.

Another quiet house, routine tea and remote. Will see with the time change, if either kid will be up earlier. Based on the fact I said goodnight at around 12:30 last night, and both kids were still noisy. I have no idea when lights were out, though I did hear older one say good night as I was drifting into sleep. Yesterday, little one only got moving around eleven, as I said we need to get things done before the kids will arrive for candy, and pumpkins so need to be carved.

Well, it was a nice Halloween for our local kids. About 14 was my count. We put tables at the end of our driveways for the candy, then said Happy Halloween from our doorways or lawn. Was cute to see the costumes, and the newest little one of one of our neighbors.

But now we are in the Birthday month of not only Dix, but my older one has his birthday this week too. An election baby, that through the years, happily had a day off from school on his birthday, as many of our local schools are polling places.

Ah, a typical Sunday, as finishing up the rest of the wash. Yay for a fluffy, just washed towel for my shower. And trash goes out. Then an earlier bedtime, as the week day routine starts again as well. No commuting yet, and it is hard to believe we have been teleworking for almost half the year now. A week from now, all was shut down 6 months ago. And while telework has been the norm for many, I am starting to hope it becomes more of a part of my office routine as we return to commuting.

Ah yes, also the time of day I get to snack before making brunch. Neither kid tends to be awake during what I call breakfast time, hence brunch is our first meal of the day, most weekends. And so, no dummy here. A 30 pack of candy bars was bought, as well as a bag of lollipops. Leftovers. Perfectly fine to eat a candy bar with my waffle. :-)

Hi Lynne!!!

It was awesome to be able to attend HHN 30 this year!

Although the Tribute shop was cooler than the 2 houses IMO they were still fun to go through.

To bad I was so busy yesterday and not sitting around on the internet all day, I could have booked a flight to come down for the weekend!!!!!

Happy Birthday @Disxuni

Hope you have a great day!!

Sounds like a fun Halloween for you Lynne......and yes a candy bar for breakfast is just fine!!

Yes, Kyle started working from home in April, would have been March but he was shielding as I had a cough and lost taste/smell......he won`t be back in the office till at least March we think.......it`s been a weird year for sure......

Have a great Sunday.........

Happy birthday to Dixsuni
I know you are celebrating it in style today

:cheer2:

:cake:

:bday:

Yes, hope she`s having a wonderful trip! Looks to be a good weekend to visit with the house open......who doesn`t love Bettlejuice........

I do miss his show at Universal........did we go watch it together once? Or had it gone after we met up? I`m forgetting time frame now......

Managed to get a few other things ordered this morning for Christmas......gotta love chilling on the internet :surfweb: Getting there.........::yes::

No lunch for us today as breakfast was a kind of brunch......and so nice.......so all the bathrooms cleaned, floors all washed and even the inside of the downstairs back windows done......there`s a lot of glass at the back.

Will be calling my aunt in LI this afternoon.....always good to catch up with her.....

And the sun is shining.......time for a pot of tea I think........

Tea? Yay love tea. Not only bacon gets me Schumi, mention of tea too. LoL Glad the weather got nice for going out.

Hey DisneyLife, was thinking if a quick we trip too, but thought nah. You are up early. Hope the kids shared their candy. LoL. Yeah, next September, hoping to enjoy all the houses. Enjoy your Sunday.

Combo of temps unexpectedly bumping up a bit & dry weather for a change, we were slammed with trick or treaters. Went thru 2 bins of 60 pretzel bags & then two 40 counts of Rice Krispie treat pkgs before I grabbed bag of candy to wind down the night. oh the horror on the mr’s face as ‘his’ stash

Interesting that many groups consisted of just a few kids with multiple adults, fully dressed in elaborate costumes. They didn’t take the goodies but believe they just wanted to break the monotony and get out of the house.

Set up several of the large animatronics & lights on the table near the curb, worked out well as the caution tape i set up kept them from entering main front yard

Today, get to tear it all down. Making beef veggie soup and plan on watching football till my eyeballs fall out.

Disxuni 6EC464F2-25AA-4E4F-9BC0-A72667E11B41.jpeg
e boots do look good on some folks as you say......just not me!
Tried a pair one once,, reminded me of the waders fishermen wear
All the local farmers stores and butchers all deliver too. Will make sure I have a delivery in place each week now.
It was akin to hitting the lottery last go round here. Large elderly population embraced it. More shoppers have been hired yet, even now, can take a solid week to find a time for even curbside pickup.
I read the cruising is also going to start up soon,
define soon lol. CDC lifted the ban, now has rules in place...

“cruise companies must demonstrate adherence to stringent health and safety protocols including extensive testing, quarantine measures and social distancing. If they meet these C.D.C. standards, first on a series of crew-only test sailings, they will eventually be allowed to resume passenger excursions.”

I had no overwhelming issues experiencing the amusement park protocols in place in FL. What I’m envisioning as to the initial product on cruise ships just isn’t my idea of a stellar experience. to table that until an effective vaccine is in place. bon voyage to the more adventurous cruisers first paving the way though:sail:

Yeah, soon as in maybe Spring next year, Keisha. Yeah, with a floating hotel of many a people sharing is not my idea of a vacation any time soon. Parks, obviously thought safe measures were okay for me too. And wow, the number of trick or treaters.

Thought I heard older one. Food to be made!

Good morning. Woke up to rain again today, A good day to stay inside all day, but I need to get out and get groceries.

[
We have a birthday girl today............

@Disxuni :bday:

Happy Birthday Disxuni!!!

Add B to the list of November birthdays. I can't believe she will be 20 in a couple of weeks.

Managed to get a few other things ordered this morning for Christmas...
I don't even know where to begin for Christmas. I have no idea what to get anyone. I don't even know what I want.

Combo of temps unexpectedly bumping up a bit & dry weather for a change, we were slammed with trick or treaters. Went thru 2 bins of 60 pretzel bags & then two 40 counts of Rice Krispie treat pkgs before I grabbed bag of candy to wind down the night. oh the horror on the mr’s face as ‘his’ stash
Just remind him that today is 50% off candy day.

It looks like the rain has almost stopped. I guess I should finish getting ready for church. Looks like today will be church, lunch, grocery shopping. I also need to do some laundry. I'm down to my last clean mask,.

Good evening all. Glad many enjoyed Halloween.
Well those trip days went very quickly but were much enjoyed and appreciated. Arrived home, unloaded and washer on. Christmas items all hidden away. Pleasant journey home - we listened to Kevin Whateley reading an Inspector Morse novel that was never made into a tv drama so that was good. Not sure if you guys enjoy that series.

We are tired now so quick quesadillas for supper and then catch up on some tv.

Lockdown looming for us all now from Thursday. Have a click and collect grocery tomorrow - no delivery available. Not worried about the shopping this time as so many good local places that we use and our little supermarket just within a short walk.

Expecting we will be early to bed (nothing like your own bed).

Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekends x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter