Something About Nothing............ #14

Robbie glad you had a nice visit with your dad and nice you`ll see him soon too. Yes, my mum will be 87 in March, but we are so lucky with her, she is fit as a fiddle both physically and mentally, sharp as a tack really.......I`m lucky she has my siblings close by her too.

And hope your leg improves soon, it`s been quite a long haul for you with that issue, plenty of rest.

Goodness you are sharp with the Christmas decorations 🎄.......I know how much you love them though. Usually December 1st for us, but this year we`ll be putting everything up the Friday, Saturday and Sunday before we hopefully leave. Too early for us really even though we adore Christmas, but don`t want to come back to do it all. Look forward to your pictures if you show them this year again.

Have a lovely weekend Robbie and keep well......

Lori....you are so welcome my friend!!

I did wonder if your daughter would turn up last night or today.......what a lovely surprise!! I`d have been in tears too........and you`ll have an amazing night tonight, I can`t wait to hear where you end up for dinner......

I have to go Google Pentatonix after I post this...... don`t have a scooby doo who they are :blush:...but glad you`re pleased with the gift and ideal they`re coming with you for it!!

The wine is unusual for us, as we both usually don`t ever drink French wine, red or white (only champagne) but we ordered a 2012, Francois Cotat Sancerre, Cuvee Paul as someone from one of the wine groups suggested we try it knowing we aren`t fond of French wine. He thought it was worth it.....have to say I had to eat (or drink) my words.....the Sancerre was lovely! Glad we ordered it and will order a case next time. We do tend to drink more red, but we do enjoy white too and bubbly of course.

Yes, 50 isn`t bad at all.....I`m 55 next year and plan to celebrate my *** off along with our 30th wedding anniversary ::yes::......although one of my friends is 57 the same month and she is depressed about that.....lol.....

Have a super birthday Lori....you deserve it, and to be surrounded by family who adore you is the perfect day......:hug:
Thank you Carole!

I'm blown away by the talent of Pentatonix, and am looking forward to the concert!

@J'aime Paris Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like it was a good one.

We like Vegas and have been multiple times. Haven't had the urge to go lately since covid. However, we will probably go back at some point, especially since we have friends and family that live there. We gamble a little but mostly visit resorts, bars, restaurants, and shows.

Love the dam tour :rotfl2: It was cool.

I hope it starts feeling better. Let it rest. My left knee causes problems for me sometimes. I had an accident on my Vespa several years ago, hit it on the pavement, and caused a bunch of soft tissue damage. It's usually fine, but sometimes I push it. I totally know the feeling about thinking my body can handle more than it really can now.

Another year is better than no year. I think turning 30 bothered me more than others. I feel pretty comfortable now with who am I and my age. Congratulations for next year.
thank you Soniam!!

I think we would certainly have some fun gambling a little.....but yes, I think we`d focus more on other things, but you have to gamble a little in Vegas!

I agree. We lost one of our best friends in 2016 who was like a sister to me to cancer a few weeks after she turned 50, always reminds of the saying about old age being a privilege not a right......yes, embrace it. Yes, I have felt more comfortable with me the last 20 years than my younger years looking back......and certainly put up with less bull from others than I did when I was younger too. Growing up has it`s benefits........😉

Lasagne was lovely, didn`t eat much of the garlic toast, so most went in the trash, but lasagne was very filling.

Watched Shrek earlier, now having a Pirates of the Carribean movie night....love some Captain Jack Sparrow.....opened second bottle of wine, well first one was finished with dinner.

cv68-S.png

Still blowing a hoolie outside, glad we`re in and nowhere to go. Can hear some fireworks in the distance again, but the high winds seem to have put some off, they`ll keep it for tomorrow night.......
Lasagna is such a great comfort food!

Have a good night Metro.

Well it was another little one and me. So what did we have? Yep, grilled in my pan chicken, mashed taters, and cooked carrots with a tad bit sugar in the water. Yum. And, since both of us like corn muffins more than any white bread type, had a small box of mix for it, so made just 6 small muffins, which, 3 left over for older one. Little one had to have two. With butter, they were a perfect bread side warm from the oven.

And now it’s what I feel like watching, as already changed into my pajamas. Nothing needed tonight to go out for. Little one is online gaming with her friends. Probably until the wee hours. She’s also not fond of us falling back into time to be on standard time tomorrow.

Saturday night already. Hope all get a good night’s sleep. 💤
I'm with your DD on that one!

College football certainly is incredibly popular, I had no idea till we visited the first time and heard everyone seemingly talk about it.

Did you find anything to watch? Tv over here usually sucks......Netflix or any of the other streaming options are usually what we end up watching if it`s not dvd`s at night. Don`t really know why we have so many tv`s!

It`s a beautiful day here, but we`ve still got high winds up to 45mph......didn`t really stop many fireworks last night in the distance it seems. And I think there are some organised displays tonight for some reason.

Lazy relaxing day ahead.......short ribs cooked overnight, Tom in his infinite wisdom, decided to wake me at 3am to let me know he could smell them and the smell was delicious. :confused3

He was right though.

Bacon for sure this morning, with a huge pot of tea.

Today is a day for catching up with friends and family and some reading I think.....and maybe a snooze as it`s Sunday...

i-ZNLXtLS-S.jpg

cv24-S.jpg

51D98DB3-9952-4DCA-B54A-DA9D43DA0A92-S.png

Have a lovely Sunday :)
I had bought some Irish bacon from a specialty shop recently. I wonder if it's the same as the bacon you have? It was different from US bacon....and tasted very nice!

Good morning Schumi. Ooh could smell that bacon and tea! You definitely have a very windy day. Hehe, is nice when you can smell good food cooking away. Relaxing day sounds perfect for a Sunday.

Well, for us, not nearly as windy as Schumi, but with a clear overnight, it’s 32 degrees out. But oddly, going to be a beautiful sunny start, but clouds are to arrive quickly after sunrise and be a mostly cloudy day. But they are not rain or snow carrying, as we are in a dry spell with the low weather system staying more out to sea then expected. But as the low comes closer, rain is expected Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Eh, as the low moves closer, it’s letting that Southern air flow up, and in the 60’s will be the highs, with close to 70 Friday’s high. Yay, as shorts will then be worn by the end of the week. But today, with the high as 57, shorts are not on, pants are. And a jacket will be too.

But even with the time change, I’m up early. And our typical Sunday, the start of this week, includes getting as much trash out to the curb as can, and getting ready for week day routine. Yay, it is a holiday week.

Well, alarm has been set, clock changed. All electronics automatically switch the time. Will see if I have to change the car clock. I may not, as it’s the most computerized of the ones we have. Older one has to push a little button to change the hour on his car. DH’s? I don’t think DH ever cares to change his truck’s clock. So at least he’s right half of the year.😊

So, yes, tea for me this morning. No bacon, I don’t think, but we have eggs and potatoes. Though I saw oatmeal, so on this cool morning, that sounds good. So a warm little breakfast before the kids get up hours later again. I don’t know when either went to bed, as I was in bed before the midnight clock sounded about an hour later. Then we are having a birthday dinner out, as older one does not work today, and he’s wanted to try a newer opened steak place that opened not too far from us. Looked at the menu, and think it has plenty all should enjoy.

Super Sized Sunday homies. Make it a most lazy one too. And hope it finds all doing well.
Been eating a lot of avocado toast lately, topped with Everything but the bagel seasoning. Are you a fan?

Time change and did not sleep in with that extra hour of sleep today
Awake at 6:15 for cat feeding time

Mr Mac still snoring away, good for him
He gets cranky when he does not get enough sleep

did not find Luna cat until ten minutes ago
She was whining and had to follow the sound
She was locked in the closet again
She missed a meal and made up for it when she saw her food bowl

silly kitty
This happens frequently…

warm weather returns Monday and will last for maybe 3 days
I’ll take it !!

Hope all the homies enjoy the last day of this weekend!
Our kitty used to climb into the towel closet of DDs bathroom. We'd find her fast asleep among the soft towels!

View attachment 620491
Hey all, sure glad to see this time change.

Other than this lovely youngin’ qualifying for state competition on her 1st meet of the season
View attachment 620493
All around meet champion. 1st floor, beam & 2nd vault and bars :)

Very glad to cross off the past busy week. Jr’s main refrigerator died a lingering death. Who knew there was a covid shortage of replacements? Scrounged thru lowes inventory online and was able to snag a nice one to be delivering in a few days. installation was a pip, old copper pipes running to ice maker. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that. All worked out well after 6 hours there. Glad the mr is such a handy man & no plumber was harmed

Day 3 from the derm surgery on back i.e. I can finally get it wet & take a proper bath. Feel as tho I’ve been primitive camping.

lolololol

i have specific park clothes, uniform of sort. all either goofy stuff branded to whatever park or wicking stuff...things I rarely wear at home.

110%

poor baby, hope he rebounds soon.

hate to say it, not much this year really enticed me to pull out my phone. Do look forward to checking yours out as you do have such a good eye

he’s absolutely precious

i multi-tasked before last week’s medical appts & snuck in a bit of Xmas shopping prior as many unique stores

happy, happy birthday to him!

Woo hoo, will be looking sharp for the holidays.

i actually love whatever I’ve got going on with the top layer of my hair. Several stylists agreed. it’s more of a ‘fade’ from the dark brown I have underneath & allows me to go quite a long time between coloring. Well, it would but, I’ve been going every 3 months since things opened back up just because I feel like being pampered :).

i went thru that too on a 7. apple store installed a new battery that lasted all of 5 minutes. They wound up just handing me a new phone in the store as I pitched an witch as was leaving on vacation in a few days lol.

so true. Will agree it’s so convenient to order phones online & have them show up at the door. know you are a techie, it made me feel just a bit smrter to read u had a few moments in the actual setting up process. do think if you’re not a methodical sort, probably is better to go into the store, can’t skip any steps, ‘fear sure lol

yea!

absolutely, great pic!

View attachment 620499

so nice to hear!!!

so glad the mr went out to get the newspaper yesterday & handled that for me lol. Was unexpected TBH. See it’s on there again this am. Can melt off

yea! Enjoy.

View attachment 620496

No giggles here, wasn’t a fan until i saw him ahem decades ago. Put on a killer show. Was surprised he didn’t (ironically) pen this song:confused3
View attachment 620497

aw, that’s nice to hear.

full blown shortage here, no large breasts to be found…turkey that is:rolleyes1

i shot & scored when out shopping this week.
View attachment 620498 Thanksgiving & Xmas, check. If i could only find a couple of hams…

oh no! I am not amused mine is seriously barking after 5 or 6 hours now. Not sure if it may be the weather or increased activity.

i may use this as a visual aide when I lobby to have our main tree put up later this week. The mr is off work, GD is coming to stay overnight, would be perfect activity to decorate. Not sure I can pull that request off tho. His people never put up the tree before Xmas eve, old SKool. Took time for him to wrap his head around the weekend after Thanksgiving.

oh & they can be decidedly odd lol. as an update, we are playing on Monday night this week & somehow have managed to win a few games after Lori’s team crushed us earlier this season. Worm has possibly turned there now as their QB is out on covid mandate against Kansas Ctiy (just one recent, surprise loss).

DSs‘ team went down in flames on Friday, still great they made it to the playoffs As such underdogs. Always next year!

hehe
the more extensive one is really fascinating. I didn’t understand most of it mind you as to the engineering but, still appreciated it.

My suggestion to folks is to keep driving east & spend a night on the rim at the Grand Canyon, although the park system’s hotels are a tough grab.

never heard that one, love it.

one time I am glad to be vertically challenged and unable to perform that task For the non auto ones. My story & I’m sticking to it.
Thank you for the birthday wishes, Keisha!

Your GD is such a talented young lady!!

Glad your derm surgery is healing well!

Turkey is lush!!!

Nothing wrong with having extra turkey at Christmas, I just realised we have 2 fresh turkey`s on order from our butcher and I`ll need to cancel them now as we won`t be here....oops!

Feeling very full from dinner, short ribs are very dense and the rich gravy certainly filled a hole tonight. Sprawled along the sofas now watching the Mexican GP, won`t be moving much tonight.

Got our Covid boosters booked today for mid December, one more thing ticked off to get done. And we`re getting done at the same place this time, first vaccines were so difficult to book as there were hardly any appointments available, no trouble this time.

Weather looks to be settling a little for the next few days, should get back out walking as the wind will die down a lot and temps go up a little.

Excited to see the first flights taking off tomorrow morning as the borders open up for everybody to head to the USA........Virgin Atlantic and British Airways are having their New York flights take off at exactly the same time from Heathrow exactly adjacent to each other as a little celebration, I think that`ll be very emotional...certainly exciting for the folks on board and for us watching after all this time. So many families reunited finally.

Ginger beer time I think........
Oh, so exciting! Thinking there may be some international visitors in Orlando this weekend when I arrive!

Typo Mac. Meant to say great.

Getting dark out now.

Turkeys and stuffing bought. Will drop them off to my sister, hopefully tomorrow the kids will, as she’s doing the cooking for Thanksgiving.

Quiet night. As thinking burgers for dinner. We did chicken quesadillas and wraps for lunch, and was a very late lunch, more like a mid afternoon one. So, no one’s hungry for dinner yet. But after a Costco run today, kitchen is well stocked now.

And yeah:
View attachment 620625

Please? LoL

Sweet dreams homies. And a hehe, little one found some fluffy warm socks. Seems to think house too cold for bare feet. Not me though. Still not ready for not wearing flip flops. Sigh. Winter is a coming as well. Good thing tomorrow is to be 65 the high, with sunny all day. Time to break out the shorts again, and yep, flip flops. Woooot!
I love putting on my cabin socks when the cold weather hits!

Had three chipmunks stop & look quizzically at me as I grilled the steaks this evening. As though I was invading their sanctity. Lucky for them, my pooch didn’t give chase
ok, that’s where one must draw the line in the sand!

not supposed to eat them, have cut back substantially on my consumption on that sort of junk food but, will indulge in Old Bay flavored chips now & again. Would get them in the individual packets for portion control. ha, not only have they disappeared but, haven’t seen a full size bag all summer. Growl

did u play the lottery while you were at it? :). Lucky you.

i’ve started to cube leftover bakery bread & freeze. almost ‘there’ with enough that I can dry them out in the oven and then have at making the stuffing at Thanksgiving.

Need to work on my menu & try to grab the non perishables this week before the shelves are picked Clean.

I begrudgingly pulled out regular crocs today to wear in the house. Can’t bring myself to don a pair of socks, yet.

same! a bit later…have you watched the old dragnet & perry mason series? Do love the tone of them too.
I love chips too! They are my ultimate weakness....
I've even ordered Walkers brand via Amazon to get the international flavors. It's a problem, lol!

@keishashadow Glad to hear you are healing and able to shower properly. I get really cranky if I can't/don't shower every day.

Made frittata for dinner with Seltzer's beef bologna, like a smoke salami, and swiss chard. Have enough for leftovers at lunch tomorrow.

Saw Eternals last night. It wasn't the worst movie in the world, but it definitely lacked something that the other MCU movies have.

Friday I had to run to the other side of town to get son's protein bars. He's really picky. The two near us were out. I thought I would pick up some xmas candy too. They showed having it, but I couldn't find it in the store. I think they were still putting xmas stuff on the shelves. I will try my local one tomorrow. I had also done a pickup order at our local Target, but I forgot to add the food for the food bank. So I just ran errands all Friday, other than going to the gym.

My vehicle registration saga continues. The last car passed state inspection, but it won't let me renew the registration online. I think it's because it has been too long and it has a personalized plate. I need to call them tomorrow to see what I need to do. I will probably have to go in person. My fault for putting it off for so long. Need to get the Vespa inspected too. I might do it on Tuesday. I didn't want to run chores on my birthday, but this would be the only one. It might have the same issue with registration, since it has also been over a year. Oh well, hopefully I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. The Vespa is fun to get inspected. I have to ride toward the employee, get up to at least 30mph, and then hit the brakes. I like to build up to a faster speed. It kind of freaks them out a bit. I don't know why they stand in the path though. The little things that make us happy:rotfl2:

Starting to think about packing and getting things ready for our trip in less than 2 weeks. Had to do a bunch of clean up on my laptop for picture backup. I probably need to wipe the camera memory card too, since I transferred the last set of pictures. I think we are going to do the Universal Holiday Tour, so that we don't have to wait in line for the parade, Grinchmas show, and Hogwart's Xmas projection show. We only have 2 nights. Need to get an appointment to get my nails done soon too. Busy, busy.
Your frittata sounds yummy!

Getting excited for UO too!!
Debating if I'll go for a nail appt or do them myself...

Love those type of movies too.......sounds a good way to pass a day.

And good morning....just saw you pop in there.....thought you`d slept in lol....it`s nice having company this time of day.......hope you have a lovely day......

Crisps are my kryptonite! Cannot resist them as they are so addictive....yes, not the healthiest of options!

Glad you enjoyed the steaks and I have a vision of a nature reserve all around you with cartoon creatures like Snow White ::yes:: although I do remember the bear hanging around your property!!

Never watched original Dragnet, but love the old Perry Mason shows....my mother is addicted to them......heck if you phone her when she`s watching it, she practically hunts you off the phone!

Beautiful day here.....very mild, but chilly if that makes sense. About 44F. Enjoyed a nice walk of just under 6 miles, came home and watched the dual take off from Heathrow Airport of the VA and BA flights.......quite impressive.......and so heartening to finally see the United States border opening up again to us and other countries.

cv70-S.jpg

:cheer2:

Doing some more baking today as we won`t be going back out, got some bread in the oven right now for lunch, made a Rosemary and garlic focaccia, nice and soft with loads of flavour, will have that with some parma ham and spicy balsamic for dipping.

Dinner is chicken casserole with rosemary and garlic....yes, we have a glut of rosemary to use up!! Very winter warming dishes coming up now.

Mid morning tea time here though.........

i-q9nmCwJ-S.gif

i-VVSKThM-S.gif

cv38-M.jpg

cv113-S.jpg

Happy Monday......:)

Save a piece of that bread for me!!

You know all about my weakness for chips/crisps!!

Happy Monday to you too, Schumi. Yum, bread sounds good and bet oven sending some good smelling odors from the bread baking. Yay, morning tea. Me too, though not a English breakfast one. And yay, to see those planes take off. What a sight, and knowing where both are headed. Glad your holiday trip is finally a go now. I’m sure many are happy the borders are opening.

It’s 37 degrees out now. Clear nights do that. A very sunny day it is to be, with 65 the high. Hence, shorts are indeed on.

And so, with the time change, was a very very dark wake up. Sunrise is soon, so it’s now finally looking that predawn brighter out.

But as it’s a back to routine day, I’ll be happy to enjoy that most sunny, and warm, lunchtime walk. And rocking those shades. Woot! Warmer tomorrow too. And a holiday Thursday, shorter week day routine. Yay, yay, yay!

Tea for me, a hunt for easy breakfast food, and wishing all the homies have a marvelous Monday.
We get a couple more pleasant days too, and then only a high of 38 by Friday.....sigh!

View attachment 620885

View attachment 620886

pray tell, what is this package? :scratchin Does it trump the AP viewing spot that is not the best real estate For the parade.

nwahahaha add that to the hoops people jump thru to get a state pension

yes, feel like I crawled out of a dark cave at last

so much easier

lol I do like the sounds of your mum! have a ton of them sitting on my DVR, pull them out sparingly. Of course, not above re-watching them :)

that’s a long walk in book lol.

Saw video of the first flights taking off, so soon for you. Just read that the average tourist from your side of the pawn injects $4,000 into our economy. the red carpet is being readied as we speak lol. Not sure if that reflects cost of trip or actual spending while here.

View attachment 620887

I just happy there are no gators or pythorns. Deer are starting to rut & run here, such a driving hazard. There are rural roads we won’t drive upon at all the next few months, others just during mid day when they are normally hunkered down. Worth going out of our way to avoid that hassle.
I completely identify with your memes, lol!!

lol....love the image!!

I would have thought it would have been more per tourist from over here......but I guess it all evens out in the wash! Our flights are not much less than that. I do think there`ll be more spending as folks make up for lost shopping time over the last 20 months....according to MCO twitter, today it`s acceptable to clap and cheer as the plane lands like the old days.......lol......

Oh yes, we can rewatch things over and over......I do love the Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes movies and we rewatch those dvd`s on miserable winter days again and again......

yes, gators are a whole different kettle of fish!

Lunch over and annoyingly waiting for a company to call us back. Almost 5 hours ago we were told someone would ring us back. Still waiting and not happy. Why say someone will ring soon if they don`t plan to.

I`ll be crisp and polite when they do call of course.

5 hours now
Customer service isn't what is used to be...hope you get that call sooner than later...

The birthday weekend was a lovely success, thanks to DD and DH!!! They surprised me over and over! I felt very loved by them both! :love: :lovestruc
Dinner out was another surprise, as my parents joined us at the supper club. I didn't think I'd see them, since my mom had just had cataract surgery on Wednesday. So that was another huge bonus to my b-day!!
The restaurant was new to us all, and we really liked it! Will certainly go back again!

Back to reality on Monday....ran a few errands, and currently waiting on our bug guy at home. We have a quarterly inspection to keep the crawling critters outside where they belong! My time window is 10am-1pm. But I can keep busy with laundry and other chores while I wait, so it's not too bad.

Deep thoughts to start our week...

Thank you Carole!

I'm blown away by the talent of Pentatonix, and am looking forward to the concert!

thank you Soniam!!

Lasagna is such a great comfort food!

I'm with your DD on that one!

I had bought some Irish bacon from a specialty shop recently. I wonder if it's the same as the bacon you have? It was different from US bacon....and tasted very nice!

Been eating a lot of avocado toast lately, topped with Everything but the bagel seasoning. Are you a fan?

Our kitty used to climb into the towel closet of DDs bathroom. We'd find her fast asleep among the soft towels!

Thank you for the birthday wishes, Keisha!

Your GD is such a talented young lady!!

Glad your derm surgery is healing well!

Oh, so exciting! Thinking there may be some international visitors in Orlando this weekend when I arrive!

I love putting on my cabin socks when the cold weather hits!

I love chips too! They are my ultimate weakness....
I've even ordered Walkers brand via Amazon to get the international flavors. It's a problem, lol!

Getting excited for UO too!!
Debating if I'll go for a nail appt or do them myself...

Save a piece of that bread for me!!

You know all about my weakness for chips/crisps!!

We get a couple more pleasant days too, and then only a high of 38 by Friday.....sigh!

I completely identify with your memes, lol!!

Customer service isn't what is used to be...hope you get that call sooner than later...

The birthday weekend was a lovely success, thanks to DD and DH!!! They surprised me over and over! I felt very loved by them both! :love: :lovestruc
Dinner out was another surprise, as my parents joined us at the supper club. I didn't think I'd see them, since my mom had just had cataract surgery on Wednesday. So that was another huge bonus to my b-day!!
The restaurant was new to us all, and we really liked it! Will certainly go back again!

Back to reality on Monday....ran a few errands, and currently waiting on our bug guy at home. We have a quarterly inspection to keep the crawling critters outside where they belong! My time window is 10am-1pm. But I can keep busy with laundry and other chores while I wait, so it's not too bad.

Deep thoughts to start our week...
View attachment 620920

Walkers are some of the crisps that are having production difficulties! No prawn cocktail for me!! Honestly, it`s weird seeing gaps where they should be....I did think of you when I noticed they were missing.

We can get them at the bulk buy place similar to Costco though.....I will seek them out!!

Glad you had such a lovely weekend, and glad your mum was well enough to join you all.

Still waiting....going to give up soon and try again tonight as they keep telling me over and over they are open 24 hours a day.......hmmm.

Walkers are some of the crisps that are having production difficulties! No prawn cocktail for me!! Honestly, it`s weird seeing gaps where they should be....I did think of you when I noticed they were missing.

We can get them at the bulk buy place similar to Costco though.....I will seek them out!!

Glad you had such a lovely weekend, and glad your mum was well enough to join you all.

Still waiting....going to give up soon and try again tonight as they keep telling me over and over they are open 24 hours a day.......hmmm.
Not the Prawn Cocktail flavor!!!! :scared:

Crisps are my kryptonite! Cannot resist them as they are so addictive....yes, not the healthiest of options!

i-VVSKThM-S.gif

Chocolate is my kryptonite, but I do love a good cheddar, sour cream & onion, or salt & vinegar chip/crisp, especially if they are kettle style or British.

pray tell, what is this package? :scratchin Does it trump the AP viewing spot that is not the best real estate For the parade.

I don't know where the viewing area will be. We are doing the first night. I think they did it in 2019, but I am not sure.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/holidays-at-universalhttps://www.disboards.com/threads/universals-holiday-tour.3858095/post-63497092
Did you have to call WDW too? Lol

Oh man, brings back bad memories. I recently had to renew DH and DS WDW APs. I had tickets that I had to use toward the renewals, and they were going from the old APs to the new ones. I called the AP line and waited about 30 minutes. Since I was trying to use the tickets toward the cost, the ticketing people needed to do that. She said they would call me back in a couple of hours. I wait. They call. I answer, and the call is dropped very quickly without me even getting to talk to someone. So I had to call back the AP line, to get them to get the ticketing people to call me back. Ugh! The only reason I had the tickets was so that I could make park reservations after their APs would expire, the day before out trip. It wasn't as big of a hassle when I did this with mine, but that was before they started selling new APs.

Our cat does that when the cleaners come. He specifically lays on this one beach towel. Luckily, we rarely use it, because it gets covered with hair. I always have to tell him when he can leave, or he will stay there the whole day.

It was good. Eating the leftovers for lunch.

don't know where the viewing area will be. We are doing the first night. I think they did it in 2019, but I am not sure.
thanks, that sounds like fun. A smart way to beat the crowds, especially as we would be offsite guests. Need to mull that over, only 1 night would work for us With current schedule hmmm

Chocolate is my kryptonite, but I do love a good cheddar, sour cream & onion, or salt & vinegar chip/crisp, especially if they are kettle style or British.

I don't know where the viewing area will be. We are doing the first night. I think they did it in 2019, but I am not sure.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/holidays-at-universalhttps://www.disboards.com/threads/universals-holiday-tour.3858095/post-63497092

Oh man, brings back bad memories. I recently had to renew DH and DS WDW APs. I had tickets that I had to use toward the renewals, and they were going from the old APs to the new ones. I called the AP line and waited about 30 minutes. Since I was trying to use the tickets toward the cost, the ticketing people needed to do that. She said they would call me back in a couple of hours. I wait. They call. I answer, and the call is dropped very quickly without me even getting to talk to someone. So I had to call back the AP line, to get them to get the ticketing people to call me back. Ugh! The only reason I had the tickets was so that I could make park reservations after their APs would expire, the day before out trip. It wasn't as big of a hassle when I did this with mine, but that was before they started selling new APs.

Our cat does that when the cleaners come. He specifically lays on this one beach towel. Luckily, we rarely use it, because it gets covered with hair. I always have to tell him when he can leave, or he will stay there the whole day.

It was good. Eating the leftovers for lunch.
Oh yes, the salt and vinegar chips are great too!!

Cats are particularly good at hiding...and won't be found until they want to be found, lol!

:wave2: :car: :cold: :cold:

Happy Birthday @J'aime Paris :bday: It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!!!!
Thank you Pumpkin! It was very nice, I'm a lucky gal!

Looks like it's freezing by you....stay warm!!!

It was so pleasant today that I took the dogs on 2 walks!
Almost had to finish the second walk in the dark....stinks how early it gets dark now. Poof, just like that it's dark well before supper....darn end to daylight savings!!

Good thing it's only 125 days until we spring forward, lol!!!

More days until Hard Rock Hotel.....

I can`t eat Kettle style usually as they tend to be on the hard side.

In America we love Herr`s crisps and usually buy Lays which are the same as Walkers over here, but with different offerings.....honey bbq!!! And they don`t use MSG like Walkers too. So many do use MSG, even on the plain ones.

thanks, that sounds like fun. A smart way to beat the crowds, especially as we would be offsite guests. Need to mull that over, only 1 night would work for us With current schedule hmmm

Yes, we looked at it but decided we didn`t want to donate a whole evening to it, it does look like fun though, especially the Grinch!

It was so pleasant today that I took the dogs on 2 walks!
Almost had to finish the second walk in the dark....stinks how early it gets dark now. Poof, just like that it's dark well before supper....darn end to daylight savings!!

Good thing it's only 125 days until we spring forward, lol!!!

View attachment 621045
More days until Hard Rock Hotel.....

I think I have some kind of sadism trait.....I quite enjoy the dark evenings, I love preparing winter dishes when it`s dark and miserable outside........yes, I know.....odd.....lol......it`s cosy though.

I keep forgetting you`re at HRH for this trip.....it`ll be here quicker than you can blink!

Still windy, but not as bad as it has been, quite mild too so we may get out walking this morning again, rain forecast later.

Made some breakfast muffins last night, will have a couple with some fruit later and no idea for the rest of the days food yet.....fish has been asked for, so will see what`s looking good there.

Hopefully a less frustrating day than yesterday with phone calls......I`m going to leave a review on the company who just don`t answer their phone or emails today, had a quick look and they get about 60/40 positive, but many having the same issues. Won`t use them again.

Although did manage to order several Christmas presents online while I was on hold......so I managed to do something productive while waiting.......😉

i-QTcgJzt-S.gif

cv83-S.jpg

cv77-S.jpg

Happy Spicy Tuesday :)

I didn’t take pic of holiday tree, half decorated…No peeking allowed !
But getting excited!

I posted pics to get everybody in holiday mood and I know many have plans to meet up during their visit.
It was so nice to get into car to drive to USO, just to walk in without any pre-planning park entry reservations, etc… Just park , go thru security , go to Entry Gates… walk around to enjoy perfect weather day,
get AP free Magnet and AP free pins Mummy wants his coffee and “Twister” pin
Free is nice .
Also had to get a donut at Voodoo and people watch at Starbucks in CityWalk . Why yes they have AP discounts at VooDoo and Starbucks so don’t forget to ask.…
Why is Universal so much fun nowadays?

Last edited:
Hehe, DL1, I’ve seen those pigeons year round. Nice pictures and thanks for sharing. I love the park when it’s decorated for the holidays. Excitement is always part of a trip countdown. Yay for you having a trip coming up.

Good morning Schumi. Glad you had gift orders made while on that way too long wait for a return call. Yeah, would not use that company again either. Hope you did get your walk in before the rain came.

And so while a spicy Tuesday for Schumi, it’s a Taco Tuesday for other of us homies, including Mac. As it’s the day she may want to do a Taco Bell dinner out.

And so, that sunny conditions will persist all day, making it a high temp of 69. Ooh ever that close to 70. But once the temp goes past the mid 60’s, you will surely see most people wearing shorts. Today, I am in shorts. Yay! Warmer day. But yes, as it’s getting that ever so much closer to the Wintertime, we will be back into the 50’s as the highs, with rain also predicted to make the weekend a wet rainy one. Happy that is not that snow.

And so, as a routine week day, I’m up before the sun. Though sunrise was about 20 minutes ago.

Tea drinking for me, and hope the homies have a spicy taco or two this Tuesday.

In America we love Herr`s crisps and usually buy Lays which are the same as Walkers over here, but with different offerings.....honey bbq!!! And they don`t use MSG like Walkers too. So many do use MSG, even on the plain ones.

Yes, we looked at it but decided we didn`t want to donate a whole evening to it, it does look like fun though, especially the Grinch!

I think I have some kind of sadism trait.....I quite enjoy the dark evenings, I love preparing winter dishes when it`s dark and miserable outside........yes, I know.....odd.....lol......it`s cosy though.

I keep forgetting you`re at HRH for this trip.....it`ll be here quicker than you can blink!

Still windy, but not as bad as it has been, quite mild too so we may get out walking this morning again, rain forecast later.

Made some breakfast muffins last night, will have a couple with some fruit later and no idea for the rest of the days food yet.....fish has been asked for, so will see what`s looking good there.

Hopefully a less frustrating day than yesterday with phone calls......I`m going to leave a review on the company who just don`t answer their phone or emails today, had a quick look and they get about 60/40 positive, but many having the same issues. Won`t use them again.

Although did manage to order several Christmas presents online while I was on hold......so I managed to do something productive while waiting.......😉

i-QTcgJzt-S.gif

cv83-S.jpg

cv77-S.jpg

Happy Spicy Tuesday :)
Oh gosh, that spicy meme!! Do you ever get an upset stomach from very spicy food?

I had a friend who would sweat while he ate his spicy meal....like literal beads running down his face. I asked him if he could even taste any of the ingredients in the dish, other than heat? Most of the time he couldn't...but he enjoyed the spiciness so much that the rest didn;t matter, lol!

The pigeons have arrived for their yearly holiday from from New York to Universal Studios … View attachment 621101View attachment 621102View attachment 621103
Thanks for the pictures! Really looking forward to seeing all the decorations this weekend!!!

Hehe, DL1, I’ve seen those pigeons year round. Nice pictures and thanks for sharing. I love the park when it’s decorated for the holidays. Excitement is always part of a trip countdown. Yay for you having a trip coming up.

Good morning Schumi. Glad you had gift orders made while on that way too long wait for a return call. Yeah, would not use that company again either. Hope you did get your walk in before the rain came.

And so while a spicy Tuesday for Schumi, it’s a Taco Tuesday for other of us homies, including Mac. As it’s the day she may want to do a Taco Bell dinner out.

And so, that sunny conditions will persist all day, making it a high temp of 69. Ooh ever that close to 70. But once the temp goes past the mid 60’s, you will surely see most people wearing shorts. Today, I am in shorts. Yay! Warmer day. But yes, as it’s getting that ever so much closer to the Wintertime, we will be back into the 50’s as the highs, with rain also predicted to make the weekend a wet rainy one. Happy that is not that snow.

And so, as a routine week day, I’m up before the sun. Though sunrise was about 20 minutes ago.

Tea drinking for me, and hope the homies have a spicy taco or two this Tuesday.
Weather is so varying this time of year, it's like riding a yo-yo! We have a chance of snow on Sunday....good thing I will be in Florida and will miss it!

Need to run several errands before Pilates class this morning. And after Pilates, I'm going to the drive-thru distribution for the annual Christmas cookie cookbook! It's a very popular event, but maybe this location won't be too busy since it's a Tuesday.

Will begin the "before I leave for vacation" house cleaning today, lol! Does anyone else do this? I think I do it because my mom had always done it. And since my parents are pet sitting while we are gone, I'd better get the house ready. Plus, I'll stock up on groceries and cook a few meals for their stay....

By the time I get home, there will be less than one week until Thanksgiving. I'm hosting again this year, so I'll be very busy preparing!

My dogs life:
1. Sleep all night
2. Eat breakfast
3. Go outside
4. First nap of the day!

Happy Tuesday!

Oh gosh, that spicy meme!! Do you ever get an upset stomach from very spicy food?

I had a friend who would sweat while he ate his spicy meal....like literal beads running down his face. I asked him if he could even taste any of the ingredients in the dish, other than heat? Most of the time he couldn't...but he enjoyed the spiciness so much that the rest didn;t matter, lol!

Thanks for the pictures! Really looking forward to seeing all the decorations this weekend!!!

Weather is so varying this time of year, it's like riding a yo-yo! We have a chance of snow on Sunday....good thing I will be in Florida and will miss it!

Need to run several errands before Pilates class this morning. And after Pilates, I'm going to the drive-thru distribution for the annual Christmas cookie cookbook! It's a very popular event, but maybe this location won't be too busy since it's a Tuesday.

Will begin the "before I leave for vacation" house cleaning today, lol! Does anyone else do this? I think I do it because my mom had always done it. And since my parents are pet sitting while we are gone, I'd better get the house ready. Plus, I'll stock up on groceries and cook a few meals for their stay....

By the time I get home, there will be less than one week until Thanksgiving. I'm hosting again this year, so I'll be very busy preparing!

My dogs life:
1. Sleep all night
2. Eat breakfast
3. Go outside
4. First nap of the day!
View attachment 621191

Happy Tuesday!

Such a gorgeous doggy!!! Looks so comfortable and well looked after......

It`s funny I don`t get upset tummies from spices. But, chunks of onion will hurt like hell.....lol......We do like very, very hot and spicy, but still like flavour too. Food has to have both if it`s meant to be spicy. Good Indian restaurant food, you`ll feel the heat build slowly, not just burn your mouth off! I do like medium spiced food too on occasion.....depends on the dish.

Several times in America I`ve ordered something and waiter warns me....ooh it is very hot....I tell them I would hope so, and I`m usually disappointed. Exception being the Hot sauce in Strong Water Bar......that was decent!

Oh you`ll love the decorations......I saw some Twitter sites were posting pics of the tree going up yesterday and other areas around the park.....looks lovely. Tree is still huge even without the decorations.......

Did they tell you the Hard Rock is having some roof work done? I don`t think it`ll interfere with guests too much but it started either this month or last month and will go on for around 11 months.

I think this info will be posted on the HRH website, but I haven`t looked to see if it`s there yet.

Beautiful day here and so warm for the time of year......we made 62F which for Mid November is almost tropical for us.

Enjoyed a long walk and bought some chunky cod for dinner, have some capers so will make a tartare sauce for a change.......friend dropped off some of her home made chutney`s this lunchtime, so popped out and bought a mini cheese selection for later. There`s a sweet and spicy apple with ginger and a peach one. Will enjoy an after dinner cheeseboard tonight.

Getting a little duller now, but it`ll be dark in just over an hour.

Pot of tea time.......

Ooh, always a good time for a pot of tea, Schumi.

Yep, Paris, always do wash, house tidy, and kitchen stocked for those staying home, before I leave. Sweet dog looks so comfy sleeping.

It is so nice and bright out. Yay!

i-QTcgJzt-S.gif

Never heard of Herr's:scratchin

It does take a good chunk of the evening; however, I figured it would save time and frustration waiting in line for the parade, the Grinchmas show, and the castle projections. We only have 2 nights, and it's close to Thanksgiving. I think this trip is going to be very busy.

Boy, I bet Alex Baldwin really needs that drink right now. What a shame.

It`s funny I don`t get upset tummies from spices. But, chunks of onion will hurt like hell.....lol......We do like very, very hot and spicy, but still like flavour too. Food has to have both if it`s meant to be spicy. Good Indian restaurant food, you`ll feel the heat build slowly, not just burn your mouth off! I do like medium spiced food too on occasion.....depends on the dish.

Onions, particularly raw, really get me now. I have to get them removed usually, unless they are caramelized.

The Vespa is out of commission. It won't start, even with the battery charged, and the high beam isn't working. So, no inspection or registration right now. The battery is probably bad after sitting for so long. I decided to take this opportunity to have it serviced, since it has been years since the fluids were changed/checked. Have to get it towed though. They can't fit it in until after Thanksgiving though. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter