• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space 220 Lounge

I have a split stay starting March 21st (one night at the beginning of my trip). I called at 7am today and the CM booked every meal I wanted including Space 220 for lunch, Ohana dinner and Homecoming for dinner. It was actually really nice. I may start calling instead of trying to book them myself..... I definitely had better luck with availability.

How do you get 10 ADR advantages? We are staying at Disney deluxe villas , old key west amd wilderness lodge

You need to link your resort reservations to your MDE account. Once they are linked, your 60+10 dates (or length of stay) will open in the WDW dining site. If nothing is linked, you will only be able to reserve 60 days in advance of the ADR.

What are your exact check-in dates?

March 16-30 and it is linked but I’m only able to book 60 days out

Are you signed into your MDE account when looking for dining reservations? What are the dates of your first stay?

Edited to add: If you are having issues accessing your 60+10 privilege, consider calling Disney Dining so a CM can help you. I have a resort reservation around that time and I'm seeing a 7:45 pm, March 23 reservation for 2 right now. If you are able to look later in the week of March 25, you will, most likely, find more availability.

I tried to book Space 220 Lounge at my 60 day mark, but there was no availability. I have been checking everyday, multiple times, since then. We are now just over 2 weeks out and I have had no luck for any day of our trip. I will keep trying, but I'm wondering if anyone has been successful in getting a reservation this close to their trip?
I know cancellations happen all of the time, but I'm starting to think this reservation is just not going to happen.
If you're okay with sitting at the bar, that's for walk-ups only. You go to the podium (right side of Mission: Space) and put your name in. Then you wait on a line. It's usually not too long of a wait. You get the same experience and you're in the same space as the dining room (and obviously the lounge).

The bar seating does not allow guests under age 21, correct? But kids can be in the lounge seating?

How is it possible that the entire restaurant and lounge fill up exactly at 6 am for all times, all day and night? it just seems like f#ckery is at play , lol
People pay for software that makes the reservation for you immediately

The bar seating does not allow guests under age 21, correct? But kids can be in the lounge seating?
When we were there in December there were children sitting at the bar (the actual bar - not the lounge tables). I recall hearing a long time ago that children were not allowed to sit at the bar, but that no longer appears to be the case.

Every time I have done a split day, it makes me wait until the beginning of the next "split" to make ADRs. So if you have the 10 days split up it negates the +10 advantage.

Is this what others have experienced with split stays?
If you have a split stay, book your ADR's for the first stay online at 6 AM. Then call at 7 AM and book for your second stay. I did this back in Nov for a Jan trip and worked perfectly - no need to wait until 60 days prior to the second leg of the trip.

When we were there in December there were children sitting at the bar (the actual bar - not the lounge tables). I recall hearing a long time ago that children were not allowed to sit at the bar, but that no longer appears to be the case.
I wouldn’t count on this. At least in September, my nephew and his wife wanted to see the inside of Space and got in line for the bar with their 5yo and 3yo. The rest of us soon got a text asking if we could take the kids because they weren’t allowed to sit at the bar. They were offered a table in the restaurant, but they only wanted to grab a drink and not eat a three course meal. I mean, they may do it on a case-by-case basis, but I wouldn’t say it no longer appears to be the case.

I wouldn’t count on this. At least in September, my nephew and his wife wanted to see the inside of Space and got in line for the bar with their 5yo and 3yo. The rest of us soon got a text asking if we could take the kids because they weren’t allowed to sit at the bar. They were offered a table in the restaurant, but they only wanted to grab a drink and not eat a three course meal. I mean, they may do it on a case-by-case basis, but I wouldn’t say it no longer appears to be the case.
Interesting. We were there for awhile and saw two different families with young children come and go at the bar. Don't you love the inconsistency :rolleyes: ? It really doesn't make sense for them to not allow it IMHO. We eat at lounges throughout WDW on a regular basis and see children sitting at the bar all the time. Here at Space 220 you have a space with a theme that most children would love and yet they (sometimes at least) restrict them from the bar seating. Weird.

I have a split stay starting March 21st (one night at the beginning of my trip). I called at 7am today and the CM booked every meal I wanted including Space 220 for lunch, Ohana dinner and Homecoming for dinner. It was actually really nice. I may start calling instead of trying to book them myself..... I definitely had better luck with availability.
I think the ability to book the whole split stay is dependent on the CM you happen to get when you call. Some are insisting that they can’t book the full split stay at the time of the first reservation.

I've seen kids (in the 10 to young teen range) at the bar twice. But both times were early afternoon lunchtimes. Is it possible that the bar seating allows children in the earlier lunch hours but not for dinner times? We have local movie theaters with high-end reserved seating and bar/restaurant service that are adults-only, but they allow kids on weekend afternoons up to 4 or 5pm.

We couldn't get one at first either. We had alerts set up, but ended up joining a FB group called Disney Dining Reservation Exchange Drop/Add. Someone was dropping a reservation and we were able to coordinate the drop and I grabbed it! So maybe join and keep an eye out for those still looking

Interesting. We were there for awhile and saw two different families with young children come and go at the bar. Don't you love the inconsistency :rolleyes: ? It really doesn't make sense for them to not allow it IMHO. We eat at lounges throughout WDW on a regular basis and see children sitting at the bar all the time. Here at Space 220 you have a space with a theme that most children would love and yet they (sometimes at least) restrict them from the bar seating. Weird.
I completely agree, but I think it’s due to the fact that Space 220 isn’t a Disney-owned restaurant. I don’t see an issue with anyone sitting at a bar that’s in a restaurant (as long as they are only served if legal age - obvs).

Can you definitely order from both menus in the lounge? Also has anyone had luck getting the lounge at 60+2?

Can you definitely order from both menus in the lounge? Also has anyone had luck getting the lounge at 60+2?
Idk about the 60+2, but we did eat in the lounge and I had food from the lounge menu and my DS had the prix fixe lunch.
This was this past September.
Good luck!
We really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter