Something About Nothing............ #14

Stay safe, Pumpkin, forest fires are so scary. I do hope while nice to be dry, rain is good when so hot and too dry.

Ah, it’s Sunday, and a later start for us. I build those in, when I travel with little one. She does try to get up early, and does some of the days. Once in awhile, I go early and meet up with her later. More when we are at the dark side, then when we are at the mouse.

And so, a very happy Mother’s Day to all the mom homies, and all the kinds of moms we love.

69 out, but 88 the high, so shorts it is. Mostly cloudy day they say, but the rain chances hold off until the next couple of days. Whatever. Still warm, and that’s the way I like it. Home is 45 out, 55 the high, and rainy day, with it starting by the next hour. Glad I’m here, just saying.

She’s asleep, so time to make some tea. I bring an electric tea pot, and use bottled water. Works for me.

Good morning all.

When it’s hot, we tend to not eat heavy for lunch
Factor in the exercise too and we grab something lite carb/fruit for breakfast and only eat one meal a day…otherwise the heat and humidity turns our stomachs there.
And from our balcony, we get to see this
It’s a great place to see some of the Epcot ones. One of the reason we did buy there. Issue is word has gotten out and many non-guests do just come to spend an enjoy evening on the boardwalk. Clogs up what passes for the CS there. So glad they really tightened up on the parking there.
We got an emergency alert as a fire had started about 15 miles from the city and they were evacuating :faint: so it starts again :sad2:. I hope the forecast is correct, and the rain will come about Wednesday. Let the rain dances commence.
O
No
Not
Again

Where is schumi ?
Believe she has her hands full with RL
Happy Mother's Day! Missing my Mom and MIL😢

Hugs, it is indeed difficult after our loved ones pass. For the, the first year (various anniversaries are the worst).

The big question is, would your mother want you to be sad, or would she prefer you to remember the good times? Pretty sure mine would tell me to quit moping (the language would be decidedly more colorful) and have at it.

Many ways to honor a loved one. I plant something, make one of their favorite dishes (today it’s both corned beef and a chuck roast), thing they loved to share with me.:flower3:

Mother’s Day comes in all different flavors.

In a comedic vein bordering on the twilight zone (‘cause who said horror is confined to October?); I submit for your approval…

Always nice when the kids pile back home
IMG_5126.jpeg

Be a legendary Mom
IMG_5127.jpeg
What can I say, look at my avatar, I cut my teeth on horror movies. Some of my happiest childhood memories having my Mom’s hand clapped over my eyes “so I didn’t get scared” :teeth: :cloud9:

IMG_5128.jpeg

Have a great day!

1715533525852.png

Happy Momma's day to everyone - in whatever capacity of a momma you are!!!

The wind has shifted and blown all the smoke away. Woke up to light smoke but could at least see blue skies. It looks like the smoke has cleared out and the skies remind me of those clear bright Florida / Mexican heat skies :lovestruc

Dh whipped up some breakfast for all of us today - which is something we don't really do anymore. We are always busy on weekends doing this, that or gone entirely.

I received a Lululemon gift card some time ago - and thought I would check online AGAIN to see if I could find something in my size and color. That turned out to be a big fat NOPE - And then people wonder why I HATE that store :rolleyes1 I'm not big enough to need plus size - but I also need the bigger sizes - and longer lengths of pants - which are impossible to find at that store. It seems the style there right now looks to be " homeless bum" look - with " I grew out of my pants and tops and Mom hasn't had time to buy me new ones yet" look. It's a good thing that gift cards don't expire.

Happy Mother's Day! Missing my Mom and MIL😢
It's been 10 yrs since my MIL passed away - and we still miss her greatly on these days. I spent 20 years celebrating Mother's days with her - and I still miss her in so many capacities. I still wear her apron when preparing family gathering meals.
Many ways to honor a loved one. I plant something, make one of their favorite dishes (today it’s both corned beef and a chuck roast), thing they loved to share with me.:flower3:
I agree...so many things to do honor them on days like today. I wear MIL's apron if I'm cooking - and we always make her favorite dessert - yellow cake / sponge cake / angel food cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top. Missing them never gets easier - we just learn to ride the wave of grief a little better.

And yes - it has started again. Fires that were dormant - are sparking up again with the winds. The one close to use - was man made again :furious: Much of our province has had lots of rain and heavy snow falls this month - so we are in a much better position compared to last year - but the northern northern part of our province and the country are dry, dry dry.

Well, I think I'm going to head outside, sit at our patio set and work on a puzzle today. Just enjoy the day today.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

View attachment 858841

Happy Momma's day to everyone - in whatever capacity of a momma you are!!!

The wind has shifted and blown all the smoke away. Woke up to light smoke but could at least see blue skies. It looks like the smoke has cleared out and the skies remind me of those clear bright Florida / Mexican heat skies :lovestruc

Dh whipped up some breakfast for all of us today - which is something we don't really do anymore. We are always busy on weekends doing this, that or gone entirely.

I received a Lululemon gift card some time ago - and thought I would check online AGAIN to see if I could find something in my size and color. That turned out to be a big fat NOPE - And then people wonder why I HATE that store :rolleyes1 I'm not big enough to need plus size - but I also need the bigger sizes - and longer lengths of pants - which are impossible to find at that store. It seems the style there right now looks to be " homeless bum" look - with " I grew out of my pants and tops and Mom hasn't had time to buy me new ones yet" look. It's a good thing that gift cards don't expire.

It's been 10 yrs since my MIL passed away - and we still miss her greatly on these days. I spent 20 years celebrating Mother's days with her - and I still miss her in so many capacities. I still wear her apron when preparing family gathering meals.

I agree...so many things to do honor them on days like today. I wear MIL's apron if I'm cooking - and we always make her favorite dessert - yellow cake / sponge cake / angel food cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top. Missing them never gets easier - we just learn to ride the wave of grief a little better.

And yes - it has started again. Fires that were dormant - are sparking up again with the winds. The one close to use - was man made again :furious: Much of our province has had lots of rain and heavy snow falls this month - so we are in a much better position compared to last year - but the northern northern part of our province and the country are dry, dry dry.

Well, I think I'm going to head outside, sit at our patio set and work on a puzzle today. Just enjoy the day today.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Just time for a quick thank you Pumpkin, LOL. Your smoke from Canada is now here!!!! I went outside this AM to hang out sheets in the fresh sweet smelling air, and guess what? The smoke bombarded me and I scurried back in to the house and clothes dryer:) It is an every Spring thing up here in N. Mn.:)

Happy Mother’s day to all the mothers here. Quiet day here. I overslept and missed church. We went out for lunch and now I am stuffed. B gave me a really pretty card along with gift cards to Chick-fil-A and Apple. Now I need to decide what songs I want to add to my phone.

The weather today is absolutely gorgeous. 73 degrees, sunny, with a breeze. I have my windows open right now.

Our town last night was sorta hohum for the solar show, just faint pink purple thru the clouds.
I can’t believe I missed it. My friends and neighbors were posting gorgeous pictures.

When it’s hot, we tend to not eat heavy for lunch, Dinner coming after what is now, snacking and relaxing, after MK fun.
Yep, light meals and lots of water. We tend to save the bigger meals for late in the day just before we leave.
Sounds like you are having a great time.

And from our balcony, we get to see this:
Awesome

We woke up to smoke - lots and lots of heavy smoke rolled in overnight.

We got an emergency alert as a fire had started about 15 miles from the city and they were evacuating :faint: so it starts again :sad2:. I
Prayers that it doesn’t get to be anything close to last time.

Happy Mother's Day! Missing my Mom and MIL
This is my second Mother’s day without my mom. Just doesn’t seem right.

I received a Lululemon gift card some time ago - and thought I would check online AGAIN to see if I could find something in my size and color. That turned out to be a big fat NOPE

You have my sympathies. I have the opposite problem. I do need plus sizes and I am short. I hate clothes shopping.

I dozed off while typing this. I have a feeling I will be sleeping through most of the race today.

We stuffed ourselves at brunch, then went to the Studios, got our AP pins at the 5 and Dime, then saw MIB was 20 minutes standby, so gave ride a pass, saw minion shooter was 10 minutes standby, so we got in, was a walk on. Then we went to AK, rode the safari ride, and then went back to room. Then rode boat to the DS, walked in Toy Story shooting game, and 40 minute wait for Minnie ride. Then took sky ride back, and went into Epcot, as little one knew the band, I did not, so we watched one session, then worked our way out of the park. Now chilling in our rooms, as more fun to be had at the dark side starting later tomorrow, where we will have the express pass for the next three days.

And safari picture for Mac:
IMG_3505.jpeg

Baby born last year, so cute a little elegant. Boy one.

Quick drop in to say a belated Happy Mother’s Day to all.

IMG_3294.jpeg

IMG_3298.gif

IMG_3299.gif

IMG_9589.gif

IMG_9588.gif

IMG_3297.gif

Also remembering all the Moms that are no longer with us. They hold a special place in our hearts. They are the moms that gave us life and made us the awesome individuals we all are today.
IMG_3306.gif

Noticed Carole is still missing. Sending good wishes her way that all is well with her and her family.

Our check out day. Told little one we have to be out by 11. It should be close, given she’s probably going to sleep another hour. Then we are going to check our bags, to have some more Epcot fun, as got the VQ for Guardians, that should be good around lunchtime. Hopefully then pick up our magnets and see what their AP lounge looks like. Then late lunch at the Springs, and maybe a little shopping, then check into the dark side for more fun there before late night at Epcot. Long, but fun day in store, I think.

Robo, hope you had a nice Mother’s Day, and feeling good. Also with your coffee in your HHN mug, enjoy it this morning.

I’m pretty much packed, and we had a very nice day yesterday. My weather app says dinner time thunderstorms. That’s okay, we have raincoats and water sneakers, and flip flops, so we are good. Plus, if too hard a rain, we still have plenty of snacks and drink to supplement any other food we pick up around that stormy time. Glad, like most thunderstorms, they come, and then they go pretty quick. Was pretty muggy yesterday. But the sunshine is out and will be until the storm comes. And the evening looks dry, as well as tomorrow. Then maybe some rain the day we leave. Whatever. Rains at home, rains down here.

Marvelous Monday to you all.

Quick stop in today.

The sun was shining brightly and the birds were happily chirping outside our window this morning. There was a slight chilly breeze - but there is rain in our forecast for today. Let the rain dances commence. I hope I can get some extra steps in today. If not - it will be walking the hallways over breaks.

I started this post at 9:00 - it's currently 11:45 and I did get a quick walk in while on my break. It's windy and chilly - but the sun is shining - so I'm happy! Things keep hitting my desk :surfweb: today. And I sure could use another tea - my first one seemed to evaporate before I got to really enjoy it.

Not sure what I'm whipping up for dinner tonight - all I know is I have chicken out. I have a few meals planned for the week. Dh is heading to Boston tomorrow for work and older ds is working out of town this week. So that leave me and youngest ds. So one night will be butter chicken (one of this favorite meals) and probably grilled burgers another night - then probably fend for yourself one night.

I was hoping to be able to move my tomato plants I started awhile back - to be ready to move outside - They won't be ready quite yet...hopefully the first bit of June they should be ready to go outside. I did start them late :rolleyes1 but they will catch up quick with our south facing backyard. Our patio and backyard are always a HOT spot in summer.

Just time for a quick thank you Pumpkin, LOL. Your smoke from Canada is now here!!!! I went outside this AM to hang out sheets in the fresh sweet smelling air, and guess what? The smoke bombarded me and I scurried back in to the house and clothes dryer:) It is an every Spring thing up here in N. Mn.:)
Sadly - it may be another smoke filled summer :sad1:
B gave me a really pretty card along with gift cards to Chick-fil-A and Apple. Now I need to decide what songs I want to add to my phone.
Those are great gifts!!! Chick-fil-A (insert drooling) is great!
Now chilling in our rooms, as more fun to be had at the dark side starting later tomorrow, where we will have the express pass for the next three days.
Sounds like you are having a great time!
remembering all the Moms that are no longer with us. They hold a special place in our hearts. They are the moms that gave us life and made us the awesome individuals we all are today.
It doesn't get easier. I think finally 10 yrs later we ride the waves of grief easier - but she is still greatly missed.

Well, I should get going - as it's finally lunch time.

Have a great day everyone

Ah, rainy later evening ride to Epcot, but lucky, as only needed our rain jackets for a very short time when we first got there, then the rain held off the rest of the night, and got so muggy as we left. Ride back was fast, and I was asleep before little one.

Overcast mostly today, saying 94 the high, with a bit windy. We are thinking VB in the morning, but will see what time little one wants to get going. They open at 10 this morning. Then park fun until they close. I think that is what is on our last full day plan.

It’s tacos day, so get some from Lisa here, or Taco Bell, or make some. Taco Tuesday is upon us. Week is marching along.

Good morning, all.

Quick stop in!

Cool and windy day here. Went out for my quick 15 minute walk. Came in and now can't seem to warm up. My eyes are burning today - as the hospital ventilation down here isn't working great - and it still smells smoky yet after this past weekend.

I think it's left over night tonight. There is still salsbury steaks and mashed tatters from the other night, scalloped tatters, and then some homemade chicken noodle soup I made last night as dh is fighting a cold. So it will be our fend for ourselves tonight.

I'll have to come up some crafting ideas for GD. I'll be cruising Pinterest tonight for some craft projects. I am driving there Friday after work. It is dd and son-in-law's anniversary this weekend. So I will stay at the house with gd so they can have a little staycation. And all our gd said she wants to do is " crafts" :laughing: She is a very girly girly girl. I think we are also getting a pedicure together as well. That is what dd got me for a momma's day gift :love: She knows how I love my pedicures. So it will be fun, busy weekend.

Well, I should go shuffle more papers around.

Have a great day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter