Something About Nothing............ #14

Hi Friends!!! It's been for-evah since I last logged on. It's been a heck of a few last 19 months, huh? I am glad to report that (so far) we came through the pandemic unscathed and are all healthy and happy: Kids back in school for the 2nd full pandemic year, hubs finally allowed to return to his office in Orlando ( ok, maybe he isn't so happy about that, but...), I am back at work in person 3 days a week. We let our AP's lapse the last couple of years but they will be the "big gift" for the kids for Christmas this year so I will be on here more often looking for tips and possible meetups. Glad to "read" a lot of familiar names are still here as well!

We still have the ac on at home
But will only be in the 80’s today so that means fall might be here at the end of the month

Wish I was still on vacation

Sounds perfect mac, and yes I`d have the A/C on too......

Hi Friends!!! It's been for-evah since I last logged on. It's been a heck of a few last 19 months, huh? I am glad to report that (so far) we came through the pandemic unscathed and are all healthy and happy: Kids back in school for the 2nd full pandemic year, hubs finally allowed to return to his office in Orlando ( ok, maybe he isn't so happy about that, but...), I am back at work in person 3 days a week. We let our AP's lapse the last couple of years but they will be the "big gift" for the kids for Christmas this year so I will be on here more often looking for tips and possible meetups. Glad to "read" a lot of familiar names are still here as well!

Well hello again stranger!!

Glad to hear things are going so well with you and your family......it has been a heck of a time for sure.

That will be a very much appreciated gift for them I`m sure and yes, getting back to the parks will be lovely. But, so good to see you post and glad you`re going to be around some more....... :wave2:

Dinner was a success. Rib roast was done to a tee......Tom and I enjoyed the much rarer centre, while the other 2 enjoyed more medium beef. Horseradish gravy went down well with 2 of us, other 2 not so much. Will stick to tried and tested favourites, glad I put it in a small individual gravy boat and not over the meat.

Got a lovely email from my goddaughter who had her wedding postponed last month. Her and her fiancee went to Barbados for 3 weeks and got married there!

So happy for them. They didn`t want to wait till next year and all the carry on trying to arrange times to suit everyone else....quite right too!

Spoke to her mum earlier and they were over the moon too, I was worried she`d be upset missing it, but they`re going to have a big celebration soon.

Time to make a pot of tea and maybe something sweet to go with it......🧁

Welcome back home!!
Great to see you here.

When I last counted noses, was missing you!

I’ll sleep better tonight knowing you are here
I miss all my “kids” here when they are not posting.

In between the rain, doing hotdogs and burgers. Felt like should be a Summer like dinner, as hoping our temps increase a little. No AC needed here now, Mac.

Hope you have great weather for your trip, Buckeev.

I have a Purdue hen in the oven
Takes 1.5 hours to bake that bird

Since ac still on and it’s too cold for me in the house, I take my seat at the L shape counter sitting in the kitchen to warm up

Mr Mac likes the house cool
I don’t..

I timed my dinner around walking dead show tonight
Need to catch up on last weeks episode and new one tonight.
Missed it last week as was at UO

Schumi
An elopement is just as great as a formal wedding
less fuss for all..

congrats to them!

Thank you mac!

They just wanted to be married and didn`t want to wait till next year, don`t blame them. I`m just looking forward to seeing their pictures now as it sounds idylic....barefoot on the beach!

I have a Purdue hen in the oven
Takes 1.5 hours to bake that bird

Since ac still on and it’s too cold for me in the house, I take my seat at the L shape counter sitting in the kitchen to warm up

Mr Mac likes the house cool
I don’t..

I timed my dinner around walking dead show tonight
Need to catch up on last weeks episode and new one tonight.
Missed it last week as was at UO

I like the house warm and cosy too, but I am awful and a money waster apparently....or so I`m told by friends :confused3as I like the windows open even though the heating is on......lol......I do like fresh air in the house too. I`m not too much of waster though, if it does get too cool, I will close them......but I won`t change now.

Another early night last night, think I was in bed before 10pm. Slept like a rock too.

Today is to be chilly this morning but sunny, so we`ll be out early and do our regular walk of around 6 miles. Hoping the sun makes an appearance early doors as it does make it feel less cool.

No idea for food later, will wait till we come back in and decide then what`s for dinner. We do have some lovely Old Spot pork and leek sausages everyone likes, so might just do them for dinner.

Toast with preserves for breakfast before we head out.

i-bBx32MK-Th.gif

i-3rccTgh-S.gif

cv19-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday :goodvibes

Marvelous Monday homies.

Yay for a Monday to enjoy relaxing. Little one wants to go to First Watch, and older one wants to shop for some clothes. Perfect day for that, as week day schedule usually means less crowds, though this holiday one will have a bit more. But not anywhere like a Winter holiday crowd.

Wven with breakfast out, I highly doubt little one will be up, and have not heard her yet. So tea for me, and a little snack of a banana. I like a banana when just ripe. Mushy, nope, and it was one of the smallest I could find. It’s a fruit I only eat once in awhile. A one and done one too, as one is enough until in the mood some time much later. Nice you can buy just one or two. I did buy two, so I’m sure the men will eat the other one. Don’t think little one would.

Sweet the elopement, Schumi. So hard when they had to delay. Hope the sun came out while your walk this morning. Hope a cup of breakfast tea was with the toast.

Back to watching that big screen, and hoping I hear little one sooner rather than later. For some reason, I’m a bit hungry now. Sigh, neither kid has that up in the wee hours wake up time. Hehe, nothing wrong with two breakfasts. 😊

And then, the two pooh:pooh: ate all the teachers & students up, yum!:rolleyes1

some sort of shrimp for dinner. Thinking of trying one of orange stirfry recipes I have collected.

Spent most of morning setting up a more comprehensive dental exam for early November. Supposed to be presented with a few different treatment plans from which to choose. Struck me as being Akin to picking from column A, b & C on a Chinese menu

put insurance company on notice re claims. Let’s just say they were as cagey as ever as to committing to anything. Reminds me of my DSs & their love lives lol

I tend to get the Greek & Roman Gods’ names mixed up. Love the fables. Still have a child’s large illustrated book all my boys & GD enjoyed on the bookshelf. Every now & then will pull it down for a short read myself

Another sunny beautiful day, near 80. Have had a few brief showers with stunning rainbows

Daddy daughter trip time! Am a fan of Great Wolf generally. Not the Sandusky, oh, location tho. Geared toward single digit kids IMO. Kalahari there is the bomb. Not sure if that’s a regional chain all tend to have me wheezing from chlorine after much time wishing for an inhaler

Can’t think of anyone I know with day off work here other than government workers. Many schools now attend and save that day off as possible snow day or longer spring break

It’s a goodie. I was shocked to see I broke well over 100 miles on last trip. If only I’d keep it up

I’ve been hearing it since she could speak. Chip off the old blocks here lol. She’s been one to do jump scares on us since a tot. I’ve had to lay down the law, not when A person is climbing steps. Otherwise, my home might have a few new permanent residents floating about lol
That bear video was sweet but unnerving too!

:wave2: everyone I have a few minutes and wanted to pop in. It seems like everyone is starting to get ready for season change, some good changes and some so not good. It feels very weird for me here, I was in the pool yesterday, the outside temp was about 89-90 and the water temp was 84. I do like my pool water on the warmer side but I really need to continue for awhile for some exercising. I bought a snorkeling/scuba vest to wear. The upper body is the hard part for me, so I am going to see if that helps when the pool dips below 80. The weather here is getting drier now. There have been a few light showers here and there. I love the temps still in the high 80's.

Our hot tub spa came today :cool1:. We have been waiting for about 9 months and can't wait. I find that therapy pools are great for me. This particular model has about 51 jets and each of the seats in individually controlled. It says it's a 6 seater but I probably wouldn't do more than 4. We are going to have to play with the temperature some of us like it hotter than others. My muscles will enjoy it.

I want to say I had a wonderful time meeting up with Charade, Lynne, Robo, Sue, and Mac for dinners and park time. Everyone was so nice. I did get a chance to say hello to Dixuni and Keishashadow at their lunch which was nice. Look forward to more meet ups when peeps come to town. I finally got to see the Bourne show and The Horror Make up show. Brian and I enjoyed them and thanks to Mac we learned a lot of tips on where to sit and what to look for. It made the experience so much better.

We did stay at Sapphire in the 2 queen room with a kids suite in guest house 2. The lagoon view was nice and the room was clean. The Keurig didn't work in the room but that was okay. We did have one night of a noisy neighbor but that was it. The resort is pretty and we did get to spend a little pool time. I like the little store in the lobby. It had some hot food in a pinch and the free-style machine was good. The pool machine was awful, they don't keep up with the syrps. Overall nice trip next up will be back to PBH club level in January. The parks were busy on the weekend but slowed down during the week. I do have the Orlando Informere meet up in Novemeber with Patty, looking forward to that.

I was off my healthy life style change last week. I started up today with the food choices and will get back to walking at night.

I have to go run Liv around and do some stuff. I hope everyone has a great day and night!
Enjoy that hot tub!!! Even nicer after the long wait!

We have countertops!!! Here’s a sneak peek. I’ll post full before and after pics once we get the floor done.

View attachment 611061
Very nice!!!

Looks very nice Charade....I do hope you`re happy with the kitchen when it`s completed......

And another hot, well, very warm day ahead for us......it`ll be 60F at 7am, so in October I`ll take anyday. With that, heading out early again so we can walk before it gets too warm. I thought we`d be in warmer clothes now and wrapping up against the cooler temps, but this has been lovely for the time of year.

Turkey with salad sandwiches for lunch today and doing a bacon wrapped pork fillet tonight for dinner, I glaze the pork with a maple syrup and balsamic glaze, then do the same to the bacon and it adds a gorgeous flavour and beautiful colour too. Looking forward to that tonight.

After our walk going to pick up a new George Forman grill we ordered last night. I don`t use it to cook food generally, but mainly for grilled sandwiches as it does them so well. Mainly for my guys as they like a grilled sandwich more than I do.

Quick breakfast then out.......

i-3j5Rgbr-S.jpg

cv56-Th.jpg

cv64-S.jpg

Happy Friday all........ 😁
We've been quite fortunate with our fall weather as well. Looks as though the weekend forecast will bring us a cool down.

Quick early morning stop in :wave2:

Just finished shuffling some papers. My work is almost done already for the day. Heading out early to pick up the family from the airport just after lunch.

Kids arrived late last night. It was great that gd didn't make strange for too long. It took her a whole 2 minutes before she wanted Grammie to come play on the floor with her. She was upset when I had to leave to go to work this morning. Good thing I only have to work this morning, pick up the family from the airport and take them to their air bnb, then wait for us to all meet at the restaurant and surprise dh and kick off the weekend. Looking forward to spending time with my family not only celebrate dh's birthday, but my Mom turns 70 on the same day lol. It's turkey birthday weekend palooza!!!

@Charade the counters looks great!!! It's all starting to come together now.

Incase I don't get to stop in much over the weekend...everyone have a great weekend....and stay safe!!!!
View attachment 611246
Such a sweet little girl!!!

OK Ladies-n-Ghouls…Flights are booked, car reserved….Taking #1 Son to HHN for an “non-budgeted-for” Orlando trip 26th-29th…just the two of us- no “Evil Step Sisters!”…..Seriously contemplating 1 or 2 nights at either Dockside or Surfside. We’re kinda spoiled with the HRH & RPR perks- especially the EZ walking distance and boat proximity…and of course…Express. (Might do 1 night at one of them to double down on the EPS.) Actually, not even sure what my question is here!!! Well, which Resort? (No wrong answer, I know.)! 🤣😂 Oh yeah…I may have mentioned this a while back, but the MAIN reason he wants to go is for the HHN PIZZA FRIES!!! 🤷🏻‍♂️ (World’s most expensive Pizza Fries!!!) 😱🥺🤨 Also…anybody else crazy enough to battle the “final week” crowds? 😏😏😏
(I’m also put this on the Hotel Thread. 😁 )
How fun!!!! Love spur of the moment trips!!

Busy day, has struck me that the longer one is away on vacation, the longer it takes to assimilate back into RL:sail:color me captain obvious

charade it’s really coming together nicely. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that shade of counter top, striking. What did u choose for floor?

i’ve tried a few over the years. One of my kids got me one that I swear took up my whole island. Hated cleaning the greasy mess from Burgers Never thought to use for grilled sandwiches. Lucky if I eat a grilled cheese a couple times a year. Did ask the mr for a Xmas present, one of those cast iron type with long handles that campers use over a open fire. My mom used all the time on the gas stove.

adorable! Enjoy

oh what fun

never sat thru a whole episode for some reason

that week is often reported as the busiest of the haunt season. :confused3 I ain’t afraid of no ghost. :hmghost:If it’s worse than crowds I’ve seen around Columbus Day weekend, will be rethinking my wisdom to book a 2nd trip around the same time period.

hell week was a serious consideration in the past, seems to have all but disappeared according to this:

https://www.floridasmart.com/articles/florida-public-school-calendars
Had expected smaller crowds due to pandemic, despite the predicted pent up local demand. Think many locals are taking their time re-emerging into the parks to interact with the out of state visitors I Can’t argue that thought, the state is just working their way out of some horrific numbers.

I’m sure U doesn’t want to admit that crowds are down this year, after what was reported as early sellouts. I Was told by different U employees that the TM calendar opened up for three HHN dates when I was there last week...Thursday, Friday & Sunday. The individuals seemed thrilled for the extra date options to attend.

my thot it was designed to inflate the crowds to near normal capacity. FOMO & all. Going to guess they will carefully watch ‘their gate’ throughout the season & continue to do so. Sunday was the slowest of the three nights we were there.

Had it’s moments for me. A fan of a few houses. Loved Haunting of Hill House as fan of the series. Beetlejuice is a beautiful homage to the movie. Would love to see it installed as permanent display in the parks.

overall, an average event for USO. Still, head’s above what you find elsewhere. Just had hoped for more bells & whistles for the 30th. Obviously, satisfied enough for a repeat trip :)

my suggestions…

do stay & scream, can knock out 2 or 3 houses before the crowds start to flow thru the gate.

If doing pizza fries at Louies, might want to grab during the day. Last sunday night waited nearly an hour for an order to appear on the table After the 8 pm theater show. Unacceptable IMO.

If looking to trim costs, even if $20 or so more a night that the more far-flung properties you mentioned, consider booking either Adventura or CB. CB is absolutely not my fav onsite resort by any means. Several on this thread do recommend it.

I added on 3 nights at SF after HHN. Note to self, better to do the budget property first on a split trip lol.

i diid notice many people using the SF boat, then strolling thru it’s lobby & out the door to their various resorts last week. Probably accounted for the much longer lines of people at dock vs the other resorts.

FYI, years ago, they did check room keys now & again on HHN nights when boarding boat. Didn’t see it this year.

Life is short, enjoy some special time with your son!
I would stay at SF in a heartbeat, but just cannot seem to give up EP. If my vacation were longer in duration, I'd consider a split stay like you did.

Aww, Buckeev, a son and me trip is just plain fun! Sleep in, go to the parks later, and yep, make sure you saunter into a stay and scream section, to be released earlier then gate, and can knock out the further flung houses, at least 2 to 4, with low crowds. And yep, I enjoyed those fries in Louie’s, standing in a shorter line for cash payment at lunch. Not too long a wait for food to get to me. Was hot and delicious, in an AC conditioned room.

Ooh, car needed stuff, so without a boy driving car until Tuesday. How nice is that that he, for some reason, my older one had no work hours tomorrow and Monday, and 5 hours mid day on Tuesday? So while he may have momma’s card to pay for that repair, with promise to repay when paycheck got next week, he’ll be able to use my car to get to work on Tuesday, and may be driving with little one or my my brother will go with older one to retrieve that old car to live for another year, I’m really hoping he gets a full time job before this yearly what else went wrong car visit, so he can afford a new car monthly payment. And yay, that would means one less car off my car insurance.

Decided that good looking steak I picked up, was best to chop up very thinly and yum, cheesesteak dinner, with air fried stretchy mozzarella bites. Big triangles of that cheesy goodness, with cooked red sauce to dip them in, and of course, those kosher pickles are the other perfect side. Full, this Friday night.

Yay, the daughter has arrived to Pumpkin’s home. Family time is the best.

Nothing like a Friday evening where screen viewing and playing online will be through the wee hours. Well, for two of us.

Fabulous Friday feeling, though with news off sigh, more than I thought car bill. But hey, alarm turned off for more than two nights. Hallelujah!

Woot:!
View attachment 611372

Hehe:
View attachment 611373
Anything with mozza cheese and red sauce for the win!!

Quick evening stop in :wave2:

Had a great evening. DH was surprised to see family members walk into the restraint once we had arrived. Had a great meal with lots of laughs and some gift opening.

His sister gifted him a special gift his mom had received when she turned 50. So that brought tears to all our eyes. It will now be passed to each family member who turns 50 for years to come.

Tomorrow I booked us to go to the pool. The GD and nieces will have fun on the water slides and lazy river.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'll leave a light on for those who can't sleep and our friends across the pond.
View attachment 611430
Sounds like a very special celebration!! Glad DH was surprised!!

This one has a fitted drip tray that`s removable, so if you were coking food I imagine it`s better.

We don`t eat a lot of grilled sandwiches, the odd lunchtime in winter they may want one , but not a staple in this house. But, I`m glad I have it for them alone, as I said, i doubt I`d use it for anything else.

Hell week fell in the middle of one of our trips years ago, it was indeed so much busier. We were so glad we could go multiple nights.

That is a beautiful gift to treasure and then pass on.

Glad the evening went so well and have a fun day today with everyone.....and appreciated the light pumpkin.......pitch black here now in the mornings!

Went to bed so early for a Friday night.........but, slept well despite it being warmer than usual. We had 60F during the night, again, not normal for us in October. Going to be another lovely day for us.

Our gardener is coming to do what he thinks may now not be the last cuttings of the lawns, but they do need doing and some tidying of the leaves falling, and he`s taking a load of wine that`s been made in the man shed down there. It`s not really for me.......

Going out walking this morning with two other couples and each bringing one of their adult kids too who enjoy the walks, so should be nice and will be a little longer than our usual when it`s just the 2 of us, and breakfast in the cafe afterwards which will be more of a brunch. Ideal as we`re going out to a country pub about an hour away from us tonight. And with the warmer weather should still get away with a summery dress rather than cooler clothes hopefully.

Love this place and it`s in a gorgeous little village I keep saying I`d like to move to, little more inland than I`m used to, but it`s beautiful. Pub is all home cooked food and if you don`t book you don`t get a table as it`s popular and folks come from miles around to eat there. They do very good steaks!

This afternoon we might watch the qualifying for the Turkish GP and still to decide what to wear tonight......still love that dressing up to go out for dinner.

Tea and a mini muffin first though........

i-wBWctkR-S.gif

cv30-S.png

cv4-S.jpg

Happy Saturday and have a lovely weekend :flower1:

We will have weather in the 80’s all week
Which means ac will still be on 24/7 like it has been since March
I can handle the heat better then the cold so Georgia weather does suit me

When I lived in the north, I lived for warm weather !
There were times back then we ran the furnace in September

Last week at this time, I was in the parks having fun

Now it seems it was almost a lifetime ago, haha

Hope all the homies have a great weekend!
We are in the sometimes need AC, sometimes need heat phase....
Keep sending the warm temps up north! Not looking forward to winter

Good afternoon all! Had to work for a few hours this morning but now I'm home and relaxing. I got up very early this morning which I hate considering I don't work weekends.

I hope everyone is doing well today. :)
I'm not an early riser at all...

Good morning all. Not read right back but good to see your kitchen is progressing Charade. Hopefully all done soon.

Keisha those cases are shocking to hear. Our concern here is more from sudden deaths in a number of people we’ve heard of. Highlighted obviously by our own dear friend. We receive updates on retired folks from our ICI/AZ days and certainly seems an increase in “younger” age retirees too. Perhaps coincidence.

Our outdoor work is at a standstill as our fencing contractor has had a sudden death in his family and he’s supporting his wife with that. We are patient and have got a couple of indoor jobs done. My favourite being a hanging dryer in the utility similar to one I had at our previous home. Pulleys up to the ceiling and things dry so much better.

Looking forward to our Sunday meal today as son and DIL are coming over with baby X. J & L are so excited! We went to one of our butchers yesterday in a nearby village and chose leg of lamb and chicken (L doesn’t enjoy lamb).

Take care and stay safe everyone.
Enjoy your family time Real!

Ah, still morning for Schumi and Julie, so Good Morning ladies. And ah, Metro is here, Good Morning to ya too.

I’m with L, no lamb for me. But ooh did smell that bacon, Schumi. Yum. And yeah, no sausage for me, but pancakes, yum, Metro.

63 out and raining. I thought about turning on the heater, but even with at lower temp outside, the house does not feel as cold as it could be. While I still have a throw on my lap, I’m not thinking ooh too cold in here. But that too cool feeling house is coming soon. Though as little one said, it’s nice to still be wearing shorts in the middle of October. Yes it is. 😊

And so, with that oh so nice no alarm needed tomorrow, it’s the get the ready to put the trash out tomorrow, as set that alarm then too. So today? Optional movement. Yay! And since I don’t remember when those kids went to bed, I just can’t sleep late most days I don’t need to be moving fast in the early morning. Thus, after that teapot was placed on the stove, put a load of wash on, then enjoyed some tea. Thinking of making eggs and bscon, to use up the rest of those eggs and as did buy bacon yesterday, well, why not. Any leftovers, older one will eat both, little one may be having a BLT, as we still have a tomato or two left, and she’s not a scrambled egg eater, particularly when it has peppers and cheese in those eggs.

Thus, sorry to hear fence is not quite done yet, Julie, but enjoy family time. Little X sounds so cute.

Schumi, nice to enjoy a walk, and how nice to have indoor outdoor dining.

With that, need to put another load of wash on, so have that most wonderful and happy Sunday.

Ooh, that’s louder rain. Rainy Sunday? ::yes:: ::yes::
Rainy Sunday on and off here too....enjoy your extra relaxation day!

Good morning. I woke up at 7:00 today,fed the cat and went back to sleep until 9:00. Had a dream that Dh inherited a houseboat. We went to check it out and decided to keep it as a getaway home. It really needed updating though. The decor was very 1970’s.

I’m already trying to figure out when I can go back.

Very appropriate for here too. Glad the dinner went well.

I can’t believe people are doing that again. You would think they would have learned by now.

Our other indoor work is finally got to get started again this week after several interruptions. My sympathies to your contractor and his family.

I need to go get ready for church. I’m taking 2 dozen mini cheesecakes in a giant pink cupcake.

View attachment 611822

View attachment 611823
A houseboat? That could be fun!

Cute container!

Sounds perfect mac, and yes I`d have the A/C on too......

Well hello again stranger!!

Glad to hear things are going so well with you and your family......it has been a heck of a time for sure.

That will be a very much appreciated gift for them I`m sure and yes, getting back to the parks will be lovely. But, so good to see you post and glad you`re going to be around some more....... :wave2:

Dinner was a success. Rib roast was done to a tee......Tom and I enjoyed the much rarer centre, while the other 2 enjoyed more medium beef. Horseradish gravy went down well with 2 of us, other 2 not so much. Will stick to tried and tested favourites, glad I put it in a small individual gravy boat and not over the meat.

Got a lovely email from my goddaughter who had her wedding postponed last month. Her and her fiancee went to Barbados for 3 weeks and got married there!

So happy for them. They didn`t want to wait till next year and all the carry on trying to arrange times to suit everyone else....quite right too!

Spoke to her mum earlier and they were over the moon too, I was worried she`d be upset missing it, but they`re going to have a big celebration soon.

Time to make a pot of tea and maybe something sweet to go with it......🧁
Such good news for your goddaughter!!! Many congratulations to them both!!!

Thank you mac!

They just wanted to be married and didn`t want to wait till next year, don`t blame them. I`m just looking forward to seeing their pictures now as it sounds idylic....barefoot on the beach!

I like the house warm and cosy too, but I am awful and a money waster apparently....or so I`m told by friends :confused3as I like the windows open even though the heating is on......lol......I do like fresh air in the house too. I`m not too much of waster though, if it does get too cool, I will close them......but I won`t change now.

Another early night last night, think I was in bed before 10pm. Slept like a rock too.

Today is to be chilly this morning but sunny, so we`ll be out early and do our regular walk of around 6 miles. Hoping the sun makes an appearance early doors as it does make it feel less cool.

No idea for food later, will wait till we come back in and decide then what`s for dinner. We do have some lovely Old Spot pork and leek sausages everyone likes, so might just do them for dinner.

Toast with preserves for breakfast before we head out.

i-bBx32MK-Th.gif

i-3rccTgh-S.gif

cv19-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday :goodvibes
Our house seems to be insulated well, which is a very good thing in the winter, lol!
I turned the AC off before bed last night and regret it....woke up with it much too hot inside the house!

Marvelous Monday homies.

Yay for a Monday to enjoy relaxing. Little one wants to go to First Watch, and older one wants to shop for some clothes. Perfect day for that, as week day schedule usually means less crowds, though this holiday one will have a bit more. But not anywhere like a Winter holiday crowd.

Wven with breakfast out, I highly doubt little one will be up, and have not heard her yet. So tea for me, and a little snack of a banana. I like a banana when just ripe. Mushy, nope, and it was one of the smallest I could find. It’s a fruit I only eat once in awhile. A one and done one too, as one is enough until in the mood some time much later. Nice you can buy just one or two. I did buy two, so I’m sure the men will eat the other one. Don’t think little one would.

Sweet the elopement, Schumi. So hard when they had to delay. Hope the sun came out while your walk this morning. Hope a cup of breakfast tea was with the toast.

Back to watching that big screen, and hoping I hear little one sooner rather than later. For some reason, I’m a bit hungry now. Sigh, neither kid has that up in the wee hours wake up time. Hehe, nothing wrong with two breakfasts. 😊
I'd never heard of First Watch, so I googled it. Apparently we one have about 45 minutes away. May have to give it a try!

I hope everyone had a super weekend!!

Friday wine tasting was successful...bought a case. Will now be set for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Saturday apple picking was fun too! We picked a 1/2 peck of Strawberry apples, a 1/2 peck of Snow apples, and a 1/2 peck of Macoun apples. A half gallon of apple cider juice, and a dozen apple cider donuts. And two unbaked frozen apple pies, to be made for Thanksgiving.
I'm guessing we went to the orchard hungry, lol!

Took DD grocery shopping on Sunday to get her stocked up again at her apartment for the week. And then she was off...always studying to do.
It was so nice to have a couple days with her!!

No day off for DH, so the usual weekday routine begins again here.
Happy Monday!!

Lori....us too with the weather. Just seen we may get snow soon!!! Seriously.....far too early for us, and considering we have had some glorious weather recently that was a surprise.

Fruit picking sounded like it went well, you did good!! And nice buying some wine.....one of the wine guys called us today and of course Tom just had to order some more.......I didn`t complain though!! We are getting a whole case of one we ordered last time and loved it......and they were doing a deal where if you bought 15 you got one "complimentary" lol....that`ll work.

I wish wine tastings would come back to normal over here too.

Have a great day Lori.........

Hoping the skies clear in an hour or so as we have had some rain, but we should see the Northern Lights tonight if the clouds do dissipate quickly.......we are so close to the sea so when they are visible we do see them clearly despite being a little further down the UK. They are quite remarkable to see even this far down.

Made chicken piccata for dinner tonight, not the other 3`s favourite dish, but I like it and decided that was what it was.......I saw the faces and asked them what they were bringing to the table??? lol.....they ate it. I heard then grumble they don`t like lemon chicken dishes.....😛 will make them something they love tomorrow night to make up for it. Although I didn`t see any empty plates!

Haven`t left the kitchen much today.....cooked or lounged on the sofa`s while the sun shone in, but will head through to the sitting room soon once we`ve had our pot of tea and strawberry shortcake.......a nice treat!

Lori....us too with the weather. Just seen we may get snow soon!!! Seriously.....far too early for us, and considering we have had some glorious weather recently that was a surprise.

Fruit picking sounded like it went well, you did good!! And nice buying some wine.....one of the wine guys called us today and of course Tom just had to order some more.......I didn`t complain though!! We are getting a whole case of one we ordered last time and loved it......and they were doing a deal where if you bought 15 you got one "complimentary" lol....that`ll work.

I wish wine tastings would come back to normal over here too.

Have a great day Lori.........

Hoping the skies clear in an hour or so as we have had some rain, but we should see the Northern Lights tonight if the clouds do dissipate quickly.......we are so close to the sea so when they are visible we do see them clearly despite being a little further down the UK. They are quite remarkable to see even this far down.

Made chicken piccata for dinner tonight, not the other 3`s favourite dish, but I like it and decided that was what it was.......I saw the faces and asked them what they were bringing to the table??? lol.....they ate it. I heard then grumble they don`t like lemon chicken dishes.....😛 will make them something they love tomorrow night to make up for it. Although I didn`t see any empty plates!

Haven`t left the kitchen much today.....cooked or lounged on the sofa`s while the sun shone in, but will head through to the sitting room soon once we`ve had our pot of tea and strawberry shortcake.......a nice treat!
I'm gonna have to agree about the lemon chicken dishes. I got very sick once from ordering lemon chicken pasta from an Italian restaurant. It wasn't likely the fault of the lemon....but the acidity was all I could taste when I threw up. Ugh! Never been able to eat lemon in a main or side dish since.
Lemonade and lemon desserts are ok though...

We can see the Northern Lights in the wintertime around here. I'd still love to see them in Alaska someday...guessing it's much better there!

Making the dogs turkey thigh for dinner tonight and a few nights after.
DH and I will have leftovers tonight. I cooked enough for an army this weekend since my parents and DD were here.
Glad I ran my errands earlier. The rain has moved in now and looks to hang around for the rest of the day.
Forgot the post office was closed today, so left my package in the car to take care of tomorrow.

I'm gonna have to agree about the lemon chicken dishes. I got very sick once from ordering lemon chicken pasta from an Italian restaurant. It wasn't likely the fault of the lemon....but the acidity was all I could taste when I threw up. Ugh! Never been able to eat lemon in a main or side dish since.
Lemonade and lemon desserts are ok though...

We can see the Northern Lights in the wintertime around here. I'd still love to see them in Alaska someday...guessing it's much better there!

Making the dogs turkey thigh for dinner tonight and a few nights after.
DH and I will have leftovers tonight. I cooked enough for an army this weekend since my parents and DD were here.
Glad I ran my errands earlier. The rain has moved in now and looks to hang around for the rest of the day.
Forgot the post office was closed today, so left my package in the car to take care of tomorrow.

lol....it doesn`t take much to put one off a dish when you`ve had a bad reaction to it....I think most folks have had that happen. I adore lemon in everything but don`t usually make main meals like that unless it`s just for me, but just felt like it tonight as we also had a glut of lemons, so will make some lemon syllabub for tomorrow too and maybe a lemon drizzle cake......and that`s why I`ll never be skinny :laughing:

We`ve seen the Northern Lights twice from Norway and a lesser show in Sweden some years back, very impressive to see, but even from here they can be spectacular and some local photographers capture them beautifully.

Hope your rain clears soon.......I did think of you earlier when our weather mentioned snow.......I did think.......shouldn`t Wisconsin get it first.......lol....that sounds so mean!!!!

High 70s into 80s here again thru the end of the week with few showers woot,

:cloud9:
like the windows open even though the heating is on......lol......I do like fresh air in the house too.
Same, even in dead of winter I also crack windows in main areas of house daily for ten min or so. As my grandma said back in middle of last century, it kills the germs & ‘hardens you up’:teeth: Not one to mess with what’s worked for my family thus far Had to lol when I saw they were recommending lots of fresh air in air-tight homes during pandemic. Tough old bird was ahead of her time!

Happy Monday. Nothing much going on here today.

I asked B if she knew where she was going this weekend and she said no, but her dad told her to pack her swimsuits. I checked the weather report and then sent her this.

We still have the ac on at home
But will only be in the 80’s today so that means fall might be here at the end of the month
Ours is on most of the time too. The temps can change so drastically during the week.

Hi Friends!!! It's been for-evah since I last logged on. It's been a heck of a few last 19 months, huh? I am glad to report that (so far) we came through the pandemic unscathed and are all healthy and happy
Welcome back. You just missed several of us. I am already trying to figure out when I can go back.

Congratulations to the couple.

Little one wants to go to First Watch,
I had to look that up. We have one an hour away in Roanoke.

I would stay at SF in a heartbeat, but just cannot seem to give up EP. If my vacation were longer in duration, I'd consider a split stay like you did.
If you go during the end of September/beginning of October you won’t need an EP. Most of my rides were walk ons.

Saturday apple picking was fun too! We picked a 1/2 peck of Strawberry apples, a 1/2 peck of Snow apples, and a 1/2 peck of Macoun apples. A half gallon of apple cider juice, and a dozen apple cider donuts. And two unbaked frozen apple pies, to be made for Thanksgiving.
I'm guessing we went to the orchard hungry, lol!
I need to find a local orchard. Dh loves apples but lately the ones in the store aren’t that great.

I would be happy to eat your chicken piccata. I like it as long as the lemon isn’t super strong.

I sympathize. I have gone months and even as long as a year avoiding certain foods because I got sick the last time I ate them. I still can’t eat the pico de gallo at my favorite restaurant even though I know that’s not what made me sick.

I am waiting for Dh to let me know if he will be home for dinner tonight. Usually he isn’t home until late on Mondays, but said he might come straight home from work today.

Yep, we are going to get warmer at the end of the week, yay!

Well trash out, alarm set, and keys given to older one. Here’s hoping his car is fixed and ready for pick up tomorrow, after his work.

We all did not know what for dinner, so ended up with pizza. It was good. Think ordering it on a Monday was better, as was ready quicker, and cooked just right. Mozzarella sticks were delicious too.

Ah yes, with Mac back to routine too, o can see a Taco Bell dinner tomorrow.

Yep, that back to routine, and thankful a shorter week.

Well it’s now Tuesday and caught up with reading the sans

Guess I’m the only night owl here tonight
Think if our porch light was on it will help the late night homies to find their way in here …

It’s about time to tuck all to bed

High 70s into 80s here again thru the end of the week with few showers woot,

:cloud9:

Same, even in dead of winter I also crack windows in main areas of house daily for ten min or so. As my grandma said back in middle of last century, it kills the germs & ‘hardens you up’:teeth: Not one to mess with what’s worked for my family thus far Had to lol when I saw they were recommending lots of fresh air in air-tight homes during pandemic. Tough old bird was ahead of her time!

I`d have liked your grandma!

Maybe if I tell Tom Janet does the same thing he won`t give me that "stink eye" (love that expression) when I do open the windows while the heating is on lol......

lol....haven`t seen that one before! I loved watching Columbo......

Happy Monday. Nothing much going on here today.

I asked B if she knew where she was going this weekend and she said no, but her dad told her to pack her swimsuits. I checked the weather report and then sent her this.
View attachment 612312

Congratulations to the couple.

I would be happy to eat your chicken piccata. I like it as long as the lemon isn’t super strong.

Hey....where`d you get that picture of my friend and I from back then......:rotfl:It actually could be!!! I miss high heels!!

Thank you....I can imagine how happy they are right now.

It`s not too lemony as you don`t want it to overpower the chicken, but just right. Hope you got something nice for dinner with your husband.

Well it’s now Tuesday and caught up with reading the sans

Guess I’m the only night owl here tonight
Think if our porch light was on it will help the late night homies to find their way in here …

It’s about time to tuck all to bed

Even with the lights from our porch shining through our hallway, I still managed to stub a toe a little this morning from the table in the hallway! Ouch.......

Sleep well mac........

Yep, slept again like a rock. I do wake around 5.30 though....who needs an alarm! Guess I`ve had enough sleep by then.

Feel like making a quiche for lunch today, we have so many eggs left over and the next drop is due I know that.......not a fan of eating eggs for dinner so it`s only usually breakfast or baking we use them for, maybe a quiche will be nice today if I have time to make the pastry. Bacon and leek would work. I hate when I see brocolli in a quiche......bleurgh!

Walking as usual this morning, supposed to just be dull and no rain, but we`ll see.

Doing fish for dinner tonight, thinking of doing us each a sea bass if i can get them today, I`m sure I will. Thank goodness we all love fish!

Not much else going on.....getting through my new book, it`s better than I thought it would be although 4 of the women have already given up on it.....lol.....I knew they would! Greek mythology isn`t for everyone.

i-bbBBK4t-S.gif

cv5-S.jpg

cv87-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday!!!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter