Southwest fares open Aug 4th for flights thru April 24.

Slightly more?

Jet Blue is often cheaper these days.
For us this has been the case that JB for assigned seats and even paying for 2 suitcases to and from has been significantly cheaper the last 5 years over SW. I grabbed SW this morning at 1,277 and now they are at 2,483.91 for same flights on SW! Seriously?

If there are no WGA fares available, I would keep checking.

Sometimes, all of the fares are not loaded right away when the schedule is released. That has happened to me a couple of times when trying to book as soon as the schedule comes out.

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see that, unlike last year, the SW flights from MKE to MCO opened at $154 each way, which has been their normal base (non sale) fare for the last few months. Last year the WGA fares opened at about $275 each way and never came down for the most popular travel days.

It will be interesting to see if those fares go up as the day progresses.

I booked IND -> MCO for 3/30 at 6:45 this AM for $161/person. Now up to $186/person. I booked RSW -> for 4/8 at 6:45 for $161/person. Now up to $245/person!!:eek: Two of the wanna get away options were already sold out at 6:45 for the return from RSW. Crazy, but I am glad I got on this AM!!:banana:

Traveling from New England during school vacation week is always more expensive, but we budget and plan for it.

FYI: If you booked and are unhappy with your prices/flights you can cancel within 24hours of booking for a FULL REFUND-it's a law that applies to all airlines. One year I forgot to add our known traveler id and I was able to cancel and rebook no problems at all within 24 hours of booking.
I just called to verify.

It is curious that Newark (NJ) is so much less than PHL, it has been that way on and off for the last 9 months. I have used Newark last trip, and will fly out of there again this Fall, and next Spring.

Newark is closer to me, but the parking is more expensive there, and I hate Terminal A there. But, I will deal with both for the cheaper fares.

I really need to book BNA (Nash) to MCO for 3/31 - 4/8....cheapest WGA is $165 Nonstop for each flight - arrival and return flights. I was seeing $120 for late Feb and was hoping that would be the case for my time period, but apparently not. :( I'm actually kind of shocked it isn't higher to be honest, with it being spring break and close to Easter....but I still wanted it to be less, lol. o_O

I'm debating booking. Should I wait or should I book? Will it go up, will it go down? Agghhh!

I hate to book and it go down, as I can't get refunded as I have to book WGA fares...the others are too stinking high! But we want an early flight to MCO and there is only 1 nonstop flight departing before 1PM.
Decisions, decisions. :badpc:

I was up at the crack of dawn waiting for this. Booked our spring break (week before easter) for what I thought was very good price/points. We live in southwest CT and our springbreak aligns with NYC next april (ughh) so prices out of NY and BDL were high already. I had 2 choice airports I wanted- either Hartford or Newark (newark as I had noticed prices were pretty reasonable there when I was researching a few days ago- and hubby likes this airport as he flies out of there for business frequently and says its a better drive than JFK or LGA). Started with the Hartford search and it wasnt awful but I was still going to have to pay a few hundred more than I wanted.

Booked Newark and got 2 roundtrips plus 2 one ways all with points. Then only paid a little over 200 total for the other 2 one way tickets. We are traveling "off days" though. Wed night to Thursday night the next week -we wanted that as we taking a cruise that returns on Thursday.

Then locked in my car rental for 220- not a bad starting spot- so I was thrilled! Good morning this time.

Last edited:
Jetblue's fares were slightly cheaper than Southwest's fares for our April trip, but Southwest had much better flight times for us so we went with it. We fly from Buffalo and are never pleased with the time options Jetblue has on their direct flights to MCO.

I just checked SW prices for 03/31-4/8 out of Boston, no non stop flights and my price with Jetblue with one bag included, non stop was only about 40 dollars more than a over 5 hour flight on SW. Glad I booked with Jetblue

This SW release caused JB to reduce my outgoing flight during Easter week to $139 per person, so I booked with JB. Very pleased with this rate. We fly out of Buffalo. However, going to wait out our return flight as I can see it's still 90% empty when I hit "view seats," so there's a great chance fares will go down unless people suddenly start to book.

This SW release caused JB to reduce my outgoing flight during Easter week to $139 per person, so I booked with JB. Very pleased with this rate. We fly out of Buffalo. However, going to wait out our return flight as I can see it's still 90% empty when I hit "view seats," so there's a great chance fares will go down unless people suddenly start to book.

The JetBlue flights leaving Boston on my dates (4/14 or 4/15) are also almost completely empty but still super expensive ($499 one way - 'only 5 seats left at this price').... Pretty ridiculous pricing! We are going on a cruise and I don't want the boat to leave without us - otherwise we would have flown on the much more normally priced Easter Sunday morning flight!

Whaaaaa I forgot today flights opened. When I checked tonight $218 one way for both legs. I will be waiting for a price drop.

The JetBlue flights leaving Boston on my dates (4/14 or 4/15) are also almost completely empty but still super expensive ($499 one way - 'only 5 seats left at this price').... Pretty ridiculous pricing! We are going on a cruise and I don't want the boat to leave without us - otherwise we would have flown on the much more normally priced Easter Sunday morning flight!

I know what you mean! I kept getting the "only X seats left at this price" when it's at $500 and an empty plane! That message and high price went away today when SW fares came out. Only one way, though. Bummer that now I have to keep checking several times a day for our return flight! I wish just once it could be simple -- like the good old days when SW used to be $49 each way, anyone remember that?

Since lots of people ask "What time does Southwest release the schedule", I like to add a post to record the release time. It looks like it happened around 6:40am, about 20 minutes later than the past several releases. Did anyone manage to book earlier than 6:40am?

Ugh all Texas flights to MCO in March are insane! Our Spring Break is early March and nowhere near Easter so I assumed the prices would not be that bad. It looks like they have singled out the getting there weekend and the coming back weekend from each airport as those dates are way higher than others......even the Easter weekend rates are lower. I can't find the logic in that :confused3

Ugh all Texas flights to MCO in March are insane! Our Spring Break is early March and nowhere near Easter so I assumed the prices would not be that bad. It looks like they have singled out the getting there weekend and the coming back weekend from each airport as those dates are way higher than others......even the Easter weekend rates are lower. I can't find the logic in that :confused3

I noticed that when I booked our flights yesterday. We leave March 31 and return April 8. Our flights were reasonably priced, but I still noticed that the Easter weekend flights are cheaper than our flights 2 weeks before!! o_O

I noticed that when I booked our flights yesterday. We leave March 31 and return April 8. Our flights were reasonably priced, but I still noticed that the Easter weekend flights are cheaper than our flights 2 weeks before!! o_O
Exactly. We were planning on flying out 3/9/17 and coming back 3/17/17 and the texas-mco flights that first weekend are all crazy, and the mco-texas flights the second weekend are just as bad. I am taking it personal lol...not really but that is what it feels like. And I have checked every airport within a 6 hour drive radius too including Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans, Little Rock, and even Oklahoma City. They must know that is my kids spring break week lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter