Something About Nothing............ #14

mac.....it`s ok, I worked it out😁.......

Pressed post too quickly......

Another hour or so till bedtime here....definitely getting darker in the evenings now.....autumn is certainly heading our way........

August tomorrow.......wooohoooo.......

i used to use the ignore button a lot but when i became a mod, had to change it so i was available for everyone

Just a quick check in from me. I finally got my movie poster project finished and submitted. I now have a new respect for graphic artists.

Dh is at rehearsal tonight, so I asked B if she wanted to watch a movie. I made the mistake of letting her pick. She is feeling nostalgic tonight, so we are now watching The Jonas Brothers Concert Experience. I guess there are worse things she could want to watch.

Last edited:
Um, lucky you, Charade? Little one would never watch or ask to watch that show. Oh well. Hope you will hear good news for your mom. Keeping her in my prayers.

A most gorgeous Sunday night. Trash at curb, and all just relaxing. Made some tea, as just that last few cups to enjoy.

Light left on. We have a light rain and it’s dark out, so hope all have a no bump into something, good night’s sleep.

Training tomorrow, as nothing like being bight and ready on a Monday morning.
But hey, a new month starts, so there’s that. You know, then 2 week countdown.

i used to use the ignore button a lot but when i became a mod, had to change it so i was able for everyone

I never have, although as soon as I saw where it was, I did use it once before.

Just a quick check in from me. I finally got my movie poster project finished and submitted. I now have a new respect for graphic artists.

Dh is at rehearsal tonight, so I asked B if she wanted to watch a movie. I made the mistake of letting her pick. She is feeling nostalgic tonight, so we are now watching The Jones Brothers Concert Experience. I guess there are worse things she could want to watch.

Do you mean the Jonas Brothers? Unless I`m really old and never heard of the Jones Brothers!! Which I could believe.......lol......

Glad you got your project done.

Thanks for the porch light!

I htink we`re going to need that porch light soon.....we had our lamps on last night just before 9pm. Not sure about this morning as I woke at 6 and it was light, but not as light as it was.....won`t be long.

Tom is out this morning helping out, I plan to bake and finish of prep for our lunch with my Goddaughter. Looking forward to seeing her, even if it is a short visit. Her mum is my cousin who lives in Manchester, she`s the feisty one who is in the Police, her daughter is the complete opposite of her, she`s more like her dad.....I tell her that`s a good thing....usually out of earshot of my cousin.....lol......

I have a load of emails I need to reply to this morning too if I get the chance......funny, some mornings you wake up to loads instead of the usual 2 or 3!

Apart from that, quiet day ahead for us. Lunch will be quite filling so it`ll be a snack dinner tonight if we bother at all.

But, a new month has arrived.......I can say.....we go :cheer2:next month........

Early breakfast of lots of tea of course, and think I`ll have some rice krispies, they`re quite light.

cv44-S.gif

cv1-S.jpg

cv98-S.jpg

Happy relaxing Monday 😁

Yes, Jonas Brothers. I still haven’t learned to proofread before I post.

I don`t think I know many of their songs either to be honest. Other than one of them being married to Sophie Turner from GoT, that`s all I know about them.

Hope your mum is doing ok. It`s not a fun situation for you family to be dealing with, and being so far away for you is tough. My mum is a long way from me and it`s not always easy.

Well, bread has baked, lasagne is waiting to be cooked and after I throw a salad together and make a dressing, food will be sorted.

Lovely day here so we`ll be able to eat outside I think.

Been tidying up while Tom is out volunteering, laundry is out on the lines and will have some tea ready for when he gets in, he shouldn`t be too long.

cv83-S.jpg

9EC02D83-45B3-47F1-90EC-0C3985F2749F.jpeg

If that’s tea, that’s me. Certainly feeling that the first of August is a Monday. Sigh. I was up before the alarm, but felt like I could use more sleep. A nice hot shower and tea, and at least it’s a training day. So I can see more tea sipping. That Monday feeling. Yeah.

It’s odd, again in the 60’s overnight, and mid 60’s right now, so no AC being heard. With all the cloud covering, 84 the high. But then the rest of the week will be our second heat wave, with. 90’s high for the rest of the week days. AC then will certainly be heard. Yep, Summer weather still here.

But yay, with today being August, it’s the first of two months our AP is used. Hope Sue is waking up to some park fun today. And Keisha, if you’re there too, hope all enjoy some park fun today. Woot!

With that weather, and being a trash and training day, not much else. Will be hearing the trash trucks soon enough. And training starts mid morning.

Ending with a hope all are having a great start to August today, and have a fabulous first week of this month.

Good Monday morning Sans family :wave:

943902B1-04C3-4197-826C-42A74CF7B9C6.jpeg
Safe travels to Keisha tomorrow. Have a blast with the family.

Safe travels to Keisha and family. Have a wonderful time celebrating your hubby’s retirement.
1046B612-16F2-4A32-BE4B-897860209893.jpeg

i had been walking in a private tour but was slowing the group down so half way in the tour, my hhn guide got it set up for me
Good to hear the tour guide got you set up Mac.

Last year the young lady who was guiding the RIP Tour my niece and I were in was a very fast walker. I think I shared with you all that we had completed 5 house in an hour and 10 minutes. The tour group was ready to collapse after that marathon hour. We had to go back to La Bamba for a 30 minute rest break.

Hello all. Not a good day here today. My sister texted me and said that Mom is being discharged from rehab on Sunday, but hasn't made any significant progress. We are trying to decided what to do next. My brother thinks that Mom has gotten to the point where she needs full time care. My sister is still trying to avoid sending her to a nursing home. I told them that I would back whatever they decide. There's just no good way to handle this,
Charade sending good wishes your way for your mom, you and your family. It’s not easy to have to make decisions that best fit your elderly parents.

Going to have very spicy Thai Red chicken curry tonight, marinaded the chicken last night and will cook it tonight, will make Jasmine rice although I eat about a tablespoon of rice, not a fan of it generally.
Sounds delicious.

We were trying to plan a camping weekend with some of his family, but they can't seem to get their po-op in a group :rolleyes2 and decide when they want to do it. Oh well...such is life. Hopefully we can get some fishing in and Momma can catch a few fish again!
Hope you get your camping trip in.

Been a lovely day all in today. Lunch with friends, then another friend came round for afternoon tea and showed me a dress she planned to wear to a wedding next month.....told her a firm no. It`s too fluffy and not the right colour for her, she is extremely slim and she needs a sleek dress, this dress did nothing for her as it washed her out colour wise too. So, she`s taking it back.

She knew I`d be honest.
It’s so good that your friend knows she can count on you to give her a honest opinion about her dress. You are a good friend.

I got the Hogwarts castle one. I liked it much better than the Diagon Alley one. I only have a few Loungefly's, but I do like them. This one really tempted me so I got it.
Very good choice. If I remember correctly those back packs had a nice design inside too. I always enjoy looking at the new Potter merchandise.

All the medication for my RA has caused cataracts that I need to get fixed. First one is scheduled and I'm hoping to be done with both by the end of September.
We are over covid, thankfully. It was just a weird illness and I'm glad its over. We definitely got during our stay. All in all, I would say it lasted 12 about 12 days.
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your eyes. Good thing to get things taken care of so your vision is improved.

Covid is not any fun
I had it and MrMac still has it
5 weeks and still counting for him

Covid is a real kick in the pants for sure Mac. Sending good wishes and prayers your way that you and Mr Mac get well soon.

And as we had the freshest eggs ever from the farm delivered last night, I made Eggs Benedict again this morning and even I had an egg as well as bacon. They have the most amazing colour of yolk, nothing like you get from grocery store eggs. We usually never use them all as we`re not big egg eaters, so I have to bake with the rest.....it`s a trial for sure.......:rotfl:
Eggs Benedict is one of my favorite

Schumi your fruit trees look like they are bursting with fruit. They are beautiful and green and the fruit looks good.

Have a lovely lunch with your Goddaughter. Your lasagna and bread sound delicious.

But, a new month has arrived.......I can say.....we go :cheer2:next month........

Hubby and I were just saying how the summer seems to be flying by.
Your trip will be here before you know.

And we have a Birthday on the San today :bday:

Happy Birthday Tink. You are missed here on the boards.

26137E99-1D63-41A7-B63A-711F37E0773D.gif

42860F81-14E4-4D66-96A4-92EF57EB07AF.gif

C719B7C6-4FD5-4C92-A80E-46E58475EE69.gif

It is just so weird how it effects others so differently. I still don't fully have my smell back. I will get whiffs of smells, then it's gone. And the scent has to be strong for me to smell it. So weird.
Pumkin I hope you get your sense of smell back fully. My sister is sick with Covid again and this time she lost your sense of taste and smell too. It is a weird virus for sure and all the mutations of it are troubling.

Lynne I hope your tea is strong and good this morning.

Sue I hope your back is doing better and has settled down some for your trip.

Been busy here past few days. We have had much needed rain. It has cooled the temperatures, but with the high humidity it has made things out doors still uncomfortable. I have done a few needed things in the garden.

Went to church yesterday morning with my younger sister. Always good to see her and spend time with her.

Grandson came over yesterday. We had a nice visit.

Hubby and I went out for dinner to a local Mexican food restaurant for dinner. The food there is authentic and very good.

Taking hubby to see the podiatrist today as he is having an issue with one of his big toes. Hopefully it will easy an easy fix.

I need to go back out to the market today. I had made an early morning run yesterday, but the store did not have the tuna I usually buy for tuna salad. So will have to check another one today.

I bought my multi-pass with Express last week. I saw this on the ticket. Not sure if it is showing up on all the multi-passes or not. Just thought it was interesting. Don’t think this will be an issue for those staying onsite on their vacations.

A890C244-9B7A-417C-853E-B3B19196D8F1.jpeg

This is just a reminder that this year appears to be a predicted busy HHN. The Premier Resorts are sold out on a number of dates in September and October.

Wishing you all a wonderful first day of August.

Last edited:
A very happy birthday to Tink! Hope you are doing well, and kids spoil you well.

Brighter out, dampness early this morning is gone. Should be around 73 by lunchtime. But I will still be in shorts. Humid enough. And will bring my sunglasses. Even if somewhat cloudy, I still wear my shades, as too bright makes me squint, and harder for me to see.

Robo, hope your DH’s toe is okay, and he gets an easy fix at the doctor today. Good to hear you have been busy, with family and the garden. Hope to meet up with you, and yes, should be much more busy this September than last year. Could not believe I could not even get any of the three when I tried in the Spring. I did book next year already. And for the first time, I did buy the multi day with express too. Decided would be nice to meet up with others besides that Saturday I’m doing the private tour.

Good Monday morning Sans family :wave:

View attachment 689753

Safe travels to Keisha and family. Have a wonderful time celebrating your hubby’s retirement.
View attachment 689756

Good to hear the tour guide got you set up Mac.

Last year the young lady who was guiding the RIP Tour my niece and I were in was a very fast walker. I think I shared with you all that we had completed 5 house in an hour and 10 minutes. The tour group was ready to collapse after that marathon hour. We had to go back to La Bamba for a 30 minute rest break.

Charade sending good wishes your way for your mom, you and your family. It’s not easy to have to make decisions that best fit your elderly parents.

Sounds delicious.

Hope you get your camping trip in.

It’s so good that your friend knows she can count on you to give her a honest opinion about her dress. You are a good friend.

Very good choice. If I remember correctly those back packs had a nice design inside too. I always enjoy looking at the new Potter merchandise.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your eyes. Good thing to get things taken care of so your vision is improved.

Covid is a real kick in the pants for sure Mac. Sending good wishes and prayers your way that you and Mr Mac get well soon.

Eggs Benedict is one of my favorite

Schumi your fruit trees look like they are bursting with fruit. They are beautiful and green and the fruit looks good.

Have a lovely lunch with your Goddaughter. Your lasagna and bread sound delicious.

Hubby and I were just saying how the summer seems to be flying by.
Your trip will be here before you know.

Happy Birthday Tink. You are missed here on the boards.

View attachment 689761

View attachment 689759

View attachment 689760

Pumkin I hope you get your sense of smell back fully. My sister is sick with Covid again and this time she lost your sense of taste and smell too. It is a weird virus for sure and all the mutations of it are troubling.

Lynne I hope your tea is strong and good this morning.

Sue I hope your back is doing better and has settled down some for your trip.

Been busy here past few days. We have had much needed rain. It has cooled the temperatures, but with the high humidity it has made things out doors still uncomfortable. I have done a few needed things in the garden.

Went to church yesterday morning with my younger sister. Always good to see her and spend time with her.

Grandson came over yesterday. We had a nice visit.

Hubby and I went out for dinner to a local Mexican food restaurant for dinner. The food there is authentic and very good.

Taking hubby to see the podiatrist today as he is having an issue with one of his big toes. Hopefully it will easy an easy fix.

I need to go back out to the market today. I had made an early morning run yesterday, but the store did not have the tuna I usually buy for tuna salad. So will have to check another one today.

I bought my multi-pass with Express last week. I saw this on the ticket. Not sure if it is showing up on all the multi-passes or not. Just thought it was interesting. Don’t think this will be an issue for those staying onsite on their vacations.

View attachment 689775

This is just a reminder that this year appears to be a predicted busy HHN. The Premier Resorts are sold out on a number of dates in September and October.

Wishing you all a wonderful first day of August.

Thanks Robbie.....lunch was indeed nice and we had a lovely afternoon, we don`t get to see her very often as she doesn`t live close, it was a fluke she was in this area for her business we managed this time.

I eat very few eggs, and only ever at breakfast, so it`s not often I make that dish...I do love the sauce though so will have bacon if I`m making it for Tom....doesn`t look as good though on my plate....lol......

Yes, the fruit trees are all the same, every one of them looks to be giving a good yield this year. We`ll give most of it to the farm, well, they send the farmhands to pick them and we keep a little for pies and so on.

I can`t believe how fast this year is going......

Hope your DH gets his toe sorted, it can be a painful thing. And sounds like you`ve had some nice family time and meals out too. I wish I liked Mexican food....I think Tom and I are the only ones is all our groups of friends that never go to that type of place.

I think it`s going to be exceptionally busy going forward for a long time in the parks!!

Good to see you.....glad you`re doing ok.:wave2:......

As I just mentioned, had a lovely little afternoon with my Goddaughter. She`s completely the opposite of her mother as she is so easy going and nothing phases her. Her mother is a CiD officer so is a little intense at times, but lovely. She ate a double portion of the veg lasagne....while we had the meat version. And she is so tiny, I don`t know where she puts it, she is just under 6 foot and slim as a rake. But, it was lovely to see her.

We sat out for a long time, but it got breezy, although it is warm as heck, so got all my bedding and laundry dry that was hanging out on the lines.

Cut a large orange into segments as a little snack now.....they`re gorgeous and so full of juice! No skin or pith, just the flesh. Doubt we`ll need food later, but we always have plenty of snacks in store.

Pot of tea on the way too.......

Quick stop in while I take a break from anatomy. We are down to our last chapter in the class - the reproductive system. The chapter is actually assigned to next week, but this week we have a workbook assignment of the reproductive system, so I figured I should read the chapter before attempting the work.

I don’t know what is going to happen with my mom. She is back home with my sister now. My brother says she is very weak and can’t really do anything for herself anymore. He thinks she needs full time care, but my sister seems to think she can handle it. We will just wait and see.

Robo - hope your husband gets some answers about his toe. I can relate to toe problems. Mine is the small toe though.

Happy birthday to Tink. Hope you are having a good day and can stop in and say hi.

I hope your sister has help once in awhile, Charade. Bless her. My DH is doing that with his mom, taking turns with his brother and sometimes sister. He says it’s an exhausting job. Maybe see if her insurance or local senior help place can arrange for a nurse to come stay with your mom for a few hours, to give your sister a break every week. My sister and I paid for a nurse to put my mom to bed. We both could not get her in every night, so it worked out well. We got the nurse at a discounted rate through our local county senior help place.

Ah, okay then. Little one put her salad on her pizza slices of the pizza I made. Eh, I thought it was good, as I put some deli pepperoni slices on the rest of the pizza slices for the rest of us. Felt like that kinda might. Pizza.

Not even sunset yet. Sigh.

Will be an early night for me. Commuting tomorrow.

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes...it means so much to me.

Smiles aren't working for some reason. I haven't posted much lately for personal reasons plus my wifi signal at home is nonexistent lately so I have to be at work to get a decent signal. Good news is we are getting fiber optic run in our county soon so it will improve dramatically.

We are doing well but not going to HHN this year due to some financial setbacks. I will have to live vicariously through you all who are lucky enough to attend. Hope you post lots of pics.

I do have some sad news...my sweet pup Sasha (my avatar) passed away last month...she graced us with her husky talking aroooroo for 11 years...I miss her sassy tail every day.

I had a nice birthday meal tonight...Trey grilled chicken, steak, veggies and burgers. Danielle made strawberry margaritas, it was all good and I blew my diet big time. My gift was an overnight stay at the Omni Hotel at the Battery and great seats at the Braves/ Mets game on the 17th.

A big shout out to Carole, Mac, Robo, Lynne, Charade, Janet and anyone else who I missed....hope you all have a wonderful week.

I have really missed you Tink….

Sounds like you are having a sweet birthday today and your celebration will continue until the game on the 17th.

Long birthday celebrations are great !

( sorry to read about Sasha) 😟

I hope your sister has help once in awhile, Charade. Bless her.
I think Mom has some sort of therapists coming. My sister said she would also look in to whatever else she could get. I suggested that she may have to look into applying for Medicaid.

do have some sad news...my sweet pup Sasha (my avatar) passed away last month...she graced us with her husky talking aroooroo for 11 years...I miss her sassy tail every day.
I am so sorry.

Charade I hope your mom can build up her strength in the days that come.

It’s stressful for her adjustment back at home but she might sleep better in her own bed and improve more each day.

Hopefully your sister can start the process of getting her on medicaid.

Some years back I had to set up services for both my parental units for home care.

All the paperwork was time consuming but once done, all went ok

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter