Something About Nothing............ #14

Dear Disney, Please get your....ummm...act together.
Signed,
Everyone

3 hours, 56 minutes
And, like Keisha noted, only partial results.
And now...DVC keeps saying I don’t have a valid reservation. (I do....at least I did....) This is gonna drive me to drink. Where is my Diet DP? :furious:

Hehe, many that don’t read my name well emailing me at work, address the email to me as hello to my last name being my first name. Hope all got straightened out with B, Charade. Was a fun puzzle. I do have a picture of the villains one. I will try to remember to post it. It was huge. Now working on a cats in a fun candy store.

Requested brown butter chicken, with my version of dirty rice, green peppers and tomatoes, and eggs, with some Hawaiian bbq sauce instead of soy sauce. Dinner was served. Now full. Tasty. And you can guess, the sauce was not added until little one had her serving of rice, and she picked out the eggs. No matter, DH ate her left over pickings. Only about a half cup of rice left over.

AC still being heard. Still oh so humid out, and low tonight is 70F. Ah, the days of Summer, indeed.

Have that marvelous Monday, homies. Ah yes, and I am with Schumi. Not much on the tube, but a pot of tea is on.

You had me at Hawaiian bbq sauce!!!! I`m not fond of soy sauce, so I use it very sparingly if the recipe calls for it, I know it`s essential in some dishes, but usually you can get away with a lot less than described.

Nothing beats a pot of tea.

Just why! Why as a mother would you do that? Do other parks have age limits?

Oh I hope its soon for you. The first time mom and I will be in the same room will next Tuesday at her retirement party.

Horrible day at work today. I turned down a job offer a few months back that I probably should have jumped on. I play it safe way too often. Just keep reminding myself that I work to be able to go on trips and oh yeah and health insurance.

Here's to Tuesday and 4 days left to the weekend. My treadmill calls.

It`s horrible to watch when kids are upset through no fault of their own, and if a ride seems scary, there`s a huge difference between encouraging a child to be a little brave and being downright bullish towards their child.

Howl O Scream has an advisory saying the event is designed for adults only, they will allow under 18`s, but it is not intended for children under the age of 13. But, again you`ll get the ones that completely disregard this as not applying to them.

Oh I hope Tuesday is a lot of fun for you and seeing your mum will be lovely I`m sure.

Sorry you had such a bad day at work......:flower3: Hope today is much better for you and the rest of the week passes quickly. I think we can all be too safe at times....something better will be around the corner for you.....enjoy that treadmill.....I`ve heard it can be fun.....lol......

Signed,
Everyone

3 hours, 56 minutes
And now...DVC keeps saying I don’t have a valid reservation. (I do....at least I did....) This is gonna drive me to drink. Where is my Diet DP? :furious:

That is ridiculous!!! Oh stick to DP......you need a clear head to deal with all of this......

Sending you best wishes buckeev.........

And we have some sunshine and some heat again today........put out the bedding from the spare rooms, just because......we`ve had no guests for a while, but I do like to keep them all fresh. I`m sure they would have been fine......but, not doing much else.

Already been out a walk. Friend asked us to go walk her dog. She was called out this morning early for her job and we have keys, glad to help where we can. Dog is beautiful......and so loving.

So, we`re done for the day!!!

We are in a complete quandry about whether to cancel September or wait and see if the flight ban is lifted........oooh....decisions!!!! Our flight is still showing and hasn`t been cancelled as so many have.......but.....speaking to folks over there and reading about the amount of cases, thought of a 9 hour flight, not sure it would be the best place to go. But, I think I`d honestly prefer them to make the decisions for us......lol......

I was reminded last night that we are luckier than most having been lucky enough to visit so often from the UK and have several more trips planned.......he was right and certainly helped our thoughts speaking to him as he is there in the eye of the storm so to speak.

But, for today.......we have no idea.......:rotfl: We are lucky enough we can defer our flights till next September, and for those that need it, they are allowing them to be deferred till 2022. We already have December and May flights booked for next year, so they would go nicely for next September......

Not letting it get us down though......I`ll move on and decide how to spend all the money we would have spent on that trip......lol......

A little too early for a mid morning pot of tea.......so may go do something houseworky.......😁

cv2002-M.jpg

cv2012-S.jpg

cv2031-M.jpg

Have a fabulous Tuesday..........😀

8B032928-4240-4BC8-91D3-6D922170974D.jpeg

Yay! it’s a Tuesday, so have some tacos, and do a Taco Bell run for dinner, like Mac does.

I hope Buckeev is still not on hold. Sending mummy dust that all works out for your mouse trip. And yes, keep that DP flowing.

Aww, Schumi providing dog walking service. I think you posted a picture of it, and is a beautiful dog. That breed tends to be very friendly. Was probably nice to get out and walk for you and the dog. Sad that you are in limbo with your September flights. I do hope you get to go, as it would be nice to get away, even though not the most optimal of times. For what it’s worth, we go to green, the least restrictive closings, next week. And I have to say, it will be some time before I spend more than an hour or less inside. I will eat inside some of the restaurants if I go in September. So far, all is good for my trip, well, other than the rental car could be a much lower price.

So, tea for me, and darn, seems older one and DH like cinnamon buns too. None for my breakfast this morning. Ah, but did pick up Tastykakes, so a two pack of butterscotch crumpets are calling my name, that and a toasted bagel with cream cheese, as the kids bought bagels yesterday, as per my grocery shopping did not get all that was wanted, so kids did a short list grocery run, and yes, all foods little one will eat.

Happily spend this Tuesday safely and with a smile, Oh, and find a taco or two to eat today.

91 the high, with close to that humidity. It’s going to be hot. Well, not the sunniest start, as cloudy out, but as with every every stinking day in the 7 day forecast, there’s that you loose, rain for you chances, today. I was not a winner yesterday, but think my chances are higher today, particularly as the temp is in the 90’s now. Ah those sweating, sweltering felling days of Summer. And yep, just right inside, with the AC, so hot tea for me. :)

Off to take GD to regular pediatric dentist today. Makes me smile, same one I took my boys.

19B4B6A9-3912-441B-8925-DE67CD33580F.jpeg

Signed,
Everyone

3 hours, 56 minutes
checked one more time last night around 9:30 pm, got all i needed after tinkering hehe with it

Good Tuesday morning Sans family :wave:

BB53AFCC-B60E-433A-91ED-811238AC0C9C.jpeg

3BBC00F2-9B3B-46B1-B197-C88D751F6872.jpeg

t’s never fun canceling a vacation. It’s the first time I’ve ever had to. I’m telling myself it’s not canceled just postponed. Sounds better.

So sorry about the trip cancellation. This has been a hard time for a lot of folks. I hope your new trip arrangements can be sorted out.

Just stopping in to wish everyone a Happy Summer Soltice!!! It

Hi Pumpkin :wave2:

Hope you have a lovely Sunday and enjoy chatting to your dad today Robo......:wave2:

I did have a nice chat with him thank you.

We loved Barney in this house!!!!!

One of our granddaughters loved Barney. I have kept her favorite Barney stuffed toy that talks to give her.

StrongWater do the freshly made ginger beer with no fizz.....Lenny gave me his recipe as they do make it all fresh in house....

I had a cocktail at Toothesome Chocolate Emporium called a
“ Chocolate Cherry Mule” . I had to look at the menu again. I remember it had ginger beer in it. The recipe had double chocolate vodka, brandied cherry, ginger beer and chocolate bitters. It was good, but I bet it would be better with the rum.

I have no words! I didn't know children could attend and I'm genuinely shocked. Do they have warnings? Kids can't get into a PG 13 or R movie, yet they can go to HHN?

Like Schumi and Keisha said, there is a information clearly stating the event is not for young children under age 13 if I remember correctly.

I know some parents just want to go and have fun and they are probably horror fans, but babies, toddlers and children in general should not be exposed to that until they are old enough to realize it’s not real.

I love that picture Robo!!!!! Barney is very poular in this house.......

We can all be big kids anytime.....now I have the Barney songs in my head......lol......

I’am so glad we took that picture. We had a wonderful time. The TM’s were so sweet. They asked for my phone to take the pic. We have a number of other pics from that trip. I have to say the TM’s at Universal are very special.

They seemed to be invested in making sure everyone has a wonderful time at the parks.

You`d like the champagne and rum cocktail......it works fine with prosecco too.......we have tested with both extensively....lol.......

I will for sure give it a try.

Want to share a pic of my dear old Dad :), won’t mention it was from the starter marriage lol. Was funny as I was such a tomboy. When it came time to pick out a wedding dress, he made a rare request...look like something out of Gone with the Wind. I did nail the hoop skirt and chantilly lace lol
DA0F26E9-E03B-428C-B49C-D21E05951BEB.jpeg

What a lovely pic of your wedding day. Beautiful bride, beautiful dress, smiling dad. I second The thought......you do look like your dad.
Makes me want to get out the photo album.

Today’s menu: the steaks, corn on cob, green beans, roasted taters, salad, watermelon & need to make one of those giant choc chip cookies in cast iron skillet. Already made regular ones for the mr, who isn’t a fan of the big cookie, warm with ice cream on top. I’ll keep him anyway :)

Sounds like a delicious meal.

Finally convinced the Mr to do it last year after years of reluctance. I created a monster

LOL....it’s kind of addictive.......all in kidding of course “BLAME MAC”.....LOL.....she is the “TRUE HHN FAN” she taught me well in the art off enjoying HHN to its fullest. RIP public and private tours, Unmasking Horror Tour etc....She is responsible for helping many folks navigate setting up their HHN visit to make sure they have the best experience posssible.

Mr Depp is hard to watch at times for sure...Wonka I couldn`t deal with, but loved him as the famous Capt Jack of course.....he was in a weird one called secret window or something like that....I enjoyed that.

I remember Depp in that movie the “Secret Window”. It was a good movie. Usually I can figure out the plot in those shows pretty easily
This one was kicker till the end.

We had a nice Father's Day lunch at one of our more upscale restaurants. I ate way too much. Later dh and I had an exciting trip to Walmart. We wanted to get a couple of extra phone chargers to take on our trip. I love my iPhone, but don;t understand why Apple doesn't do something about theIr terrible chargers.

Charade sending lots of good wishes that your mom is continuing to improve. So nice to hear you enjoyed a nice Father Day meal out. Have a wonderful time on your upcomimg trip.

Hello everyone...I hope everyone had a nice Father's Day with all the special people in your life

Bobbie68.....good to see you post. Sounds like the house is coming along nicely.....sending lots of mummy dust that your hubby finds a job in Florida your hoped for destination to live.

Now if they`ll start to let us travel beyond our borders and we can go visit my mum and rest of the family. I`m sure the hotels will be opening soon too if everything else i

I hope they open up soon for you. I know you have been looking forward to a visit with your mum.

The huge problem I have been working on for over a year is finally resolved!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Time for more tea.

Lynne hope you are enjoying a big mug of tea this morning.

I just hope we can get our Lightsaber build reservations back at Savi’s, we skipped it last time and the boys really hoped to get them built on a trip later this year, we also had a Brown Derby res.

When I was at Batuu last September I had a reservation to build a droid and I canceled it. Just did not know what time I would get there. Then when I arrived I didn’t need it as there was hardly anyone there. I built a droid for my son for Christmas and really enjoyed the experience. Well worth the money.

I looked over at the area were they get in line to build lightsabers and it was not busy at all. I have watched the video on building the lightsabers It looks awesome. Looks well worth the $200.00 plus to have such a nice quality saber for the Star Wars fan.

I also bought him the Resistance and Sith Holocron and some kyber crystals to go with them. I may or may not have played with those a
bit......:poop:

Make sure if you planned to ship any of those items home that Disney has started shipping from the parks again. According to what I have read they are not shipping anything from Parks now.

Oh I hope its soon for you. The first time mom and I will be in the same room will next Tuesday at her retirement party.

Congratulations to your mom on her retirement. Enjoy your visit to help her celebrate.

3 hours, 56 minutes

Wow......hope you are able to salvage trip plans.

Not letting it get us down though......I`ll move on and decide how to spend all the money we would have spent on that trip......lol......

I hope things are more settled so you can make your trip. Hang on until you know it’s just not going to work. They’re for sure testing a lot more folks in Florida, but from what I can see they are not delineating, those that are positive and not sick, those that are positive and have mild symptoms and those that are very ill in the hospital. So it is skewing the curve.

91 the high, with close to that humidity.

Sounds like a hot one.

checked one more time last night around 9:30 pm, got all i needed after tinkering hehe with it

I was thinking if you the WDW queen of knowing how to work through the system of tickets, ADR’s, DVC’s etc.....is having trouble there would be no hope for us mere mortals of WDW. Glad to hear with much perseverance you have settled everything.

Mac enjoy your Taco Tuesday.

Tink sending good thoughts and wishes your way.

Sun has finally started coming up this morning supposed to be 82 here. I will take that.

I received the results of MRI.....good news and not so bad news...the MRI did not show the fractures that X-ray showed.......great news, but it showed I have bulging disc on multiple levels......
steroids and other meds are doing the job. I have felt better every day. Walking better, sitting longer.

I feel much better knowing what I’am dealing with and how far to push things in next few weeks.

Trip for July was canceled and did some changing around a little for September. There is always hope. Universal phone folks are so easy and nice to deal with.

I remember my husband telling me that one of his professors in college told the class that Hope was nothing more then despair and desperation. I asked him if anyone stood up and countered him. He said no. As he said this professor was known to give bad grades to those in his class that countered his opinions even though they were straight A students.

So sad that professor did not know that hope is an important component of what dreams are made of.

Scattering lots of mummy dust in the air that HHN 30 happens, as I know everyone here and myself needs that vacation. We will have to see how things go.

There is always hope
BFA0DD97-45F2-4310-BC4F-E4458767DFA4.gif

To all the Sans family have a wonderful Tuesday.

Last edited:
Oh Robo, hope you do feel better every day, and heal nicely. At least the MRI gave you a better view of what to do going forward with medications and care. Mummy healing dust sent. Sorry to hear of no July trip, but hoping both of us get to enjoy HHN this September, along with Schumi and Mac, and all the other homies too. And yes, I am enjoying my tea, and hope your HHN mug is full of delicious coffee.

Makes me want to get out the photo album.
Go ahead! Feel free to share
Sounds like a delicious meal.
Not to toot my horn, but it was have some leftover steak I’m going to slice thin & toss upon salad for dinner
remember Depp in that movie the “Secret Window”. It was a good movie. Usually I can figure out the plot in those shows pretty easily
Don’t think I’ve ever heard of that one

not a big Leonardo fan but every so often I will watch shutter island again & still shudder, even knowing the plot

received the results of MRI.....good news and not so bad news...the MRI did not show the fractures that X-ray showed.......great news, but it showed I have bulging disc on multiple levels......
steroids and other meds are doing the job. I have felt better every day. Walking better, sitting longer.

I feel much better knowing what I’am dealing with and how far to push things in next few weeks.

Trip for July was canceled and did some changing around a little for September. There is always hope. Universal phone folks are so easy and nice to deal with
Aw, sorry on both counts. Quick results on the MRI! Hope ur back feels better soon
Scattering lots of mummy dust in the air that HHN 30 happens, as I know everyone here and myself needs that vacation. We will have to see how things go.
Who wants to chip in for a dump truck of mummy dust?

Thanks for the Disneyfied vote of confidence. I rarely find myself so thrown for a loop over travel of all things. So silly, but admit I was ready to toss in the towel They aren’t doing themselves any favors alienating their core base(s), those who would gladly visit even with the cloud of corona hanging over their heads.

View attachment 503401

Yay! it’s a Tuesday, so have some tacos, and do a Taco Bell run for dinner, like Mac does.

I hope Buckeev is still not on hold. Sending mummy dust that all works out for your mouse trip. And yes, keep that DP flowing.

Aww, Schumi providing dog walking service. I think you posted a picture of it, and is a beautiful dog. That breed tends to be very friendly. Was probably nice to get out and walk for you and the dog. Sad that you are in limbo with your September flights. I do hope you get to go, as it would be nice to get away, even though not the most optimal of times. For what it’s worth, we go to green, the least restrictive closings, next week. And I have to say, it will be some time before I spend more than an hour or less inside. I will eat inside some of the restaurants if I go in September. So far, all is good for my trip, well, other than the rental car could be a much lower price.

So, tea for me, and darn, seems older one and DH like cinnamon buns too. None for my breakfast this morning. Ah, but did pick up Tastykakes, so a two pack of butterscotch crumpets are calling my name, that and a toasted bagel with cream cheese, as the kids bought bagels yesterday, as per my grocery shopping did not get all that was wanted, so kids did a short list grocery run, and yes, all foods little one will eat.

Happily spend this Tuesday safely and with a smile, Oh, and find a taco or two to eat today.

91 the high, with close to that humidity. It’s going to be hot. Well, not the sunniest start, as cloudy out, but as with every every stinking day in the 7 day forecast, there’s that you loose, rain for you chances, today. I was not a winner yesterday, but think my chances are higher today, particularly as the temp is in the 90’s now. Ah those sweating, sweltering felling days of Summer. And yep, just right inside, with the AC, so hot tea for me. :)

If ever we were to get a dog it would be a white lab/retriever style.....love them, but we aren`t really animal people at all. I do however, like dogs and would pet them for hours given the chance.

Oh rental cars shocked even us this year.....when we looked in May for September, it was around $3,000 for our 26 nights.....SUV, so nothing exceptional.....I`d expect a Bugatti Veyron for that!!! That`s almost the cost of two flights, not quite, but getting there. Haven`t looked recently, but I`m sure it`ll come down. Thing is, in all our trips we always have a car, wouldn`t be without one as we like to get around, so it`s always worth it for us.

Enjoy that tea..........warm here too and very humid!!

Off to take GD to regular pediatric dentist today. Makes me smile, same one I took my boys.

View attachment 503418

Excellent news!!!! You certainly deserve it after the day you had.......

Nice pic!!!!

I did have a nice chat with him thank you.

One of our granddaughters loved Barney. I have kept her favorite Barney stuffed toy that talks to give her.

I had a cocktail at Toothesome Chocolate Emporium called a
“ Chocolate Cherry Mule” . I had to look at the menu again. I remember it had ginger beer in it. The recipe had double chocolate vodka, brandied cherry, ginger beer and chocolate bitters. It was good, but I bet it would be better with the rum.

Like Schumi and Keisha said, there is a information clearly stating the event is not for young children under age 13 if I remember correctly.

I know some parents just want to go and have fun and they are probably horror fans, but babies, toddlers and children in general should not be exposed to that until they are old enough to realize it’s not real.

I will for sure give it a try.

I remember Depp in that movie the “Secret Window”. It was a good movie. Usually I can figure out the plot in those shows pretty easily

I hope they open up soon for you. I know you have been looking forward to a visit with your mum.

I hope things are more settled so you can make your trip. Hang on until you know it’s just not going to work. They’re for sure testing a lot more folks in Florida, but from what I can see they are not delineating, those that are positive and not sick, those that are positive and have mild symptoms and those that are very ill in the hospital. So it is skewing the curve.

I received the results of MRI.....good news and not so bad news...the MRI did not show the fractures that X-ray showed.......great news, but it showed I have bulging disc on multiple levels......

Trip for July was canceled and did some changing around a little for September. There is always hope. Universal phone folks are so easy and nice to deal with.

I remember my husband telling me that one of his professors in college told the class that Hope was nothing more then despair and desperation. I asked him if anyone stood up and countered him. He said no. As he said this professor was known to give bad grades to those in his class that countered his opinions even though they were straight A students.

So sad that professor did not know that hope is an important component of what dreams are made of.

There is always hope

Yes, at least you know what you`re dealing with now Robbie.....and excellent news you are improving every day. You`ll be dancing the night away before you know it.......:banana:

Hope your dad is doing ok now, it`s been a rough old year.

So many lovely cocktails out there......I love cherry flavours but I didn`t like the mix with vodka......i`ll give most cocktails a try though!

I think we`ve all heard every excuse under the sun for folks bringing young children to HHN....none of them work.....I couldn`t imagine taking a young child there.

Yes, I`m a big believer in hope.....and if things don`t happen, well, they weren`t supposed to....everything happens for a reason, i`m a firm believer in that. Sorry, your July trip didn`t happen either.....but you should be good in September.

Mummy dust right back at you Robbie.......:wave2:

Go ahead! Feel free to share

Not to toot my horn, but it was have some leftover steak I’m going to slice thin & toss upon salad for dinner

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of that one

not a big Leonardo fan but every so often I will watch shutter island again & still shudder, even knowing the plot

Aw, sorry on both counts. Quick results on the MRI! Hope ur back feels better soon

Who wants to chip in for a dump truck of mummy dust?

Thanks for the Disneyfied vote of confidence. I rarely find myself so thrown for a loop over travel of all things. So silly, but admit I was ready to toss in the towel They aren’t doing themselves any favors alienating their core base(s), those who would gladly visit even with the cloud of corona hanging over their heads.

Toot your horn all you like Keisha.....I love steak like that!!!

Secret Window is an unusual movie for Depp. I wasn`t sure at first, but had to watch it to the bitter end.....you`ll watch it once and that`s enough, but decent. I`ve never made it to even half way through Shutter Island......not a Leo fan at all so maybe that was the reason.....Tom watched it and I think he liked it......I think it must be similar to the one you`re trying to get through.....only I gave up.....lol

Knew you`d beat them at their own game!!!! Yes, you`d think it could be so much easier.......

Boiling hot here and so humid........

It`s just after 8pm and we have just over 82F...........been out in the garden most of the afternoon. It is lovely.......had the barbecue out and dinner was just a little selection of nibbly stuff......tried a new sausage the butcher made up.....bacon and maple syrup....they were delicious!!! Spicy pork chops and some chicken skewers, made up some spicy and fruity cous cous and easy dinner.....

BUT.........hair salons will open up July 4th!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Our Boris made the happy announcement today!

Pubs, hotels and restaurants too, but more interested in the hair salons!!! I`m curious to see how the owner of the one I use handles it......if she doesn`t reopen I`ll have to find another salon. We have another 2 in our village, but never been keen on them. May go further afield. I do need it cut as it is again, half way down my back! Too long.

We have had a few other restrictions lifted too, but still no travelling to Scotland yet. Hopefully soon.

Still sitting outside with a pimms and lemonade and enjoying a little sea breeze that has just started.......not really cooling us down though.

Sending lots of good wishes to folks who need it right now.....:hug:

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. Today was better. I really like what I do. 2 days til Friday!

We are in a complete quandry about whether to cancel September or wait and see if the flight ban is lifted..

You still have some time. The way states have been spiking, you have to think it has to go down soon. I dont have many worries about the park, but having to fly down and uber to the park has causes a little pause.

Have to think the parents would have a much better time if they used a babysitter.

Yay for your progress. The bulging discs suck but at least you know now and can make a plan of attack.

Oh rental cars shocked even us this year..

So much has gone up this year. I tend to think there are going to be deals with less visitors this year.

Last edited:
Hi everybody :wave2:

Sorry I haven't been posting lately....I've been busy with work and life in general has been hectic. I try to keep up mostly but dang today I discovered that I was 20 pages behind :scared1: probably because I worked 7 days straight and didn't have time to read.

The kids are doing well...Trey is due for a promotion in the fall and Danielle is now the sole owner of the pizza place since her partner sadly passed away last month after a hard fought battle with cancer.

We do have a trip to PCB planned for July and hopefully we will make it ...one of the workers at the pizza place tested positive for Covid and both Danielle and Trey had to be tested this week. The results should be back tomorrow and if either one tests positive the trip is off since it's less than 2 weeks until our vacation. It would also mean that we would have to shut down the restaurant for that time plus we all would have to be in quarantine...:sad2: I doubt either one has it since they aren't showing any symptoms and they have taken every precaution by keeping the dining room closed since March, being open only for takeout and delivery, enhanced cleaning and requiring all employees to wear a mask.

It's weird not to be planning a September trip for HHN...we've been going almost every year since 2010. I think we only missed 2012 but I still visited the parks that year. I just can't see myself wearing a mask in the Florida heat all day. I'll just have to enjoy the parks vicariously through all of my homies going to HHN.

Thanks to Carole and Robo for the shoutouts :hug: I'm doing much better now and almost back to normal.

Hi to mac, keisha, Lynne, monyk, Sue, Charade, pumpkin, Bobbie, kfish, McRose, disneylife, buckeev, Vicki, Elsa, and all the sans family reading along ...sending healing thoughts to all who need them and hope everyone has a wonderful week :flower1:

Yay! A Tink post! Hope both kids have a negative result. Scary times, indeed. I hope vacation is a go, as working a full week, no wonder you are busy. Take care, rest those feet, and all stay safe and happy.

So hot feeling, a nice iced adult beverage for me. Chilling, and screen watching as all were too hot to have dinner, so all just snacked. Not a rain loser so far today. Hoping the Wednesday camel keeps that rain at bay. Once the clouds parted later in the morning, ooh that afternoon sun was oh so melting.

Like a totally rockin’ Tuesday night to all the homies.

And yes, Keisha a huge truckload of mummy dust headed to Universal so that HHN is a go. I am still going, regardless, but am hoping to join a private tour one night, and having some Autumn scary fun.

Quick late night post. I met the new cat sitter today. I think I am going to like her. Caspian seemed to. I learned 2 interesting things about her today. 1. She used to work with one of my closest friends. 2. She has a son who plays in the NFL.

Was a fun puzzle. I do have a picture of the villains one. I will try to remember to post it. It was huge. Now working on a cats in a fun candy store.
We are working on a cat puzzle too. Just one cat. A big one.

Horrible day at work today.
Hope it got better.

We are in a complete quandry about whether to cancel September or wait and see if the flight ban is lifted......
Hope you are able yo keep the September trip.

Charade sending lots of good wishes that your mom is continuing to improve. So nice to hear you enjoyed a nice Father Day meal out. Have a wonderful time on your upcomimg trip.
Thanks Robo.

Prayers for quick healing.

Oh rental cars shocked even us this year.....when we looked in May for September, it was around $3,000 for our 26 nights.....SUV, so nothing exceptional....
Yikes! Maybe prices will come down before September.

one of the workers at the pizza place tested positive for Covid and both Danielle and Trey had to be tested this week. The results should be back tomorrow and if either one tests positive the trip is off since it's less than 2 weeks until our vacation.
Prayers for negative results.

Gotta get some sleep. I can barely keep my eyes open.

Oooo so busy! Lots of posts to catch up on.
Yay I survived shopping trip with youngest lol! Apparently I have old lady taste:scratchin but she found a few things at Banana Republic with 40% off.
I think she says things just to make me twitch!
Then we had lunch at Chipotle.

Lynne it was very nice having my shower back this morning yes! And yay you’re getting a hair cut on Canada Day!

Keisha what a mess yesterday was. I don’t know why wdw can’t do better. Bet lots of people felt like:badpc: I’m glad I am rebooking Aug. possibly Nov will decide to do Universal. Can’t deal with all this. I hope you get this resolved.

DisneyLife we had Brown Derby lunch ADR! I love the Cobb Salad. Hope you get the Sabres built!

Schumi some diet brands are using alternative to the yucky aspartame. Much better I’m not much of a pop drinker but sometimes I want one. I prefer the regular drinks too but my condition doesn’t allow it, not that I’m not above cheating occasionally:ssst:
It was wonderful having my bathroom back this morning!

Keisha:rolleyes1 yes just buy another AP sheesh. Cheap! No. The wdw APs are over $1100 for out of state. And not dvc member. It’s ridiculous. Since they had that major AP price hike I stopped buying AP. I don’t know why they make non residents who live furthest away buy the top tier AP.

Charade you had quite the day! Why yes I think I did hear your scream!
I did see GE at DL it just wasn’t the same May trip. I think it was November when we saw GE.
Wish I was going back to DL sooner. But I’ll wait a year.

I’ve had name mix ups too, with me and my sister-in-law. We are both Susan’s and we have the same last name being married to brothers. When I first moved here, my first job, the boss hiring me lost my phone number so looked it up and phoned my sister in laws number thinking it was me to offer me the job!

Lynne many people get mixed up and call me my last name. Or when you’re on the phone reserving something they ask last name so I give it. Then they say ok now what’s your last name!

Vicki how nice. Enjoy your moms retirement party.
Hope things get better at work for you.

Buckeev and this is why I am changing both my reservations for wdw this year. I can’t believe this. Wdw is one hot mess.

Schumi I sure know how you’re feeling with Florida. It is so hard. I’ve never had to cancel a vacay before. But Aug 1 is coming so soon, our latest border closure is till July 21, under 2 weeks before we were due to leave. And in my heart of hearts looking at the virus spiraling out of control I doubt our border will open then.
I haven’t canceled Dec yet. Always hoping.

Lynne well done NY! Your Cuomo has done a great job.
Love your Taco meme! Hope you’re enjoying your Tastykakes! An east coast friend gave me some once so I could see what everyone was talking about!
Hope your not melting in that heat and humidity!

Keisha lol that dog!! Glad you finally got what you wanted for wdw. What an ordeal.

Robo that drink at Toothsome sounds good.
Horror nights lol. I can’t even go and I know it’s not real lol.

Glad you got the MRI results and no fractures. What are they doing for bulging disc? Glad the meds are helping and you’re feeling better every day.
What a horrible thing for a professor to say! And to not allow for any opinions, doesn’t sound like he was a good teacher. We all need Hope

Keisha I’ll chip in! Maybe even a boat load of mummy dust. And Pixie dust!
You’re right, Disney not doing well and alienating their core. If we are finding all this too much I can’t imagine how a newbie will cope.

Schumi we love labs. They are the best dogs ever. Such big hearts. We’ve had 2. Our first was a yellow boy. Then we had a white female. I miss them both terribly.
Yikes on the rental cars. That’s expensive for sure. And on top of that the parking fees. We only had a couple of excursions out last trip and Uber worked well for us.
I don’t know how much we’d be going out if we go in Nov/Dec with Covid out there. I’d trust the strict protocol Universal has. But outside who knows. And I’d dearly love to go to Hot & Juicy!
I hope your rental goes down.

Sitting outside with a sea breeze sounds lovely! And yay for haircut!

Vicki glad to hear today was better. Politics everywhere. We had them at my paddle club even! We called them paddletics.

Hi Tink! Hope Trey gets his promotion! That’s sad about Danielles partner. And scary about Covid. I hope the tests come back negative.
I know how you feel, it will feel very odd for my daughter and I not to go on our usual vacation to the parks.

Well look at that, already 9:30 here and still light. It’s been a soso day weather wise here. Cloudy with sporadic rain. A good day to go clothing shopping with dd. Even if she’s the pickiest person around for clothes. Sheesh!

I don’t even know what the weather will be tomorrow. I want to do some housework since work on bathroom is done. And have to go to Apple Store because I think my iPad battery is shot. Yuck. Maybe I’ll do that first and get in early before the crowds.

Get that camel ready Lynne!

Charade yay you found a good cat sitter and Caspian liked her. Cats can be so fickle.
We used to laugh, our cat would find the one person in the room who didn’t like cats and sit on them. Strange creatures.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. Today was better. I really like what I do and all, sometimes the office politics just get a little much for me. 2 days til Friday!

You still have some time. The way states have been spiking, you have to think it has to go down soon. I dont have many worries about the park, but having to fly down and uber to the park has causes a little pause.

One thing I have never missed about work is office politics. No time for nonsense like that and all that goes with it.....

It`s one of those things that is so unpredictable. Germany went back into lockdown after things opened up few weeks ago....so who knows.

I can`t worry anymore......I genuinely do believe if we don`t go, we`re not meant to go.......

Hope today is another good day........

Can’t say I’m a huge fan either, I’d let him on the raft tho

lol.....yes, I would too!!

Hi everybody :wave2:

Sorry I haven't been posting lately....I've been busy with work and life in general has been hectic. I try to keep up mostly but dang today I discovered that I was 20 pages behind :scared1: probably because I worked 7 days straight and didn't have time to read.

The kids are doing well...Trey is due for a promotion in the fall and Danielle is now the sole owner of the pizza place since her partner sadly passed away last month after a hard fought battle with cancer.

We do have a trip to PCB planned for July and hopefully we will make it ...one of the workers at the pizza place tested positive for Covid and both Danielle and Trey had to be tested this week. The results should be back tomorrow and if either one tests positive the trip is off since it's less than 2 weeks until our vacation. It would also mean that we would have to shut down the restaurant for that time plus we all would have to be in quarantine...:sad2: I doubt either one has it since they aren't showing any symptoms and they have taken every precaution by keeping the dining room closed since March, being open only for takeout and delivery, enhanced cleaning and requiring all employees to wear a mask.

It's weird not to be planning a September trip for HHN...we've been going almost every year since 2010. I think we only missed 2012 but I still visited the parks that year. I just can't see myself wearing a mask in the Florida heat all day. I'll just have to enjoy the parks vicariously through all of my homies going to HHN.

Thanks to Carole and Robo for the shoutouts :hug: I'm doing much better now and almost back to normal.

Hi to mac, keisha, Lynne, monyk, Sue, Charade, pumpkin, Bobbie, kfish, McRose, disneylife, buckeev, Vicki, Elsa, and all the sans family reading along ...sending healing thoughts to all who need them and hope everyone has a wonderful week :flower1:

Hello my friend.....so good to see you post again.....you have been missed!!!

I`m so sorry Danielles`s partner passed away. Can`t have been easy to deal with. And as always best wishes to her with the business. And well done to Trey.......

Truly hope they are both negative, I think if anyone deserves a trip right now, it`s you and your family. You`ve had a lot to deal with.

I think it was 2012 we missed HHN due to Kyle having back surgery. We went in July that year.......but we did miss HHN a lot!!! Next year Vicki.......we`ll all be back again!!!

Glad you`re doing much better and I`ll pop off an email for a proper catch up on things!!! Take care and say hi to the kids from me.....:wave2:

Quick late night post. I met the new cat sitter today. I think I am going to like her. Caspian seemed to. I learned 2 interesting things about her today. 1. She used to work with one of my closest friends. 2. She has a son who plays in the NFL.

Hope you are able yo keep the September trip.

Yikes! Maybe prices will come down before September.

It`s a small world sometimes. Gald you`re happy with the cat lady.

Yep, we`ll just have to wait and see. I`m sure the prices will come down. We do pay a lot more for rental cars coming from the UK it seems, but that does seem a little over the top. Half that would be expected.

Oooo so busy! Lots of posts to catch up on.
Yay I survived shopping trip with youngest lol! Apparently I have old lady taste:scratchin but she found a few things at Banana Republic with 40% off.
I think she says things just to make me twitch!
Then we had lunch at Chipotle.

Schumi some diet brands are using alternative to the yucky aspartame. Much better I’m not much of a pop drinker but sometimes I want one. I prefer the regular drinks too but my condition doesn’t allow it, not that I’m not above cheating occasionally:ssst:
It was wonderful having my bathroom back this morning!

Schumi I sure know how you’re feeling with Florida. It is so hard. I’ve never had to cancel a vacay before. But Aug 1 is coming so soon, our latest border closure is till July 21, under 2 weeks before we were due to leave. And in my heart of hearts looking at the virus spiraling out of control I doubt our border will open then.
I haven’t canceled Dec yet. Always hoping.

Schumi we love labs. They are the best dogs ever. Such big hearts. We’ve had 2. Our first was a yellow boy. Then we had a white female. I miss them both terribly.
Yikes on the rental cars. That’s expensive for sure. And on top of that the parking fees. We only had a couple of excursions out last trip and Uber worked well for us.
I don’t know how much we’d be going out if we go in Nov/Dec with Covid out there. I’d trust the strict protocol Universal has. But outside who knows. And I’d dearly love to go to Hot & Juicy!
I hope your rental goes down.

Well look at that, already 9:30 here and still light. It’s been a soso day weather wise here. Cloudy with sporadic rain. A good day to go clothing shopping with dd. Even if she’s the pickiest person around for clothes. Sheesh!

I don’t even know what the weather will be tomorrow. I want to do some housework since work on bathroom is done. And have to go to Apple Store because I think my iPad battery is shot. Yuck. Maybe I’ll do that first and get in early before the crowds.

Get that camel ready Lynne!

Glad you survived the shopping expedition!!! I was always thankful Kyle couldn`t care less about brand names, he`s still the same today....so very easy to shop with or for.

Yes, I don`t drink a lot of sodas, but I do like a diet pepsi now and again.....I tend to drink more of in America. Gotta love that nasty corn syrup stuff!!!!

Glad the shower is up and running. I completely understand why the border is still closed, it makes sense. I also understand the flight ban for us. Now it looks like Europe is going to ban Americans coming this way.....not the UK, but mainland Europe. Not sure if it`s a tit for tat move......it is unsettling to see the numbers.

We wouldn`t be without a car there, so it is an essential for us, whatever the cost. We go around so much offsite, and we like the freedom it gives us to wake up and decide we`ll drive to St Augustine for the day or nip out to Publix when we want. Never used Uber and if we need a car we use the ODC. So convenient.

Yes, Hot n Juicy will be on our list for whenever we next make it!!!

It doesn`t really ever get completely dark here right now. But, the next few weeks will see it being less light at night around 10.30ish.....Kyle is over the moon as it means he can get imaging with the telescope again. He loves the dark nights for that.

Good luck at the Apple store.......getting in early is definitely the key!!

We have to be in the 80`s F today........cannot wait!!!! We plan to spend the day in the garden doing not much. We have a delivery of wine coming this morning again.......darn those offers they call us up with!!!! Hard to resist sometime.

Tom does need to nip out for a few bits and pieces.....we are out of Ice. And some salad stuff.....

Not much to say about today........will go find some sunscreen as I`m going to need it.......that is a smell that reminds us of Orlando......

Food today is barbecue style.......if it can`t be cooked on the grill, it`s not getting cooked!!! I`ll just do the sides......

cv2051-L.png

cv2058-X2.jpg

cv2050-L.png

Have a wonderful Wednesday...........

3BC0D96A-CF5C-43C4-A9F6-F9E8ACF08932.jpeg
Ah yes, that hump of a day, Wednesday is here. And camel is looking spiffy with the reminder. And like Agavegirl said, two more sleeps and ooh la la, a Friday. Week is going fast, and so is the month of June.

And yay! With the start of July, Canada celebrates the day, and a few days later, the USA celebrates too. In between those dates, my oldest, and only nephew has a birthday. Lots of reasons to be happy next week!

So, with a tea cup in my hand, and another not so sunny start to our Wednesday. No matter, those clouds will scatter enough that by mid morning, the sun will return, and a hot day will be in the books as we end the day.

Sue, glad you have a working shower you have now enjoyed. And NY person is Kfish, not me. Though I am in the large state just below her state. As also along the NE corridor train route, so getting to NYC is a quick enough train ride. But with the virus still a scary thought, no trips are most likely going to happen this Summer. I hope our borders open for you soon, and I agree, with the mouse being so difficult to plan to get there, I am waiting until at least next year to visit. I have never had a mouse AP, and never spent enough days and I can save some money and get military tickets. I have had an USO AP for years now. Much better use of that pass, as I spend more time in the Dark Side parks, and enjoy the hotels there. And even as an also not FLA resident, Universal’s AP seemed the right choice.

Great your cat sitter may work out for you, Charade. Small world sometimes, but glad the cat liked her. Yeah, my DH is severely allergic to cat dander, and whenever we go to a home that has a cat, most of the time the cat goes to him. I swear they know. While I have had cats when I was growing up, having them in my married life, nope. When we got married, and in our home, I said I was getting two cats. His response got a hey, that was a deal breaker had I known before we got married. LOL. As he is not allergic to dog danger, two yellow lab puppies arrived. After having a boxer following those labs, DH is eager to have a chocolate or black lab. Whenever we get one, color is not what I look for, the dog’s faces and demeanor is more my choice. And so far, the dogs we had were great, loving, kind dogs.

Ah, it is past the what for breakfast time, as hungry. Maybe older one will make some waffles. Yeah, that may be my late breakfast. Off to see what the kitchen has to say, as to what looks good to eat.

Wonderful Wednesday to all the homies. Stay happy, safe, healthy and hydrated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter