Something About Nothing............ #14

Yes, there is some scaffolding on the pool side. And fencing with brown tarp...

I do know about the parking lot shortcut. I took it my first morning. There was a security van sitting near the "out of bounds" area....unoccupied.

Sorry for lack of updates....
We had an emergency back home. My dad injured his knee and was in the hospital for over 15 hours yesterday. Since my parents were staying at our home to take care of our animals, I had to arrange for people to take care of the pets and feed the dogs. Not the easiest task from from so far away, and on a moments notice....

Dad was release with pain meds, crutches and will have to see the ortho surgeon today. Hoping for some ok news there! Mom's already nervous he will do further harm to himself with crutches, lol

On to the good stuff!
We are having a super time! The weather has been sunny and pleasant, each day creeping up a few degrees warmer!

We've eaten at Mythos, The Kitchen, Finnegan's, Red Oven Pizza, and some quick service places.
The lemon blueberry crepe from the stand in Studios was divine!!!!! Stop at this crepe stand!!
All the food and service has been really great so far---really no complaints at all.

We've been a bit unlucky in regards to ride delays. I realize its always possible for a ride to experience a delay, but it's been more noticeable during this visit for some reason. We've experienced delays of 15+ minutes on Rip Ride Rocket, Gringotts, Fast and Furious, Velocicoaster (twice), Hogwarts Express train, and Hagrids.

We watched the Macys Parade last night, it's as cute as ever!
Bonus: No wind and temps held out, so I didn't need to buy a sweatshirt after dark, lol!
View attachment 623243

Hopefully, it's not too bad. Oh well if it is, a sort of blocked view of the HRH pool is better than no HRH.

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope he's OK.

Sounds like you are making the rounds and having a good time. I suspect stuff needs some maintenance, and it hasn't been done due to staffing, covid, and crowds. Disney is seeing the same thing. Looking forward to seeing you Thursday.

We had an emergency back home. My dad injured his knee and was in the hospital for over 15 hours yesterday. Since my parents were staying at our home to take care of our animals, I had to arrange for people to take care of the pets and feed the dogs. Not the easiest task from from so far away, and on a moments notice....

Dad was release with pain meds, crutches and will have to see the ortho surgeon today. Hoping for some ok news there! Mom's already nervous he will do further harm to himself with crutches, lol
How is your dad doing now Jaime ?

Any word or plans for what comes next for your dad’s knee?
Hope no surgery involved and he recovers quickly.

Yeah, sometimes I use bottled and sometimes I make my own red sauce, Metro. Yep, we like Italian food too. Pasta, rice and potatoes are are usual carb.
The best red sauce I have ever had was when my cousin in law (at the time) made his special sauce from scratch. He let it cook all day...I have never had a sauce that even came close to it.

Yeah I worked in the Italian part of the City for years, Metro, so I was taught how to make the red sauce. I cheat sometimes and use canned tomatoes.

Ha, not even close to dinner, and have already been asked what we are having. Um, that should be decided when I get closer to the kitchen. Hours from now. LoL

You know you are an adult when you get excited when your sock order arrives. I'm trying a brand I saw advertised on Facebook. They're a little pricey, so I just ordered 2 pair to see how I like them

I'm waiting for one more order to arrive, and then I think i have almost all of my Christmas shopping done.

We had an emergency back home. My dad injured his knee and was in the hospital for over 15 hours yesterday.
Oh no. Hope all went well with the ortho surgeon. Prayers for a quick recovery.

The lemon blueberry crepe from the stand in Studios was divine!!!!! Stop at this crepe stand!!
I really want to go back to the crepe stand and try the dessert crepes. I had the smoked brisket one when I was there and it was really good.

Ah, connectivity issues persist since yesterday. Same today, with no resolution time stated.
Hope IT gets that worked out for you soon.

Thanksgiving is a week from Thursday seems like the holidays are coming fast this year for some reason.
Time does seem to be moving quickly lately. I'm just thankful I don't have to host any holidays.

:wave2: Finally getting to make a quick stop in!

Everyone who is either calling or coming into our office has their knickers in a knot today. It must be the weather. It finally stopped snowing and blowing here. So now the clean up begins lol. I was terrified to drive dh's truck to work today (ds is working today, so he is using my car) but the roads were not too bad...and NOT slippery/icy...yet. by tonight when the temps drop, I'm sure they will be horrible tonight and tomorrow. The joys of winter here.

Not sure how much more snow fell...but as I was trudging through it and mumbling under my breath about it, it was half way up my calves again. Good thing I was wearing my boots ;) I hate wet socks/shoes.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind some snow like we used to get in Virginia...as long as I didn't have to drive in it. There is nothing better than to sit in front of a nice fire and watch the snow come down...everything is so quiet since the snow absorbs sounds. I used to love that...but again...only if I didn't have to drive in it.
It is not fun to drive in when it's compacted down on the roads with zero traction. Good thing right now it's still warm enough for road salt to clear it away, it's when it's in the extreme cold when the salt doesn't work and the roads become very slick and lots of black ice. It makes me a litt;e
Yikes! I don’t think I would function well in a Canadian winter.
Sigh...some days I know I don't :rotfl: Some of us deal with it better than others. My version of winter is running from building to vehicle to building and vice versa. We all do what we need to so that we get through.
I hope you dad will be ok. It sounds like your trip is going fantastic - even with having to arrange pet care. Enjoy your time away!

well...The papers on my desk keep piling up. I started this 2 hours ago...and still haven't sent it. At least I've got things to do today!

Take care everyone...stay safe!

Oh Pumpkin stay safe. Since we we’re below freezing these mornings, this morning had a 20 car pile up in the early morning. Said bridge was a bit icy. Yeah, black ice is not fun.

Well after looking around in my kitchen, seems a breakfast for dinner is in the menu. Well, and a steak for little one who will not eat the eggs.

Son, they did have an AP one, but I don’t remember what was in it other than red velvet cake. I too generally only order the lemon one. It is so good. I take a handful of napkins as I always find them messy. One of my favorite filling snacks.

And so bacon with home fries mixed with red peppers, tomatoes, cheese and eggs. And yes, little one had those potatoes plain. Though I did separately fry up red peppers and tomatoes for little one, with her steak, and of course, she ate some of the bacon.

Ah yes pajama time. Fading fast. As will be enjoying those zoo lights two nights from tonight, will give a night light from when we went the last time, 2 years ago:

C69DD476-4FA8-439E-8D93-A541AA564DDE.jpeg

Son, they did have an AP one, but I don’t remember what was in it other than red velvet cake. I too generally only order the lemon one. It is so good. I take a handful of napkins as I always find them messy. One of my favorite filling snacks.
They had the raspberry/red velvet cake one when we went to HHN and maybe in July. It didn't sound as good as the lemon one. We got the oreo one, because it was the only one that our son would even try. I think I will convince DH to split the lemon one with me. I love lemon!!!

Ah yes, a lemon flavor is one of my yes I like it too. Lemon curd is one of my favorite when with sweeter items. With pancakes or in crepes, YUM!

Sadly, none I have for breakfast or snacking today. Am enjoying my tea, Now at that just around freezing early temp, 31 says the thermometer. Yeah, not going out until lunchtime. And hmmm, maybe shades, maybe not. Weather guy on early morning news said a mostly cloudy day, with the clear skies staying until the clouds arrive mid morning. But that ever so nicely warmer, as 60 is the high. And that is our weather report.

And who do I see?

9A9E2C30-074A-4019-9586-CD5E8A24C083.jpeg

Why hello camel. Yeah, you feel like me. A bed mate who was restless, and so, a tired homie may be seen taking a late afternoon nap. Sigh.

Thus, homies, kids want to visit that one of a kind hunting store. It’s about an hour and a half drive away, and actually close to my niece. They may stop in, but my niece is a school teacher, and they have not been virtual since last year. So maybe will catch her a different day. She should be coming to Thanksgiving, all 5 of them.

But today is that ooh time does happily go by, as it’s a Wednesday. You know, the hump of a day, we get that ever so closer to Friday and that weekend before Thanksgiving. Woot!

A most wonderful Wednesday homies. And a good morning as well.

:wave2: Early hump day stop in!

Not as many papers to shuffle or emails to reply or send out today. My tea seems to have a hole in the cup, and I am wishing I could have another one. I think I'm going to invest in a little Keurig for my office for me to use. I really enjoy my tea. Might have to see how much they are, or maybe put it onto my xmas list. Then I could brew some tea anytime I want. It's the little things that can make work a little more enjoyable.

I am trying to gear myself to go chat with my HomeSense manager - ugh. I need to talk to them about NOT scheduling me until 10 or 11 at night for the holiday hours....and I also need the week between xmas and new years off. We are watching gd during that week, as DD has to work. My day / main job is closed for that week. It is blackout period for time off at TJX. :sad2: I understand why it is the way it is, but is realistic at times -as life happens. It is one of many reasons I left retail and will only work in the capacity that I do.

Well...I should go shuffle some of these papers and get a couple of spreadsheets sent off.

Have a great day...stay safe!

Greetings all...heading to lunch soon but won't eat anything right now. I'm heading to the outlet mall after work and then will stop somewhere and pick up dinner. I had Japanese for lunch yesterday...that was good. I hope everyone has a nice day!

I need to try this one. Did they have any new or holiday flavors? Only the oreo and lemon ones have appealed to me when we have been in the park.
I actually didn't notice...DH bought the crepe and I waited at a nearby table.
See you Thursday!

Dad spent yesterday back in the hospital again. Blood clot.....so the knee issue was put on the back burner. He is seeing the ortho sometime this afternoon.
Thank you to ALL who sent well wishes!!!!!!!! It truly appreciate it :love: :lovestruc :hug:
Sorry I'm not replying individually....
(it's a bit stressful being so far away when someone you love is having medical issues)

Just back to HRH. We are gonna spend a couple hours at the pool before DH needs to head to the airport. His trip is coming to an end. It was really nice having this time together!!!

Back to live trip reporting...
The holiday tribute store was a bit of a "miss" for me. I didn't read any reviews or blogger feedback, this is just my opinion.

(I had been inside the 2020 HHN tribute store, and thought it was fantastic!!)

This tribute store seemed to be less about the 'storyline' and more about the selling of Earl the Squirrel. The HP area of the store had so much potential, but came up short.
Again, just my impressions....

Confisco Grille for lunch was super great! I had the Philippine style sweet and sour sauce ribs atop goat cheese polenta, with a sweet chili sauce.....yum!!

I got the AP mummy Hotep's coffee delivery button when exiting the Mummy ride, it's cute! Also stopped by the AP lounge and got the pass holder magnet. They were out of the button, which was a tribute to Twister.

Did some retail therapy on the way back to the hotel. Pick up a couple goodies for myself and a grinch Xmas blanket that I'll give DD for St. Nick.

Hotel work update:
The workers were actually quite noisy this morning. They had formed a line and were passing roof tiles and dropping them into this chute, which fed into a large metal dumpster below. Made a tremendous clatter, as I guess they were shattering and banging against one an other as they went down.

Lori so sorry to hear of the blood clot your dad is dealing with now in addition to the issue with his knee. For sure dealing with blood clot and treatment for that is most important. Prayers for him that he will get better soon.

:hug: I know it’s hard to be away from family when things like this pop up.

Thank you for the update on the Christmas celebrations at Universal.

I watched a video on YouTube that showed the parade. Looks nice. They also showed Earl the Squirrel popping out of the tree. I had never heard of Earl the Squirrel before….,LOL

Did you ask them to move you to a room away from the construction. I would hope HRH would be kind enough to do that for you. I think they should have taken into consideration the rooms that would be affected by the construction and they should not have assigned those rooms.

Have a wonderful time.

Last edited:
@J'aime Paris More bummer news about your Dad. That must be very stressful.

The xmas store last year had a decent amount of Earl, but I think it's more this year. I mostly go for the snacks. However, I might buy something Earl for my Dad for xmas. It reminds me of Ernest from Ernest Saves Christmas. My dad was a big fan of his.

So, I guess the work is reroofing. Ugh! Getting rid of those concrete tiles is very noisy. I am surprised that they are already redoing it. We have concrete tiles, and they are supposed to last like 50 years. Maybe the weather and possibly hail has caused issues, or they weren't installed correctly. I guess it will help to wake us up in the morning for Early Entry :sad2: Good thing it's happening now, when the parks aren't open late. If this had been happening during HHN, when I had been up until 2am, I would be livid.

See you tomorrow!!!!

Well that clear sky must have stayed around as had a cooler than thought lunchtime walk.

Ah Paris, so sorry to hear of blood clot in your dad. Sending him lots of well wishes and good thoughts that gets treated successfully, and knee recovers well soon too. Is hard and stressful when you aren’t home, Hugs.

Ah, with no one interested in dinner, made chicken rice soup. Fried up the last two chicken breast we had, chopped them up, nuked a bag of carrots and rice to a box of chicken broth. Some seasoning, and soup it was. Older one was not full, so some grilled cheese was made too.

Now chilling. Glad tomorrow’s Thursday. And another night light from that zoo lights that we are looking forward to seeing tomorrow night:
AE6452D4-9669-4195-B7D0-278DBF541A45.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter